Saba TalentSpace (formerly Halogen) Reviews

April 09, 2020
Janice Love | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Saba Talent Space and Job Description builder. It is managed by the Human Resources department and is used throughout the organization. We not only use the system as it was intended to handle things like a 90 day appraisal and the annual appraisal as well as assigning and signing off on job descriptions. We also use the system to reduce paper processes. Other process we use halogen for are performance improvement, tuition reimbursement, continuing education, exit interviews, fitness subsidy reimbursement and signing off on policies and procedures. Many of our processes are set up on automatic pilot for enrollment.
Using Halogen again helps us to convert paper processes into electronic ones improving accountability and compliance. All of this works to improve employee satisfaction and increased feedback and recognition.
  • Feedback and recognition.
  • Performance improvement.
  • Performance management.
  • Printing functionality.
  • Licensing.
  • Form and language flexibility.
One thing I really appreciate about Saba is the support department. Whenever I want to create a process they will listen and help me by providing options on what the system's capabilities are.

Some of the language within the forms cannot be changed unless you change the language in the entire system. So the more creative you become the system can become more restrictive.
The support center is great. They are willing to take the time to listen and evaluate your issues. They also have Saba Champions where you can seek information from colleagues who also use the system.
I have changed company reps numerous times and have lost track. I had my first one for a long time and we even became friends. Since then mine changes almost 2-3 times a year. Not sure if it is because of the merger or what. Not sure how everything will work now that Cornerstone has purchased Saba.
Read Janice Love's full review
May 11, 2020
We used Saba TalentSpace to administer our performance management process throughout the organization. We were seeking a solution to transform of appraisal process from paper to digital.
  • Easy-to-follow interface.
  • Ability for customization.
  • On-demand training.
  • Offer add-on modules at a more affordable price point.
  • Administrator features are cumbersome.
Saba TalentSpace is best suited for large organizations with budgets capable of supporting all modules and a staff dedicated to the management and oversight of the system. As a small non-profit with neither of these things, Saba was not the right fit for us.
We only purchased the appraisal module and without the other modules offered, you are really limited in what you can do and the process becomes much more involved with needing to maintain information across multiple platforms. We found that they charge for everything and call it "consulting." We poured so much money and time into a system that was just overkill for what we really needed.
April 18, 2020
We use this application primarily for performance management and appraisals. We have also used it for 360 Peer Reviews.
  • Knowledgeable CS agents.
  • Current software updates.
  • I have been through numerous CS agents and account managers.
  • The company was sold.
It is a very easy and streamlined tool for use with performance reviews and peer reviews.
I have had many, many account agents. It is a bit frustrating to have to explain my situation over and over again to a new person. But all the ones that I have had have been very knowledgeable about the product.
April 09, 2020
Currently we use it for our performance management process and for our e-learning course delivery. As a company with a broad geographic, having an e-learning platform to sync and distribute our learning and year-end process is essential. It also allows us to track, coach, and consult with other areas of the business based on its User Centre.
  • Easy to maintain and update.
  • Easy for each HR Business Partner to track their own client group's activities and past performances.
  • Easy to roll out company-wide processes at once and duplicate it for future years.
  • Updates are focused on the wrong areas.
  • Support has gotten very poor since becoming Saba. Almost impossible to get our CSM on the line and it seems to change monthly.
  • Any add-ons cost a lot - even for features that should be included in the base package.
It's really fine for having everything digitized and communicated to your employees. For performance, you can open the process and customize the notifications for all employees and the reminder emails and whatnot. Very easy to maintain users during an active process. There are some odd glitches during processes if you use certain steps (i.e. employee self appraisal, manager appraisal, next level approval - if a mistake is made, it needs to be rolled all the way back to the beginning).

