Calendly is appointment scheduling software from the company of the same name in Atlanta, Georgia.Calendly makes scheduling simple and efficientI started using Calendly this past year as a means of creating a CTA with people I wanted to speak with or meet with. I use it within emails as well as in my email signature. I also use my Calendly link as a CTA in custom videos that I create in Dubb. It's incredibly useful that it can be easily synced with my Google calendar and automatically update my schedule. Once I started using it I recommended it to my partner who began using it as well. It has served us very so far in allowing us to set up meetings passively by giving our contacts the opportunity to schedule a time to speak at a time that is convenient for them.,Calendly syncs instantly with my Google calendar. So not only do I automatically know when I have new appointments scheduled, but if I input a different event onto my google calendar Calendly knows that I'm not available at that time. The direct link that allows people to schedule a time slot with me is great. It makes scheduling simple and painless, and make sit easy for me to create a clickable CTA. I love that I can collect payments through the platforms either via Stripe or PayPal. both of which I use. It makes the platform more "all-in-one" and makes for a seamless experience.,The free version of Calendly limits the amount of event types you can make available. You can only have one even type. So if you choose a 15 minute meeting slot as your single event type and you want to schedule something for 30 or 45 minutes, the person scheduling with you has to schedule multiple consecutive time slots instead of one longer meeting period. I understand the need to limit features for those only using the free option though and so it's not necessarily unreasonable. It's pretty standard in SaaS platforms. This is a little nit-picky but the trial period to try out all features is only 14 days. It would be great if they could up that trial period to 30 days. It's a much more reasonable time frame to be able to get a handle on the platform and see if the paid options are necessary or not. It would be great if Calendly could sync up with more than one calendar at a time. If someone keeps different calendars (for example, one for home and one for work) or two different calendar platforms (for example, apple calendar and google calendar) it would be great if it were able to pull information from both calendars. If Calendly is already able to do this, I'm not aware of it.,10,I can say that Calendly has allowed me to schedule more phone calls than I used to in the past. It has gotten people on the phone with me way more than what I used to be able to do when requesting a phone conversation in an email. Calendly has also reduced the amount of time I need to spend scheduling meetings and phone calls. I no longer need to go back and forth with people. I can just leave the Calendly link for them to click on and they choose the time that works best. It cuts down on a lot of back and forth time. And as we all know, time is money. Internally, it has allowed us to schedule meetings with each other as well without needing to discuss available days and times. Simply clicking on my partner's link and scheduling myself in for 15 minutes makes it easy for us to know when we need to sit down and chat or go over things.,,Gusto, MailChimp, TaxJarSave Hours with CalendlyCalendly is being used by our customer success team for new customers to schedule their onboarding meetings with their success rep. This includes an initial call and then a training session, but we also use this for schedule one-off trainings with current customers. A custom link is sent out from each individual rep to their accounts they're working with.,They have a very clean and simple interface for the admin user as well as the person scheduling a time. You can customize how the scheduler determines open times. The customization is very well thought out and very flexible. If you upgrade to the paid version, you can set up several different meeting types which would be very valuable for teams with multiple users needing to schedule varying sessions.,From a design perspective, it would be nice to customize the look of their pages to match the admin's brand more. If you have open time slots in your calendar, it looks at sessions based on the hour and half hour rather than 15 minute increments. For example, if I was booked from 1:30-2 and 3-4 and asked to put a 15 minute cushion between meetings, 2:15-2:45 wouldn't show up in my scheduler however it would be a time that would work for me. I wish they had a bit more conditional logic built in when booking a time.,10,It's saved our team hours of scheduling meetings with customers throughout the week. It's allowed our customers to schedule times that work for their entire team well in advance and also let's them schedule with one of our team members in advance if that team member is out of the office. Their Chrome extension and email selector tool is so easy to use and reviews our calendars in real-time so we aren't double booked.,Assistant.to,UberConference, RingCentral, Zoom, GoToWebinar, Emma, MailChimp, Google Drive, Google Domains, Kindful, Eventbrite, Intercom, Zuora, Wistia, Assistant.to, Appcues, JIRA Software, Populr, Vimeo Pro, Employee Navigator, Evernote, Todoist, Groove, Slack, LastPass, Basecamp, Asana, Trello, Typeform, Gusto, Stripe, Fundraising Report Card, Shopify, Zapier, IFTTTThe perfect solution for all your scheduling woes!I work with clients