Calendly Reviews

Jose F. Gomez | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 09, 2020

Let Calendly be your personal assistant

We use Calendly across a few different teams to help people share their calendar availability so that anyone can book a time to talk to them. It's especially useful for our Sales and Marketing people because they get to know so many people that it's difficult to keep track of names/emails and Calendly simplifies this by providing a unique and easy to remember URL that people can share or put in business cards to enable appointment bookings.
  • Share calendar availability without exposing private events.
  • Keep people up to date with appointment booking updates.
  • People might feel unfamiliarized with using such an automated tool like this.
Calendly works very well with tech-savvy people who understand modern tools and aren't afraid to use them. Whenever I want someone to book some time to meet I can simply share my Calendly link and this way we can avoid an extra call to coordinate agendas.

It works especially well for people with busy agendas that usually struggle when they have to book time, even if it's 30 minutes.
Read Jose F. Gomez's full review
Katya Hill | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

Great and very easy to use product

We used Calendly for a few different things. One was across the organization for getting the meetings scheduled for our Sales Team, and the other was to schedule interviews for our research project. We needed to collect interviews and make sure that we could send out the information ahead of it with notes.
  • Easy to schedule and organize.
  • User-friendly interface.
  • Easy to add notes and get questions answered.
  • Easier to integrate with Google Calendar.
  • More video conferencing capabilities.
  • Easier notes for follow up emails.
It works well across the board. Our Sales Team loves it because they can avoid the back and forth with a client on scheduling a meeting or a demo. It worked very well for scheduling 50 interviews over 2 weeks for the user research project.
Read Katya Hill's full review
Ryan Berg | TrustRadius Reviewer

Perfect for Simple Scheduling Needs

Used it to schedule appointments with consulting clients and prospective clients.
  • Easy to schedule calls.
  • Syncs to Google calendar.
  • Clearly mark available times for meetings.
  • Native Gmail integration might be cool.
  • Their Chrome app was a bit clunky.
  • Expanding their functionality, but the simplicity is also one of their best selling points.
Works great for simple calendar management and scheduling needs, when synced with Google calendar or similar. Not really meant to be more than that, I don't think. Definitely more feature rich options if you're looking for a fully integrated CRM, etc.
Read Ryan Berg's full review
Mandy Olson | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 09, 2020

Take the time and effort out of scheduling!

Calendly is used heavily by our Customer Experience and User Experience teams to coordinate interviews and user testing with our members. Before Calendly, we were using the outdated method of "I have X, Y, Z available. Do any of these times work for you?" The trouble with that is by the time we heard back from our members, X and Z had already been booked and we'd have to start the whole process again.
  • Sending reminders on our behalf.
  • Syncing to our calendars so we do not have to try and keep things updated.
  • Allowing us to create unique and personalized invitations.
  • Allowing us to add a location to the invitation.
  • Users can change their date and time if they need to and we don't have to be involved with trying to set something new up.
  • It is very basic, which is great for users but it could look a bit more exciting.
Calendly works wonders for anyone that is trying to set up appointments with anyone out of their organization. It has really helped us to avoid a lot of back and forth with our members and we don't have to worry about sending reminders. Since we started using Calendly the number of no-shows has certainly decreased.
Read Mandy Olson's full review
Lance Stange | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 22, 2020

Calendly: time multiplier

HUGE bang for the buck! Calendly saves a tremendous amount of time and frustration when scheduling meetings. AND my prospects/clients love using it. I get compliments a lot about how slick it works. The integration with Zoom/Webex is a huge value-add as well, automatic meeting scheduling and rescheduling with a click, what more could you need? Love it!
  • Automated Scheduling
  • Automated Rescheduling
  • Mass changes, e.g. change an element across multiple events.
Any time you are trying to schedule meetings! It's not well suited for those that do not maintain their calendars well. That being said, I have found that Calendly enforces good calendar management.
Read Lance Stange's full review
Natasha Sandhu | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 20, 2020

Calendly efficiently provides scheduling for meetings to employees and departments.

