Overall Satisfaction with Google Ads (formerly AdWords)
We use Google Ads internationally, mainly by our local digital marketing teams with help of agencies. First and foremost it is a marketing tool. We use it to get our YouTube campaigns visible to the right audience. It is an addition to our traditional TV advertising and oftentimes we run this simultaneously.
- Cheap exposure, 5 € cent/view is a common metric in our campaigns which is comparable to the GRPs we are achieving
- Detailed metrics
- Targeted audiences
- No visibility on actual in-store sales, it's hard to track this in EU countries
- For wholesalers, not the best option
- More visitors to our webshop and more visibility for our products.
- Cost investment with no real measurable ROI.
If you do direct to consumer sales on a webshop, Google Ads is the best way to measure your marketing efforts compared to other ways of marketing. If you don't sell directly I would not encourage using it, since you don't know if your marketing dollars or euros are effective.