that are located in different countries and, therefore, different time zones. So, setting up meetings was always an issue. There were time zone related problems in addition to the usual back and forth of trying to find common available time. I installed Calendly off the recommendation of a colleague. And boy has it completely changed the way I schedule meetings. It's a great tool. I just send the link to whoever I want to set up a meeting with and it automatically shows them when I am free in their local time. And I get a notification when someone books a meeting with me in my local time. Plus, it integrates with my Outlook so I don't have to worry about meeting conflicts. It is an absolutely amazing software that I now recommend to anyone who needs a better way to set up meetings.,Makes it really simple to schedule meetings even between different time zones. Integrates with Outlook. Solves the problem of back and forth emails trying to find a common free time slot. It is really easy to set up. The basic version is free and contains the full functionality you would need.,Some integrations are divided between two paid tiers. I would like simplified pricing.,10,Saved me time and effort by automating a chunk of the meeting/setup process. It has also made it easier to keep track of my meetings since it syncs with Outlook.,,PayPal Payments, Squarespace, TeamViewer, Zoom, DocuSign, Slack, Kaspersky Endpoint Security, Golden Frog VyprVPNFantastic Customer Service and a Great User Friendly ProductWe use it to schedule sales and consulting meetings for multiple business units in our organization. Currently, it is being utilized in two of our business units. I has helped us address the need to sync our scheduling software with Salesforce and GoToMeeting, as that is what we were using for our CRM and video conferencing solutions. It also had a complex enough teaming capability to pool availability and also prioritize consultants within that pool. Their customer service has been second to none, and they helped us get our pretty complex scheduling requirements up and running within a week. I highly recommend this software.,Customer Service. This is hands down, some of the most amazing customer service I have experienced. Fast, knowledgeable, and probably the best at understanding the problems that I have encountered. They have a high level of scheduling ability and options with the ability to pool availability, create teams, and create different event types (group, individual, etc.). You can also prioritize consultant or sales reps by seniority or just have it assign by round robin. Integration with other software has been exactly what we needed. We used Salesforce and GoToMeeting, and it integrates seamlessly with both! It helps to have a knowledgeable Salesforce Admin who knows how to work with flows to make more custom event types with custom fields.,Their customer-facing UI does not have much customization. You can embed widgets or a link to schedule very easily, but the UI of the widget cannot be edited other than the text and icon image. To add custom fields to the scheduling page and import them into Salesforce, you need someone technical that has an understanding of Salesforce Flows to integrate correctly. Fortunately for me, the Calendly staff helped walk me through how to update the flows, and now I am that technical admin.,10,It fully automated both our consulting scheduling using the custom fields and the ability to charge customers on scheduling (using Stripe integration). This was previously run and scheduled by our customer service department. We have saved a salary of about $35k a year not having to have someone manage this. It automated the data transfer into Salesforce and the scheduling of a GoToMeeting. All of this was manual before and very clunky. We have saved about a salary of $35k a year not having to have someone manage this.,Full Slate,Full SlatePleasant, straightforward scheduler that saves timeI primarily use Calendly for my own personal scheduling for work. As a recruiter, a lot of my time is spent figuring out the best times to talk to a candidate to schedule an interview so Calendly greatly helps to cut that time down. Instead of going back and forth three or four times to figure out a time and then sending out a calendar invite, I just send out the Calendly link and the rest falls in place.,Calendly provides a lot of control over setting your event times and availability. Some other tools (mostly thinking about LinkedIn Scheduler) don't give you a lot of control over things like buffer time between meetings, maximum events per day, minimum scheduling notice and ability to customize questions on the booking page and things that display on your confirmation page. By allowing us to create our own questions that are required to be answered, Calendly allows us to easily collect that info (i.e. phone number) and it includes that information in the invite that is sent out so it is easy to find. Finding the button to share your link through their website is very easy and you can even customize your link so it's easy to remember.,They hide the calendar settings pretty deep on their website. Specifically, you have to go into each event type and then click 'advanced' just to get to the appropriate setting.,8,It allows me to book more interviews and speak with more people because I can handle the scheduling with less effort and time committed to it. It allows me to focus more on important things rather than being distracted by following up with candidates to get interviews scheduled.,x.ai
Calendly

