https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/ZC/qV/I4ZO63AC2J5Z.PNGRobust offering with room for improvementBullhorn is mainly used by the Talent Acquisition team to track all candidates, job orders, and the hub collecting all documentation and information on interviews and our internal process. Recruiters will add candidates to the system, link them to jobs we're working, move them in the pipeline based on where they are in our internal process, add their resume and supporting documents to their files tab, and record all interviews, notes, feedback, and communication we have with candidates. We also create all our own job descriptions and create the jobs in Bullhorn.,Inhaling resumes from Word documents - field mapping is about 80+% accurate and will check for duplicates before savings. Adding notes is very easy and can be categorized based on the type of interaction it is: email, text, phone call, etc. Integrations with many 3rd party vendors that are already widely used by recruiting and staffing agencies.,Reporting: out of the box reporting is not very detailed or easy to navigate. In order to get better detailed and specific reports, you either need their Canvas product or pay for a 3rd party vendor. Customization: will get better with NOVO Experience update, but many users still don't have it. Right now many fields and order are not customizable Many features Bullhorn can do are not apparent to the user, often times you have to call in the figure things out.,8,It's really the only ATS to use, not only because they're the biggest (they also keep buying smaller software companies), but also because of all their integrations.,PCRecruiter,Microsoft Office 2016, Microsoft Office 365Fantastic Recruitment-Focused CRM SystemBullhorn is our current CRM and it helps out with finding and adding candidates. It is a very well put database for us. Bullhorn is being used across Procom in its entirety. As of right now, not sure of any ploblems. It does lag a lot though causing us not being able to use it effectively at times.,It tracks our candidate and client interaction with great detail. I like the Bullhorn for email function - instead of sending an email via Outlook and then having to copy and paste it into BH, BH will open Outlook email for me and then automatically place a copy of the email in the recipients BH profile. BH will parse resumes received via email - lessening the amount of information manually added.,Creating reports - I have ones that were created by BH but I cannot change the specifications to meet my end of the year needs. Cannot create an Excel sheet directly from a tear sheet - I have to save the tear sheet then go into the search bar and search for the name of the tear sheet in order to download it as a CSV file. Cannot print task lists - I had to create a ticket and they showed me a workaround.,10,It is easy to manage the recruited staff,Bullhorn CRM,Skype for Business, IBM Analytics Engine, IBM Business Process ManagerBullhorn ReviewWe use Bullhorn as our primary Applicant Tracking System. We input all of our candidates into it, make notes regarding candidates, source within it for older candidates for new roles, post and publish our roles within it, etc. It is being used across the whole organization. This allows for us to see every candidate who has ever been contacted and also keep track of our candidates, where they're at in their job search, record when we contacted them and how we contacted them, as well as track where we're at in the recruitment of the jobs we're working.,Very user-friendly and self-explanatory Great at keeping track of candidates, including where we're at in the recruitment process with them and where the candidate is at in their job search Very easy to use in an organization because you can check in on who has contacted what candidate and ensure that you're not double calling candidates,Candidate sourcing is sometimes difficult as the search bar and filters sometimes do not work Glitches a lot - will kick you out often or will not properly parse resumes or upload them Attaching files is sometimes difficult and this feature also seems to glitch often, as well,7,Great tool that makes it very easy to track candidates and provides a great database and way to keep track of roles, candidates and users. Positively effects business because we use this tool for everything - to publish roles, to source, to submit candidates, to track candidates, etc etc Lots of features and ways to keep track of candidates and create tear sheets, etc etc Only negative is that sourcing is sometimes a pain and does not often times provide great results.,Bullhorn is the way to go!Bullhorn is our current CRM and it helps out with finding and adding candidates. A very well put database for us. Bullhorn is being used across Procom in its entirety. As of right now, not sure of any. It does lag a lot though causing us not being able to use it effectively at times.,Addition of candidates and effective candidate database Bullhorn is a great ATS because it is easy to navigate making your workload A LOT easier I used a proprietary ATS at my old job and it was not as efficient as Bullhorn,I think Daxtra search needs to be free and not of charge. Adding costs to everything in BH is getting out of hand I think certain tabs need to have more information added and list of things we can add without having to pay extra for anything Some more effective BH training would be greatly appreciated.,10,My ROI has been great because it saves me time when looking for a candidate and at the end of the day, time is money. When Bullhorn glitches or lags, it messes up my momentum especially if a job needs submissions and is getting halted around the same time Overall, Bullhorn has made a huge and positive impact for my recruiting.,Salesforce Analytics CloudThe Good, The Bad and The UglyWe use Bullhorn CRM across our whole organization. It helps streamline our candidate intake, interview and job placement process. It also helps us organize our clients. As an admin, it helps me keep track of who is interviewing and when. It links with Outlook so all emails can be sent via Bullhorn (BH) and automatically documented in the appropriate place i.e., candidate file or client file.,It tracks our candidate and client interaction with great detail. I like the Bullhorn for email function - instead of sending an email via Outlook and then having to copy and paste it into BH, BH will open Outlook email for me and then automatically place a copy of the email in the recipients BH profile. BH will parse resumes received via email - lessening the amount of information manually added.,Creating reports - I have ones that were created by BH but I cannot change the specifications to meet my end of the year needs. Cannot create an Excel sheet directly from a tear sheet - I have to save the tear sheet then go into the search bar and search for the name of the tear sheet in order to download it as a CSV file. Cannot print task lists - I had to create a ticket and they showed me a workaround.,7,I haven't been in this role long enough to answer,Taleo,Agile-1 AccelerationVMS, Fieldglass VMS,9,,Tracking candidates Tracking clients Tracking Jobs,8
Bullhorn Recruitment CRM

