October 30, 2019
Score 4 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Ecwid
Hi Alan, we are embarking on a new business venture that will run alongside our main company, and one of our appointed web developers proposed the use of Ecwid. The division is called ProAct-Retail and they will focus on the online retail market for various product lines intended to be sold across South Africa initially.
- Bulk Product Import works well.
- Product pages are easily updated.
- The available payment methods are relatively easy to configure.
- In my experience, there is an issue with Ecwid's ability to enable customization of our specific Shipping requirements. In South Africa, we have to be very mindful of the associated costs for online shoppers. We cannot do the required level of customization in Ecwid that we need to offer potential clients the best service and online shopping experience.
- The available store front design templates are very limited.
- I have had to move to another platform that will allow for customization of the shipping process together with our integrated shipping partner company in South Africa. (MDS Collivery).
- We have not been able to measure the ROI as of yet, as we cannot get out of the gate with customization required.
- It can be implemented quickly for basic online stores.
- Once the system is configured, ROI will dramatically go up.
Ecwid is well suited for clients that do not require further customization to the existing platform. We need more flexibility to configure the available options. Although one can use the basic design templates available, it's not sufficient.
Ecwid does also a plugin to WordPress, so this is quite a good option.