Emma is Ebullient!
January 14, 2019
Emma is Ebullient!
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Emma
We use Emma to keep in contact with our volunteers, campers, and donors through monthly marketing email updates. It addresses the problem of frequently touching base with our market group as well as having messaging match our branding, which is really important to us as an organization. It's mostly used by the Executive Director and Office Manager to design and send out our monthly updates.
- Templates are easy to use. This functionality makes it super simple to make newsletters that look professional.
- Managing the email lists is great. You can input email addresses easily.
- I love the Lightbox on our home page of our website that automatically funnels email signups into a new list.
- The categorization of email addresses is sometimes clumsy. I could potentially go in and recategorize, so that's not necessarily their issue, but it does have to be done individually as far as I can tell.
- I'm usually kind of confused by the rating of the email after its sent. We get mid-range results. I know that I could probably take a video course in order to figure out how to improve the emails to have a better rating.
- Sometimes our emails do go to Spam filters but not often.
- We've definitely gotten more back than we have put in on the purchase of Emma.
- The time investment of designing the newsletter is definitely worth it - it's a quick way of reaching thousands of our supporters.
- We have a non-profit rate, so it's a low investment for us and is a fantastic one.
I like Emma much better than MailChimp because of the flexibility and ease of the user interface. I used MailChimp for a previous position and I felt like the home page was definitely more cluttered and it had a clumsier navigation portal. I also think Emma's email design section is easier and more intuitive.
Emma is awesome for organizations who wish to communicate with their donors, volunteers, or general supporters with an easily customizable email platform. It's a platform that is suited for folks that don't necessarily have lots of experience with mobile email design - Emma makes that really easy for you. You can also upload a ton of photos for your newsletters and the storage is seemingly endless.