WORST PROGRAM AND SUPPORT EVER

Katie Beckett | TrustRadius Reviewer

Software Version

Team

Overall Satisfaction with Expensify

We set it up to make our lives easier to automate expense reports and track monthly expenses within the restaurant. This was intended to create less work for our management team and easier reporting and access to monthly expenses. This is NOT what we have received.

Pros

• I don't have anything to contribute here

Cons

• In my experience, we have had so many problems within only 3 months of using and still have no resolution despite reaching out to your "support" on a weekly basis. I feel support cannot be bothered to have more than a chat conversation despite continued complex issues that cannot be clearly communicated or resolved via text and require a phone conversation.
  • Keep getting "duplicate" transactions, one showing as a credit card and one as cash. No resolution from previously suggested actions from your "support" team
  • Transactions from a card that is not connected in Expensify are coming through onto a report despite us never integrating or connecting that card on purpose. No resolution for that despite numerous contacts with "support"
  • Negligence of stated features per the contract which I believe you have violated
  • Card transactions from 1 employee's card will show on a different employee's report as a cash transaction.
  • Accuracy in reporting
  • Ease of use
  • Time reduction
  • Ease of receiving support that solves problems and offers lasting solutions
  • Accessibility of support not only via email or chat
  • It has had a NEGATIVE impact. I am spending more time and energy than I was before when we were tracking it ourselves.
They have better support and better pricing. Fewer glitches

Do you think Expensify delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Expensify's feature set?

Did Expensify live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Expensify go as expected?

Would you buy Expensify again?

If I could give a ZERO I would, it only allows me to give a 1. At this point, I feel Expensify has made our lives HARDER not easier. In my experience, I spend more time trying to get solutions from your poor excuse for a support team who refuses to call me after I reached out numerous times for the same issues with no resolution. This is supposed to make things easier and allow us to spend less time on monthly expenses. I have to devote at least 3 hours per week to try and resolve these problems myself and am no further along. I believe Expensify is in violation of the contract we signed and we want OUT.

Comments

• Russ Spranger Sr. | TrustRadius Reviewer
    Don't try to get out of your Expensify contract. What they do is reset the contract expiration date each time you add a new credit card. So in a years time you can come up with 12 different expiration dates. The expiration never gets soonee, only farther out. A shadey way to run a business. As it looks I will have to wait till a year from now because we added a card in november. Wrong on so many levels. We had a connection problem with chase bank earlier this year and the support kept shifting the blame onto our bank. Magically it cleared up. I question their support team. Unfortunately I can't figure out a way out of this mess yet, but I will come up with something. I'm out of here.
  • Rachel Knapp, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
    Agreed, they are dishonest.