Overall Satisfaction with Expensify
At Numerify, we use Expensify to log all expenses, from entertaining clients, to transportation, to travel related meals, and more. We also use a travel booking software, which has seamless integration with Expensify so that all of our airfare and hotel expenses automatically sync with Expensify, which makes it very convenient.
- Ease of use of the mobile app with push notifications that keep you updated on the status of your expense report(s).
- Direct integrations with travel booking software that automatically pulls those expenses into the Expensify app.
- The receipt reader that allows users to take a picture, and the data is extracted into Expensify.
- The receipt reader sometimes can't automatically put the expense in the correct category, as each company categorizes expenses differently.
- Sometimes you'll receive an error alert, but it doesn't specify why. This is usually related to your company admin's settings, however.
- If you accidentally press the + sign sometimes, it creates an additional report where you can't delete the report on the app and have to do it on the web page.
- I get my expenses reimbursed quickly.
- I am able to track how much I spend on various categories (i.e. travel vs entertainment vs meals).
- As an employee, I can't speak to the ROI as I am not the one reviewing reports, but I can imagine this saves our Finance Department a lot of time vs reviewing receipts manually.
Expensify is significantly better in my opinion, as the mobile app is much easier to use, and typically that is how you are tracking expenses on the road. I haven't used a competitor in a few years, but speaking to other working professionals, the general consensus I gather is that Expensify is the preferred tracking software for expenses.
It's very appropriate for employees where you incur several expenses. I can't think of a situation where it's not well suited for working professionals that have to track/submit expense reports. It's less appropriate for those that don't incur a lot of expenses, as it might be inconvenient for employees like that to have to submit a report for a dollar amount that is so small.