Calendly Can Do It!

April 27, 2021

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Customer Support 2021

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Calendly, and make your voice heard!

Basic

$0

Premium

Per User Per Month

Pro

Per User Per Month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://calendly.com/pages/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $8 per month

What is Calendly?

Calendly is a hub for scheduling meetings, designed to eliminate the hassle of back-and-forth emails. Boasting users among more than 50,000 companies and 10 million people around the world, Calendly now offers extended capabilities for teams with additional collaboration functionality, administration controls, and enterprise-grade security and compliance.

Calendly Video

How to use Calendly

Calendly Integrations

Calendly Competitors

Calendly Technical Details

What is Calendly?

Calendly is appointment scheduling software from the company of the same name in Atlanta, Georgia. Calendly is available via a free plan that allows users to book unlimited 1:1 appointments. Paid plans, starting at $8 per month enable meetings with multiple invitees, a customizable appointment page, and more advanced integrations than those available on the free plan. The Pro plan includes appointment reminders, and follow up workflows. Calendly's more recently launched enterprise plan (launched 2021) includes more advanced security features and live business support.

How much does Calendly cost?

Calendly starts at $8.

What is Calendly's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 9.

Who uses Calendly?

The most common users of Calendly are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

Michael Sicheri | TrustRadius Reviewer
Customer support is 100% via email, which is ok, but very annoying. No matter how big the issue, it is 100% via email. This is true with the paid or the free version. They will ask the same scripted questions and send the same scripted "self-help" messages regardless of what you type. It is a good product, it is very helpful and will make your life easier. It, however, doesn't work great with Microsoft Office/Outlook. If you choose to use this service, unless you need the features that come with the paid version, I recommend getting the free version.
If you are not very tech-oriented, try to find another solution due to the fact that all customer support is via email. If you can't figure it out based upon the email you sent and the one they sent you, then it is your issue. Also, it takes forever to get a response. My syncing issue has been going on for over 4 months.
Sierra Schubach | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Calendly for our business to book demo appointments for our sales and marketing team. It allows potential customers to schedule meetings without having to have a representative available. It frees up time for our reps to be working on what's really important!
  • Customized schedule blocking for seamless appointments
  • Integrating with multiple platforms
  • Extremely user friendly
  • I wish it would stay signed in
Calendly is perfect for anyone scheduling appointments. We use this for sales appointments, but I see it fitting very well for service industries such as massage, hair, and even coaching. Calendly integrates with any and all calendars and gives you the freedom to set your schedule and let your clients pick their times. You can set up custom meeting times, names, descriptions etc. The range of possibilities is very wide and is extremely user-friendly.
June 10, 2021

Calendly Review

Dennis Normile | TrustRadius Reviewer
My company has myself, a full time employee and two part time employees. I am the Calendly user and it is no hyperbole to say that I am not sure if I could be in business without it. Like many new business owners, I also have a work from home job. To accomplish my goals as both an excellent employee and a growing business owner, time management is crucial. Calendly allows me to integrate the employer's schedule, and FIVE of my own calendars seamlessly while letting customers of my employer or my own company have de-conflicted access to my schedule. I don't know how anyone that has appointments as a large part of their work could be efficient without Calendly.
  • Easy to Use, I am an idiot and was able to ingest all my calendar information.
  • Meshes multiple calendars easily. For folks with very complex available concerns this is crucial.
  • There needs to be more depth for situations where you have to sync your own Calendly to an employer's Calendly.
  • Multi User scheduling seems less intuitive than I was hoping for.
I STRONGLY recommend Calendly for anyone in the financial services, tech support, or sales. You've got to minimize the phone tag and frustration of clients calling you while you're on the phone or vice versa. Locking folks into appointment times that are easy for them to choose, have integrated Zoom functions and calendar reminders means both you and the client are prepared for the meeting. Before Calendly I would spend a horrific amount of time trying to call back unavailable people. Now I can process over 50% more clients with less stress.
Brian Thomas | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Calendly personally to allow students and others to easily plan meetings with me. It solves the main problem of having to go back and forth to find a time that works with both parties schedules. Really easy to use for both of us and allows for automatically setting up a Zoom meeting.
  • Automatically creates a Zoom meeting
  • Free version is robust
  • Basic version has limitations
Calendly is perfect for allowing a student or other party to set up a meeting with me. It saves time and effort for both parties. It is flexible and will automatically create a Zoom meeting. I feel it is less appropriate when setting meetings with certain people when I don't want an impersonal interaction (when it needs to feel more personal).
Mabel Long | TrustRadius Reviewer
Calendly is the control center for appointment scheduling across the length and breadth of my organization. It works for in-house meetings between staffs, but is used primarily for scheduling meetings and appointments with external collaborators , customers etc
By using Calendly, we have successfully been able to meet customers and collaborators at key checkpoints and create a lasting impression of being a professional and organized company to our customers, while also ensuring that we don’t spend excess time planning meetings.
  • Automation - With Calendly, everything is automated. I do not need to be informed before a meeting is scheduled with me, neither do I need to put calls across or send emails to cancel appointments. Calendly simply does the running around for me.
  • Reminders - In a business environment, it’s so easy for one to forget scheduled activity. However, Calendly ensures this doesn’t happen with me . Thanks to its notification reminders, which ensures I am always abreast with what I need to do next.
  • Re-scheduling - Calendly makes it so easy for myself or the other party to cancel scheduled appointments and postpone to a more convenient date.
  • No calls or emails needed by either party.
  • Calendly just does everything well for me, as far as scheduling appointments are concerned. No reason to complain about anything.
Scheduling appointment.

