Calendly is appointment scheduling software from the company of the same name in Atlanta, Georgia.The best scheduling software availableAs a freelance consultant, I use Calendly for all my meetings. I also recommend it to all my clients, most of whom switch away from their current solution because Calendly is so comprehensive and competitively priced. I have created numerous appointment types (events) so I can share them with various segments to better structure my day around the type of work and meetings I want to batch. The custom notifications and reminder messages make follow up and confirmation that much more effective, reducing the rate of no-shows to essentially zero for me.,The ease of creating different appointment types allows me to perfectly tailor my availability to my preferred workflow. The integration with Google Calendar, Outlook and iCal make it very easy for users to add confirmed appointments to their calendars. The custom messages for confirmation and reminder notifications are great to automate follow up and reduce no-shows.,Being able to schedule group meetings would be the last feature to solve all my scheduling needs.,10,It has saved me countless hours of back and forth through email to find times for meetings. It has also saved me from having to follow up to remind people of our meetings and reduced my no-shows to essentially zero. I would estimate that it has increased the number of appointments I get by 20% since it's that much easier for prospects to find a time that works for them without having to go through the hassle of emailing back and forth or me chasing them to get on my calendar.,ScheduleOnce and TimeTrade,Hotjar, Droplr, Typeform, Todoist, Dialpad,1,1,Prospect appointment scheduling Client appointment scheduling,Creating numerous appointment types to tailor my availability to different contacts.,If they add a group scheduling function, that would solve all my scheduling needs!,10So lightweight, so easy.Scheduling meetings is annoying for all involved. We use Calendly to help our prospects book time on our calendars when it's convenient for them.,It's just plain easy to use. It took zero time to set up.,It's a simple product that does exactly what it's supposed to do.,10,I've closed deals that have been influenced by Calendly. It's so lightweight that it can't really have a negative impact.,DriftSetup meetings with prospects faster with CalendlyWe use Calendly in sales and marketing. We felt that rather than forms being filled out by prospects with the back and forth of "when are you available, can you meet tomorrow" we could simply have the client choose a time on the calendar of one of our consultants. The meeting invite is set up, the conference bridge information is shared and it removes any hesitation of meeting with a prospect. Usually, our prospects are very happy to work with us after the initial consult and so getting that initial consult is made far easier with something like Calendly which is easy to use and engage with on both sides.,the visual interface for clients is clutter free and easy to use. It's very clear on what days/times are available. Is sets up the calendar invite so that the appointment is "booked" on the clients calendar as well as the consultants. We've been able to include our conference bridge info so there's no mistake as to who calls who. The embed of the "click to schedule an appointment" widget on the website flows nicely with most of our pages. It looks like part of our page and not a plug-in that looks completely detached or separated. Eases the interaction between website visitors and our company. There are so many hurdles to getting qualified buyers that we love removing a couple of steps of the process so seamlessly.,I'd love some more color options for the widget.,10,We've reduced the number of folks that we lose during the scheduling process. We find that when someone books an appointment through Calendly that they are serious and ready to take a step forward. (lead quality is higher) It seems to give us added credibility, "you can speak to a real human" type of thing.,actuity,LessAccounting, Vonage, MailChimpPainless meeting scheduling and calendar management with CalendlyOur customer success department uses Calendly to make it much easier for our customers and prospects to schedule trainings and other significant meetings that are part of the customer lifecycle. We've found that it provides great flexibility to our customers for scheduling and canceling meetings that are convenient for them. It also is a great way to manage our calendars without having to think too hard, especially when factoring multiple team member calendars and time zones in.,Calendly does a great job in providing very flexible, detailed calendar event management for people who have strict stipulations around their schedules. It makes it easy for us to define rules of availability while still making it easy for customers to schedule meetings with us, or vice versa. Calendly also supports teams, which is perfect for our customer success team because we usually tag-team handling the same accounts and customers. They provide good round-robin or collective pooling options and let you define team events as opposed to individual user events. Their integration with Google calendar has been flawless so far. We really appreciate smooth integrations so that we don't have to do double-duty. They've also recently introduced a Google Chrome extension, which will further make things easier for us to schedule meetings with clients. One thing I have greatly appreciated that often goes unnoticed is the ease of subscription options and adding/removing users to the account. Some SaaS tools have made this particularly frustrating and hard to maneuver, but it's easy for us to add and remove team members since our team fluctuates sometimes, and know exactly what we will be charged with our subscription. One of the best things about Calendly is the link that you can share with anyone so that they can schedule with you - it's basically self-service for your customers so they have full control over their options, and is very scalable/automated.,We would really appreciate some more flexibility in branding with Calendly - that way we can customize our links to look more uniform with the rest of our software application/company style guide - fonts, colors, and graphics included. It would be cool if Calendly provided reporting/analytics for us to gauge how often different events are scheduled and when they are typically scheduled. While it's not always within Calendly's jurisdiction to make certain integrations with certain tools happen (we understand that both software app parties must cooperate together), we would prefer to have a Zoom integration with Calendly, as it is the meeting room app our company most frequently and highly uses.,9,Calendly has positively affected our customer success management, making us more efficient. We would be spending a lot of time on trying to figure out our team members' calendars and customers' calendars schedules to determine meeting times that work for everyone if we didn't have access to Calendly. Oftentimes our customers will be in several different locations all over the globe but all need the same meeting, so it really chops down on the 'back-and-forth' of emails by providing them meeting scheduler links they can use on their own. Calendly has also helped us eliminate extra time fleshing out details that are usually needed before meetings occur by providing ways to ask those questions when the event is scheduled. We really appreciate having this information prior to the meeting, and it makes it easier for our customers by automating the process.,Cirrus Insight,Zoom, Trello, Typeform, Microsoft YammerWorks great - Fewer missed appointmentsThe problem it solves is "phone tag" with clients. By scheduling appointments easily, through a link I provide in my emails, I rarely have missed appointments, know who is calling and why, and am better prepared for the call. I've used several calendar apps, and find this one easy to use.,Provides a URL to send to my prospects and clients Allows me to create multiple "Event types" with these unique URLs Easy to reschedule appointments,Not sure if the premium plan includes this or not but the ability to block times out so people can't schedule. I have to block those times on my Google calendar.,10,Frees up time Fewer 'missed appointments' Inexpensive- free version works well for the single user.,,PCRecruiter, HubSpot Sales, RingCentral
Calendly

