Overall Satisfaction with Expensify
Expensify was the primary tool used to organize, submit, track and reimburse expenses incurred by the entire organization. Prior to the adoption of Expensify, the organization had a manual, Excel-based system of tracking expenses (the team had to fill out an excel spreadsheet, copy and attach all of their receipts, then email the entire file to someone on the finance team). Expensify was adopted by the entire organization (including a team of over 50+ independent contractors that incurred an average of $10,000 each month in reimbursable expenses) and simplified the process tremendously.
- Expensify is very easy to pick up and use. We had people at all different levels of technological expertise, but almost everyone picked it up very quickly.
- The customer service team at Expensify is very helpful and knowledgeable. They were very easy to access, and helped us during the entire implementation phase.
- Expensify works well with modern technology, and is very convenient. Most things can be done from the Expensify app, which is very helpful for an organization with a lot of travelers.
- We adopted Expensify when it was relatively new, so at the time, there were glitches occasionally in the software. This did improve as time went on, though.
- Our organization struggled with its limited customization options. Our organization was very unique, so there were a lot of areas where we wished we could have changed the functionality to fit our needs a bit better.
- Expensify cut down the time it took my organization to process and reimburse an expense report from 1 - 2 months to about 2 weeks.
- Expensify made it easier to verify and track expenses, leading to fewer mistakes and fewer over/under payments made.
- Expensify made the entire reimbursement process much more transparent, so everyone involved in the process was on the same page.
I believe that, while Expensify has a lower price point and is simpler to use, it does not encompass nearly the amount of functionality or customization of its competitors. Concur, for example, integrates with a lot more programs (Expedia, Priceline, etc.) a lot more seamlessly than Expensify. However, for our medium-sized company on a tight budget, it worked just fine and got the job done.
Overall, I would definitely recommend Expensify, espeically for small to medium organizations, and especially for organizations with members who travel a lot or are always on-the-go. Larger or less standard organizations may struggle with its limited customization options. The functionality continuously improved during my time using the software. All of the organizations' users believed the website to be easy to pick up and use. Customer service is top-notch.