Calendly Reviews

Calendly
Filter 95 vetted Calendly reviews and ratings

Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician profile photo
December 26, 2018

Review: "Calendly makes scheduling simple and efficient"

• Calendly syncs instantly with my Google calendar. So not only do I automatically know when I have new appointments scheduled, but if I input a different event onto my google calendar Calendly knows that I'm not available at that time.
  • The direct link that allows people to schedule a time slot with me is great. It makes scheduling simple and painless, and make sit easy for me to create a clickable CTA.
  • I love that I can collect payments through the platforms either via Stripe or PayPal. both of which I use. It makes the platform more "all-in-one" and makes for a seamless experience.
  • The free version of Calendly limits the amount of event types you can make available. You can only have one even type. So if you choose a 15 minute meeting slot as your single event type and you want to schedule something for 30 or 45 minutes, the person scheduling with you has to schedule multiple consecutive time slots instead of one longer meeting period. I understand the need to limit features for those only using the free option though and so it's not necessarily unreasonable. It's pretty standard in SaaS platforms.
  • This is a little nit-picky but the trial period to try out all features is only 14 days. It would be great if they could up that trial period to 30 days. It's a much more reasonable time frame to be able to get a handle on the platform and see if the paid options are necessary or not.
  • It would be great if Calendly could sync up with more than one calendar at a time. If someone keeps different calendars (for example, one for home and one for work) or two different calendar platforms (for example, apple calendar and google calendar) it would be great if it were able to pull information from both calendars. If Calendly is already able to do this, I'm not aware of it.
Calendly is great for sales calls and trying to set appointments up with important potential clients. Trying to nail down a time with back and forth emails can be a hassle. Creating a link where your contact can easily use pick a time makes it so much easier. It also allows you to use it as a CTA where you can give your contact a specific action to take at the end of your email and get that person on the phone or schedule an in-person meeting. It might not be great for people who don't necessarily need to interface directly with clients so often. If you're only scheduling meetings or phone calls once every so often Calendly can still work but it might not be necessary for you.
Read Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician's full review
Jared DeLong profile photo
November 24, 2018

User Review: "Save Hours with Calendly"

• They have a very clean and simple interface for the admin user as well as the person scheduling a time.
  • You can customize how the scheduler determines open times. The customization is very well thought out and very flexible.
  • If you upgrade to the paid version, you can set up several different meeting types which would be very valuable for teams with multiple users needing to schedule varying sessions.
  • From a design perspective, it would be nice to customize the look of their pages to match the admin's brand more.
  • If you have open time slots in your calendar, it looks at sessions based on the hour and half hour rather than 15 minute increments. For example, if I was booked from 1:30-2 and 3-4 and asked to put a 15 minute cushion between meetings, 2:15-2:45 wouldn't show up in my scheduler however it would be a time that would work for me.
  • I wish they had a bit more conditional logic built in when booking a time.
Calendly is great for a team on a tight budget (or no budget) that needs to be able to schedule similar meetings quickly and avoid emailing back and forth to schedule. It wouldn't be well suited for someone needing to schedule meetings with various lengths of time and at different locations because the admin user would most likely need to consider travel and all topics they were planning to cover to more appropriately choose a time that works for them. It's better for people scheduling screen shares or phone calls.
Read Jared DeLong's full review
Namrata D profile photo
February 14, 2019

Calendly Review: "The perfect solution for all your scheduling woes!"

• Makes it really simple to schedule meetings even between different time zones.
  • Integrates with Outlook.
  • Solves the problem of back and forth emails trying to find a common free time slot.
  • It is really easy to set up.
  • The basic version is free and contains the full functionality you would need.
  • Some integrations are divided between two paid tiers. I would like simplified pricing.
It is the perfect tool if you have been having issues with switching between time zones for meetings. It is also a great way to save a lot of time and email correspondence by simplifying how meetings can be set up. Plus it integrates with Outlook and syncs with your calendar. But, conversely, if you don't set up a lot of meetings or if you set up calls through your email client, I think you can get by without it.
Read Namrata D's full review
Brad Meinen profile photo
February 07, 2019

Calendly Review: "Fantastic Customer Service and a Great User Friendly Product"

• Customer Service. This is hands down, some of the most amazing customer service I have experienced. Fast, knowledgeable, and probably the best at understanding the problems that I have encountered.
  • They have a high level of scheduling ability and options with the ability to pool availability, create teams, and create different event types (group, individual, etc.). You can also prioritize consultant or sales reps by seniority or just have it assign by round robin.
  • Integration with other software has been exactly what we needed. We used Salesforce and GoToMeeting, and it integrates seamlessly with both! It helps to have a knowledgeable Salesforce Admin who knows how to work with flows to make more custom event types with custom fields.
  • Their customer-facing UI does not have much customization. You can embed widgets or a link to schedule very easily, but the UI of the widget cannot be edited other than the text and icon image.
  • To add custom fields to the scheduling page and import them into Salesforce, you need someone technical that has an understanding of Salesforce Flows to integrate correctly. Fortunately for me, the Calendly staff helped walk me through how to update the flows, and now I am that technical admin.
Calendly has been well suited for both sales and consulting for our company. I have not really encountered a scenario where it hasn't seemed appropriate to use them as they have helped remove every obstacle we have encountered. We do not have an extremely large staff, so we have not tested the software with hundreds of reps and consultants, so that is the only scenario when I cannot speak to its usefulness.
Read Brad Meinen's full review
Scott Entwistle profile photo
February 04, 2019