The big problem we have is that it makes things almost impossible to take OUT of the system. Good luck printing goals or moving them to a different place for reviewing. It doesn't happen too often but fundamental features within a Performance Management System are missing here.
I gave this a 6. I think in the last 2 years, it's dropped considerably as nothing really changes within the program. I think a few years ago I would've given this an 8. We had a really strong CSM that was reachable all the time, especially as we were adapting it to speak to another program. She was really good and she departed and it's been silence since then. Only getting contacted from the vendor for a sales pitch without understanding our business in the slightest. Halogen was great but the Saba ownership has really turned it bad.
November 13, 2019
Justin Borland | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently utilize Saba TalentSpace to handle our annual appraisal processes, goal-setting processes, and training administrations. Due to organizational complexities, the project is being utilized departmentally. For those departments that can take advantage of a cloud-based system it significantly reduces the number of paper transactions and greatly reduces the administrative burden we once had to track down training records and appraisals. This system also allows us to deliver standardized online training to meet our compliance needs across the organization.
  • The form creator in the appraisal is very strong with many robust features.
  • The LMS allows imports of SCORM 1.2, AICC and Tin Can.
  • The newly designed dashboard is user-friendly and appealing to end-users.
  • Offline adaptability.
  • The LMS could use more AI or machine learning to reduce admin burden.
  • Missing some sort of social collaboration tool.
This system fits very well with small to mid-size organizations looking for a cloud-based system. At a minimum, I highly recommend the performance management tool. I also strongly recommend understanding your end-user populations. If you happen to work in an industry with low technology utilization I'd advise against a cloud-based system like this.
The customer support team is very informative and always willing to help. It's refreshing to be able to speak with a live subject matter expert. The only reason I bumped my score down a few points is their follow-up for product enhancements or fixing of major bugs. Sometimes it can take more than 8 months to get major bugs fixed from a development team.
Read Justin Borland's full review
October 23, 2019
Amanda Carpenter | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used for yearly employee evaluations. We self-evaluate and then our supervisors evaluate us via Halogen. We also use it to rate our coworkers on occasion. I think it helps make employee evaluations easier and pretty consistent year to year. It's also used to keep track of goals that were given to us during our evaluations, so it can be utilized all year long, not just during the evaluation period.
  • I think it's a great tool to keep evaluations uniform, by using a consistent format.
  • It's great that you are able to see all your reviews from the past, so you can see how your evaluations were in the past and how you may want to change things for the future.
  • It's pretty user friendly, you just fill in the spaces answer the questions or giving the descriptions that are asked of you. You don't have to be a computer tech to use it.
  • I think some of the format could be paired down. While it is user friendly, there are some extra spaces and steps that could confuse a first time user. For example, some sections don't apply to my position, but they still show up on my evaluation. I know by now that I don't have to fill this out, but some people might be confused by this and wonder how to answer the question when it doesn't apply to them. (This probably may be with my company, however, as I'm not sure how much control they have over the format of the evaluations.)
  • The goals space should be able to be ongoing, instead of needing an end date. Some goals my supervisor set are ongoing goals, so since they don't have an end date, it appears as if they are overdue on Halogen.
  • It's really not that difficult to use. It just has a lot of extras I think that don't always get utilized. The option to hide some of those things (i.e. Learning Goals, or Development Goals) I think would be another improvement.
I think it's great for evaluation time, both self and for supervisors. I'm not really sure how else you would use it. It's nice that you can do your self-evaluation, then once your supervisor completes their evaluation of you, you can easily see and compare the two. It's also well suited for viewing your job performance over the years.
The only problem I've ever had with it was logging in, and that problem was resolved quickly.
Read Amanda Carpenter's full review
September 26, 2019
We use the Learning and Performance modules in Saba TalentSpace, and we use them with every employee in our organization. We use Performance to complete our annual performance appraisal process. We also create 90-day reviews for new hires, as well as offboarding appraisals for those leaving the organization. We use the Learning module primarily for our annual compliance training which is quite extensive.
  • The support line has been wonderful, especially as I initially learned to navigate the complexities of the product.
  • Champions HQ is a wonderful way to connect with other administrators and learn more effective ways of using the product to support our organization.
  • The product is very robust and hasn't been intuitive for our end users, or back end users to figure out. The biggest issue we still have after over 4 years of using this product is how to launch a course. End users click on the underlined title of the course expecting the course to launch but instead get a course description box. Its been very difficult for them to see and click the small round button that launches the course.
  • One feature I miss (that a previous LMS had) is the ability to log into an employee's learning profile and withdraw them from several classes at once. I have to load each course, search through the list of participants and withdraw the employee from each course.