Calendly Reviews

Calendly
Filter 59 vetted Calendly reviews and ratings
Joshua Long profile photo
August 28, 2018

Calendly Review: "The best scheduling software available"

• The ease of creating different appointment types allows me to perfectly tailor my availability to my preferred workflow.
  • The integration with Google Calendar, Outlook and iCal make it very easy for users to add confirmed appointments to their calendars.
  • The custom messages for confirmation and reminder notifications are great to automate follow up and reduce no-shows.
  • Being able to schedule group meetings would be the last feature to solve all my scheduling needs.
So far, I've found that it works great for all professional service providers and sales teams.

I haven't seen it used for on-site appointments, like medical providers or home service providers, but I'm sure it could handle those very well with their before and after appointment time buffering to factor in travel.
Read Joshua Long's full review
Jeff Bramhall profile photo
May 28, 2018

Calendly Review: "So lightweight, so easy."

• It's just plain easy to use.
  • It took zero time to set up.
  • It's a simple product that does exactly what it's supposed to do.
It's great to help a group of people set time to meet independently (widening a deal by introducing to the users).
Drift is better for having someone set a meeting for you.
Read Jeff Bramhall's full review
Shirin Elkoshairi profile photo
February 01, 2018

Review: "Setup meetings with prospects faster with Calendly"

