- We particularly love the flexibility of Kindful's donation pages and donation plug-ins. They make it possible for us to accept donations on our website, without having donors have to leave the website.
- Kindful effectively streamlines back-office functions including acknowledgements for gifts - which saves our small 2-person team vital hours each week.
- Kindful integrates to a variety of valuable platforms, allowing us to manage all of our data in one place. Currently, we integrate with MailChimp [so all email recipients are segmented in Kindful, emails are sent from MailChimp], Fundraising Report Card, and several custom integrations through Kindful's open API [including one that tracks volunteer events and another that connects to CauseVox].
- Kindful's basic metrics and "dashboard" give us instant access to live fundraising results that are shown against historical information - giving us the ability to see how we're doing at all times.
- While Kindful is the best at tracking and showing us what interactions have happened in the past with our constituents, it leaves a lot to be desired in terms of planning next actions for major gifts fundraising. There is some basic functionality, but we have resorted to planning future actions outside of Kindful and entering them into Kindful as they occur.
- The "households" in Kindful can be a challenge, which goes hand-in-hand with the challenges with soft-credits. You can show these things, but when reporting, there can be errors since Kindful treats a "transaction" differently than a "credit. So if I ask for a list of donors whose largest gift is over $1,000 - It can miss people who give through Donor Advised Funds. But since it will generally pull in the donor advised fund, I can usually extrapolate and find the missing records.
- The "Organization" accounts in Kindful could be more robust. But since Kindful offers "Custom Fields" - that can be used to pull reports - we've been able to work around this.
- Kindful does include a peer-to-peer fundraising tool, but these are very basic and we ended up using a different tool to do our peer-to-peer. That being said, we still use that open API to bring all of that information into Kindful... which works wonderfully!
- Great at managing recurring donations
- Accurate reports of lifetime giving
- Auto-generates lists of LYBUNT donors for annual campaigns
- Sometimes I'm concerned with the accuracy of the lifetime donor amounts.
- It's expensive ($500 annually) which may deter some other non-profits.
- I'd like to be able to email a specific group of donors within the interface.
Kindful Scorecard Summary
Kindful aims to help nonprofit organizations across the world fundraise more effectively. Kindful includes fundraising tools, reporting, and analytics all in one CRM.
All plans include: unlimited admin users, unlimited donation pages with peer-to-peer fundraising, built-in integrations, and automated reporting. Pricing also includes comprehensive web-based training upon signup and ongoing online support at no additional cost.
Kindful Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Kindful Technical Details