Google The Giant of The Giants
Updated November 10, 2021
Google The Giant of The Giants
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Google Drive
From my academic institution, as a lecturer of Information and Communication Technology, I'm instructed to find a comfortable technology that will be helpful for all the academic and administrative staff to the covid time. Then I searched for many and finally, I suspected to use google drive for everyone's use. Being a teacher, I'm supposed to conduct classes every day according to my routine. For daily tasks, I face different colors of problems like preparing documents, preparing slides, and to store and share these class notes with our learners. As its substance, Google Drive is a staggering conveyed stockpiling plan. However, with time, and with the right skill, it can transform into a major convenience contraption for anyone, from understudies to business specialists. So, I need such an application that integrates all other applications altogether. And google drive helps me to do those tasks frequently. Since I am experiencing these facilities, I suggest my authority arrange a training session where I teach all my colleagues how to use google drive along with other applications of google using a single google account which is totally free of cost. Using google drive is like using a virtual Pendrive which was costly in my third-world country. My Institution is now in training on G suite for getting the most out of google drive, where our teaching and administrative staff can find detailed guides for all things regarding the use of Google Drive. Nowadays not only the departments but also the whole institution are using google drive as cloud-based storage and my institution is planning to increase its free capacity from 1 GB
- Firstly, Cloud-based Storage facility.
- Integration with Single google account
- Integration with other cloud-based storage system like one note
- Facility of using even in off-line mode.
- Using other googles application like google docs, sheet, presentation
- The quite simple working graphical working environment which is not having plenty of menus.
- Its own file format.
- Having a little bit more control and clarity over what is shared and how it is shared would be a useful improvement.
- Could be more robust and flexible as far as assigning restrictions.
- Google Sheets could be enhanced because Excel really is not there yet as a product with equal capabilities as there are still quite a few limitations to the functionality.
- My organizational content is totally safe, private, and never used for ad personalization because for any suspicious activities it notifies users.
- Teamwork is supercharge due to having cloud-native collaboration application
- Already using tools and applications like (one note, excel, Docx, etc) can be integrated as a result existing works need not be redone.
- Google talk (Google’s AI and Search technology ) helps our team move faster and works done very frequently
- At my organization, increased employee efficiency and productivity totaling $1.3 million.
- After establishing IT setup along with using google drive and different applications, IT productivity and efficiency gains totaling $6,373
- IT security efficiency gains totaling $55,012 from the past.
- In my organization, Top-line revenue growth leading to $33,439 in additional bottom-line profit through Google Workspace transformation
Both OneDrive and Google Drive give a similar cloud administration identified with capacity and record sharing. The two organizations' answers let you access your documents and envelopes from any place. Thus, our distributed storage examination depends on a few variables which summarize to decide the end-client experience. Those variables include: Pricing plans File sharing Productivity apps Online privacy Data security But my selection is on pricing plans only because all other factors are covered nearly same by the two giants as well. Microsoft OneDrive plans include three options: 1. 100 GB storage for $1.99 per user per month. 2. 1 TB storage for $6.99 per user per month. 3. 6 TB total (1 TB per user for 6 users) for $9.99 per month
Do you think Google Drive delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Google Drive's feature set?
Did Google Drive live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Google Drive go as expected?
Would you buy Google Drive again?
I will definitely rate 10 out of 10 if I am asked by a colleague in terms of using my Google Drive because Google Drive offers users 15 GB of free storage through Google One and it is enough for me as a teacher for my daily job also it is not limited to 15 GB only moreover, Google One also offers 100 GB, 200 GB, 2 TB, offered through optional paid plans if anyone needs to increase one's storage capacity. Files uploaded can be up to 750 GB in size.
Google Drive Feature Ratings
Evaluating Google Drive and Competitors
Yes - I personally suggested my institution use Google drive instead of using Microsoft OneDrive cloud storage in terms of the feature "data protection". If we dive deeper then we will see the Google Drive protects in-transit or in-motion files with AES 128-bit encryption while files at rest are protected by the AES 256-bit encryption cipher. On the contrary, OneDrive offers AES 256-bit encryption protection for in-transit files, but files at rest are offered no encryption unless a OneDrive for business subscription is owned. That means, personal data protection is not significant to OneDrive, so far I realized.
- Product Reputation
Google is a worldwide venture that is knowledgeable in web-related organizations and things. Google's picture is situated #9 in the summary of Global Top 100 Brands, a circumspectly curated overview of saw marks as assessed by customers of Google. When diverged from various relationships inside the tech business, Google is situated #4. Among its huge adversaries, Google is situated in the fourth spot for NPS while Adzerk is first, and Apple is second. As a rule, Google has an unprejudiced social assessment, while separating electronic media channels and online take note. Their current market cap is $1.85T Google Ranking: In Global Best Brand-> Number 9/100, Number 4 in Tech Industry and Number 3/4 of its competitors respectively
If I had to do it again then this time I will poll to GoogleDrive because of the following Microsofts one drives drawbacks reasons that have been overcome by the Giant Google: Limited document size support. Microsoft does not support files over 15 GB in OneDrive for Business Lack of third-party app integrations Limited offline access
Google Drive Training
The effective google workspace using training that my organization received and was conducted by me (as a team lead of the ICT team) was mind-blowing and as a result, our staff is performing well in terms of using the application for their daily jobs than before. Now, in my institution, all teachers and all the administrative personnel are very much interested in cloud storage facilities, in previous my institution was afraid of losing all important documents in the cloud storage. But, after having received the training they are now realized that if anyone has only one google account then he or she can use 15GB of cloud storage freely and they are now happy because now it is not necessary for anyone to carry the traditional pen drive.