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Reviews

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM
Top Rated Award
Filter 71 vetted Bullhorn Recruitment CRM reviews and ratings
June 22, 2018

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Review: "Robust offering with room for improvement"

• Inhaling resumes from Word documents - field mapping is about 80+% accurate and will check for duplicates before savings.
  • Adding notes is very easy and can be categorized based on the type of interaction it is: email, text, phone call, etc.
  • Integrations with many 3rd party vendors that are already widely used by recruiting and staffing agencies.
  • Reporting: out of the box reporting is not very detailed or easy to navigate. In order to get better detailed and specific reports, you either need their Canvas product or pay for a 3rd party vendor.
  • Customization: will get better with NOVO Experience update, but many users still don't have it. Right now many fields and order are not customizable
  • Many features Bullhorn can do are not apparent to the user, often times you have to call in the figure things out.
Bullhorn is only appropriate for staffing/recruiting agencies, or internal corporate recruiters. It is made to track jobs, candidates, placements, and is not well suited for any other scenario. Bullhorn integrates with other, more robust software for sales and leads gen, but itself is not a sales or lead gen tool. Bullhorn works best when you integrate with the other services you're already using, like your background screening vendor, phone service, or other analytics tools.
Read Ingrid Reyes's full review
July 10, 2018

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Review: "Fantastic Recruitment-Focused CRM System"

• It tracks our candidate and client interaction with great detail.
  • I like the Bullhorn for email function - instead of sending an email via Outlook and then having to copy and paste it into BH, BH will open Outlook email for me and then automatically place a copy of the email in the recipients BH profile.
  • BH will parse resumes received via email - lessening the amount of information manually added.
  • Creating reports - I have ones that were created by BH but I cannot change the specifications to meet my end of the year needs.
  • Cannot create an Excel sheet directly from a tear sheet - I have to save the tear sheet then go into the search bar and search for the name of the tear sheet in order to download it as a CSV file.
  • Cannot print task lists - I had to create a ticket and they showed me a workaround.
It tracks candidates, clients and jobs very well. There are some areas though, that have too many steps or are overly complicated like not being to print a task list, but I can print a job list or candidate list. In order to print a task list, I have to select all, then copy and paste it into an Excel sheet.
Read Daniel Rangel's full review
June 22, 2018

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM: "Bullhorn Review"

• Very user-friendly and self-explanatory
  • Great at keeping track of candidates, including where we're at in the recruitment process with them and where the candidate is at in their job search
  • Very easy to use in an organization because you can check in on who has contacted what candidate and ensure that you're not double calling candidates
  • Candidate sourcing is sometimes difficult as the search bar and filters sometimes do not work
  • Glitches a lot - will kick you out often or will not properly parse resumes or upload them
  • Attaching files is sometimes difficult and this feature also seems to glitch often, as well
BH is very user-friendly and easy to be trained on. It provides a good space for tracking candidates and is great for notes regarding candidates. However, there are many glitches in the system and instances in which these great features do not always work as they are meant to. Also, the candidate sourcing pool does not prove very effective and it is hard to delete candidates once they've been inputted into the system.
Read Alexa Betze's full review
June 21, 2018

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Review: "Bullhorn is the way to go!"

• Addition of candidates and effective candidate database
  • Bullhorn is a great ATS because it is easy to navigate making your workload A LOT easier
  • I used a proprietary ATS at my old job and it was not as efficient as Bullhorn
  • I think Daxtra search needs to be free and not of charge. Adding costs to everything in BH is getting out of hand
  • I think certain tabs need to have more information added and list of things we can add without having to pay extra for anything
  • Some more effective BH training would be greatly appreciated.
Bullhorn tracks my applications and submittals. It is a very effective tool if you use it correctly. Sometimes the glitching and lagging can be annoying and I think that needs to improve.
Read Isaac Castelan (LION)'s full review
June 19, 2018

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Review: "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly"

• It tracks our candidate and client interaction with great detail.
It tracks candidates, clients and jobs very well. There are some areas though, that have too many steps or are overly complicated like not being to print a task list, but I can print a job list or candidate list. In order to print a task list, I have to select all, then copy and paste into an Excel sheet.
Read Monica Claypool's full review
June 28, 2018

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Review: "Fantastic Recruitment focused CRM System"

