Reviews (1-25 of 58)
Using Halogen again helps us to convert paper processes into electronic ones improving accountability and compliance. All of this works to improve employee satisfaction and increased feedback and recognition.
Some of the language within the forms cannot be changed unless you change the language in the entire system. So the more creative you become the system can become more restrictive.
I have changed company reps numerous times and have lost track. I had my first one for a long time and we even became friends. Since then mine changes almost 2-3 times a year. Not sure if it is because of the merger or what. Not sure how everything will work now that Cornerstone has purchased Saba.
- Easy to maintain and update.
- Easy for each HR Business Partner to track their own client group's activities and past performances.
- Easy to roll out company-wide processes at once and duplicate it for future years.
- Updates are focused on the wrong areas.
- Support has gotten very poor since becoming Saba. Almost impossible to get our CSM on the line and it seems to change monthly.
- Any add-ons cost a lot - even for features that should be included in the base package.
The big problem we have is that it makes things almost impossible to take OUT of the system. Good luck printing goals or moving them to a different place for reviewing. It doesn't happen too often but fundamental features within a Performance Management System are missing here.
- The form creator in the appraisal is very strong with many robust features.
- The LMS allows imports of SCORM 1.2, AICC and Tin Can.
- The newly designed dashboard is user-friendly and appealing to end-users.
- Offline adaptability.
- The LMS could use more AI or machine learning to reduce admin burden.
- Missing some sort of social collaboration tool.
- I think it's a great tool to keep evaluations uniform, by using a consistent format.
- It's great that you are able to see all your reviews from the past, so you can see how your evaluations were in the past and how you may want to change things for the future.
- It's pretty user friendly, you just fill in the spaces answer the questions or giving the descriptions that are asked of you. You don't have to be a computer tech to use it.
- I think some of the format could be paired down. While it is user friendly, there are some extra spaces and steps that could confuse a first time user. For example, some sections don't apply to my position, but they still show up on my evaluation. I know by now that I don't have to fill this out, but some people might be confused by this and wonder how to answer the question when it doesn't apply to them. (This probably may be with my company, however, as I'm not sure how much control they have over the format of the evaluations.)
- The goals space should be able to be ongoing, instead of needing an end date. Some goals my supervisor set are ongoing goals, so since they don't have an end date, it appears as if they are overdue on Halogen.
- It's really not that difficult to use. It just has a lot of extras I think that don't always get utilized. The option to hide some of those things (i.e. Learning Goals, or Development Goals) I think would be another improvement.
- The support line has been wonderful, especially as I initially learned to navigate the complexities of the product.
- Champions HQ is a wonderful way to connect with other administrators and learn more effective ways of using the product to support our organization.
- The product is very robust and hasn't been intuitive for our end users, or back end users to figure out. The biggest issue we still have after over 4 years of using this product is how to launch a course. End users click on the underlined title of the course expecting the course to launch but instead get a course description box. Its been very difficult for them to see and click the small round button that launches the course.
- One feature I miss (that a previous LMS had) is the ability to log into an employee's learning profile and withdraw them from several classes at once. I have to load each course, search through the list of participants and withdraw the employee from each course.
- Since Halogen has merged to become Saba, I noticed that people on the support line seem more rushed to find a solution (any solution) for the issue I have and I often feel rushed off the call.
- 1:1 meeting module allows our managers to have frequent performance conversations with their employees. Previously this was done once a year.
- Goals Module allows the employees to have transparency on how their individual goals impact the corporate goals.
- Development plans allow employees to stay focused on the skills development they need and also help them with their career planning and growth.
- A separate test environment
- LMS can be more user friendly
- Expand the use to allow it to handle mentoring programs.
- The reminders are great, therefore, keeping you on track.
- Completing the appraisal through the stages is a smooth transition.
- The capability of being able to redirect an appraisal back to a manager or employee to complete is awesome.
- Resource center has great information.
- The reports have room for improvement. Being able to access reports without having to go into the process detail would be efficient.
- TalentSpace is great at providing Administrative Training so that your administrators really understand the backend of processes
- TalentSpace has a user-friendly platform for completing performance reviews and clearly lays out all steps in the process and their due dates -- the reminders are also very helpful.
- From an administrator point of view, until you are used to using the back end of processes, setting them up can be cumbersome as there are so many options to utilize, you can easily miss things that would be a benefit to you just from not realizing they are available.
