Overall Satisfaction with GIMP
GIMP is used for image manipulation across a number of channels including social media, advertising, postcards, flyers, and other day-to-day materials. The platform addresses the need for brand consistency across both physical and digital uses. GIMP also provides simple tools for layering images when constructing a flyer or complicated brand portfolio.
- GIMP has a large number of tools at your disposal for manipulating any type of image and exporting in any necessary format.
- GIMP does a great job of making everything intuitive so that even a new user can layer images or make an image transparent in little time.
- GIMP can sometimes take awhile to load, especially when downloading new font types.
- Some of the complex features need a workaround method that requires copying or adjusting a layer before being able to make the desired changes. This can make some projects take a fair amount of time.
- GIMP has allowed me to present clients with high-quality and creative logos that meet every requirement.
- GIMP has allowed me to maintain brand consistency across a large variety of projects.
GIMP runs much smoother on my Mac laptop than Adobe Photoshop with less bugs and freezes than I have suffered through from Adobe in general. The tools available on GIMP have also been easier for me to figure out and put into action than my experiences with Photoshop. The fact that GIMP is free to use has always helped the matter as well.
The support has always been able to solve my problems, which have been relatively simple and minor in my case, but can take some time due to the fact it is a free platform.
Do you think GIMP delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with GIMP's feature set?
Did GIMP live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of GIMP go as expected?
Would you buy GIMP again?
GIMP has been a great tool for image manipulation, resizing, and layering. It is my go-to when creating logos or adding transparency to parts of an image/logo. It is also extremely helpful for complex flyers or other projects that require many parts to be moved around and changed. However I wish there were more options for organizing large projects such as social media posts for the upcoming month within the platform.