How Blackbaud Grantmaking Can Be a Gift to You
January 31, 2018
How Blackbaud Grantmaking Can Be a Gift to You
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Blackbaud Grantmaking (formerly GIFTS Online)
Blackbaud Grantmaking is only used in our grants department and one fund area as limited access to it. It addresses the problems of reaching out to grantees who are getting grants, and forgetting to report on the grants they have made. It aids the Finance department when it audit time as the software used allows a 990 format that is quick and easy to process.
- We like to create our own numbering system and Blackbaud Grantmaking allows us that flexibility. When we were having issues with items being in numerical order the tech support was amazing.
- Creating your own forms is very important for us. We have several different donors and we have a grant application form and a report form for each one. They are easy to create as well as update and access.
- Alternative ways to hunt for information. I can access a grant by the organization name, project name, grant number or even the name of the person who submitted the grant application. This is critical in a case where the program officer has a nickname for the grant (you can include that as well in the profile) and can't remember anything else.
- For months I have had a report that cannot be opened because of some kind of error. Support has tried but it is something that remains on my system despite efforts to remove and open it. I know it is there so I work around it because Blackbaud Grantmaking has so much more to offer
- We cannot always help grantees get back the information they have saved on their applications. Many get frustrated when having to start over because they expected the grants administrator to be able to see what they have already submitted. While it protects the information of the grantee so that it cannot be changed by the grant maker, it create considerable difficulty for busy grantees who must start over again
- I am not sure about this, that it does or doesn't exits, but it would be great to be able to download signed grant agreements into the system. I believe can add reports that were not submitted online but I have never been trained how to do it.
- I would love the ability to scan signed checks into Blackbaud Grantmaking so that I can reference them. Checks do not go out from my Blackbaud Grantmaking account but from our finance department.
- Value for money
- Expertise of Blackbaud team
- User interface
- Features and functions
- Product reputation
- Ability to track and measure grant outcomes and impact
It's more the features Blackbaud Grantmaking offers than anything else. They are necessary as our organization makes more and more grants. Also the support we get. I have never had to wait for a long time for assistance.
- Reduced time spent on administrative tasks
- Better reporting capabilities
- Better able to communicate grantmaking activities and results
- Better collaboration with grant applicants
- Better organizational effectiveness
- Greater transparency across the organization
Once we started using Blackbaud Grantmaking I noticed that I had more time to spend on other tasks in my capacity as grants administrator and board assistant secretary. If I need information I can easily download it and share it with colleagues. Before Blackbaud Grantmaking, if the finance department wanted a report on what grants had been made under a particular fund and/or to a particular grantee this could require hours of research and then creating a comparable document for their review. With Blackbaud Grantmaking, much of that is done in a matter of minutes. It has gotten to the point where everyone around me expects to get the information they need now yesterday because it can be down so quickly.
- It has given us the ability to make grants faster. Example: one donor wanted applications to 50 grantees in a short period of time. Even with other items of work on my agenda, having to research where at least 30% of these grantees were since this was their first time getting a grant and going back and finding other ways to contact these grantees- old and new- when the people were not longer at the organization, it got done by me alone in less than two days.
- Blackbaud Grantmaking allows us to keep track of everything from how many times a grant has been given to an organization as well as the amount donors have given.
- Because of Blackbaud Grantmaking I can create a grant and process letters for payments faster than I can get a check for the grantee, thus making it harder on the finance office to keep up with what I am doing.
I have no clue. This was recommended by the president of one of our funds and we liked it.
Before Blackbaud Grantmaking we kept all the grantee information in a file by grant year. Although we still do that, we have the information saved in the cloud and therefore one is able to look up information without collecting folders. It is great to be able to pull up that years we gave a grant and to see, online, the paperwork they submitted without digging through files.