Bullhorn is our CRM and Applicant Tracking systems for the recruitment arm of our business. We have been using Bullhorn for about 5 years, and have seen lots of innovation and changes in the software in this time. Because of the integrations with other software, it is also used by finance / HR and our services arm to manage contractors, invoicing and time-sheeting.
  • The marketplace of integrations with other software is a great bonus, allowing us to leverage Bullhorn across departments to manage from start to finish our contractors
  • Constantly evolving and progressing the software, building upon past versions and improving the design and functionality based on customer feedback
  • An app for phones would be a great bonus, as the mobile browser version isnt particularly user friendly on a small screen
Brilliant as a full service recruitment platform. Where it hasnt worked so well is on the IT Services side of our business. We tried to look at Bullhorn for this so we could have one system across the business, but the functionality is to Recruitment focused to make it viable
Read Darren Weeks's full review
June 22, 2018

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM: "Bullhorn ATS & CRM Review"

Bullhorn is used across the organization. We use it for sales opportunity tracking, as well as applicant tracking, and employee on-boarding.
  • It's easily customizable.
  • They have one of the best support teams of any software vendor I've done business with.
  • The search capabilities are unmatched.
  • I'd love to be able to automatically email candidates when we mark them as "not qualified" or "not a fit" for a role.
  • I am ready for the back office and on-boarding product to get a UI facelift. I've heard it's on the way!
  • I would love to have a mobile app that employees could use to submit their time sheets. They can use the mobile version of the website, which is fine, but it would be great to have this functionality in the mobile app.
Bullhorn is well suited for medium to large scale companies. They integrate with a variety of different vendors, offering different software solutions for your business.
Read Donald King, PMP's full review
January 19, 2018

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Review: "Good - Not Great"

We use Bullhorn every day to keep track of all of our clients and candidates.
  • List views are good
  • Everything is a la carte, and something you want you have to go through a 3rd party.
  • It's very expensive.
  • It goes down a lot, or something gets glitchy.
November 27, 2017

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Review: "One Stop Shop for CRM"

Bullhorn was used on both the Recruitment and Sales side of our organization. It allows both divisions to effectively communicate with each other with no downtime waiting for a call or email back. For onboarding, payroll and human resource related questions it was very easy to navigate and see where someone left off if an issue needed to be escalated. Very easy tool for tracking, potential and current clients as well as candidates.
  • Management Reports
  • Recruitment Reports
  • Sales Reports
  • Forecasting Reports
  • If there is a chain of commands that need signatures, it would be nice to be able to push the document through instead of a hard copy.
  • Sometimes the drop-down functions don't match exact scenarios, it would be nice to be able to edit OTHER with an explanation.
  • It would be nice to connect the Recruitment side, to match when a candidate is added to the database by another recruiter but is actually a skill match for a requirement that you have been assigned to as the primary recruiter.
  • Being able to assign who is the Primary Recruiter, especially if working on a team of Recruiters
I believe Bullhorn would be a strong benefit to add to any organization. I have used many different CRMs for Recruitment, Sales, and Human Resources. I find Bullhorn to be the easiest to cross train a team when not in the same office. I find it to be very user-friendly and even if you are not a technical guru, the step-by-step process is broken down and very easy for anyone at any level to use. I believe it could be used improperly if taking the notes to court against someone and therefore anyone that has access to enter notes, needs to be taught that anything entered into the system can and will be used as a legal document. I believe there should be training on what is considered appropriate terminology and what is forbidden or frowned upon.
Read Catherine Soto's full review
October 10, 2017

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Review: "Looking to get candidate's attention? Best to use a Bullhorn!"

My firm uses Bullhorn on a daily basis in order to track, update, and manage our candidate pipeline. The best part of Bullhorn Recruitment CRM is how it automates a lot of the processes that normally took our recruiting staff hours. Tearsheets, automatic reminders, and advanced search tools mean we're connecting with the right people, more quickly.
  • Automation
  • Stability
  • Flexibilty
  • Lack of Admin Tools
  • Reporting Rigidity
Bullhorn Recruitment CRM is best suited to manage candidate pipelines and client workflows. The application keeps account managers and recruiters completely up to date on how multiple interviews and submittals are working and the dashboard does a magnificent job of providing managers a snapshot of their team's performance.
Read Matt Brosseau's full review
November 29, 2017

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Review: "Highly Recommend Bullhorn!"

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM is currently being used by our whole organization. I worked within recruitment for a staffing agency and so this tool was critical in addressing many different problems. It allows us to have an internal database of every candidate we interact with and the ability to keep notes and resumes in the system for years to come.
  • Bullhorn allows for multiple users to edit a profile. For example, if I meet with Joe Johnson, I can upload his resume and my colleague who might meet with him 3 months down the line can go into his profile and edit t update his resume.
  • Another thing I feel Bullhorn does well and that is a strength would be the ability to track emails and communication outside of the tool. It does this by using the emails in the system. For example, if I email the candidate from my Outlook, because I emailed the candidate's email address, it is tracked which is awesome because looking through outlook for one email can be a pain!
  • Easy to use! We have different offices across the country and every new hire is able to use this quickly and efficiently.
  • Duplicate profiles. I think this feature is great but our system has so many duplicate profiles, there should be a way to clean it out and improve this feature to stop duplicates.
  • Freezing. The system will freeze a lot while uploading a new resume or profile. For example,when I upload the resume, the name will disappear and make it so that I have to reenter all of the information.
  • The software is a little clunkly, and although it's a newer version, it seems a bit outdated. While the platform is web-based, it fails to run smoothly through a mobile platform, and often times, the loading times are a little sluggish.
We are trying to reach our candidates as quickly as possible to meet the needs of our clients in the most efficient way. This tool is allowing us to do just that. For example, immediately after meeting with a candidate, I am able to parse their resume and get it into the system to send out to clients. I add my notes to their profile and am all ready to go! Recording necessary information to ensure that all previous phone calls, notes, emails, are safely and accurately reported for future reference is a huge plus.
November 29, 2017

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Review: "Should be called Bull**** instead."

