June 17, 2014
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Expensify
Expensify is CrossCountry’s web-based expense reporting and tracking system. By subscribing to a corporate account, we are able to integrate Expensify and Quickbooks. Here is how the system works: every reimbursable expense in submitted into Expensify. Once approved by managers, expenses are exported into Quickbooks. Our entire company uses Expensify.
- User-friendly interface - Expensify is very easy to use and very intuitive.
- The ability to connect to QuickBooks - This is one of the main reasons why many small and medium sized companies use Expensify
- Great customer service - The Expensify team always gets back to you in less than 24 hours and they are very polite and helpful
- Improve the Expensify App - The app is very slow and it sometimes doesn't work when trying to attach receipts.
- Technical issues - Many times the website doesn't work properly and sometimes it takes quite a long while for the problems to get solved. Here are some examples of technical problems which affected me: inability to open reports (solved in two days), inability to export reports to Quickbooks (solved in one day), receiving random email reminders about approving old reports which were already approved (solved in two weeks).
- Increased employee efficiency - Employees can submit their expense reports in a matter of minutes
- Employee satisfaction - Employees are satisfied with Expensify
Very similar to Expensify in terms of functionality, Xpenditure is a solid product, one of the best in terms of expense tracking and reporting. However, I think Expensify has a better interface (more intuitive). Also, this might be a minor detail but I love the rotating pictures Expensify has one on its log-in page.
Our company will use Expensify for as long as it will fit our purposes. However, it is obvious that once the fast-growing company will reach a certain size, we will need to transition to a more complex system. For our current purposes however, Expensify is great and I would recommend it to everyone.
Expensify works well with smaller companies which do not have an immense volume of transactions coming through. The key questions which must be asked during the selection process should be related to the size of the company (number of employees), and the potential volume of reimbursable transactions which will be submitted.