Overall Satisfaction with Discourse
Discourse is the core platform that we use for our online Community. It is the main area where our 1100+ members communicate on a daily basis and provides us with a reliable, easy-to-use, highly customizable experience for our members.
- It is a super-easy way for members to have online discussions
- Very easy to administer and moderate discussions
- The pricing is fair and the support is top-notch
- I'd like a more robust plugin community to easily add functionality that doesn't currently exist
- I'd love to see a live chat feature and more 'live' options like users online.
- Ability to define groups and have private categories
- Ability to import/export data via API
- Ability to see detailed metrics on the health of the community
- Since it is the core of our business, all of our success is because of Discourse!
- We are able to do almost everything we need without expensive custom development
Vanilla's mobile functionality was downright awful and it felt like it was stuck in the 2000s. While they have similar features, Discourse blows them away in almost every department. We don't regret switching at all.
Do you think Discourse delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Discourse's feature set?
Did Discourse live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Discourse go as expected?
Would you buy Discourse again?
[Discourse is by] far the best online forum platform in the industry. It may be a little pricey for people looking for a cheap option for their hobby forum, but for any type of business that relies on a forum, the pricing is more than fair.