  • Since Halogen has merged to become Saba, I noticed that people on the support line seem more rushed to find a solution (any solution) for the issue I have and I often feel rushed off the call.
Based on our experiences with TalentSpace I think it is best suited for an organization that is truly committed to building a learning and performance culture and will leverage the tools that TalentSpace provides. We haven't taken full advantage of these tools and it often seems that we are paying for far more than we need or use.
The support is good, though often rushed, and sometimes in the rush, I'm given a solution to a problem I'm not experiencing.
May 09, 2019
Suma Elwell | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Saba TalentSpace as a performance management tool. Our managers use the 1:1 module to track performance and touch base on the goals and development plan. The feedback module is used organization-wide to send and receive positive feedback. We also use the LMS module and have created inhouse programs and also use a few third-party vendor programs for our tech, internal processes, and compliance trainings. Saba TS helped us move from a performance review culture to a performance management culture.
  • 1:1 meeting module allows our managers to have frequent performance conversations with their employees. Previously this was done once a year.
  • Goals Module allows the employees to have transparency on how their individual goals impact the corporate goals.
  • Development plans allow employees to stay focused on the skills development they need and also help them with their career planning and growth.
  • A separate test environment
  • LMS can be more user friendly
  • Expand the use to allow it to handle mentoring programs.
This is very useful for an organization where employee development is a core value. I cannot think of where this might not be well suited. If you are a company looking to move from a performance review culture to a performance management culture then Saba TalentSpace is your solution. But like with everything you also want to implement this in a culture where top management supports the initiative.
Read Suma Elwell's full review
May 02, 2019
Sidney PersonHammond | TrustRadius Reviewer
Saba TalentSpace/Halogen is being utilized at our organization as a whole with all benefited employees. We are looking at the possibility integrate some of our faculty positions as well moving forward.
  • The reminders are great, therefore, keeping you on track.
  • Completing the appraisal through the stages is a smooth transition.
  • The capability of being able to redirect an appraisal back to a manager or employee to complete is awesome.
  • Resource center has great information.
  • The reports have room for improvement. Being able to access reports without having to go into the process detail would be efficient.
I have worked on other systems and Halogen is great for a higher education institution. The system allows for flexibility to extend out the appraisal as well as create appraisals based on your company/department needs.
Read Sidney PersonHammond's full review
January 16, 2019
Kristen Slade, CPHR | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Halogen to do our Mid-Year and Annual Performance Reviews. Currently in scope are our Management and Excluded Employees, who have the opportunity to do their self-appraisals and have meaningful conversations with their Managers about Goal and Performance Development within the Organization. This is relatively new for us but has been a great help in automating a previously manual process.
  • TalentSpace is great at providing Administrative Training so that your administrators really understand the backend of processes
  • TalentSpace has a user-friendly platform for completing performance reviews and clearly lays out all steps in the process and their due dates -- the reminders are also very helpful.
  • From an administrator point of view, until you are used to using the back end of processes, setting them up can be cumbersome as there are so many options to utilize, you can easily miss things that would be a benefit to you just from not realizing they are available.
  • It would be helpful if there was a way to upload documents -- we had some people not meet the deadline last year who will not have goals from the past year to utilize in the system when we open the process this year.
Talent Space is great for people wanting to automate their process and have a formal review process in place. It is less appropriate for those looking for an informal or flexible process.
Read Kristen Slade, CPHR's full review
January 16, 2019
Jennifer Keith | TrustRadius Reviewer
Halogen is used across our company to manage reviews, learning management, compensation, and for onboarding policy sign-offs. All administrative employees have access and are required to use the system for some of these things, depending on their roles. Performance reviews are all completed in Halogen, which helps us keep track of who has received a performance review and when. Before Halogen, our completion rate of reviews was much poorer.
  • Performance Reviews
  • Compensation Module
  • End User experience for TalentSpace
  • Learning is definitely Halogen's weakest arena. It is somewhat difficult to navigate and interact with.
  • The back end of admin is clunky and dated.
Halogen is great for Talent Management. It is just learning that I would recommend they look somewhere else (their partner/owner company, Saba, has an amazing learning platform). Halogen also works very well for compensation. There is a tiered approach to giving raises that go up the chain of command that lets managers control over raises, but makes sure higher-ups get to confirm and sign off.
Read Jennifer Keith's full review
August 23, 2018
Jenise Brown | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use Halogen to manage our Performance Management cycle for our organization. We also utilize the Learning Management module of Halogen to allow our employees to take their career to the next level through learning.

