Reviews (1-3 of 3)
May 24, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
Our organization uses Kindful as a CRM system to manage our donor database to record donations, gifts, and pledges. Kindful is used by our fundraising department and the system works really well to manage our day to day donor's affairs and donations and outreach program.
- Kindful integrates with other apps such as Stripe payment system, among other payment apps, that allows the organization to easily collect donations and pledges from donors.
- Kindful has the ability to be linked to your company website using your company's logo in order to accept donations and maintain your donor database
- Kindful platform integrates with many different apps that allow the user to add useful apps such as reporting and donor mailing apps.
- The system performs very well with minimum interruption of service.
- The system collects and organizes the donor's data really well especially in terms of donor follow-ups, which helps the organization keep nourishing the relationship with its major donors.
- Kindful needs to improve its filtering features. The system provides so many filtering options that at times it is too confusing. Make the filtering option user-friendly and simple.
- The system doesn't stop refunds. If you click refund by accident, then there is no way to go back and undo it. It seems that this can be fixed.
- I wish the team at Kindful would work on creative charts, bars and other forms of financial reporting on progress and other useful resources that organizations can use to optimize the fundraising department. There are apps that can do this and integrate with Kindful, but in my humble opinion, Kindful should own this part. It also creates a burden on the organization who needs to pay more for these apps, and sometimes when you integrate the app with Kindful, the platform doesn't look as user-friendly as it was before integration.
- Last but not least, I wish Kindful could work with the Stripe app team to also allow the organization to show the fee charges per transactions. At the moment, the system only shows the total donated amount which is fine, but having a filtering option to see fees charges would be a nice thing to have.
Read this authenticated review
Compared to other CRM systems such as DonorSnap, Raiser's Edge etc, I believe Kindful does a better job at managing the donor database and is easier to use. It also maintains the relevant donor information as long as you're able to input the information in a timely manner. The system allows you to quickly generate the information you need about that donor and the history allows you to continue the conversation in a very detailed and user-friendly way.
December 10, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
Kindful is used by all of our staff to navigate, manage, and engage our donors. Kindful really has made it so much easier to manage our donors, automatic donations, donor profiles, and incoming funds. We use Kindful to know how much funding we will get for our monthly auto-pay donors as well as manual single-time donors.
- Great at managing recurring donations
- Accurate reports of lifetime giving
- Auto-generates lists of LYBUNT donors for annual campaigns
- Sometimes I'm concerned with the accuracy of the lifetime donor amounts.
- It's expensive ($500 annually) which may deter some other non-profits.
- I'd like to be able to email a specific group of donors within the interface.
Read this authenticated review
Kindful is great for managing large groups of donor information. When we inputted our previous donor database information, it didn't necessarily grab it all very easily, but we did have years of donor information so it was a big task. Kindful would be great for newer organizations because it would automatically be accurate with donor information.
September 11, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
Kindful is our CRM for fundraising, outreach, volunteers and event registrants. Its primary use is for fundraising to securely accept online donations, track all donors, and acknowledge donors. We use it across all departments and it effectively streamlines many back-office functions for our organization.
- We particularly love the flexibility of Kindful's donation pages and donation plug-ins. They make it possible for us to accept donations on our website, without having donors have to leave the website.
- Kindful effectively streamlines back-office functions including acknowledgements for gifts - which saves our small 2-person team vital hours each week.
- Kindful integrates to a variety of valuable platforms, allowing us to manage all of our data in one place. Currently, we integrate with MailChimp [so all email recipients are segmented in Kindful, emails are sent from MailChimp], Fundraising Report Card, and several custom integrations through Kindful's open API [including one that tracks volunteer events and another that connects to CauseVox].
- Kindful's basic metrics and "dashboard" give us instant access to live fundraising results that are shown against historical information - giving us the ability to see how we're doing at all times.
- While Kindful is the best at tracking and showing us what interactions have happened in the past with our constituents, it leaves a lot to be desired in terms of planning next actions for major gifts fundraising. There is some basic functionality, but we have resorted to planning future actions outside of Kindful and entering them into Kindful as they occur.
- The "households" in Kindful can be a challenge, which goes hand-in-hand with the challenges with soft-credits. You can show these things, but when reporting, there can be errors since Kindful treats a "transaction" differently than a "credit. So if I ask for a list of donors whose largest gift is over $1,000 - It can miss people who give through Donor Advised Funds. But since it will generally pull in the donor advised fund, I can usually extrapolate and find the missing records.
- The "Organization" accounts in Kindful could be more robust. But since Kindful offers "Custom Fields" - that can be used to pull reports - we've been able to work around this.
- Kindful does include a peer-to-peer fundraising tool, but these are very basic and we ended up using a different tool to do our peer-to-peer. That being said, we still use that open API to bring all of that information into Kindful... which works wonderfully!
Read Amanda Mulder's full review
If your primary goals are: the ability to accept online donations [best/easiest to use donation form I've seen], acknowledge donors, and keep constituent data in one location - and you're willing to look for integrated solutions for other specific uses based on your needs - Kindful is for you. Bonus: Pricing for Kindful makes it easy to find the budget for other integrated solutions... because even if it doesn't do it all - it is still really inexpensive for what it does accomplish.
Kindful Scorecard Summary
Kindful aims to help nonprofit organizations across the world fundraise more effectively. Kindful includes fundraising tools, reporting, and analytics all in one CRM.
Categories: Nonprofit CRM
Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
Entry-level set up fee?No
All plans include: unlimited admin users, unlimited donation pages with peer-to-peer fundraising, built-in integrations, and automated reporting. Pricing also includes comprehensive web-based training upon signup and ongoing online support at no additional cost.
Kindful Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Kindful Technical Details