Calendly Review: "Pleasant, straightforward scheduler that saves time"

• Calendly provides a lot of control over setting your event times and availability. Some other tools (mostly thinking about LinkedIn Scheduler) don't give you a lot of control over things like buffer time between meetings, maximum events per day, minimum scheduling notice and ability to customize questions on the booking page and things that display on your confirmation page.
  • By allowing us to create our own questions that are required to be answered, Calendly allows us to easily collect that info (i.e. phone number) and it includes that information in the invite that is sent out so it is easy to find.
  • Finding the button to share your link through their website is very easy and you can even customize your link so it's easy to remember.
  • They hide the calendar settings pretty deep on their website. Specifically, you have to go into each event type and then click 'advanced' just to get to the appropriate setting.
It's well suited for any situation where you need to schedule a phone call or a coffee meeting - specifically events that happen often and usually have the same length.

It's not that helpful for on-the-fly meetings of varying lengths because you won't necessarily have an event type set up in advance. Also, it can be perceived as a little bit lazy on your end so for very important clients or meetings it's probably best to avoid it.
Read Scott Entwistle's full review
Jason Carlage profile photo
January 03, 2019

Calendly Review: "Terrific and easy site for appointment scheduling"

We use Calendly for each member of the sales team. When emailing customers or potential customers, we send them a link to our Calendly account so that it's easy for our customers to see when we are available and book a time. It helps to eliminate some of the back and forth in terms of emailing to find out when customers are available.
  • It's easy to use. When someone clicks on the email link, it brings them right to a page where they can click on their preferred time and submit.
  • It provides us with useful information. We can set up the criteria, for example, what questions are mandatory. This will give us some relevant information that we can use on our sales calls.
  • It saves us time and eliminates the back and forth of emailing with customers and potential customers about choosing a time to connect. It blocks off times as soon as someone books so we can't get double-booked, and we can block out times that we aren't available as well.
  • It's free. While there are paid versions with more functionality, the free version has worked out just fine for us. It allows us to choose one time slot (for example, a 10-minute call) and allows us to ask a few mandatory and optional questions of our customer or potential customer who is booking the time.
  • There is one option I'd like to have, which is to include two timeslot options (for example, 10 and 20-minute calls), but that is available with the paid version. There is nothing else I'd like to change. The user experience from our side and from the customer side is excellent.
Calendly is excellent for any sales organization that wants to quickly provide options for customers and potential customers with regards to scheduling a time to talk. They provide your own unique URL, so sales reps in the company can each have their own specific account with times blocked out for when they are not available. If I'm emailing a customer who I have a lot of back and forth with and a strong relationship, I will generally just give a few time options for them to reach with me instead of asking them to click through Calendly, but for 90% of my sales opportunities, I will send out the Calendly link.
Read Jason Carlage's full review
Basak Buyukcelen profile photo
December 18, 2018

Calendly Review: "Easy to use, easy to mess up"

It's used individually by people who need to book time with clients, such as client management people, product managers, support staff.
  • Its integration with Gmail is seamless. Very easy to use.
  • When access is given to people outside the company, so they can pick a time to speak with who they need, no instructions needed, it's amazingly simple and dumb-friendly.
  • No jumping through hoops for sign up, configuration etc. Get started and you're ready to take off.
  • One thing that keeps me from using Calendly exclusively is its lack of system for organizing/picking a time for multiple users. Here's an example: We needed to go on a call with 3 individuals from different organizations as well as myself and my boss. Since there was no option for Calendly to allow them to see a time that was available for both me and my boss, I had to let them use only my bosses Calendly, and I said I'll make myself available if they pick a time that works for my boss but not for me. Then things got even more complicated. Those three people went ahead and booked times with my boss, but since they had no way of knowing who had chosen what, they ended up picking three different times. To make things even more complicated, since it was my bosses Calendly that they had access to and they went and booked him, I didn't receive any notification and we ended up having a huge mess not realizing what had happened. I learned my lesson. I give Calendly access to people only for one on one meetings, and use traditional methods for booking multiple people.
  • It'd be great to opt-in to receive notifications when someone books somebody else in your organization. Let me clarify: Let's say I need to know and want to attend when my boss is booked via Calendly by someone. I'd like to receive an email notification of that (via a permission setting or something) so if I also need to be in that meeting, I won't have to randomly check my boss's calendar.
  • If there were different options than the pre-written meeting times like half an hr and an hr, that'd be great. For example, if there was the ability for someone to just type 45 minutes instead of choosing a meeting for an hour by default, that'd be awesome. There were times when we had decided to have an organization meeting but the person didn't realize it was a limitation of the software and was forced to choose an hour We had to go back and correct the meeting time.
Works like magic for booking one on one meetings, but gets messy when there are more than two people involved in the meeting.
Read Basak Buyukcelen's full review
McKay Salisbury profile photo
December 10, 2018