- It would be helpful if there was a way to upload documents -- we had some people not meet the deadline last year who will not have goals from the past year to utilize in the system when we open the process this year.
- Performance Reviews
- Compensation Module
- End User experience for TalentSpace
- Learning is definitely Halogen's weakest arena. It is somewhat difficult to navigate and interact with.
- The back end of admin is clunky and dated.
It is being used across the whole organization for our staff-level positions.
The business problems that it addresses is training needs and feedback needs for our employees.
- It is a tool that promotes continuous feedback.
- I like that Halogen has a lot of different processes that can be used for any stage of the Human Resources lifecycle like onboarding, performance, compensation, etc.
- The functionality of the system definitely needs to be improved. For example, just from looking at Saba Cloud it looks like it is a more well-rounded system that is more modern than Halogen is.
- The learning curve of Halogen is one of the cons of the system. Anytime we have someone come onboard with our HR team, it takes a long time for someone to become comfortable with the system.
- Customer Service should be easy to be reached. Chat features, more responsiveness from Client Success Managers, etc.
- Halogen is very customizable and it allows for the possibility of utilizing processes in creative ways.
- I like the integration of feedback with appraisal processes.
- Halogen also allows for creating development plans that leverage many of its components.
- I would like to see the eLearning platform be more robust and user-friendly.
- I would like to see other types of processes available.
- It would be great to be able to categorize the documents import area.
- 1:1 agendas are easy to create, add comments to and prompt excellent conversation flow on the topics that truly matter to the manager and the employee.
- The system can be easily customized to reflect your company's language and culture. We did this in several areas of the platform (goals, development, learning), and it made a world of difference in the understanding and adaptation of our users. One example is that in each learning module, we added 3 questions in the course description so that managers would be automatically prompted to ask to follow up / learning transfer questions when their employees enroll and take a learning course.
- Halogen support is outstanding. Any question I have had has been answered upon the first contact or within 24 hours.
- The e-appraisal processes can be tricky to create and navigate on the admin side. I find that testing each process using the test users that Halogen provides within the system is critical to ensuring the process and the form is operating as I intended it to prior to releasing a process to our organization.
- The succession module works backward from how we currently approach our succession/Talking Talent process and unfortunately it's not customizable to be able to accommodate our process. This was disappointing to hear and therefore we are not currently using this module to its full capacity.
- The coaching piece is great because we personalize it with our values and branding.
- We have customized the feedback piece with our own visuals and branding. It makes it easy for our managers to give and track feedback.
- We use if for onboarding pieces. I like that it sends automatic reminders.
- I think the ability to track training other than e-Learning would be a huge improvement
- I would like the ability to customize some of the training trackings
- 1:1s are very functional
- Feedback can be great - we use it to deliver training snippets.
- As an administrator of our processes, I love Halogen's support team. I call on them often leading up to and during a process. In the rare case that they can't resolve my problem right away, they work on it quickly to get back to me with a solution.
- Halogen has a robust feature set and is highly customizable. It can be overwhelming to a process administrator the first time through (if the process is complex), but it's nice to know the platform can do just about anything I ask of it.
- The user interface has gotten a lot nicer in the past few versions. That's important as our users are shifting more toward mobile devices.
- The flip side of such a robust platform is learning curve for administrators. If you have a complex process, it can take many hours and mistakes for the process to get set up just right and executed smoothly. If the organization isn't patient, or if the administrator can't focus on running a complex process, it may be hard to maximize the investment from the people side.
- The tracking aspect of determining what status a performance appraisal is in for each employee is very useful.
- The ability for anyone in the organization to provide feedback to another co-worker using the Feedback Central Halogen link in Outlook is truly great.
- It is also nice, from the administrator side, to be able to set up a New Years evaluation process for every employee and know that the process will be tracked and started based on the time frame that we have established upfront.
- The navigation from the administrator side is not the most intuitive feature. Some of the programming is very different from other similar software suites that have been used in the past, there is a great learning curve.
- I wish there were greater connectivity capabilities between Halogen Talent Space and our HRIS system. It would make data integration much less work, and easier to do throughout the year when we add staff to our headcount.
- Halogen TalentSpace is great for individual tracking of performance. You can add goals directly to the profile, add documents such as emails, and update anything at any time. That is super helpful.
- Halogen TalentSpace is also super useful for performance tracking on an HR level. We apply raises that depend on annual review scores each year, so to have all those scores in one place in the same process is a lifesaver. We also love how easy the reporting aspect is.
