Fast, Lightweight, a Great Entry to Tag Managementhttps://www.trustradius.com/tag-managementGoogle Tag ManagerUnspecified9.11551012018-09-27T17:47:00.460Z
September 27, 2018
Fast, Lightweight, a Great Entry to Tag Management
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Google Tag Manager
GTM makes creating scalable, repeatable analytics setups much easier for franchises. It's also great for marketers who want to be more nimble and not be locked behind IT or engineering to get new systems or optimizations deployed. We keep a standard implementation for those just getting started using GTM with easily swappable variables, and then layer on additional tracking / prompts / software tags as needed.
- GTM is basically coding light. For non-developers who might be terrified of GitHub, it makes features like version control, forking/branches and draft / deploy mode approachable.
- There are several good integrations, but there can always be more. Native tracking for call tracking solutions, analytics providers, non-Google advertisers would be top of my list.
- Documentation is just dreadful. Luckily there are some awesome folks out there doing crowdsourced tutorials (shout out to Simo Ahava) but by and large the Google Tag Manager instructions are worth what you pay for them.
- Less time spent communicating internally and faster installation always means money savings.
- I was able to build an entire tracking hierarchy system using GTM for the website of a given client in around half the quoted time, so that was a big win.
- Having a preset "starting template" means new deployments don't have to go from scratch and we spend less time reinventing the wheel.
And you can't beat the price.