The new required sales tech
Updated March 29, 2022
The new required sales tech
Employee in SalesMarketing & Advertising Company, 201-500 employees
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Gong
In my role, I can be running as many as 20 opportunities at a given time. It can be difficult to remember which prospects are facing which challenges, which deals are competitive with which vendors, or which conversations warranted which next steps. It is also hard just keeping up with notes in a fast-paced call, and there are times where you miss what is said if you are solely focused on keeping up with your notes.
- First, I do my best to take thorough notes on all of my calls, but taking notes can sometimes cause me to miss what is being said in the moment. Knowing that Gong is recording & I can go back and enrich my notes with the parts I may have missed allows me to be more present in the conversation & focus on what is being said rather than whether or not I'm keeping up on my notepad.
- Second, even though each deal is unique in its own right, many of the businesses I speak with have similar challenges to one another. With Gong's search functionality, it is easy for me to access insights from multiple calls across similar challenges, solutions, or differentiators that helped me win in the past.
- Finally, the numbers don't lie. Gong keeps track of talk-time, patiences, length of customer stories & provides feedback that keeps me honest. In sales, it is far too easy to feel a call went well when you spent the whole time talking...Gong keeps you honest & helps you constantly improve your game.
- I know I am only utilizing a fraction of Gong's capabilities...it would be great if Gong could share with me which parts of the platform I have not yet adopted & provide enablement on how to make those parts of the platform part of my sales process.
- I would credit Gong to AT LEAST a 50% decrease in the amount of time I spent onboarding/ramping
- I closed 2 additional deals over my first year from key points I missed during sales meetings but was able to find when reviewing the call on Gong
The voice recognition ai within Gong is very accurate. I can search previous calls with confidence that I will be able to find what I am looking for because Gong has been able to transcribe the conversations accurately.
Do you think Gong delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Gong's feature set?
Did Gong live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Gong go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Gong again?
Gong is the best platform for teams that run multiple sales cycles & need to keep track of deals, are growing their sales team & want a repository of calls for onboarding, or for teams that have a need for sales training, to analyze calls by wins-loses, by competitors, or by the calls that fit Gong's best salespeople statistics that they publish on their blog