- Halogen TalentSpace has gotten noticeably easier for our employees to use from year to year. We have a lot of employees who have been with us for decades and were used to our old paper process and so were reluctant to move to an electronic process. But Halogen is easy to both teach and tweak every year so we can get everybody comfortable with us, and we've had a noticeable drop in technical issues calls (to our office for internal help) over the past five years.
- I am sticking with the old view of reports for Halogen TalentSpace because although the new view gives you more details, it's hard to set up so that you see exactly what you need to.
- I wish I could adjust the wording/coding more on the admin side because some of the labels Halogen uses for sections are different than what we use but I can't change them and that is sometimes confusing to users, especially supervisors.
- Nobody really likes the updated home page view, including myself, because it adds extraneous information but hides details that used to be available with a quick glance.
- Customization. Halogen can be configured to the needs of our organization.
- Training. The training provided by Halogen on the software and soft skills need to successfully use the software is exceptional.
- Ease of Use. The software is extremely user friendly even for those who are not computer savvy.
- Their Support Team is amazing
- They offer a wide variety of modules
- Performance management is their niche
- I think an updated reporting tool would be beneficial
- How Saba can help more of the mid to lower size companies
- It's customizable
- Support is readily available if you are stuck at a process
- Great training provided
- More training for administrators as this product is very extensive
- Users need to have basic knowledge of HTML knowledge
- First and foremost, the support is outstanding.
- Halogen maintains a great audit trail within the software that tracks each process and individual interaction.
- Halogen listens to their customers. Unique requests or concerns are helpful in forward thinking and the continual evolution of the product.
- I am always looking to see more functionality for professional services clients. Tremendous changes in the last few upgrades that address multiple managers rather than just direct-line reporting.
- Halogen makes it easy to connect with your employees around Goals and Development plans. As a Leader, you are able to enter and/or assign Development Activities whether it is an external activity or a Learning Activity that has been setup in Halogen.
- Halogen allows you to give and receive feedback, which is a crucial component to Development. By utilizing Feedback Central you can easily attach these items received throughout the year to any Evaluation process that you have created ... eliminating the need to re-type!
- Halogen's Learning Module allows you to purchase of variety of e-Learning content and assign these course to specific competencies within your organization. You can also create Instructor Led Learning Activities and have employees Enroll.
- Learning Paths are another great way to get everyone within a department or the organization on the same training page (New Employees, Department Specific, etc.) Learning Paths are various Learning Activities that you group together and can assign to individual employees or entire groups. You can add prerequisites, documentation, url's, or SCORM compliant data to test th knowledge of your employee once they have completed the course.
- When creating Evaluation Processes the limitations around the number of Goals that will push over to the form can be frustrating to some departments/positions. Only the first 10 will automatically come over.
- The ability to attach any Documents that you have saved within Halogen should have a way to link to any Feedback that is entered in through Feedback Central.
- The file size of and media that is attached to a Learning Activity or Path could be increased to accommodate more elaborate videos/presentations.
Saba TalentSpace (formerly Halogen) Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Saba TalentSpace (formerly Halogen)?
Saba offers an organically built cloud-based talent management suite — Saba TalentSpace™ — that promises to reinforce and drive higher employee performance across all talent programs — whether that is recruiting, performance management, learning and development, succession planning or compensation.
TalentSpace provides end-to-end, fully integrated applications that were designed to organically support optimal employee performance. The vendor says each module works together to streamline talent management operations, while also aligning a company's workforce with their business strategy. The software offers industry-specific solutions to address the unique requirements and challenges of mid-size companies in healthcare, professional services, manufacturing, the public sector and more.
Fully featured, TalentSpace is a comprehensive performance management software offering a consistent and user-friendly interface. The vendor says its powerful, yet simple-to-use solutions are used by organizations that want to build a world-class workforce that is aligned, inspired and focused on delivering exceptional results.
Saba TalentSpace (formerly Halogen) Screenshots
Saba TalentSpace (formerly Halogen) Videos (4)
Saba TalentSpace (formerly Halogen) Downloadables
Saba TalentSpace (formerly Halogen) Integrations
Saba TalentSpace (formerly Halogen) Competitors
Saba TalentSpace (formerly Halogen) Pricing
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
Saba TalentSpace (formerly Halogen) Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||50%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||50%|
Saba TalentSpace (formerly Halogen) Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Saba TalentSpace (formerly Halogen) Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|