We selected Bullhorn as an upgrade from our prior ATS, Birddog. Having used it before, I was excited for the upgrade, or so I thought. Bullhorn is not great for non-agency recruiting. The big sell was all the customization....they neglect to tell you about training and that you do it all and have no idea how. They said their customer support is amazing, which it is in theory but I unfortunately used it multiple times a day and the answers would often counter prior answers.
  • Willing to help - Many offered help.
  • Sending mass emails - great for email blasts to contacts.
  • Organizing candidates - multiple distribution lists and filters available.
  • Corporate recruiting - nothing supports a simple non-agency option for open jobs.
  • Currency - have currency options available by country vs as a customization.
  • Run through prior to launch - Customize with clients, don't just provide support once it is done incorrectly.
If you are a corporate recruiter - run. When it had broadbean it had better functionality, but to even post a job on your site it has to be customized so much, it's a nightmare.
March 31, 2017

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Review: "Bullhorn CRM grabs recruiters by the horns!"

It was used across the entire organization. Bullhorn was our ATS and we used it to post our jobs, parse candidate resumes (either by the parsing feature or manually) book interviews, enter companies, track notes, conversations, create tasks, close our hires, input splits (sales/recruitment/split commissions), generate an invoice.

Previously we used the email feature, it was our only email system, but then we merged to Outlook company wide but still used Bullhorn as our ATS. Outlook and Bullhorn would connect which made the process of parsing resumes very simple.
  • Most importantly, Bullhorn Recruitment CRM and Outlook were able to communicate, so for example, if a candidate sent a resume in an email via Outlook, we were able to directly parse the CV in Bullhorn and create the candidate's profile.
  • Another interesting feature is that we are able to parse LinkedIn profiles to get a candidate's details. This is actually interesting if you want the candidate created in Bullhorn while you wait for the actual resume. Once you get the actual CV you can directly link it to the candidate who's already created. You don't need to save the CV and then add it.
  • When it comes to client management; Bullhorn Recruitment CRM allows you to create one company and add as many contacts as you wish. You can add notes to each individual contact, create follow-up tasks and even send calendar invites via Bullhorn is you are using the email feature.
  • Although the direct candidate parsing feature is great, until you have the candidate in the Bullhorn system with their email address, the email communication won't sync up even after you enter the email address. It is simply moving froward from the time the email address was input.
  • MaxHire Solutions was acquired by Bullhorn. They have this feature where you can immediately parse via a plug-in a candidate from LinkedIn and create their profile prior to them sending you their resume. This is effective because of candidate ownership. It shows your colleagues and others using the Bullhorn system that you've started communication with a specific candidate and makes it easier to track how many contacts you've had in a given week.
It's well suited for an all-in-one concept to build business relationships and manage contacts across a company, whether it's candidate management or prospect/client management. It's less useful if a company holds different licenses from different divisions where neither can see each other's prospects/clients, which was the case when I was using Bullhorn at my previous company.
November 04, 2016

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Review: "Bullhorn ATS - Fantastic System!"

I use Bullhorn ATS for recruiting and marketing purposes. It addresses the issues of tracking candidates, organizing information for both candidates and clients, and assisting with both efficiency and productivity. It is used to track and store documents and important files, as well as to allow the entire organization to have access to information.
  • Bullhorn has many functions that could be considered strengths. One in particular is tracking candidates through the recruitment process. Especially useful in determining where we are on projects and searches.
  • Bullhorn has several features that provide recruiters with solid tools - Task Lists, Tear Sheets, Access to information, etc. Fields can be customized and arranged according to the preference of the user. Love it!
  • The easy and simple way to view candidates, prospects, clients, placements, etc. Adding notes, viewing history - are all made simple with Bullhorn.
  • Additional products are available to be integrated with Bullhorn - they are always coming up with new ideas.
  • Even notes are searchable from a candidate or client record.
  • Sometimes the search tool seems to lose functionality - UPDATE - the search tool has been improved. NO complaints.
Bullhorn is the perfect solution for a recruiter who works a full desk. The ability to manage both client and candidate relationships is enhanced with Bullhorn ATS. Its features are a great solution for both the recruiter who works on direct placement, as well as contract or temporary workers. It has specific features that work great for both types of recruiting. Overall - excellent solution for managing relationships and helping to manage work flow and projects.
Read Derek Rose's full review
March 28, 2016

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM: "Bullhorn Review After 1 Year"