Calendly is used between employees to help organize meeting dates/times, make sure no meetings in other departments overlap, and to ensure we are reminded about our meetings in our calendars. This helps keep departments more organized and work efficiently to keep all meetings in one place. We can also intertwine department meetings through Calendly, so we can invite anyone/whoever we need to join the meeting, even from outsourced companies.
  • Calendly shows you in a grid-like structure which meetings are when and at what time so you can stay organized.
  • It also helps by giving you the option to show a range of times that you are available, so whoever is receiving your invite can pick from a selection of times/dates that work best for them as well. This helps reduce back and forth emails about scheduling.
  • Calendly could combine people's schedules so you can organize timing better.
  • Calendly could also combine other department's schedules together that so you don't accidentally book the same meeting rooms.
I recommend a 9, as it is an exceptional tool for the workplace (or even personally if you work at home and want to stay organized with your outside resources). There is always room for improvement, especially on organizational platforms such as Calendly, as even though it's a great tool, I can see why more offices would use tools, such as Microsoft Outlook Calendar. Our office uses a mixture of both.
Read Natasha Sandhu's full review
Andrea Vahoua | TrustRadius Reviewer

A Great Product That Has Positively Affected My Workflow

Our entire company uses Calendly to schedule calls and meetings with candidates and clients. It eliminates the back and forth of attempting to get someone's availability and trying to connect. From the CEO to our junior recruiters, we all use it daily. They are even a client of ours for recruitment.
  • Streamlined scheduling.
  • Quicker response times.
  • Calendar reminders are only available on certain plans.
  • Limited use for free users.
At times, people can be a bit put off by the thought of having to "put something on your calendar" if you are the one trying to meet with them, but it really is just in the way that you phrase or explain to them that this is to save time on both sides. It's super great for anyone in sales or recruitment for sure.
Read Andrea Vahoua's full review
Nicole Ronchetti | TrustRadius Reviewer

Calendly Is a Lifesaver

I use Calendly for almost all of my scheduling needs, whether it be to schedule a time to connect in with a client and address a support issue, or to do a sales demo/discovery call. It really helps me to connect with my clients more quickly and easily.
  • Ease of use
  • Saves time
  • Would like to be able to have a way to propose times for a group of clients
Calendly is useful in most all scheduling situations, except for when I need to coordinate a time with multiple parties and I need to know everyone's availability.
Read Nicole Ronchetti's full review
Brad Price | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 20, 2020

It will get the job done with minimal fuss!

The international nature of our business involves lots of timezones, as we deal with clients, contractors, and employees all over the world. The use of Calendly thoroughly simplifies our scheduling, whether for interviews, meetings, problem-solving, sales calls, and customer catch-ups. Knowing that availability in your own timezone can be set and viewed locally by another timezone is awesome. The integration to your calendar app is also great, reducing extra clicks and manual timezone calculation.
  • Automatic timezone updates
  • Set and change your availability
  • Schedule setting can be a bit cumbersome, with lots of clicks
For us, the value of Calendly is brilliant since we are working in multiple timezones. Even in the same or similar timezones, Calendly reduces the time spent trying to find mutually beneficial times to connect with employees, customers, and suppliers. The ability to set your availability and let it fill up according to the availability of others means a radical boost in productivity.
Read Brad Price's full review
McKay Salisbury | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 19, 2020

Calendly makes my life so much easier, no more back and forth, and many fewer time zone mixups

