Simple to use; Quick to fund
Updated February 25, 2020
Simple to use; Quick to fund
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Google Pay (formerly Google Wallet)
Currently, only one department is using Google Pay. It has been helpful to set up reminders for repeating payments, easy to request payment, and the money shows up in our account much faster than with any other platform I've used.
- The integration with Google Assistant has been helpful in easily setting reminders to send and/or request payments, especially in setting up repeating reminders for payments that probably could be automatic, but we prefer to review first.
- Funds are processed quickly, which is so important. Thus far, the funds have almost always been available the very next business day rather than 2, 3, even 4 days later as some platforms do.
- Google Wallet had a few glitches I was unhappy with, but Google Pay seems to have corrected them. Who knows if the changes were related to the name change or if they just happened to coincide with the timing for the most part, but either way I really don't have any big complaints.
- We aren't incredibly heavy users, so it hasn't had a measurable impact on ROI, but the quick availability of the funds provide for a happy bookkeeper, and we all know, if the bookkeeper isn't happy, nobody is going to be happy. :)
- Along similar lines, the ease of use and the intuitive nature, especially for a company utilizing so many other Google products, means that there is almost no training needed and almost never any frustration with logging in or getting it to work, or any of the usual headaches that waste so much time for anyone in the office.
I haven't used support for Google Pay specifically, but I have for several other Google products. And it has always been a relatively easy process. Google products are so popular though, that it's actually easier to use the usual Google search function to first search your own issue to see if there is a quick fix before reaching out to support.
Do you think Google Pay (formerly Google Wallet) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Google Pay (formerly Google Wallet)'s feature set?
Did Google Pay (formerly Google Wallet) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Google Pay (formerly Google Wallet) go as expected?
Would you buy Google Pay (formerly Google Wallet) again?
Google Pay has so far been pretty well suited for all of my needs, so much so, that I use it personally as well. I haven't run into a situation where I thought it may not be appropriate as of yet, at least in terms of utilizing another similar platform. Obviously, there are times that a physical check or cash is needed, but I certainly can't fault Google for that. For my records, the email confirmations back-and-forth of payments and/or requests are completely fine. But if you need a professional receipt for any reason, I'm not sure if there is a way to pull something like that. So that may be the only time you may need to look at a different online option.