Overall Satisfaction with DigitalPersona
We use DigitalPersona for our law enforcement agencies. We are able to leverage multiple forms of authentication, which, allows our end-users to pick which combination of authenticators work best for their individual preference. The software fully integrates with Active Directory and has the capability to automatically generate and store strong alphanumeric passwords. This takes the frustration out of requiring end-users to keep track of their changed passwords for those that choose this option. The implementation process was relatively painless and we had the option to have someone come on-site or assist remotely. We chose the latter. Support has been responsive and helpful the few times that I've needed it.
- Integration with Active Directory. There is no need to maintain a separate users database.
- Ability to pick and choose authenticators. This allows flexibility for the end-user to pick what works best for them.
- Billing structure. Unlike other 2-factor authentication solutions, DigitalPersona is not a subscription based application.
- A solution for administrators to log in as other users when necessary. We are a 24/7 operation and will often have laptops left for us to troubleshoot from 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Bluetooth functionality is good but would be better if you didn't have to pair the device with each laptop before being able to use it.
- Password manager requires authentication even when the user declines to store a password.
As stated previously, the Active Directory integration was a big attracting feature. I really like not having to maintain a separate users database. Furthermore, the DigitalPersona software is easily distributed via group policy. There is also little to no learning curve if you are already familiar with Active Directory.
We are currently only using Digital Persona as it relates to Windows logon for our mobile fleet. We can use prox cards, biometrics as well as passwords as primary forms of authentication. This coupled with the use of our VPN provides our organization with a more secure environment for both our end-users as well as our administration.
- All other 2-factor authentication software we looked at were a subscription based platforms.
- The DigitalPersona staff was very efficient in the implantation process which allowed our staff to move on to other issues.
- The technical staff spends less time on account lockouts now since the end-user is now capable of resolving lockouts themselves.
- Imprivata OneSign and 2FA
There were 2 determining factors as to why we chose Digital Persona over Imprivata and 2FA. Digital Persona is a traditional purchase platform whereas the other two were subscription based platforms. The initial purchase price was greater with Digital Persona but the lower maintenance costs after year one make up the difference after 4 years. Secondly, we had more options and flexibility with the number of authenticators we can enable. This allows our end-users to pick the ones that work best for them.
DigitalPersona has allowed us to offer a user-friendly 2-factor authentication solution while simultaneously providing a more secure environment for our mobile users. It is flexible in that I can decide to only allow a couple authenticators or open it up to allow many. It is not modular so you have access to all of the authentication methods without any additional cost.