Closing deals faster - With Calendly, we have been able to successfully follow up with our leads promptly and when it is most convenient for them to engage with us.

Calendly reminders practically reduces appointment cancellations and no-shows for my organization.
Calendly is currently being used by our entire nonprofit organization. It reduces the need to send back and forth emails for scheduling meetings (and boy do we have a lot of meetings!). The platform also saves time for the company by integrating with G Suite and other extensions. Overall, Calendly is very easy to use.
  • Calendly prevents the back and forth email scheduling shenanigans.
  • It reduces the need for special assistants / schedulers in the office.
  • The platform integrates well with G Suite and other extensions.
  • Calendly is not mobile friendly.
  • Calendly should be able to integrate with more extensions.
  • Calendly doesn't have a training guide or support page.
If you have a lot of meetings, interviews, or virtual calls to schedule in your day to day work streams, especially on a weekly basis, then Calendly is right for you. During the COVID-19 global pandemic, it saves many of us time and stress when landing these Zoom calls and other digital meetings.
Ever since we have been introduced to Calendly, it has been a game-changer for us. I used to have to go back and forth with prospects and clients on finding a date/time that works best with them and then compare this to my boss's calendar. Sometimes if I would offer a date and the prospect/client took a couple of days to respond back, the date would be unavailable and I would have to start over again. Calendly eliminates this completely as it is integrated with my boss's calendar and the prospect/client can choose from the availability offered on the site. It is used across our whole organization and we will continue to use it.
  • Prospect scheduling.
  • Client scheduling.
  • Integrated with outlook.
  • Different logins for assistants.
  • Connect with multiple calendars.
Calendly is well suited for people who are trying to schedule a meeting with a client or prospect and do not want to go back and forth on emails to find a date and time that works for all parties. It is also great for internal meetings on choosing a date and time that works for employees.
Joshua Freedman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Many of our team members use Calendly to simplify scheduling and make it easier for people to connect with us. In the past, I found I'd go back and forth many times to book a time... and Calendly has made that much easier! There are some downsides - the biggest issue is that you need to be disciplined about keeping your calendar, which I've found helps me. E.g., now I go through my calendar and time-block spaces so no one can slip in an appointment :)
  • Sales. Easy for people to book so less back and forth.
  • Managed access. Easy for me to offer people the "right kind" of slot - I have like 5 hidden event-types I share only with certain people so they can access different availability.
  • Collaborative events! Some of us frequently meet in pairs or groups, e.g., one of our regional leaders and I have a shared link we can send out to people to find a time that works for all of us. LOVE this.
  • I mentioned collaborative events. You can only set this up for people who are all users inside your account. So even if I have a partner who uses Calendly under his own company account, I don't think I can make a shared event with him.
  • Also mentioned already, this isn't a con of the product but a user issue: If you make openings, people will book. So you HAVE TO be disciplined and get everything on your calendar or someone will slip in a booking when you were planning to go to lunch, etc.
I recommend this all the time. I wish I got a commission. I know this sounds super-nerdy but I love this tool... obviously if you don't schedule many meetings, it's not gonna help you... but, if you're a coach (me), or in sales, or someone who does a lot of networking (me) then Calendly is for you.