We use bullhorn across all sales groups, but currently haven't integrated our back office. It has changed how we recruit and allowed us to put trackable metrics in place to reward new recruiters on metrics other than just placements. We have the basic (out of the box) account but it allows for a ton of custom fields thru the system which we have taken advantage of and it allows us the flexibility to run our small company, with our already in place program, via a out of the box solution. We couldn't be happier with bullhorn from email integration to ability to schedule follow up all the way to the recruiting life style - it saves us hours a day in keeping our candidates and clients in one easy to find place, and keeps us much more organized.
Our biggest issue with our previous system was that it had not been updated in more than 7 years and was impossible to train new users on how to search the database, resulting in many not using it at all. The new database has allowed our recruiters to easily upload (and then find again!) candidates from all recruiting platforms. It also integrates with LinkedIn so we are able to see a candidate's LinkedIn profile right from the system which has allowed us to downgrade our financial spend with LinkedIn.
  • Lifecycle recruiting system - it comes with a easy to follow process for recruiting that allows you to track a candidate thru every step of the recruiting process from discovery to placement.
  • Candidate searches - Bullhorn allows you to do simple searches where you fill in the terms to search and it creates the Boolean string, and allows the user to easily search each field or a set of fields and then sort on those fields. Or for advance Boolean users it allows you to create your own searches.
  • Note creation / tracking - the system automatically creates notes from email tracking tool so all emails are documented, and with one click it allows you to create custom notes which are also searchable.
  • Systems like smart search allow you to integrate careerbuilder, LinkedIn and other candidate databases to the system so you can search all sources via one search and load the resumes directly from that search window to your database. While bullhorn integrates with LinkedIn and allows you to post to careerbuilder (if you have jobs paid for on CB), it only allows you to see profiles of candidates already in your database. It would be nice to see bullhorn add similar features to connect the search function to search other sites.
  • Provide better customer support. The call in support seems like a crapshoot - sometimes you get a knowledge rep but more often you get someone reading from a screen with no knowledge of how the system works. It ends up consuming a lot of time to get s simple answer.
  • Customizable support for the out of the box small business solution. To add custom fields there is a "hosting fee" which means you pay $1500+ for bullhorn to create the field and then $500 per month from there forward to host the fee in your system. Bullhorn is already the most expensive option we explored and in the sales process it was explained that you'd pay to get a customs price but wasn't clear that you'd have to pay such a hefty fee each month to access that custom piece.
It is not cheap! If you are a very small firm - or just do direct hire it's probably not for you. But for a firm that's in a growth stage and wants a tool to help streamline their systems this is a good solution. We probably could have went with a more affordable option and got some benefits like the ability to search multiple platforms but generally speaking the bullhorn interface is much easier to grasp making it much more user friendly for those who aren't as technology savvy, which was important to us.
Read Jessica Rader's full review
February 18, 2016

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Review: "The WORST SERVICE I have experienced in my life, mediocre-to-average software when it works properly"

We were told when we were pricing Bullhorn "Prior to any contract signature, we’d evaluate your database and let you know if any of the fields you currently have would not be brought over via the free migration tool. If we find any fields, we will have a separate conversation on how to get that data into Bullhorn." Yea, that didn't happen and 8 months later we discovered 80K+ records "orphaned" in our database because Bullhorn didn't data map our records from SendOuts, the provider we previously used and that Bullhorn owns. When we called about why this wasn't done, we got the total runaround for almost three hours of the phone being told "I'll have to check your statement of work", "You have to pay extra for that", and finally "I'll call you back", which they didn't and have never done.

I told our account manager what happened and there was NO WAY we were renewing, because Bullhorn failed to hold up their promises from Day 1 and his response was "Please let me know who from our team informed you of the missing records."

So, our data conversion is still not complete, we are currently charged every month for 10 extra licenses that we don't use and that Bullhorn does not provide but will not stop charging us for, our company credit card has been charged twice without our authorization AND our Sales Admin is on the phone 2-3 times a week with Bullhorn Support trying to find missing data or correct a report for at least an hour every call (yesterday was three hours, we're lucky she doesn't quit us with the hassle Bullhorn puts her through). Bullhorn has been the worst vendor experience of my professional life. I have been audited by the IRS and it was easier than dealing with Bullhorn. I expect it will cost us $5-10K to restore the records if we leave IF we get all of our data back from Bullhorn.

And the reporting, the biggest reason we left SendOuts for Bullhorn was advance reporting functionality. Bullhorn's dashboards don't work (does that cost extra too?), you'll have to run 3-5 different reports to get your team's activities and check Bullhorn against their own records as client interviews and candidate prescreens will just disappear. So we have to pay for an additional software, InsightSquared, to sit on top of Bullhorn and provide those dashboards and activity metrics for another $50 a person per month, just to get what we were promised with Bullhorn. Total waste of time and money and a huge regret.