• the visual interface for clients is clutter free and easy to use. It's very clear on what days/times are available.
  • Is sets up the calendar invite so that the appointment is "booked" on the clients calendar as well as the consultants. We've been able to include our conference bridge info so there's no mistake as to who calls who.
  • The embed of the "click to schedule an appointment" widget on the website flows nicely with most of our pages. It looks like part of our page and not a plug-in that looks completely detached or separated.
  • Eases the interaction between website visitors and our company. There are so many hurdles to getting qualified buyers that we love removing a couple of steps of the process so seamlessly.
  • I'd love some more color options for the widget.
I think for service appointments, prospective clients and anytime you'd like to ease the back and forth of scheduling an appointment, Calendly is the way to go. I also use it in my email signature so that anyone I speak to can simply get on my calendar by clicking the link. Since you can have a vast array of employees connected to it, you can use it for virtually anything.
Read Shirin Elkoshairi's full review
Bethany Chan profile photo
January 18, 2018

Review: "Painless meeting scheduling and calendar management with Calendly"

• Calendly does a great job in providing very flexible, detailed calendar event management for people who have strict stipulations around their schedules. It makes it easy for us to define rules of availability while still making it easy for customers to schedule meetings with us, or vice versa.
  • Calendly also supports teams, which is perfect for our customer success team because we usually tag-team handling the same accounts and customers. They provide good round-robin or collective pooling options and let you define team events as opposed to individual user events.
  • Their integration with Google calendar has been flawless so far. We really appreciate smooth integrations so that we don't have to do double-duty. They've also recently introduced a Google Chrome extension, which will further make things easier for us to schedule meetings with clients.
  • One thing I have greatly appreciated that often goes unnoticed is the ease of subscription options and adding/removing users to the account. Some SaaS tools have made this particularly frustrating and hard to maneuver, but it's easy for us to add and remove team members since our team fluctuates sometimes, and know exactly what we will be charged with our subscription.
  • One of the best things about Calendly is the link that you can share with anyone so that they can schedule with you - it's basically self-service for your customers so they have full control over their options, and is very scalable/automated.
  • We would really appreciate some more flexibility in branding with Calendly - that way we can customize our links to look more uniform with the rest of our software application/company style guide - fonts, colors, and graphics included.
  • It would be cool if Calendly provided reporting/analytics for us to gauge how often different events are scheduled and when they are typically scheduled.
  • While it's not always within Calendly's jurisdiction to make certain integrations with certain tools happen (we understand that both software app parties must cooperate together), we would prefer to have a Zoom integration with Calendly, as it is the meeting room app our company most frequently and highly uses.
Our customer success team typically likes to use Calendly as an open-ended training/support online meeting scheduler. That is, we send the customer a link to schedule their first software onboarding in our welcome email, so that the customer can figure out their own flexibility and availability and can often schedule their onboarding as soon as convenient. We also like to provide the link for repeated support calls that higher-touch enterprise customers want - they have quick access to be able to meet with us at shorter notice, and we can provide good engagement with them in that way without worrying about schedule conflicts.
Read Bethany Chan's full review
Paul Lipman profile photo
January 30, 2018

Calendly Review: "Works great - Fewer missed appointments"

I've used several calendar apps, and find this one easy to use.
  • Provides a URL to send to my prospects and clients
  • Allows me to create multiple "Event types" with these unique URLs
  • Easy to reschedule appointments
  • Not sure if the premium plan includes this or not but the ability to block times out so people can't schedule. I have to block those times on my Google calendar.
Very well suited for sending a link on your email or put on your website.
Read Paul Lipman's full review
Andy Lutz profile photo
December 18, 2017

User Review: "Make your life simpler with Calendly!"

We use Calendly primarily to schedule phone interviews, and massage time slots (!!!!). The whole company uses it at times. It's great, simple tool! It helps take away a lot of the back and forth typically associated with scheduling and calendar management. We love Calendly here at Segment and plan to continue using it for the foreseeable future!
  • Lets you reschedule or cancel meetings easily
  • Integrates well with Google Calendar
  • Keeps data and meeting times in central place for all attendees to see
  • It can be a bit too basic of a UI at times
  • Inability to create custom time slots
  • Some friction at login
It's great for booking and coordinating calls, coffee meetings, massage or other appointments, and simple calendar meetings. It's not really useful if you are trying to schedule a full interview panel or more than one meeting at once. It's a really clean interface and pretty simple, easy, and intuitive to use, so for that reason, I would recommend it to most.
Read Andy Lutz's full review
Stratford Canning profile photo
December 01, 2017

Calendly Review: "It is simple and free!!!"

