Overall Satisfaction with GoToWebinar
Could not be an easier interface - it provides all the power tools in an easy to use format, so that any member of our organization can host a webinar without the assistance from others/IT. It really is a wonderful platform - to which end, we have other organizations within our coalition to also adopt GoToWebinar.
The biggest advantage to GoToWebinar is its ability to click and go. We can schedule a webinar well in advance, or launch a webinar right from the dashboard if needed. It also does not require additional software to run, which is a great feature for webinar hosts and attendees alike. Overall, it's an easy-to-use platform, carries all the features you would need, and is not clunky like other platforms.
- No additional software installation needed for attendees.
- Broadcast quality is good.
- Easy to invite other hosts/panelists.
- Good attendee interaction tools (polls, questions, handouts, etc.)
- Recording formats are less than ideal, and are not good quality.
- Cannot have more than two panels open at one time on controls.
- Mouse tracking is visible to attendees when clicking on controls.
I have used BlueJeans' video conferencing service for some of our work with other agencies. BlueJeans, unlike GoToWebinar, requires a separate software download, which is quite cumbersome. The sharing of controls is also far more difficult and often leads to long pauses while the presenter figures out how to move the presentation forward.
I have used GoToWebinar for large and smalls webinars, especially those requiring PowerPoint or visual support. GoToWebinar is also great for a quick pinch telephone conference line if our main line is busy or previously scheduled. GoToWebinar is not good for meetings were you wish to grant control to attendees (in which case GoToMeeting is much better).