• It's pretty
  • Boolean searchable
  • Drag & drop module formatting
  • Very slow, freezes up multiple time a day.
  • Horrible, horrible service. You will not get called back, you'll be on the phone with them for hours getting transferred or asked repeatedly what you are talking about, even while they are remotely linked in and SEEING WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ON THE SCREEN.
  • Overpromised & underdelivered. You will need to personally check to make sure they do everything they say they will and get everything in writing.
  • Overpriced and you cannot flex users down. Once you add a user, you pay for them for the rest of the contract term, whether you use that license or not.
  • Ineffectual training. You'll get a basic overview, but there are no advanced user videos, user guide or tutorials. If you want Best Practices training, you have to pay for it and I won't since the quality of the service we've received so far has been so low, why would I trust Bullhorn with more?
  • Dashboards do not work. There is no training to set up your dashboards, so best of luck to you!
  • Reporting is clunky, you'll need to run 3-5 reports to track activity (we track 6 things and have to run 3 different reports) and interviews and candidate prescreens disappear randomly.
  • You cannot trust the database when stuff just doesn't show up.
  • You will hear from your sales rep ONLY about selling to you. There is no single point of contact to take care of your problems, you get who you get when you call into support, so you will be having to reexplain the situation over and over and over again.
  • Support team does not care if they fix your problem. They just want you off the phone.
I would never recommend Bullhorn. I would recommend SendOuts if it was still supported. We will likely move to JobScience.
Read Dixie Agostino, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, CPC's full review
September 08, 2015

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Review: "Not what we expected, unfortunately."

Bullhorn ATS is our main recruiting tool. We use it to keep track of all our day-to-day activity and it also acts as a CRM. Therefore, a lot of our email communication happens via Bullhorn, including client contact, candidate updates and booking interviews etc.
  • Cloud system easily accessible
  • Quick search facility (to find specific candidates and client contacts)
  • Good reporting / analytics features
  • Support generally answer the phone quite quickly and are always polite and firendly
  • Some key areas of the system are not customizable, including some very basic functions that you would expect to be. The amount of times we are told by support, "this is the default method and it cannot be changed" is quite disappointing.
  • The layout / workflow in vacancies is poor and not easy to see where you are at with each vacancy.
  • The LinkedIn integration does not work very well. It does not actually cross-reference profiles in LinkedIn & Bullhorn unless a certain link is clicked in every single candidate (even if the email address matches the one in the profile's Linkedin account), so this renders the LinkedIn integration ineffective in many cases. Furthermore, the LinkedIn team information area (aka 'Team activities') in each candidate profile does not populate properly, with information missing or strange text appearing. All in all, it's a poor API.
  • The process for booking interviews is arduous. For example, when in a candidate profile and trying to make an appointment for an interview, it does not populate fields you would expect it to. You even have to find/enter the candidate as an attendee when you're already in that candidate profile! (Sending out vacancy details to candidates is just as clunky. Even from within a vacancy you have to search from within all vacancy documents to find the job spec document that you want to send).
  • The email editor is shockingly bad. It's all too easy to end up sending out client or candidate emails with mixed-up fonts, because in the editor you cannot see what's going on. Also, when adding candidate notes, it does not keep the formatting such as paragraphs, so you end up with notes that don't read particularly well.
  • The 'standard resume' templates are not great and the formatting of CVs can end up looking a bit unprofessional. You are only allowed 2 templates, which is not much good if you have clients that require you to use their own front sheets. We now do all of our CV formatting outside of Bullhorn and then import the finished files into the candidate profile.
I'm not at all convinced it's the best tool out there for an executive search agency. Ostensibly it looks like it will have everything you'd need, but having used it for 4 months the reality is quite different. I would recommend a lengthy testing period (although the test system is limited in what you can actually do). It might be a good system for temp agencies in the U.S., as it's quite 'U.S. centric'.
Read Steve B. Thompson's full review
April 07, 2015

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Review: "Bullhorn?...If You Must, But I Recommend Another Option"

We used Bullhorn as our ATS for our staffing business. We used it to track clients, candidates, and jobs. We used it as a CRM as well as to track candidates through the hiring process with our clients. We also used it as a candidate database. Additionally, jobs from Bullhorn were promoted to our website for posting. It was utilized by our entire company, and helped us understand where candidates were in the recruiting workflow as well as how much revenue and margin we were generating. I have not used iCIMS as an ATS, but I have now used Bullhorn, WinSearch, PC Recruiter, and JobScience. Bullhorn is only better than PC Recruiter, in my opinion.
  • Bullhorn does a good job of including all information that might be relevant. It has a ton of fields and the ability to customize those fields to make sure all data you need is being captured.
  • Bullhorn does a good job of reducing clicks. Most of the information you will need on a given item (candidate, job, client, etc) will be contained within one page.
  • Bullhorn did a pretty good job of integrating with other job posting sites - Bullhorn Reach is a nice product, for example.
  • The biggest area for improvement was in candidate searching. It was very difficult to create effective searches to mine the Bullhorn database for candidates. Results were not organized in a way that was easy to navigate. I ran searches that did NOT turn up candidate resumes which I knew to contain the key words I used in the search.
  • One of the strengths is also a weakness: Sometimes there is too much data in one page. You would have to scroll down many times to get through all the data contained for a particular record. Sometimes reducing clicks isn't the only goal.
  • Bullhorn's uptime, at the time I used it, was not good. We had a terrible time with data loss and with the system simply being down at times.
Bullhorn is a solid, middle of the road ATS, in my opinion. It does some things decently, but nothing great. We switched from Bullhorn to MaxHire, and were instantly amazed at the difference. I have since left that company and use PCRecruiter and JobScience at my current company. In my opinion, for the staffing industry, JobScience is the best ATS I have used. It's integration with Outlook is smooth and functional, the candidate records are easy to navigate, the mobile experience is solid and useful. And perhaps best of all, JobScience is the most flexible and customizable ATS I have used. You can make it do exactly what you want, and the reporting functionality is best in class as well.
Read Elias Cobb's full review
April 07, 2015

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Review: "Bullhorn - THE ATS of choice!"