Coaches etc: I've not tried functions like paid appointments, but in theory you can set up for people to pay when they book.
Everyone in the company used Calendly. We tried a few scheduling tools but Calendly was hands down the best. It was the easiest and most effective. I feel like my number of meetings increased when I was using Calendly. I would recommend this tool to anyone. It is the software I will be using if I own a company in the future.
  • Easy to customize
  • Can be pricey
  • Can have difficulty adjusting the timezones.
I have used Calendly in a handful of different ways. The most common use case for myself is through my emailing and prospecting tool. I reach out to a lot of people via email. Many people don't want to take the time to reply, so having a link in the email makes the scheduling process much easier. My number of meetings increased when I was utilizing Calendly.
To be completely honest, I haven't had much experience with Calendly support. However, with how great the software is, I am sure that the support is great as well. My experience with Calendly has been great and I have not found a reason where I would need to be in much contact with support.
McKay Salisbury | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Calendly mostly for sales, but also anytime I need to set up a phone call. If a company wants to talk to me about potentially becoming a client, I send them my link and they just book a call on my calendar. I also use it to set up interviews, calls with clients, and booking requests from our website.
  • Integration with my Calendar - Calendly automatically integrates with multiple Google Calendars very well. I've never had a mix up where someone booked a call and I was already busy with something else. As long as you keep your calendar updated, it'll be fine.
  • Easy link sharing - the web pages are easy to use, I haven't had anyone confused about the process. Also, the chrome extension makes it really easy to share my Calendly links.
  • Easy setup of events, reminders, and everything else that is needed - It's really quite easy to use, once you set it up once, it just always works!
  • Integration with Join.me - You can just put the Join.me link in the invites, but an actual integration with Join.me would be nice. They have integrations with GoToMeeting and Zoom, but I don't like those because client's have to download something to be able to join the meetings, Join.me only requires a browser.
Calendly is seriously so useful and easy, my only regret is not using it earlier.
April 27, 2021

Calendly Can Do It!

Renea Hanks | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Calendly to solve scheduling for consultations. With its simple and clean interface, Calendly makes scheduling an appointment without frustration. It gets straight to the point for what the client came to do: Make an appointment.
Marketing automation for the next steps is the business problem it addresses for us. Instead of taking several steps to accomplish one thing, we are now able to do that in one click.
  • User Experience (UX) is incredible.
  • Embed Calendly within a website easily.
  • From sign up to actually using Calendly for an average user is 5 minutes or less.
  • If you have more than one company, you cannot use one account. This is the most difficult hurdle to me but still one I am willing to jump over considering all the benefits of Calendly.
  • Adding custom color ability on event types. Example: One of my companies doesn't use any of the color choices. I would like to be able to color code those to my brand.
  • Brand/Asset kit would be a wonderful addition. In profile settings, have a place to upload brand logo, assets, and brand color codes.
Calendly is well suited for companies that need to put a calendar in place that doesn't want to waste time on the details. They want to get to business.
Accelerating the sales process and lead generation are reasons I feel it is well suited. The simplicity of Calendly helps the brain to make better decisions because it is not distracted.
Calendly would not be well suited for entrepreneurs who have multiple companies. It would also not work well and tend to be confusing for holding company or any organization requiring multiple domain/extensions.
At UPMC Calendly is being used to schedule physician, directors, supervisor meetings, one on one appointments, and company events being held. Calendly is used outside of my department but used frequently in my role specifically. The issue that the app addresses is planning events, meetings and any other event while knowing the all parties involved schedules. It resolves the issue of creating an event that conflicts with invited members schedules.
  • Calendly shows name of invited members and their schedules. This allows meetings to be made without having to go back and change times because of conflicting schedules.
  • It allows the invited member to view my schedule and choose a time that fits their availability. Members have an option to virtually choose a time slot without phone calls or any direct communication.
  • You can merge calendly with other calendars. This feature can serve as a reminder if you have a previous scheduled appointment on another calendar because calendly will now be aware.
  • I find it difficult to see how many people and who clicked the link to schedule an event but never actually confirmed and followed through.
  • Occasionally I have a 'glitchy' experience where the app runs extremely slow and occasionally will crash.
  • I find it difficult navigating through the settings. Settings appear to be hidden as sub-sections that are in the other preference page.
A scenario where Calendly is well suited is when you are a supervisor in a department and have month one on one meetings with you employees. Employees are able to access supervisor schedule and pick a time slot that they are able to meet.