Review: "Calendly makes my life so much easier, no more back and forth, and many fewer time zone mixups"

I use Calendly mostly for sales, but also anytime I need to set up a phone call. If a company wants to talk to me about potentially becoming a client, I send them my link and they just book a call on my calendar. I also use it to set up interviews, calls with clients, and booking requests from our website.
  • Integration with my Calendar - Calendly automatically integrates with multiple Google Calendars very well. I've never had a mix up where someone booked a call and I was already busy with something else. As long as you keep your calendar updated, it'll be fine.
  • Easy link sharing - the web pages are easy to use, I haven't had anyone confused about the process. Also, the chrome extension makes it really easy to share my Calendly links.
  • Easy setup of events, reminders, and everything else that is needed - It's really quite easy to use, once you set it up once, it just always works!
  • Integration with Join.me - You can just put the Join.me link in the invites, but an actual integration with Join.me would be nice. They have integrations with GoToMeeting and Zoom, but I don't like those because client's have to download something to be able to join the meetings, Join.me only requires a browser.
Calendly is seriously so useful and easy, my only regret is not using it earlier.
Read McKay Salisbury's full review
Sarah Bandy profile photo
February 12, 2019

User Review: "Calendly is Not All That"

I generally use Calendly in order to integrate calendars and process invitations with my team and with colleagues. I think I'm the one that uses it most often, but our Program Director also uses it to organize and invite folks to meetings. Originally, I signed up with Calendly to try out a new method for meetings and see how it worked.
  • Calendly has a satisfying and easy-to-use invite option in order to schedule meetings.
  • Scheduling becomes easier when all of your invitations come from one place.
  • The interface is simple and easy to use.
  • I'm still not sure it does scheduling any better than Google Calendar.
  • Calendly could use improvement on its pricing platform. I'm not sure the value is worth it.
  • It can be clumsy when trying to loop in new users.
Honestly, I'm really not totally sure that Calendly solves any problem that we have any better than the free Google Calendar does. More people use Google Calendar, so inherently when I accept invitations it goes into that initially anyway, and then is uploaded into Calendly. It might just be a sort of unnecessary third party [app].
Read Sarah Bandy's full review
Pedram Mizani, MD, MHSA profile photo
December 03, 2018

Calendly Review: "Excellent automated scheduling organizer"

Automated calendar scheduling after a client pays for services. It is used by our operations department.
  • Maintaining proper time zone
  • Modern UI
  • Plenty of options to customize an online calendar portal
  • Reliable sync with Google Calendar
  • Delay sync when a calendar item is changed in Google Calendar (sometimes we get notifications that the event is starting now, but it was cancelled yesterday).
  • Users should be able to see a version of Calendly that doesn't allow for any scheduling, just to see available slots. This is particularly helpful if a client wants to know our availability before making payments (and we don't want them to schedule without having made a payment).
  • Too conservative with scheduling availabilities. On many of my calendars I've had to increase my availabilities to every 5 minutes so that I don't miss out on large 30 minute chunks of times.
  • I should be able to select if I want to include a reschedule or cancellation link in a particular calendar.
It's a very nice product to work with. See my other page of review.
Read Pedram Mizani, MD, MHSA's full review
Elaine Truesdale profile photo
November 28, 2018

User Review: "Calendly Feedback"

We use calendly to book speakers for our webinars and to book consulting sessions for ANHC members and prospects.
  • Calendly syncs with our calendars.
  • Calendly provides a way for others to reserve time on or schedule.
  • Calendly allows us to segment different types of appointments.
  • Calendly could include a way for multiple people to sign up for the same appointment. This would be useful for classes and trainings.
  • Calendly could provide an option to type in a prefered meeting date to see if it is available. Currently it shows all available meeting times, which can be a lot to scroll through.
Calendly eliminates the need to go back and forth with someone to find a a meeting time that works for both of you.
Read Elaine Truesdale's full review
March 29, 2019

Review: "Calendly takes the hassle out of appointment scheduling!"