With my previous companies we used Bullhorn as our company wide ATS and even as an VMS as well. It was used by all recruiters and managers to track candidates, track and post jobs, as well as a VMS to track other agencies we worked with. It addressed the problem of tracking candidates through the recruitment process, that our previous system did not do.
  • Tracking candidates though the recruitment process
  • Managing candidate profiles, eliminated multiple profiles for candidates and keep a good record of that candidates history
  • It was great at keeping track of all correspondence between the candidate and anyone within the company
  • Very configurable, it was great at adapting to our company needs
  • It was great for staffing companies, however it did not have a good back of the house system in regards to HR
  • The servers are managed out of Boston and sometimes there would be delays
It does a great job of making the recruitment process flow in a easy to use manor. It is great with the additions of social media and gives users multiple ways to engage candidates and colleagues.
Read Ryan Hurley CSP's full review
April 07, 2015

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Review: "A Matador Stands No Chance Against Bullhorn ATS"

Yes, the Bullhorn Applicant Tracking System is being used by my entire organization. The problems it addresses are unorganized ATS and confidentiality--both things that Bullhorn ATS excels at.
  • Confidentiality: As a Recruiting company, we need both our clients and candidates to feel safe sending us information.
  • Connectivity: Everything in the Bullhorn ATS connects. Nothing goes untracked and it's so easy to go back and find someone or something that you haven't interacted with in months.
  • Efficiency: Both speed and accuracy are important in my profession, and Bullhorn is made to be efficient. You can access multiple functions from the same page, and gather all the information you need in a short time.
  • Every so often, Bullhorn cannot handle large amounts of data, and freezes. It takes time to reboot the system.
  • I would like to see how Bullhorn ATS works without the email function, if the overall candidate searching and parsing is faster--Email in Bullhorn ATS often prolongs your wait.
  • Although it is a cloud-based software, it can run slow sometimes. I think it is becoming more popular so I hope the next version accommodates that.
It is less appropriate when I am simply screening a candidate. I draw dialogue from my own intuition and Bullhorn ATS is not utilized until after that time.
Read Kristin Calder's full review
March 02, 2015

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Review: "Must be Patient with Bullhorn"

Bullhorn Applicant Tracking System was used by the entire organization at a company I previously worked at. The organization was a recruiting organization and Bullhorn was used to track all of our information on the candidates we recruited, their interviews and progress, and any job orders that came in that the companion was actively recruiting for. Basically, Bullhorn helped us run the whole show from one database the entire company could interact with.
  • Bullhorn allowed us to capture lots of detailed information about the candidates we recruited, as well as track the open job orders they were matched with and notes on their interview progress.
  • Bullhorn allowed us to easily post and edit open job orders the company was working that were then listed on our own web site as well as other job search web sites we had accounts with.
  • Bullhorn was easily accessible for our whole company to use on daily basis, all over the country.
  • Bullhorn provided quick data on our clients and job orders to be used for company reports.
  • While the multiple functionalities were great, Bullhorn as a product was a bit cumbersome to use if you didn't interact with it on a daily basis. It could be easy to get lost in.
  • Bullhorn wasn't incredibly intuitive, especially for those who are not familiar with VMS tools. It was hard for some employees to learn and manage. It is definitely a product that one must take time to learn and use.
Definitely a worth while product if you make sure you take the time to learn it thoroughly. The ideal user will be looking for something that allows for a lot of functionality!

Key questions to ask yourself:

• Do I want a product with many layers of functionality?
  • Do I want a product that allows for a lot of detail on my subject matter?
  • Will all of the users be willing to take the time to learn and interact with Bullhorn?
Read Taylor Dorius's full review
September 04, 2014

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Review: "Grab the Bull-by the-Horn with Bullhorn S Release"