A less appropriate scenario would be a company that does not utilize meetings, and events as much.
There is a lot of support for Calendly. Whenever I have had issues navigating through it, especially as a new user, I found multiple support on the web addressing my questions or concerns. There is a lot of in app informative notes accessible to users to navigate through Calendly when needed.
I've used Calendly off and on for about 3 years. I most often use it to set up appointments with existing customers for product interviews. These interviews may include other members of my team. It is fairly difficult to try and arrange this manually - lots of back and forth with the customer. Calendly makes that super easy - I create a shared appointment calendar for anyone I want to include, and send the link to my customer. They can then pick any available appointment slots.
  • Great for setting up external meetings.
  • Particularly good if you have multiple people from your organization that you want to include.
  • Has all of the settings and configurations that you might need - I haven't run into a problem that I couldn't solve yet.
  • The user experience has always been it's downfall, particularly when you want to set up appointments with multiple people from your team. It just isn't intuitive.
Calendly is great when you want to book appointments with someone outside your organization. Once you set up your appointment slots, you can just hand out the link to anyone.
I can only remember needing support once. It was fast and accurate, with no complaints.
We used Calendly for a few different things. One was across the organization for getting the meetings scheduled for our Sales Team, and the other was to schedule interviews for our research project. We needed to collect interviews and make sure that we could send out the information ahead of it with notes.
  • Easy to schedule and organize.
  • User-friendly interface.
  • Easy to add notes and get questions answered.
  • Easier to integrate with Google Calendar.
  • More video conferencing capabilities.
  • Easier notes for follow up emails.
It works well across the board. Our Sales Team loves it because they can avoid the back and forth with a client on scheduling a meeting or a demo. It worked very well for scheduling 50 interviews over 2 weeks for the user research project.
I only reached out to Support once but they were very prompt and easy to work with. I had some questions about setting up the follow-up emails for after people would do the interview. They were very helpful and gave assistance and we solved the issue very fast. I would definitely recommend.
Samantha Crawford | TrustRadius Reviewer
Calendly allows me to create calendars of availability for specific events for my business, and it automatically coordinates with my personal calendars to block off times I am already busy.
  • Easy to use.
  • I love that it automatically sync with my personal calendars to block off unavailable times.
  • Clients also love it.
  • More personalization options for colors and fonts.
  • Cant think of anything else.
It is great for scheduling meetings or events with clients without the need for the back-and-forth chitchat about availability. You just send them the link, and Calendly is always synced with all my personal calendars to auto block times off my calendar I already have something going on!
Support is very nice and easy to reach.
Ryan Berg | TrustRadius Reviewer
Used it to schedule appointments with consulting clients and prospective clients.
  • Easy to schedule calls.
  • Syncs to Google calendar.
  • Clearly mark available times for meetings.
  • Native Gmail integration might be cool.
  • Their Chrome app was a bit clunky.
  • Expanding their functionality, but the simplicity is also one of their best selling points.
Works great for simple calendar management and scheduling needs, when synced with Google calendar or similar. Not really meant to be more than that, I don't think. Definitely more feature rich options if you're looking for a fully integrated CRM, etc.
Never had a need to reach out to support because the product is so easy and straightforward to use.
Mandy Olson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Calendly is used heavily by our Customer Experience and User Experience teams to coordinate interviews and user testing with our members. Before Calendly, we were using the outdated method of "I have X, Y, Z available. Do any of these times work for you?" The trouble with that is by the time we heard back from our members, X and Z had already been booked and we'd have to start the whole process again.
  • Sending reminders on our behalf.
  • Syncing to our calendars so we do not have to try and keep things updated.
  • Allowing us to create unique and personalized invitations.
  • Allowing us to add a location to the invitation.
  • Users can change their date and time if they need to and we don't have to be involved with trying to set something new up.
  • It is very basic, which is great for users but it could look a bit more exciting.
Calendly works wonders for anyone that is trying to set up appointments with anyone out of their organization. It has really helped us to avoid a lot of back and forth with our members and we don't have to worry about sending reminders. Since we started using Calendly the number of no-shows has certainly decreased.
We have not had a single issue with Calendly since we signed on.
I used Calendly to set up almost all of my calls with leads. Prior to using Calendly, setting up a simple call with a prospect used to involve both of us going back and forth on emails until we could nail down a time that worked for both of us. Calendly has a very elegant solution to that. I set up my availability of calls or meetings with clients in my Calendly account and then I just send them a link and ask them to pick a time that works for us. It integrates both with my Zoom account and my Outlook account. That means when a client picks a time they automatically get Zoom details for the call and the meeting gets added to my Outlook Calendar. And it automatically converts for time zones. It is absolutely AMAZING!
  • The integrations with Zoom and Outlook are flawless. It works beautifully with both of them.
  • It is easy for my leads to pick a time slot as well since it automatically converts for their time zone. No more missed meetings.
  • It is very easy for people to book a meeting. Two clicks and they are done.
  • The first time I set up it, it took a little bit of trial and error to figure things out. Their interface is a little confusing.
  • Sometimes their Outlook Plugin crashes. You have to manually launch it again.
If you spend a lot of time setting up meetings, calls or conferences then this is an absolute lifesaver. You will love Calendly. It will save you a lot of headaches and eliminate a whole lot of useless email trails. The one scenario I cant see this being useful is if your day to day work doesn't involve interfacing a lot with other people or jumping on calls etc.
Their support is pretty good. I have had to contact them a couple of times because I needed help with setting up my integrations. The time taken to resolve my query could have been faster but overall it was a pretty good experience.
February 22, 2020