I use Calendly to schedule appointments with current and potential coaching clients. It eliminates the back-and-forth "ping-pong" emails that I used to use when trying to set up times for meetings. Calendly gives real-time access to my calendar so clients can choose the date and time that works best for them when scheduling a meeting.
  • Gives clients real-time access to my calendar for scheduling appointments.
  • Allows me to set custom parameters for times I am available for meetings.
  • Gives the client "control" of when a meeting is scheduled.
  • The customer-facing interface could use some beautification, it is a bit vanilla.
  • The Google Chrome plugin allows setting up ad-hoc meetings, but you cannot edit those once the invitations are issued.
  • This works great for one-to-one meetings, but if you are trying to find a time that works for multiple persons to meet at the same time, this does not work. I have to use Doodle Polls for those cases.
For anyone who schedules appointments with individuals, this is a great tool. You set the parameters when you are available to meet, and then the client selects the time that works best for them. Calendly connects real-time with your calendar so there is no over-booking. It makes scheduling a breeze and gives control to the client for setting a time.
February 28, 2019

User Review: "Calendly is amazing!"

This is my go-to tool to set up meetings. I work with clients across multiple locations and different time zones and trying to schedule a meeting meant a lot of emails trying to figure out what time would work for everyone. Calendly is a fantastic solution to that problem. Create a alendlyC link and anyone you send that link to will be able to see what your availability is like. And because it syncs with your Microsoft Outlook, it means it can even keep tabs on meetings that were scheduled outside of Calendly so you don't end up being double booked. You automatically get notified when someone books a meeting with you and it even adds it to your calendar. It just saves you an incredible amount of time. It almost feels like having a personal assistant setting up your meetings.
  • It works great with Microsoft Outlook. You can sync it with your Outlook calendar.
  • You can integrate it with multiple tools.
  • The free version works great if you just need something to schedule calls with.
  • It is really simple to set up, you dont need to be a tech person to do it.
  • I have had the desktop version (that connects to your Outlook). It crashed a few times. It's not that frequent but does happen for no reason at all.
I think pretty much anyone who works in an office could (and probably should) at least try it out. It is available for free so there isn't any cost involved. And if you don't like it, it's pretty simple to rollback (just uninstall). But if you often work with people that are located in a different timezone then this is something you absolutely need to try. It will make you so much more productive.
February 26, 2019

User Review: "Calendly for Client Scheduling"

Calendly is used by multiple departments at my company, including Customer Experience and Sales. We use it to easily schedule calls with current clients and prospects looking to schedule a demo. We simply include our custom Calendly link in our emails/email signatures so our clients/prospects can see our availability and schedule a time to chat.
  • Custom scheduling page -- this allows those scheduling with you to select the type of meeting they are looking to have. For example, we have this set up so they can select a 15 min meeting, a 30 min meeting or 60 min meeting.
  • Time zones are very clear so we never run into scheduling confusion.
  • Easy to implement. Takes hardly any time to set up.
  • Confirmation emails sent prior to the meeting have decreased the number of no-shows on our calls.
  • It would be neat to be able to set a maximum amount of time for meetings, rather than just the number of meetings. For example, my threshold right now is four meetings/day, but this could mean four one hour meetings, or four fifteen minute meetings, which would be a very light day. I'd love to be able to say I am only available for meetings 3 hours/day, or something along those lines.
If you spend a lot of time scheduling calls and meetings in your role, Calendly will make this process more efficient and take away the back and forth of trying to align schedules. You can use Calendly internally, or externally with clients, as we do. It is user-friendly and easy to get set up.
Joshua Long profile photo
August 28, 2018

Calendly Review: "The best scheduling software available"

As a freelance consultant, I use Calendly for all my meetings. I also recommend it to all my clients, most of whom switch away from their current solution because Calendly is so comprehensive and competitively priced.

I have created numerous appointment types (events) so I can share them with various segments to better structure my day around the type of work and meetings I want to batch. The custom notifications and reminder messages make follow up and confirmation that much more effective, reducing the rate of no-shows to essentially zero for me.
  • The ease of creating different appointment types allows me to perfectly tailor my availability to my preferred workflow.
  • The integration with Google Calendar, Outlook and iCal make it very easy for users to add confirmed appointments to their calendars.
  • The custom messages for confirmation and reminder notifications are great to automate follow up and reduce no-shows.
  • Being able to schedule group meetings would be the last feature to solve all my scheduling needs.
So far, I've found that it works great for all professional service providers and sales teams.

I haven't seen it used for on-site appointments, like medical providers or home service providers, but I'm sure it could handle those very well with their before and after appointment time buffering to factor in travel.
Read Joshua Long's full review
Jeff Bramhall profile photo
May 28, 2018

Calendly Review: "So lightweight, so easy."