It is being used across the whole organization for our staff-level positions.

The business problems that it addresses is training needs and feedback needs for our employees.
  • It is a tool that promotes continuous feedback.
  • I like that Halogen has a lot of different processes that can be used for any stage of the Human Resources lifecycle like onboarding, performance, compensation, etc.
  • The functionality of the system definitely needs to be improved. For example, just from looking at Saba Cloud it looks like it is a more well-rounded system that is more modern than Halogen is.
  • The learning curve of Halogen is one of the cons of the system. Anytime we have someone come onboard with our HR team, it takes a long time for someone to become comfortable with the system.
  • Customer Service should be easy to be reached. Chat features, more responsiveness from Client Success Managers, etc.
It is well-suited because it has a lot of different processes, forms, and competencies that can be used. However, the functionality of the system is very old and it should be more modernized.
Read Jenise Brown's full review
April 17, 2018
Eric Bryant, PHR | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Halogen across the entire organization for Job Descriptions, eLearning, and appraisals. We use it to record feedback, provide an easy-to-use platform for administering our review process, and also as a vehicle for tracking compliance for annual required education and tracking/monitoring certifications for the BOH. Recently we have updated our job descriptions in Halogen, and hope to use that information to help develop succession plans which will allow us to be more strategic in the way we approach training and development.
  • Halogen is very customizable and it allows for the possibility of utilizing processes in creative ways.
  • I like the integration of feedback with appraisal processes.
  • Halogen also allows for creating development plans that leverage many of its components.
  • I would like to see the eLearning platform be more robust and user-friendly.
  • I would like to see other types of processes available.
  • It would be great to be able to categorize the documents import area.
I think it's a good platform for tracking and monitoring goals, feedback, and development. We don't use the 1:1 meeting feature, however, I can see how that would be valuable for many organizations. I do like that it is very customizable, however, that also presents problems in that sometimes forms and/or processes can be a bit challenging to create easily and quickly.
Read Eric Bryant, PHR's full review
Bonnie Van Epps | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our entire company uses Halogen TalentSpace. We implemented the solution to provide an easy transition from annual Performance Review feedback to regular coaching, goal-focused conversations between managers and their employees on a monthly basis. Halogen allows managers and employees to easily track goals, feedback, development, and other important conversations in one place that can be easily accessed and referenced.
  • 1:1 agendas are easy to create, add comments to and prompt excellent conversation flow on the topics that truly matter to the manager and the employee.
  • The system can be easily customized to reflect your company's language and culture. We did this in several areas of the platform (goals, development, learning), and it made a world of difference in the understanding and adaptation of our users. One example is that in each learning module, we added 3 questions in the course description so that managers would be automatically prompted to ask to follow up / learning transfer questions when their employees enroll and take a learning course.
  • Halogen support is outstanding. Any question I have had has been answered upon the first contact or within 24 hours.
  • The e-appraisal processes can be tricky to create and navigate on the admin side. I find that testing each process using the test users that Halogen provides within the system is critical to ensuring the process and the form is operating as I intended it to prior to releasing a process to our organization.
  • The succession module works backward from how we currently approach our succession/Talking Talent process and unfortunately it's not customizable to be able to accommodate our process. This was disappointing to hear and therefore we are not currently using this module to its full capacity.
Halogen has been transformative for us in how we approach the manager and employee performance conversations, goal setting and feedback. The 1:1 module and performance processes have provided an incredible platform for tracking, reporting and standardizing the way our company approaches these performance areas while still allowing flexibility for the manager and employee. The system worked so well for us because we did not have a process in place and our implementation team was able to help us create our process for this using the system capabilities.
Read Bonnie Van Epps's full review
L Bednar, Learning and Development Guru | TrustRadius Reviewer
My company uses Halogen companywide. We use if for talent recruitment, orientation, performance review, and coaching. I find the modules user-friendly, easy to manage and use. Our managers are especially pleased with the product because it makes performance management and coaching an easy process. They like having the ability to keep all records in one place.
  • The coaching piece is great because we personalize it with our values and branding.
  • We have customized the feedback piece with our own visuals and branding. It makes it easy for our managers to give and track feedback.
  • We use if for onboarding pieces. I like that it sends automatic reminders.
  • I think the ability to track training other than e-Learning would be a huge improvement
  • I would like the ability to customize some of the training trackings
I like the Halogen platform. It is easily customizable and easy to use for the most part. I like the ability to track things and the automated messages. My favorite thing about Halogen is the performance management piece. I like that it is so varied and that our managers can learn to use it without a lot of training. I would like to see the recruitment management piece become easier to use. It is a little clunky.
Read L Bednar, Learning and Development Guru's full review
April 24, 2018
Jennifer Vedrani | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use the system for onboarding and learning and have been very fond of the 1:1 module as well.