We are using it in the Sales Development team and Marketing team to speed up and simplify the booking of prospect calls with leads.
  • The free version is perfectly good for an individual.
  • It’s easy to set up and most importantly easy for anyone to book time in your diary.
  • It has cool features like adding meeting buffers so you don’t get back to back meetings booked.
  • It’s not too branded meaning it’s not too confusing for prospects
  • It would be nice if there were team booking features in the free version.
  • It would be nice to be able to add your branding for free
It’s great for prospecting emails. So rather than having to back and forth with prospects to arrange a time to talk they can just book a time that works well for them while they are interested. It is less suited for particular prospects. I have had some people saying it’s lazy and they would rather I make more of an effort to book time with them. I don’t agree with them 🙂
Read Stratford Canning's full review
January 16, 2018

Calendly Review: "Super easy! Super fast for leads and clients"

We use Calendly to more easily schedule sales and demonstration meetings with current and prospective clients. We can always includes links on our website and software to allow clients to put time to talk on our calendars without ever having to reach out to schedule. It couldn't be easier. It really enables us to know when a lead is engaged and move people quickly through the pipeline.
  • Easy scheduling!
  • Fast Set up.
  • Syncs up with Outlook right away.
  • Tough to set up combination round robin with exceptions for teams.
  • Stronger integrations would be nice.
Great for sales teams scheduling demos and calls with leads.
Brandon Forrest profile photo
September 07, 2017

Review: "Calendly will get you organized, for free!"

Calendly is used to help us schedule appointments to our calendar through email. It is mainly used by our business development department.
  • The integration with my Google Calendar is seamless and reliable.
  • Calendly is fast and easy to use.
  • Calendly has been adding features at a rapid rate to improve user experience.
  • It would be nice to have more customization with the meeting booking screens.
  • It would be nice to have a white-labeled URL linked to my account.
  • I would also like the ability to upload video greetings into my meeting booking screens.
Calendly is perfect for the professional looking for a cost-free scheduler they can share with clients or prospects in email. It's less appropriate for embedded schedulers being placed on websites.
Read Brandon Forrest's full review
Christopher Fago profile photo
September 14, 2017

Calendly Review: "Say goodbye to email tag for scheduling calls, demos and much more!"

Calendly is being used by our entire organization to cut back on the ping pong of meetings. We use it to save time when booking intro meetings with prospects, meetings with current customers and as well as for interviews. The business problem it solves is the frequency of [answering the question] "when are you available?".
  • Integrates with Google calendar.
  • Integrates with multiple calendars.
  • Clean UI for booking meetings.
  • Sending out Reminder alerts 1 day before.
  • The ability to send just a one day link. When you send a one day link it oftentimes goes back to the full week.
It is suited for all Sales people, all internal meetings (1:1's, interviews, etc.)
Read Christopher Fago's full review
George Markou profile photo
October 05, 2016

Calendly Review: "Efficient and simple to use, but with room for improvement"

Calendly is being used by our sales, onboarding and customer success teams. It was selected as a tool that would allow grouping people across departments as well as booking individual appointments. It was also selected due to its round robin style of booking appointments. The fact that it integrated with some of the existing tools we used was a plus.
  • Booking appointments
  • Creation of various groups
  • Simple and intuitive interface
  • Native integrations with other software, namely GoToMeeting, Salesforce, etc (Zapier integrations do not offer extensive functionality).
  • Allow more branding/personalization.
  • ScheduleOnce is more feature rich.
All in all we are generally happy with Calendly. It allows booking to be made effiently; our main concern is that it does not integrate seamlessly with our GoToMeeting accounts, thus we have resulted in creating Google calendar events instead and create GoToMeeting events from there. ScheduleOnce on the other hand, is more feature rich and allows more native integrations, albeit with a less clean interface.
Read George Markou's full review