Expensify for your money

March 05, 2020
The entire organization is using Expensify. We use it to log any reimbursements we need as well as things the company has decided to cover …

Expensify is easy to use!

February 11, 2020
My company uses Expensify to manage most employee expenses that we submit manually. Exceptions include ordering from shared business …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Expensify, and make your voice heard!

Track

Per Month (Free for 25 SmartScans per Month)

Per Month (Free for 25 SmartScans per Month)

Collect

$5

Per User Per Month with Expensify Card with Pay-Per-Use Price of $10 per User per Month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://use.expensify.com/priciing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $5 per month

What is Expensify?

Expensify enables users to manage expenses, pay bills, send invoices, and book travel. Supports unlimited receipt scanning and mileage tracking to next-day reimbursement, to automate preaccounting systems.

- Unlimited receipt scanning: Snap a photo of any receipt and Expensify 's SmartScan technology captures the details. Also, the Expensify Card can be used to replace receipts.

- Expense management: Expensify codes and submits business expenses for approval, next-day reimbursement, and automatic sync with accounting software.

- The Expensify Card: Swipe the Expensify card to automate expenses.

- Bill payment: Expensify captures details from vendor bills for automatic approval and payment.

- Invoicing: Create and send invoices, while collecting payments and syncing automatically to accounting software.

- Travel booking: Concierge books flights, hotels, and cars for the user in a chat.

Expensify Video

Expensify Integrations

Expensify Competitors

Expensify Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web

Expensify starts at $5.

Emburse Nexonia, Concur Travel and Expense, and Emburse Certify are common alternatives for Expensify.

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.6.

The most common users of Expensify are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

I've used NetSuite to reimburse employees for expense reports and other manual processes, i.e., spreadsheets or printed reports with paper receipts stapled. I didn't select Expensify as our solution, but it seems good enough.
I find Expensify easier to use than Avaza and Concur. With Expensify I like the user interface, and you only need to click on expenses or start a new report and you can start adding expenses. Avaza is more of a timesheet tool, where you select projects you are working on and enter hours. You can submit hours on Expensify and don't need to make as many selections, although Avaza allows administrators to add more details. I like Concur because it allows you to book travel as well, and I like the interface but from my understanding, it is more expensive.
I prefer Expensify to Concur because Expensify is so easy to use. Uploading receipts to the Expensify mobile app is extremely simple. Concur is more complicated, but that might be because of how my company configured our Concur instance (I often have difficulty coding/categorizing expenses with Concur).
I did not like Concur compared to Expensify. They may have made improvements since I used it over 4 years ago but it was very difficult to import reports into Oracle and we had to a manual upload. It was also not very user friendly compared to Expensify and employees and admins had a lot of questions.
Both were very similar. I will say the one difference is that as far as hitting "submit" on your expense in Concur, it seems a bit more intuitive to know that you have submitted for reimbursement. I also had a mobile app where I have not downloaded the mobile app for Expensify, and I loved Concur's mobile app.
Vivian Okere | TrustRadius Reviewer
The only alternative is Concur, but I like Expensify better. The biggest reason is how quickly I'm able to include receipts within Expensify. There is an automated method and a manual method that I'm able to toggle between which makes it efficient. From what I remember, there wasn't a smart receipt reader embedded in the Concur Expense instance.
Kelsie Hamilton | TrustRadius Reviewer
Sadly, before Expensify, we weren't using anything!! We were submitting credit card statements, physical receipts, etc. Again, for those staff members like myself who travel internationally, doing our expense reports could easily take an entire day! Not a great use of time. When we started to look into programs, it was pretty clear Expensify was highly recommended so we chose this one.
The big difference between Expensify and Concur was the price. Concur was very expensive. Acumatic is something we use in-house, but Expensify saves us a lot of time and the interface is much better. Expensify just plain works and everyone loves it. We receive no complaints about it, and rarely have to reach out to support.
Expensify felt like a perfect consumer app that you pick up and start using. The mobile app was so good that I rarely cracked open my laptop for expense reports. Workday would start a conversation in our office about how it felt like we were back in the early 2000s doing expense reports on spreadsheets and taping on receipts.