FullStory for the win!
October 29, 2019
FullStory for the win!
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with FullStory
It's used primarily by Analytics - but our Product Managers and Designers also rely on it quite heavily to understand specific interactions that users are making on our websites. It's used mainly to decide whether to augment or remove certain features - for example, if we know people aren't clicking on a particular CTA, we can get rid of it.
- Easily to deploy. It's just a snippet of code that doesn't need any tweaking.
- It's relatively easy to segment on links/buttons that users interact with, so you can hone in on certain features quickly.
- It has some good integrations with analytics tools (e.g. Mixpanel).
- The Interface isn't intuitive. If you've not used it for a while and come back, it's hard to get your head back into how the GUI works.
- The mobile session playback is poor (desktop is fine though).
- We get a few 'dead' sessions, where the web page is blank and the session ends really quickly after a second or two.
- It's helped up make decisions on what features to keep and get rid of.
- It has enabled the organization to get a bit more excited about analytics. Not a lot of number-crunching required!
- It's saved money on user testing.
FullStory is simpler to set up and use than some of the other more sophisticated (and expensive!) tools. It's also got a richer feature set than some of the freemium tools in the market. It's a nice 'middle man' in that sense. We wanted it because it was a nice easy way to get into session playback without having to spend exorbitant sums of money (there are a few pricing plan options).
I've never had to use their support, but their help articles are a little confusing. Sometimes the information is out-of-date or they return search results I didn't want. For example, I was looking for help on setting up FullStory in our Dev environment and got articles about their Dev Tool product.
Do you think FullStory delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with FullStory's feature set?
Did FullStory live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of FullStory go as expected?
Would you buy FullStory again?
If you're after a cheap session playback tool that doesn't require a lot of setups, then FullStory is a solid choice. It may not have the most user-friendly GUI around, but once you've got to grips with how to use it you can get to insights fast. Ideal for small-to-medium companies that don't have a lot of analytics nous and just want the 'why' rather than needing the 'what' or the 'how'.