Scheduling meetings is annoying for all involved. We use Calendly to help our prospects book time on our calendars when it's convenient for them.
  • It's just plain easy to use.
  • It took zero time to set up.
  • It's a simple product that does exactly what it's supposed to do.
It's great to help a group of people set time to meet independently (widening a deal by introducing to the users).
Drift is better for having someone set a meeting for you.
Read Jeff Bramhall's full review
Shirin Elkoshairi profile photo
February 01, 2018

Review: "Setup meetings with prospects faster with Calendly"

We use Calendly in sales and marketing. We felt that rather than forms being filled out by prospects with the back and forth of "when are you available, can you meet tomorrow" we could simply have the client choose a time on the calendar of one of our consultants. The meeting invite is set up, the conference bridge information is shared and it removes any hesitation of meeting with a prospect. Usually, our prospects are very happy to work with us after the initial consult and so getting that initial consult is made far easier with something like Calendly which is easy to use and engage with on both sides.
  • the visual interface for clients is clutter free and easy to use. It's very clear on what days/times are available.
  • Is sets up the calendar invite so that the appointment is "booked" on the clients calendar as well as the consultants. We've been able to include our conference bridge info so there's no mistake as to who calls who.
  • The embed of the "click to schedule an appointment" widget on the website flows nicely with most of our pages. It looks like part of our page and not a plug-in that looks completely detached or separated.
  • Eases the interaction between website visitors and our company. There are so many hurdles to getting qualified buyers that we love removing a couple of steps of the process so seamlessly.
  • I'd love some more color options for the widget.
I think for service appointments, prospective clients and anytime you'd like to ease the back and forth of scheduling an appointment, Calendly is the way to go. I also use it in my email signature so that anyone I speak to can simply get on my calendar by clicking the link. Since you can have a vast array of employees connected to it, you can use it for virtually anything.
Read Shirin Elkoshairi's full review
Bethany Chan profile photo
January 18, 2018

Review: "Painless meeting scheduling and calendar management with Calendly"

Our customer success department uses Calendly to make it much easier for our customers and prospects to schedule trainings and other significant meetings that are part of the customer lifecycle. We've found that it provides great flexibility to our customers for scheduling and canceling meetings that are convenient for them. It also is a great way to manage our calendars without having to think too hard, especially when factoring multiple team member calendars and time zones in.
  • Calendly does a great job in providing very flexible, detailed calendar event management for people who have strict stipulations around their schedules. It makes it easy for us to define rules of availability while still making it easy for customers to schedule meetings with us, or vice versa.
  • Calendly also supports teams, which is perfect for our customer success team because we usually tag-team handling the same accounts and customers. They provide good round-robin or collective pooling options and let you define team events as opposed to individual user events.
  • Their integration with Google calendar has been flawless so far. We really appreciate smooth integrations so that we don't have to do double-duty. They've also recently introduced a Google Chrome extension, which will further make things easier for us to schedule meetings with clients.
  • One thing I have greatly appreciated that often goes unnoticed is the ease of subscription options and adding/removing users to the account. Some SaaS tools have made this particularly frustrating and hard to maneuver, but it's easy for us to add and remove team members since our team fluctuates sometimes, and know exactly what we will be charged with our subscription.
  • One of the best things about Calendly is the link that you can share with anyone so that they can schedule with you - it's basically self-service for your customers so they have full control over their options, and is very scalable/automated.
  • We would really appreciate some more flexibility in branding with Calendly - that way we can customize our links to look more uniform with the rest of our software application/company style guide - fonts, colors, and graphics included.
  • It would be cool if Calendly provided reporting/analytics for us to gauge how often different events are scheduled and when they are typically scheduled.
  • While it's not always within Calendly's jurisdiction to make certain integrations with certain tools happen (we understand that both software app parties must cooperate together), we would prefer to have a Zoom integration with Calendly, as it is the meeting room app our company most frequently and highly uses.
Our customer success team typically likes to use Calendly as an open-ended training/support online meeting scheduler. That is, we send the customer a link to schedule their first software onboarding in our welcome email, so that the customer can figure out their own flexibility and availability and can often schedule their onboarding as soon as convenient. We also like to provide the link for repeated support calls that higher-touch enterprise customers want - they have quick access to be able to meet with us at shorter notice, and we can provide good engagement with them in that way without worrying about schedule conflicts.
Read Bethany Chan's full review
Paul Lipman profile photo
January 30, 2018

Calendly Review: "Works great - Fewer missed appointments"

The problem it solves is "phone tag" with clients. By scheduling appointments easily, through a link I provide in my emails, I rarely have missed appointments, know who is calling and why, and am better prepared for the call.

I've used several calendar apps, and find this one easy to use.
  • Provides a URL to send to my prospects and clients
  • Allows me to create multiple "Event types" with these unique URLs
  • Easy to reschedule appointments
  • Not sure if the premium plan includes this or not but the ability to block times out so people can't schedule. I have to block those times on my Google calendar.
Very well suited for sending a link on your email or put on your website.
Read Paul Lipman's full review
Andy Lutz profile photo
December 18, 2017

User Review: "Make your life simpler with Calendly!"