I use Calendly mostly for sales, but also anytime I need to set up a phone call. If a company wants to talk to me about potentially becoming a client, I send them my link and they just book a call on my calendar. I also use it to set up interviews, calls with clients, and booking requests from our website.
  • Integration with my Calendar - Calendly automatically integrates with multiple Google Calendars very well. I've never had a mix up where someone booked a call and I was already busy with something else. As long as you keep your calendar updated, it'll be fine.
  • Easy link sharing - the web pages are easy to use, I haven't had anyone confused about the process. Also, the chrome extension makes it really easy to share my Calendly links.
  • Easy setup of events, reminders, and everything else that is needed - It's really quite easy to use, once you set it up once, it just always works!
  • Integration with Join.me - You can just put the Join.me link in the invites, but an actual integration with Join.me would be nice. They have integrations with GoToMeeting and Zoom, but I don't like those because client's have to download something to be able to join the meetings, Join.me only requires a browser.
Calendly is seriously so useful and easy, my only regret is not using it earlier.
Read McKay Salisbury's full review
Ryan Watson | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 17, 2020

If you need to simplify scheduling for phone interviews or in person appointments, this is your tool!

I love Calendly and can't survive without it! With Calendly, I can source candidates quicker, and get them on my calendar with ease! I've been using it for a few years now, and even though I have access to other interview scheduling tools, this one will never go away!
  • Easy Scheduling of Interviews
  • Outlook Integration
  • Jobite Integration would be nice
  • Android Mobile App would be nice
If you need to schedule appointments without the back and forth, Calendly is your solution. If you are a person who emails or texts back in forth for days trying to get things scheduled, this will solve that problem. There isn't a negative for this product if it's something you need.
Read Ryan Watson's full review
Dhruv Khattar | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 17, 2020

An excellent, simple solution to reclaim your time

I personally use Calendly to enable my clients to schedule time with me and use further integrations with Zoom to set up a video conference bridge as well. Since I adopted it, my colleague has adopted it as well.
I also support clients who may want to use it for their own needs, to set it up and integrate it with other necessary processes.
Until one can get to a job level where they can afford a personal assistant (if at all), this is an excellent way of reclaiming time from pointless emails back-and-forth in finding availability. Additionally, it helps me to get the most out of my time since clients can claim every bit of time that'd be available on my calendar (within my defined criteria).
  • User experience
  • Appointment Scheduling
  • Gaps in group scheduling
Calendly is very useful for individuals that schedule meetings frequently with folks outside of their organization.
I've also helped clients implement it in scenarios where they want to enable customers to visit them for their services etc. although Acuity etc. might be more functional on that front.
Calendly may not be particularly useful if your customers/stakeholders are internal to your org. and can see your calendar via Outlook/GSuite.
Read Dhruv Khattar's full review
Chris Labatt | TrustRadius Reviewer

Calendly provides scheduling simplicity

We use it to schedule sales calls for our sales team and also for our onboarding team to schedule onboarding times. In addition, when we attend events we use it to schedule meetings with customers, prospects, and partners at the event. It simplifies the process of connecting with others and reduces the normal back and forth that occurs when trying to find an acceptable common meeting time.
  • Great at collaborating to find a common meeting time that works for everyone.
  • Good at distributing meeting responsibility to multiple internal team members.
  • While it supports systems like Zapier, direct integration with third-party apps is limited.
  • Styling of your calendar isn't really available, so when you embed it into your website you have limited options due to it being an iframe.
We've found the best scenario for Calendly is when you want to include a link in your email signature or within the email body for people to schedule time with you. It greatly simplifies this process. However, if you are looking to integrate Calendly into your website or integrate it into multi-step processes it's not quite as easy or sufficient. For example, when creating a form for scheduling a demo that first requires collecting info on the prospect and then scheduling the meeting things become more difficult. Another issue - Calendly does not support creating hidden fields that can be passed information when the scheduling page is called. This makes it difficult to pass along information on how the individual arrived at the scheduling page. So it's great for individual and group use, but for website integration it needs some work.
Read Chris Labatt's full review
Jeremy Chapa | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 13, 2020

A great product with great value

Calendly is used by our Recruiting team to schedule initial phone screens with applicants. It saves our team a lot of time. We give the candidates a better experience by allowing them to schedule their own appt at their convenience.
  • User-friendly
  • Simple
  • It is so simple that sometimes I wish it had more instructions.
  • Figure out a way to offer scheduling for multiple people at once.
Better when it is limited to scheduling one person only vs. a panel of interviews.
Read Jeremy Chapa's full review
Matt Heerema | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 13, 2020

Calendly spares us from hours of tedious schedule coordination! Absolutely critical tool.