  • 1:1 is fantastic
  • Learning content is easy to upload and manage.
  • The performance module is great, but it can be challenging to train on.
  • 1:1s are very functional
  • Feedback can be great - we use it to deliver training snippets.
Read Jennifer Vedrani's full review
April 20, 2018
Sandra Neal | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Halogen company-wide for annual performance appraisals. It documents our employees' progress from one year to the next and helps supervisors incorporate peer feedback into their employees' reviews.
  • As an administrator of our processes, I love Halogen's support team. I call on them often leading up to and during a process. In the rare case that they can't resolve my problem right away, they work on it quickly to get back to me with a solution.
  • Halogen has a robust feature set and is highly customizable. It can be overwhelming to a process administrator the first time through (if the process is complex), but it's nice to know the platform can do just about anything I ask of it.
  • The user interface has gotten a lot nicer in the past few versions. That's important as our users are shifting more toward mobile devices.
  • The flip side of such a robust platform is learning curve for administrators. If you have a complex process, it can take many hours and mistakes for the process to get set up just right and executed smoothly. If the organization isn't patient, or if the administrator can't focus on running a complex process, it may be hard to maximize the investment from the people side.
Halogen is great if you need to run a complex process, get multi-rater feedback, and/or collect succession information from managers. Like any tool, it will NOT solve your people/culture problems. If your people don't like the current appraisal process, don't feel like they get good feedback from their managers, etc... address these BEFORE adding Halogen to the mix.
Read Sandra Neal's full review
April 12, 2018
Abby Steele | TrustRadius Reviewer
Halogen Talent Space is used by the entire company as the main source of performance appraisals and feedback between management and employees. Using the software uniformly allows for greater tracking and reporting ability on the progress of each step in the appraisal process. We are currently trying to implement additional functionality of Halogen Talent Space, including the job description builder and the competency library.
  • The tracking aspect of determining what status a performance appraisal is in for each employee is very useful.
  • The ability for anyone in the organization to provide feedback to another co-worker using the Feedback Central Halogen link in Outlook is truly great.
  • It is also nice, from the administrator side, to be able to set up a New Years evaluation process for every employee and know that the process will be tracked and started based on the time frame that we have established upfront.
  • The navigation from the administrator side is not the most intuitive feature. Some of the programming is very different from other similar software suites that have been used in the past, there is a great learning curve.
  • I wish there were greater connectivity capabilities between Halogen Talent Space and our HRIS system. It would make data integration much less work, and easier to do throughout the year when we add staff to our headcount.
When there are large enough companies to where manually tracking performance evaluations is no longer possible, Halogen Talent Space offers a pretty remarkable solution. Also, I think the system does a great job of aligning the appraisal process for all of our managers, even though some of them are in very different and varied roles.
Read Abby Steele's full review
Melanie Griffin | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are currently using Halogen throughout our whole organization. We are a library system with eleven locations across our county, and everyone uses Halogen for at least one process per year, in our annual appraisal process. Everyone is added into Halogen in their first week as an employee, and we encourage individual usage of it as much as the user finds useful, which varies widely across our jobs. It mainly addresses our appraisal and pay for performance raise system as implemented at the end of each year. We are also using it for our executive director's annual assessment and bonus discussions.
  • Halogen TalentSpace is great for individual tracking of performance. You can add goals directly to the profile, add documents such as emails, and update anything at any time. That is super helpful.
  • Halogen TalentSpace is also super useful for performance tracking on an HR level. We apply raises that depend on annual review scores each year, so to have all those scores in one place in the same process is a lifesaver. We also love how easy the reporting aspect is.
  • Halogen TalentSpace has gotten noticeably easier for our employees to use from year to year. We have a lot of employees who have been with us for decades and were used to our old paper process and so were reluctant to move to an electronic process. But Halogen is easy to both teach and tweak every year so we can get everybody comfortable with us, and we've had a noticeable drop in technical issues calls (to our office for internal help) over the past five years.
  • I am sticking with the old view of reports for Halogen TalentSpace because although the new view gives you more details, it's hard to set up so that you see exactly what you need to.
  • I wish I could adjust the wording/coding more on the admin side because some of the labels Halogen uses for sections are different than what we use but I can't change them and that is sometimes confusing to users, especially supervisors.
  • Nobody really likes the updated home page view, including myself, because it adds extraneous information but hides details that used to be available with a quick glance.
It's very appropriate and well suited for talent management processes. We use it for our probationary processes - our employees go through three in their first six months, and it's very easy to move them through the processes. I appreciate the options of either a rolling process based on anniversary dates or a scheduled annual timeframe. We use both, and both work well. The annual process is our best utilization for TalentSpace, because I can see everybody's progress, pull reports on scores, and adjust managers/employees as we go along. The 360 module is also great for our executive director's appraisal process because we had been trying to find a way to pull together all her raters' answers for years and this makes it really easy.