Calendly: time multiplier

Lance Stange | TrustRadius Reviewer
HUGE bang for the buck! Calendly saves a tremendous amount of time and frustration when scheduling meetings. AND my prospects/clients love using it. I get compliments a lot about how slick it works. The integration with Zoom/Webex is a huge value-add as well, automatic meeting scheduling and rescheduling with a click, what more could you need? Love it!
  • Automated Scheduling
  • Automated Rescheduling
  • Mass changes, e.g. change an element across multiple events.
Any time you are trying to schedule meetings! It's not well suited for those that do not maintain their calendars well. That being said, I have found that Calendly enforces good calendar management.
I have never needed to use it!
Calendly is used between employees to help organize meeting dates/times, make sure no meetings in other departments overlap, and to ensure we are reminded about our meetings in our calendars. This helps keep departments more organized and work efficiently to keep all meetings in one place. We can also intertwine department meetings through Calendly, so we can invite anyone/whoever we need to join the meeting, even from outsourced companies.
  • Calendly shows you in a grid-like structure which meetings are when and at what time so you can stay organized.
  • It also helps by giving you the option to show a range of times that you are available, so whoever is receiving your invite can pick from a selection of times/dates that work best for them as well. This helps reduce back and forth emails about scheduling.
  • Calendly could combine people's schedules so you can organize timing better.
  • Calendly could also combine other department's schedules together that so you don't accidentally book the same meeting rooms.
I recommend a 9, as it is an exceptional tool for the workplace (or even personally if you work at home and want to stay organized with your outside resources). There is always room for improvement, especially on organizational platforms such as Calendly, as even though it's a great tool, I can see why more offices would use tools, such as Microsoft Outlook Calendar. Our office uses a mixture of both.
Though I've never personally had to contact Calendly support, I know they are very quick and efficient in solving issues and are readily available for any help you may need. It's important, when you have a platform such as this one, to have a viable help desk when something happens that you need to immediately fix (glitches/errors), and Calendly always helps when needed!
Andrea Vahoua | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our entire company uses Calendly to schedule calls and meetings with candidates and clients. It eliminates the back and forth of attempting to get someone's availability and trying to connect. From the CEO to our junior recruiters, we all use it daily. They are even a client of ours for recruitment.
  • Streamlined scheduling.
  • Quicker response times.
  • Calendar reminders are only available on certain plans.
  • Limited use for free users.
At times, people can be a bit put off by the thought of having to "put something on your calendar" if you are the one trying to meet with them, but it really is just in the way that you phrase or explain to them that this is to save time on both sides. It's super great for anyone in sales or recruitment for sure.
I have never had an issue where I needed support from Calendly, but they clearly display their chat box options and all their contact info is highly visible.
February 20, 2020