We use Calendly primarily to schedule phone interviews, and massage time slots (!!!!). The whole company uses it at times. It's great, simple tool! It helps take away a lot of the back and forth typically associated with scheduling and calendar management. We love Calendly here at Segment and plan to continue using it for the foreseeable future!
  • Lets you reschedule or cancel meetings easily
  • Integrates well with Google Calendar
  • Keeps data and meeting times in central place for all attendees to see
  • It can be a bit too basic of a UI at times
  • Inability to create custom time slots
  • Some friction at login
It's great for booking and coordinating calls, coffee meetings, massage or other appointments, and simple calendar meetings. It's not really useful if you are trying to schedule a full interview panel or more than one meeting at once. It's a really clean interface and pretty simple, easy, and intuitive to use, so for that reason, I would recommend it to most.
Read Andy Lutz's full review
Stratford Canning profile photo
December 01, 2017

Calendly Review: "It is simple and free!!!"

We are using it in the Sales Development team and Marketing team to speed up and simplify the booking of prospect calls with leads.
  • The free version is perfectly good for an individual.
  • It’s easy to set up and most importantly easy for anyone to book time in your diary.
  • It has cool features like adding meeting buffers so you don’t get back to back meetings booked.
  • It’s not too branded meaning it’s not too confusing for prospects
  • It would be nice if there were team booking features in the free version.
  • It would be nice to be able to add your branding for free
It’s great for prospecting emails. So rather than having to back and forth with prospects to arrange a time to talk they can just book a time that works well for them while they are interested. It is less suited for particular prospects. I have had some people saying it’s lazy and they would rather I make more of an effort to book time with them. I don’t agree with them 🙂
Read Stratford Canning's full review
January 16, 2018

Calendly Review: "Super easy! Super fast for leads and clients"

We use Calendly to more easily schedule sales and demonstration meetings with current and prospective clients. We can always includes links on our website and software to allow clients to put time to talk on our calendars without ever having to reach out to schedule. It couldn't be easier. It really enables us to know when a lead is engaged and move people quickly through the pipeline.
  • Easy scheduling!
  • Fast Set up.
  • Syncs up with Outlook right away.
  • Tough to set up combination round robin with exceptions for teams.
  • Stronger integrations would be nice.
Great for sales teams scheduling demos and calls with leads.
Brandon Forrest profile photo
September 07, 2017

Review: "Calendly will get you organized, for free!"

Calendly is used to help us schedule appointments to our calendar through email. It is mainly used by our business development department.
  • The integration with my Google Calendar is seamless and reliable.
  • Calendly is fast and easy to use.
  • Calendly has been adding features at a rapid rate to improve user experience.
  • It would be nice to have more customization with the meeting booking screens.
  • It would be nice to have a white-labeled URL linked to my account.
  • I would also like the ability to upload video greetings into my meeting booking screens.
Calendly is perfect for the professional looking for a cost-free scheduler they can share with clients or prospects in email. It's less appropriate for embedded schedulers being placed on websites.
Read Brandon Forrest's full review
Christopher Fago profile photo
September 14, 2017

Calendly Review: "Say goodbye to email tag for scheduling calls, demos and much more!"

Calendly is being used by our entire organization to cut back on the ping pong of meetings. We use it to save time when booking intro meetings with prospects, meetings with current customers and as well as for interviews. The business problem it solves is the frequency of [answering the question] "when are you available?".
  • Integrates with Google calendar.
  • Integrates with multiple calendars.
  • Clean UI for booking meetings.
  • Sending out Reminder alerts 1 day before.
  • The ability to send just a one day link. When you send a one day link it oftentimes goes back to the full week.
It is suited for all Sales people, all internal meetings (1:1's, interviews, etc.)
Read Christopher Fago's full review
George Markou profile photo
October 05, 2016

Calendly Review: "Efficient and simple to use, but with room for improvement"

Calendly is being used by our sales, onboarding and customer success teams. It was selected as a tool that would allow grouping people across departments as well as booking individual appointments. It was also selected due to its round robin style of booking appointments. The fact that it integrated with some of the existing tools we used was a plus.
  • Booking appointments
  • Creation of various groups
  • Simple and intuitive interface
  • Native integrations with other software, namely GoToMeeting, Salesforce, etc (Zapier integrations do not offer extensive functionality).
  • Allow more branding/personalization.
  • ScheduleOnce is more feature rich.
All in all we are generally happy with Calendly. It allows booking to be made effiently; our main concern is that it does not integrate seamlessly with our GoToMeeting accounts, thus we have resulted in creating Google calendar events instead and create GoToMeeting events from there. ScheduleOnce on the other hand, is more feature rich and allows more native integrations, albeit with a less clean interface.
Read George Markou's full review