Calendly is being used across our entire agency to vastly streamline the appointment scheduling process for team meetings as well as client consultations, sales, and support meetings. I have even started using it personally to schedule lunch or coffee with people who want to meet up locally. Instead of dozens of emails going back and forth to try and find a mutually available time slot, the available times on our end are automatically displayed to the invitee, allowing them to select whatever available slot works for them. It has turned dozens of interactions into a single interaction. A real lifesaver.
  • Shows all available meeting times to invitees in an easy to use interface.
  • Block out available times, lets you control "quiet zones" in your week when you can't be interrupted.
  • Needs the ability for invitee to import their calendar and auto-suggest meeting dates.
  • Could use more "round robin" voting on potential dates (like Doodle).
If you are finding yourself constantly scheduling meetings (consultation, sales, support, counseling, etc) this is an absolutely essential tool. The primary call to action on our business website is to set up a consultation, which right now is the top of our sales funnel. This makes that interaction seamless. It is also excellent for current clients who need to get in touch and talk through issues. You are able to block out available meeting times so you can control your week's flow and are not constantly bombarded with a decision chain of what hours you allow meetings to be booked, and then what dates are best for everyone, you make those decisions proactively and give the client the free-reign choice of when they'd like to meet.
Read Matt Heerema's full review
Mark Rueckert | TrustRadius Reviewer

Calendly is Awesome!

Our entire sales department uses this to help manage meetings with new and existing customers.
  • Schedule meetings - I am able to share a link with anyone that wants to set up a time to meet with me and they are able to see my available time on the calendar. And then schedule a time to meet with me.
  • Manage my schedule - I am able to set certain hours that I've never available and certain times of day that I will allow meetings. This helps me to be able to balance and manage my schedule.
  • UX design - I've never felt that their interface was beautifully designed. I believe they could make it a little more flashy but still stick with a simple undertone.
  • Email reminders - I would love it if I could have email reminders sent to my customers that are going to meet with me with details about the call.
I believe Calendly is an awesome tool for any person who deals with a lot of back-and-forth emails trying to schedule a time to meet. Their free version is more than enough for a small sales team. I believe Calendly has nailed this software.
Read Mark Rueckert's full review
Joseph Brown, PhD., CFEd®️ | TrustRadius Reviewer

Calendly - Appointment Setting on Steroids

Calendly is used daily in all departments internally and externally with our B to B and B to C interactions. It helps us to easily and effortlessly schedule meetings, trainings, etc. between management and staff both individually and collectively. In the area of training, it is quite effective to use Calendly in a round-robin style to schedule with people during their availability. However, I find it most useful when I’m dealing with clients whether directly over the phone, text, or email or indirectly through social media, landing pages, and/or email. It solves the problem of managing the types and number of appointments so I can focus on spending time profitably. It goes without saying that it is the most convenient way of scheduling. It also is very efficient at sending reminders giving people an opportunity to reschedule if life happens or save you from time wasters that aren’t serious yet.
  • Allows for multiple appointment types to help us show our clients we have multiple services.
  • Can qualify the prospect (appoint maker) with questions to narrow down the meeting focus or qualify the prospect.
  • I think it would be great to have sub-appointment types. Often times it’s too confusing to put every single appointment type out there and having categories that get more specific that are dynamic and change according to what the appointment setter chooses. For example, if someone was scheduling a health insurance appointment instead of having appointments for Medicare, Group, individual, dental, critical illness, etc. They could select Healthcare, then see option of Medicare, Individual, or Group and so one from there.
  • I would also like it to have a feature that doesn’t show all your availability at one time and does random increments. We never want to look too available. It would be cool to show 3-4 times spread out for one person then show different times for another. Additionally, it doesn’t allow the person to have a choice when you have Zoom integrated. So often there can be confusion in knowing if they are logging in or expecting a call or calling us.
It’s great for B to B and B to C meetings and works for c-level and training too, even in groups. It works with multiple calendars as well. I use both Mac Calendar and Gmail. It may be less appropriate for business that uses ranges instead of exact times. People always expect you to be there at the first moment the range starts.
Read Joseph Brown, PhD., CFEd®️'s full review
Kate Knight | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 07, 2020