Read Melanie Griffin's full review
April 09, 2018
Ashley O'Roark | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Halogen Software as a performance management solution throughout the campus. This has helped us track and ensure that performance appraisals are being completed throughout the organization.
  • Customization. Halogen can be configured to the needs of our organization.
  • Training. The training provided by Halogen on the software and soft skills need to successfully use the software is exceptional.
  • Ease of Use. The software is extremely user friendly even for those who are not computer savvy.
This software can be used in many different scenarios: performance appraisals, new employee checklists, employee surveys, etc.
Read Ashley O'Roark's full review
April 17, 2018
Nicole Waterbury | TrustRadius Reviewer
Across our Organization as its performance management tool. We also use Halogen to create and store our job descriptions. We implemented Halogen based on feedback from a culture survey taken by our team members to gain more feedback about their performance. Previous to Halogen, we did not have a formalized process or system in place to capture performance.
  • Their Support Team is amazing
  • They offer a wide variety of modules
  • Performance management is their niche
  • I think an updated reporting tool would be beneficial
  • How Saba can help more of the mid to lower size companies
Performance management is their niche. I think Halogen could benefit from Saba to increase their functionality experience and knowledge in other modules like compensation, learning management.
Read Nicole Waterbury's full review
April 16, 2018
Gurinder Kaur CHRP, MBA (Pursuing CHRL) | TrustRadius Reviewer
Streamlining our performance management process.
  • It's customizable
  • Support is readily available if you are stuck at a process
  • Great training provided
  • More training for administrators as this product is very extensive
  • Users need to have basic knowledge of HTML knowledge
Halogen is very customizable but needs full focus to achieve the desired result. It's definitely helpful to have a dedicated resource to manage this product in your organization.
Read Gurinder Kaur CHRP, MBA (Pursuing CHRL)'s full review
April 12, 2018
Dan Hamann, SPHR, SHRM-SCP | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Halogen throughout the majority of our firm to assist with performance evaluations and goal setting processes.
  • First and foremost, the support is outstanding.
  • Halogen maintains a great audit trail within the software that tracks each process and individual interaction.
  • Halogen listens to their customers. Unique requests or concerns are helpful in forward thinking and the continual evolution of the product.
  • I am always looking to see more functionality for professional services clients. Tremendous changes in the last few upgrades that address multiple managers rather than just direct-line reporting.
We have not regretted moving to Halogen and continue to enjoy the benefits. We came from paper processes and the integration team made things very easy. I highly recommend it to those wanting to automate their performance evaluation, goal setting, etc.
Read Dan Hamann, SPHR, SHRM-SCP's full review
April 11, 2018
Dedra Ambriz | TrustRadius Reviewer
Halogen is used across the whole organization. It eliminated the need for home grown programs and added more flexibility for leaning needs.
  • Evaluations
  • Online Job Description Library
  • Learning
  • Job Description Builder
  • Initial implementation
  • Reports
Allows us to develop evolutions based on the job descriptions, which helps with consistency.
Read Dedra Ambriz's full review
July 15, 2016
Karen Blalock | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our organization implemented Halogen across the organization 2 years ago. Halogen allows us to address development issues, Succession issues, form consistency issues, and provides one central location to store the data.
  • Halogen makes it easy to connect with your employees around Goals and Development plans. As a Leader, you are able to enter and/or assign Development Activities whether it is an external activity or a Learning Activity that has been setup in Halogen.
  • Halogen allows you to give and receive feedback, which is a crucial component to Development. By utilizing Feedback Central you can easily attach these items received throughout the year to any Evaluation process that you have created ... eliminating the need to re-type!
  • Halogen's Learning Module allows you to purchase of variety of e-Learning content and assign these course to specific competencies within your organization. You can also create Instructor Led Learning Activities and have employees Enroll.
  • Learning Paths are another great way to get everyone within a department or the organization on the same training page (New Employees, Department Specific, etc.) Learning Paths are various Learning Activities that you group together and can assign to individual employees or entire groups. You can add prerequisites, documentation, url's, or SCORM compliant data to test th knowledge of your employee once they have completed the course.
  • When creating Evaluation Processes the limitations around the number of Goals that will push over to the form can be frustrating to some departments/positions. Only the first 10 will automatically come over.
  • The ability to attach any Documents that you have saved within Halogen should have a way to link to any Feedback that is entered in through Feedback Central.
  • The file size of and media that is attached to a Learning Activity or Path could be increased to accommodate more elaborate videos/presentations.
I love the benefits of Succession Planning that Halogen provides. The succession questions appear at the bottom of your evaluation processes and really takes the guess work on your high potentials, low performers and those who are approaching retirement.
The support staff is knowledgeable, prompt and very transparent as far as if the answer or solution is unknown they will research and reply back quickly. Always friendly and courteous each and every time that I call. Hold times a short ... when you don't reach a live person immediately.
Read Karen Blalock's full review