How to sum up our use of Bullhorn in a nutshell? It is the transparent foundation for our Agency's book of business. Think organization, data visualization, accessibility and the added capability to search our candidate database right at our fingertips. Explorers of yore depended on the North Star when no other landmarks were in sight; when the recruiting world has me turned upside down and inside out, I look to Bullhorn as my guiding light. Bullhorn’s streamlined workflow and added functionality from The Bullhorn Marketplace has us covered from front-office to back. Over the past 3 years we've transitioned with ease from a relatively paper based process to a software based solution; we've been able to simplify our time and expense process through the web, broadcast opportunity via Bullhorn Reach and quickly view our open opportunity at the click of a button. Bullhorn truly is our Heads-Up Display as we manage the agency side of full-life cycle recruiting.
  • Bullhorn provides seamless integration with MS Exchange that allows for tracking of in/outbound communication with clients and candidates. Emails are clearly tracked replacing the need to document activity or cross-reference multiple systems in preparation for your next call.
  • Through customization; You can configure Bullhorn to fit your organizations workflow, naming conventions or custom fields et al. As an Administrator for our organization; I've found that most functionality can be achieved with no additional cost or custom development.
  • Resume Parsing and Document Management; Adding new Candidate records is as simple as drag and drop, the parsing engine updates standard fields and documents (references, work samples, background checks, offer letters, etc.) can be managed and saved within a contact's record.
  • Integration with Bullhorn Marketplace: the solutions offered in Bullhorn's Marketplace are extremely relevant; however the integration and go-live process lacks the support and guidance that we've come to expect through our experience with the core ATS product.
  • New API unveiled with Bullhorn S release offered cross-browser accessibility; however some solid features were left behind and modular layout took a step back which added a few more clicks per page.
  • System up-time: Extremely reliable, but back-end performance and data indexing has, and continues, to be an issue from time to time.
Depending on the current state of your organization, user adoption will more than likely be your biggest hurdle along the way. Take the time to map your company's workflow prior to scheduling product demos with your vendor list. It's best to view Bullhorn as an Applicant Tracking System, it remains their core offering and what they do best. Reporting, time & expense, background checks can be tied into the product, but they leave the heavy lifting to 3rd party vendors which means additional contracts and monthly spend. Also, if your organization has a high turnover rate on the sales and recruiting side, you have to get creative as far as ways to query your database based on past record owner.
Read Paul Sabatino's full review
June 16, 2015

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Review: "Bullhorn is the best ATS by far!"

Bullhorn has helped us streamline our processes within many different areas of the company. We are currently using Bullhorn within our sales, recruiting, HR, and accounting departments. With the previous ATS we used it was not user friendly and it tended to add time on to completing simple tasks. Bullhorn has simplified things and made it easier for all involved to get the data they need easily.
  • The reporting with in Bullhorn is really user friendly and gives you the detail that you need to manage your business. You can export almost any data that you need to Excel to make it easy to manipulate.
  • Ease of use: In most organizations your staff ranges from not so tech savvy to very tech savvy. Bullhorn is so easy to use that even your least tech savvy person is able to use the system with no problems.
  • Process flow: Bullhorn is easily adaptable to your organization's process flow.
  • None
April 08, 2015

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Review: "How Bullhorn has helped our team"

Bullhorn is used for reporting, tracking placements, submissions, resume database and sourcing.
  • Tracking job orders. Great that the tracking is in great detail: Hot/Cold/Accepting Candidates etc.
  • User friendly reporting tool. The majority of reporting that comes from our staffing dept. is delivered through Bullhorn. (Job placements, recruiter activity, etc.)
  • Great customer service help line. Always quick to resolve issues.
  • Adding a job to Bullhorn is incredibly time consuming. Having to add the contact with details in order to add a job should not be two separate processes.
  • Ability for each user to change their own password themselves.
Bullhorn Applicant Tracking System is great at tracking a candidate's processes through the hiring stages.
February 20, 2015

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM Review: "Bullhorn ATS is a Great resource!"

Bullhorn is used for a major function of our business. We utilize Bulhorn to track our recruiting efforts as well as a CRM tool for our sales team. Everyone in the company uses it, utilizing Bullhorn keeps our company organized and all on the same page with status of people and clients.
  • The Candidate profiles are very fulfilling. I can keep all the information needed in a candidate profile almost causing the elimination of a folder on the computer.
  • The Distributions Lists are great! Easy to send a mass-mailing to multiple candidates without having to go through a rigorous process. It also allows the option to make a note in the candidate profile for you to know you emailed this information to the candidate.
  • The tearsheets feature is great as well, it offers a way to organize candidates, contacts, and jobs into a "folder" type function for easy to find access.
  • One of my biggest complaints is the Candidate Search Function. It is not a very easy system to search for candidates with a particular skill set. It can sometimes vary and it is not always clear why certain candidates came up in the results. Making it difficult to adjust your search criteria.
  • The Activity Center, shows emails, however it does not show true activity levels. It would be nice to see recent activity - notes left, submittals, interviews, etc. all on one screen to be able to look at what your activity that day was. It would also help keep track of your active people you are talking with or still need to talk to
Bullhorn is great for tracking a candidate from start to finish! You can keep up with everything that needs to be done to get a candidate hired and placed. The only place it is not very applicable is as a CRM tool. It can be used as one, but is not as appropriate due to its main function as an Applicant Tracking System. Functions are geared in this direction not in a CRM direction.

Job Requisition Management (24)
Company Website Posting (21)
Publish to Social Media (18)
Job Search Site Posting (18)
Customized Application Form (16)
Resume Management (24)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (24)
Candidate Search (24)
Applicant Tracking (24)
Collaboration (21)
Task Creation and Delegation (22)
Email Templates (21)
User Permissions (20)
Notifications and Alerts (21)
Reporting (24)
6.6

About Bullhorn Recruitment CRM

Bullhorn Recruitment CRM is a SaaS based solution that offers a full suite of features typical of applicant tracking systems: a user-friendly interface and mobile app, batch or mass communication with potential candidates via multiple channels such as email and commonly used applications (e.g. Outlook, Gmail), instantaneous posting to multiple job boards, resume parsing, data and document uploading.