Schedule like a CHAMP with Calendly!

We use Calendly in several different ways within our organization. We use it to keep track of all the moving parts within our company, as we have several different programs running all at once, employees are typically scattered throughout the area we serve. We can easily see where other case managers are at any given time, and also easily update the schedule remotely. I personally also use it to schedule one on one appointments with my clients as well as partnering agencies. Everyone has a crazy schedule nowadays, Calendly makes it easy to keep track of all these appointments.
  • The BEST thing about Calendly is how it links to your Outlook, making all your information quick and easy to locate.
  • The automatic scheduler is fantastic as well; personal agenda automatically makes it, so meeting times are blocked out for my clients.
  • The only thing I would say is to allow for more customization. But because of the efficient job Calendly is doing, I would say this is a very fine detail I can hardly complain about.
If you are juggling multiple clients, with interviews, one on one appointments, as well as working with referring agencies or a large company, this is the service for you! Keeps things well organized and easily accessible to all who need it.
Read Kate Knight's full review
Austin Voigt | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 05, 2020

Calendly Is Cool

Calendly is currently being used by my team to sync schedules and tasks quickly and easily, and automatically set up plans/meetings/sprints for our initiatives as a team. It would be great if our entire company used this product cross-team, and I think we’re working towards that future state. Calendly is like a project manager for us.
  • Automation
  • Organization
  • More user-friendly interface
  • Less glitchy
Calendly is excellent for teams that have many different people wearing many different hats for many different clients and points of contact all at the same time. It helps ensure things get scheduled and completed, and that everyone is on the same page. If you have a lot of people, a lot of schedules, and a lot of tasks, it’ll help your team.
Read Austin Voigt's full review
Wesley Jordan | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 10, 2019

Seamless Meeting Management!

We have an interview team of 15 users that video-screen roughly 20 applicants a week. Calendly is a great option for applicants to easily match-up their schedules with one of our interviewers. This is way more efficient than an endless chain of emails trying to match the right applicant with the right interviewer. Calendly just does it all for you!
  • Automatically integrates with our Gmail calendars and shows applicants possible slots they can schedule an interview.
  • Easily allows rescheduling.
  • Provides text message and email reminders before the interview starts.
  • Sometimes misreads/ignores all-day events and accidentally schedules events on days that should be blocked-off.
  • The event-assignment algorithm is sometimes unpredictable where it assigns several interviews to one person but none to the other even though their availability is the same.
It's great when you're dealing with a lot of different people and schedules that are internal and external from your organization. It's also great that you can arrange for both online and in-person meetings. It honestly replaces the need for a scheduling role in the office. It's probably less helpful if you're just looking for an internal meeting management system.
Read Wesley Jordan's full review
Samantha Crawford | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

Easily schedule your next client meeting or appointment with Calendly!