Calendly Is a Lifesaver

Nicole Ronchetti | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Calendly for almost all of my scheduling needs, whether it be to schedule a time to connect in with a client and address a support issue, or to do a sales demo/discovery call. It really helps me to connect with my clients more quickly and easily.
  • Ease of use
  • Saves time
  • Would like to be able to have a way to propose times for a group of clients
Calendly is useful in most all scheduling situations, except for when I need to coordinate a time with multiple parties and I need to know everyone's availability.
Always fast to respond.
Brad Price | TrustRadius Reviewer
The international nature of our business involves lots of timezones, as we deal with clients, contractors, and employees all over the world. The use of Calendly thoroughly simplifies our scheduling, whether for interviews, meetings, problem-solving, sales calls, and customer catch-ups. Knowing that availability in your own timezone can be set and viewed locally by another timezone is awesome. The integration to your calendar app is also great, reducing extra clicks and manual timezone calculation.
  • Automatic timezone updates
  • Set and change your availability
  • Schedule setting can be a bit cumbersome, with lots of clicks
For us, the value of Calendly is brilliant since we are working in multiple timezones. Even in the same or similar timezones, Calendly reduces the time spent trying to find mutually beneficial times to connect with employees, customers, and suppliers. The ability to set your availability and let it fill up according to the availability of others means a radical boost in productivity.
I have never used support as I've not needed it; I imagine, from the use of the product, that service would be good.
Ryan Watson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I love Calendly and can't survive without it! With Calendly, I can source candidates quicker, and get them on my calendar with ease! I've been using it for a few years now, and even though I have access to other interview scheduling tools, this one will never go away!
  • Easy Scheduling of Interviews
  • Outlook Integration
  • Jobite Integration would be nice
  • Android Mobile App would be nice
If you need to schedule appointments without the back and forth, Calendly is your solution. If you are a person who emails or texts back in forth for days trying to get things scheduled, this will solve that problem. There isn't a negative for this product if it's something you need.
I rated the support a ten because I've never needed support. That speaks for itself.
Dhruv Khattar | TrustRadius Reviewer
I personally use Calendly to enable my clients to schedule time with me and use further integrations with Zoom to set up a video conference bridge as well. Since I adopted it, my colleague has adopted it as well.
I also support clients who may want to use it for their own needs, to set it up and integrate it with other necessary processes.
Until one can get to a job level where they can afford a personal assistant (if at all), this is an excellent way of reclaiming time from pointless emails back-and-forth in finding availability. Additionally, it helps me to get the most out of my time since clients can claim every bit of time that'd be available on my calendar (within my defined criteria).
  • User experience
  • Appointment Scheduling
  • Gaps in group scheduling
Calendly is very useful for individuals that schedule meetings frequently with folks outside of their organization.
I've also helped clients implement it in scenarios where they want to enable customers to visit them for their services etc. although Acuity etc. might be more functional on that front.
Calendly may not be particularly useful if your customers/stakeholders are internal to your org. and can see your calendar via Outlook/GSuite.
ClearCompany is a straightforward solution with minimum investments required for setup, a great (simple) user experience, and excellent ROI. The group scheduling features can be occasionally useful. In a time when people are trying to minimize their volume of email, it's an excellent tool to help!
I particularly recommend it for independent, small/medium-sized professionals where they have a lot of control over their own schedule.