Google Hangout Has Potential But Still Needs Improvementhttps://www.trustradius.com/voipGoogle HangoutsUnspecified8.34071012019-09-25T21:35:53.833Z
September 25, 2019
Google Hangout Has Potential But Still Needs Improvement
Score 5 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Google Hangouts
We have been trying to use Google Hangouts to conduct help sessions with people that we can not meet with in person. We would like to add it to our customer service options so our customers can have their questions answered with a visual or demonstration. This will enhance the personal touch and outreach to our customers.
- We can open up Google Hangouts and have a face to face meeting.
- It's fairly easy to use once you've done it a couple of times. You do have some back and forth with each user/session until it gets set up and going.
- It sets up communication in real time, faster then chat. And you have the visual.
- The quality of the internet connection is very important. A bad connection is frustrating and a time waster. And there's no way to tell in advance how the connection will be until you start the hangout.
- More instructions on the home page or a section that opens up with answers to common problems would help.
- The camera that each side uses is also crucial. Any improvement in that or having a way to evaluate how the image will be or could be improved would be useful.
- If we can get it to work for us it will improve our customer service offerings in an industry that is very visual.
- It will improve communication with our suppliers and cut down on shipping of samples back and forth.
- It will save us time.
Google hangouts has the advantage of familiarity. People are familiar with the Google look and the layout so there is a better chance that they will be willing to use Google Hangouts with us. Skype looks different and I usually only use Skype with people who contact me and ask to use it. Both have technical difficulties.
I would like Google Hangouts to offer clear trouble shooting guides that can be easily accessed while you are using it. Questions are answered in the help section but you have to search and read through a lot of information. When you try the answers the results are hit or miss. You end up going back and forth to get help and get the connection set up.
Do you think Google Hangouts delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Google Hangouts's feature set?
Did Google Hangouts live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Google Hangouts go as expected?
Would you buy Google Hangouts again?
The idea is great - setting up a face to face with a customer to share information, show a product, and build personal trust. Getting Google Hangouts to work is hit or miss and we are still in the testing stage until it gets better. We don't want to launch it with customer service until it has improved and quality is consistent. We do occasionally use it for meetings of 2 or more people because in some cases it's better than a conference call. Seeing someone 'in person' gives you visual cues and you can see their reaction that might not come across on a phone call.