The powerful tool that is Gainsighthttps://www.trustradius.com/customer-successGainsightUnspecified8.43611012017-10-27T21:11:48.082Z
Updated November 30, 2018
The powerful tool that is Gainsight
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Gainsight
We use Gainsight primarily in Customer Success, although this has begun to branch into opportunities in Tech Support, Field Services, and Education Services. Our primary business problems Gainsight addresses are as follows:
- Process automation
- Email automation
- Mass communications to current customers
- Deliverable organization & reporting
- Mass email automation. We have been able to better scale our business , while still engaging with customers, through the use of Gainsight.
- Process automation. I have been able to stay on top of our data and and efficiency goals via the use of Gainsight. We have also been able to add and improve some of our offerings via the capabilities of Gainsight.
- Documentation. They have improved in the volume of documentation recently, but the search-ability and usability is still lacking. I know the features are there, but it is sometimes difficult to understand how to use them.
- Product Usability. Again, like documentation, the product is immense. I just wish it was more naturally intuitive. I like to compare software to the Apple platform. They are the pinnacle of user-friendly. I think Gainsight could learn a lot about the simple, yet powerful, framework of software like Apple's.
I always receive help and timely responses. However, I don't always feel that the context of my questions or issues is understood. I think the team could go from very good to excellent if they were able to bridge the gap between technical product knowledge and recommended/popular customer workflows more effectively.
This is something of growing importance to us. Traditionally, this has not been something that we worried about, but our senior leaders have a growing interest. I feel that within the next year we will need to create and utilize processes to keep our executives aware of key accounts. I know that Gainsight has the tools to help us in this area.
- We have increased our on-time renewal percentage year-over-year through automated renewal outreaches and other processes. This has also increased efficiency of our renewals team.
- We started offering executive business reviews in 2017 and Gainsight has given us the tools to deliver. Early feedback from customers is immensely positive in this area.
- Our NPS survey implementation has offered us our first real, unfiltered feedback from customers. It also gave us a short list of advocates that we could leverage for our Marketing and Sales teams.
I honestly haven't done much research on other options, but I ave talked with reps from Bullhorn. I believe they are newer to Customer Success, but they had a unique offering that searched Outlook for all customers emails to your company's email server. This level of transparency would be amazing with a growing company. However, we ended up not pursuing this option due to technical limitations, cost, and no additional benefits.
We also connect Pendo and Amazon S3. These are new integrations for us, so we are still learning here. We also send Gainsight info to DOMO for some advanced dashboards (which works great)!
Anyone looking to scale their business to a growing customer base should use Gainsight. It's a needed tool to take the jump from manual to automated, while maintaining (or possibly improving) the value you give to your customers. We have seen immense improvements in our efficiency, proactiveness, and overall customer retention with the use of Gainsight.
Gainsight Feature Ratings
- Share internal data and customer information directly with customers
- Increase scale of accounts per CSM through automation
- Advanced automated onboarding
- Sales staff awareness
- Easy access to customer information via Slack
Gainsight is a highly integrated tool that allows us to make our business better. We feel that it is essential to the future of our business.
Evaluating Gainsight and Competitors
I was not part of the implantation (I took over later). However, based on what was passed to me, the tool was not well implemented at our org. I think this had to do with complexity, wrong person assigned in our org, and org buy-in. I think it would have been very successful if we had a better assignment process internally.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Yes - We have advanced workflows and I am impatient. Premium gets me a level that is in line with my needs as a user.
Gainsight has a practice of alerting me when a bug MAY have impacted my account. They proactively reach out and let me know about the situation and offer to investigate for me. No pressure or work on my end. Then they report back with the impact and we take action together. This is amazing and something I greatly value.
Gainsight is extremely powerful. That power creates complexity. At the point we are at now, we are comfortable with the tool and we get it. However, it is not easy to grasp at the get go. Even some new features take us time to understand. But as I said, the function and power of the tool are immense and that good outweighs anything that is too complex.
Like to use
Technical support not required
Feel confident using
Slow to learn