New hire portal (6)
Manager tracking tools (8)
Compliance tracking and reporting (1)
Corporate goal setting (28)
4.2
Subordinate goal setting (28)
4.5
Individual goal setting (32)
Line-of sight-visibility (29)
4.8
Performance tracking (32)
Performance plans (28)
5.8
Plan weighting (5)
Manager note taking (12)
6.6
Performance improvement plans (25)
4.5
Review status tracking (30)
6.2
Rater nomination workflow (5)
Review reminders (32)
Workflow restrictions (5)
Multiple review frequency (24)
Reporting (30)
3.1
Create succession plans/pools (3)
Candidate ranking (3)
Candidate search (4)
Candidate development (4)

What is Saba TalentSpace (formerly Halogen)?

Saba offers an organically built cloud-based talent management suite — Saba TalentSpace™ — that promises to reinforce and drive higher employee performance across all talent programs — whether that is recruiting, performance management, learning and development, succession planning or compensation.

TalentSpace provides end-to-end, fully integrated applications that were designed to organically support optimal employee performance. The vendor says each module works together to streamline talent management operations, while also aligning a company's workforce with their business strategy. The software offers industry-specific solutions to address the unique requirements and challenges of mid-size companies in healthcare, professional services, manufacturing, the public sector and more.

Fully featured, TalentSpace is a comprehensive performance management software offering a consistent and user-friendly interface. The vendor says its powerful, yet simple-to-use solutions are used by organizations that want to build a world-class workforce that is aligned, inspired and focused on delivering exceptional results.

Saba TalentSpace (formerly Halogen) Features

Has featureReview status tracking
Has featureReview reminders
Has featureMultiple review frequency
Has featureReporting
Has featureInstant, social feedback and recognition: Use Feedback Central™ to capture in-the-moment coaching tips, feedback and recognition from managers, peers, HR teams. Convert emails into feedback entries and share feedback anytime, anywhere using your mobile phone or tablet.
Has featureDetailed employee appraisals: Managers have quick fingertip access to all the information they need — from feedback, results from self-evaluations, multirater assessments and past appraisals, talent profiles, employee goals and development plans, to Halogen 1:1 Exchange™ meeting minutes. TalentSpace Performance comes with nearly 5,000 preconfigured performance comments and coaching tips to modify, or you can create your own.
Has featureCompetency management: Easily evaluate your employees' demonstration of key competencies, build your competitive advantage and help define your culture — your way. Use our extensive competency library (which includes Lean competencies), yours, or one of the third-party libraries available with TalentSpace Performance.
Has featureGoal management: With TalentSpace, link individual goals to the organizational goals they support, so employees have 20/20 vision into the value and relevance of their work. Then easily track and communicate progress on goals at every level
Has featureCareer and development planning: Create career and professional development plans as part of your employee performance management process whenever you identify a learning need. Tie development plans and activities directly to competencies, for greater context, or set them independently to support career aspirations and/or goal performance.
Has featureReal-time reporting: You can also pinpoint the status of every appraisal, track progress on goals, identify development needs across the organization, compare and calibrate performance ratings, identify top performers and those at risk, and more.

Saba TalentSpace (formerly Halogen) Screenshots

Saba TalentSpace (formerly Halogen) Videos (4)

Saba TalentSpace (formerly Halogen) Downloadables