Overall Satisfaction with Google Forms
I used Google Forms in my department. We conducted virtual and in-person employee training, then assessed the learners' training experience with Google Forms. It allowed us to gain quick, no-cost feedback from training participants. We then used the feedback to adjust our training to make it more effective for the learners/employees.
- Google Forms automatically creates charts of the numerical data you collect. There is no need to create this on your own.
- It is simple to send the live Google Form link to respondents via email. All they have to do it click on the link to access the form.
- When you create the form there are a variety of participant responses you can implement, including multiple choice, Likert Scale, short answers and more.
- I was unable to save the form charts in any other format (e.g. PDF). They remained in Google Forms version.
- In order to have a Word version of the form/survey you have to recreate it manually in Word.
- The formatting is limited to the Google Forms options. This limits how creative you can be with the form layout.
- We were able to capture responses from a global audience at no extra cost.
- Sending the survey was easy - we simply included a link to the survey in an email with basic instructions for the respondent.
- During a year-long training project we used Google Forms to assess the program's impact. We were able to take the results and report them to our leadership with ease.
- Survey Monkey
I feel that we were able to customize Google Forms to meet our needs. We were also heavy users of Google Drive and its related products, so implementing Google Forms made sense. If you are already using Google Drive, Google Forms keeps your project materials in one platform, versus spread out across other websites, systems, and/or platforms.
If you need to quiz or survey your employees, Google Forms is a fairly easy tool to learn and employ. It will capture all of the responses and provide a summary of those responses so you do not have to manually collect and aggregate them. If you will need to transfer the feedback to another file format then this can be a problem because it may need to be done manually (copied and pasted).