Calendly allows me to create calendars of availability for specific events for my business, and it automatically coordinates with my personal calendars to block off times I am already busy.
  • Easy to use.
  • I love that it automatically sync with my personal calendars to block off unavailable times.
  • Clients also love it.
  • More personalization options for colors and fonts.
  • Cant think of anything else.
It is great for scheduling meetings or events with clients without the need for the back-and-forth chitchat about availability. You just send them the link, and Calendly is always synced with all my personal calendars to auto block times off my calendar I already have something going on!
Read Samantha Crawford's full review
Forrest Tuten | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 13, 2020

Calendly easily beats all other calendar apps

We are currently using it to automate our scheduling, giving the prospective client control while also reducing our backend work for appointment setting.
  • Cleanliness
  • User-friendly
  • Chat support as in making it easier to reach Calendly support.
It's on our website, in my emails, and I share via text. It's great because I give my meeting partners control of when we meet. But because I set the parameters of when I'm willing to meet, I'm ultimately in the driver seat.
Read Forrest Tuten's full review
Sarah Bandy | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 29, 2020

Calendly is Not All That

I generally use Calendly in order to integrate calendars and process invitations with my team and with colleagues. I think I'm the one that uses it most often, but our Program Director also uses it to organize and invite folks to meetings. Originally, I signed up with Calendly to try out a new method for meetings and see how it worked.
  • Calendly has a satisfying and easy-to-use invite option in order to schedule meetings.
  • Scheduling becomes easier when all of your invitations come from one place.
  • The interface is simple and easy to use.
  • I'm still not sure it does scheduling any better than Google Calendar.
  • Calendly could use improvement on its pricing platform. I'm not sure the value is worth it.
  • It can be clumsy when trying to loop in new users.
Honestly, I'm really not totally sure that Calendly solves any problem that we have any better than the free Google Calendar does. More people use Google Calendar, so inherently when I accept invitations it goes into that initially anyway, and then is uploaded into Calendly. It might just be a sort of unnecessary third party [app].
Read Sarah Bandy's full review
March 15, 2020

Simple, dependable way to book appointments

I've used Calendly off and on for about 3 years. I most often use it to set up appointments with existing customers for product interviews. These interviews may include other members of my team. It is fairly difficult to try and arrange this manually - lots of back and forth with the customer. Calendly makes that super easy - I create a shared appointment calendar for anyone I want to include, and send the link to my customer. They can then pick any available appointment slots.
  • Great for setting up external meetings.
  • Particularly good if you have multiple people from your organization that you want to include.
  • Has all of the settings and configurations that you might need - I haven't run into a problem that I couldn't solve yet.
  • The user experience has always been it's downfall, particularly when you want to set up appointments with multiple people from your team. It just isn't intuitive.
Calendly is great when you want to book appointments with someone outside your organization. Once you set up your appointment slots, you can just hand out the link to anyone.
March 02, 2020

You will love Calendly!

I used Calendly to set up almost all of my calls with leads. Prior to using Calendly, setting up a simple call with a prospect used to involve both of us going back and forth on emails until we could nail down a time that worked for both of us. Calendly has a very elegant solution to that. I set up my availability of calls or meetings with clients in my Calendly account and then I just send them a link and ask them to pick a time that works for us. It integrates both with my Zoom account and my Outlook account. That means when a client picks a time they automatically get Zoom details for the call and the meeting gets added to my Outlook Calendar. And it automatically converts for time zones. It is absolutely AMAZING!
  • The integrations with Zoom and Outlook are flawless. It works beautifully with both of them.
  • It is easy for my leads to pick a time slot as well since it automatically converts for their time zone. No more missed meetings.
  • It is very easy for people to book a meeting. Two clicks and they are done.
  • The first time I set up it, it took a little bit of trial and error to figure things out. Their interface is a little confusing.
  • Sometimes their Outlook Plugin crashes. You have to manually launch it again.
If you spend a lot of time setting up meetings, calls or conferences then this is an absolute lifesaver. You will love Calendly. It will save you a lot of headaches and eliminate a whole lot of useless email trails. The one scenario I cant see this being useful is if your day to day work doesn't involve interfacing a lot with other people or jumping on calls etc.

About Calendly

Calendly is appointment scheduling software from the company of the same name in Atlanta, Georgia.

Calendly Technical Details