BlueJeans Reviews

Isabel Olivadoti | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 03, 2020

BlueJeans helps me and my team!

BlueJeans is being used at Lapithus for corporate calls and business meetings across 5 European locations. Any meetings done via a call that have more than two people will include BlueJeans. All teams in all the offices use it, as well as having BlueJeans set up in 2 of our meeting rooms for video conference calls. Most recently, we have enjoyed using BlueJeans for meetings during the pandemic as we can utilize it remotely, which is helpful when working from home. It is also helpful for scheduling calls with external companies as anyone can call in using their normal phone from anywhere in the world.
  • BlueJeans enables a large number of people to be on a call. For example, when our CEO needs to communicate with the entire company across all 5 European locations.
  • BlueJeans works well when I schedule meetings from my manager's calendar, as Outlook automatically places his BlueJeans details rather than mine.
  • BlueJeans silent entry system works well when there are multiple people on the call calling in from multiple locations. It is helpful as if they enter 5 minutes late it doesn't disturb the flow of conversation in the meeting.
  • BlueJeans works well when showing presentations in our boardroom. It is really easy to share screens and do IT demonstrations.
  • It would be helpful if the meeting organizer didn't have to open the line with their credentials in order to start.
  • I think it would be good if when having a large call with multiple rooms that the screen splits between all video callers. Other times, it flickers between different screens even if the person on the other screens isn't speaking.
  • It would be great if BlueJeans had an added chat feature so that people could share links whilst talking on video or voice.
BlueJeans works well in an office environment, especially in our conference rooms. It is easy to set up calls and the call quality works well. BlueJeans works really well when multiple offices need to call in for a meeting. However, when working remotely/calling in it doesn't state who is on the call and over the past few days whilst working from home I have had to ask in the call who has logged on.
Read Isabel Olivadoti's full review
Jamie Nutter | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 27, 2020

Need to run a virtual meeting? BlueJeans is an easy to use go-to.

We started using BlueJeans 3 years ago. We have a robust distance learning network allowing students from neighboring districts and rural districts to access courses from other districts. We also partnered with our regional university and our regional technical college to offer dual credits using BlueJeans combined with a student management system. Our state organization provided us with this start as HD distance learning labs were too expensive and did not provide the portability and device flexibility required in today's educational world. As the agency administrator of the Cooperative Education Service Agency, I serve 31 school districts which are governed by an 11-person board of control. A CESA is Wisconsin is an area service agency defined by state law as a quasi-government unit. CESAs are extended many of the same designations as school districts with one exception; they do not have taxing authority. There are 12 of us in Wisconsin. With that said, I have monthly meetings with the superintendents as we are the liaison between the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) and our designated school districts. I have used BlueJeans to conduct virtual meetings, invite experts from across the country, and allow participation for those who cannot physically travel to the meetings.
  • Easy Access: multiple ways to join a meeting
  • Ease of use: screen sharing, sign-on, etc.
  • Recording of meeting turn around time very quick.
  • I like BlueJeans; however, many of our members are switching to Zoom as they cite the options in the settings are more straight-forward. They can go to settings and start at the top and work down and understand exactly what the settings will do
  • Others cite they would like BlueJeans to be more intuitive. For example, when they use breakout rooms the buttons to return are easily accessible- they are not afraid to get lost by exploring features in Zoom
  • They also cite the design and look of the product. I'm not sure what that means. Personally I prefer BlueJeans and have started several superintendents with it. However, I also have to serve my partners' preferences as well. This is a critical time because many students are using the products and their preferences will be shaped during a time where teleconferencing software use is the highest in educational history.
If I want to set up a meeting and not have to explain how to join, and I just want them to click and sign-on, BlueJeans is what I would use. I would not use it if I had a ton of screen shares and breakout rooms.
Read Jamie Nutter's full review
Tammy M. McCoy, Ph.D. | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 20, 2020

Teaching Through COVID-19 Pandemic Using BlueJeans

BlueJeans is the web conferencing platform supported by Georgia Tech and that we are encouraged to use. To my knowledge, BlueJeans is used in multiple units across the campus. I have no data on which teams use BlueJeans the most. In general, I use BlueJeans for meetings - at least two per week. I work in the Center for Teaching and Learning as the TA Development and Future Faculty Specialist. In this role and among other duties, I teach at least one course per semester and hold one-on-one consultations with my team's client base (graduate students and post-docs who plan to go into a faculty position). Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, my campus has shifted to remote learning, meaning that I will now be using BlueJeans for synchronous and asynchronous teaching and for holding consultations and other meetings. So, it is truly addressing the problem of needing to stay connected with colleagues and students when unable to meet face-to-face.
  • Connection is Easy: I have used other similar platforms where connecting to a meeting was not always intuitive, making it a frustrating process.
  • Recording: I like that I can set a meeting to auto-record because I often will forget that the meeting is to be recorded. I also appreciate that BlueJeans sends a link to the recording almost immediately after the web meeting is over.
  • Share Screen: I often need to share my screen during a meeting, and I like that this feature is easy to use and thus far has been reliable.
  • Gallery View: I would like to be able to control the number of people shown in the gallery view. I realized this just yesterday. I am telecommuting because of COVID-19, and my weekly staff meeting was held in BlueJeans. There are only 12 of us, but because of this setting, I could only see 9 of us at a time.
  • Chat: I am not aware of a way to save chat dialog. While running a meeting, I don't always have the opportunity to read the comments; therefore, having the chat saved would be beneficial.
  • Breakout Rooms: I believe the breakout rooms are recorded, but I'm not sure if the content within the rooms is also saved. Having this feature would be helpful.
  • Background: An option to create a faux background.
  1. BlueJeans works great for meetings. I like the various settings that I can control (start meeting without me; set participants to mute upon entry; auto record, etc.). What I don't like here is the inability to show more than 9 people onscreen in the Gallery View.
  2. BlueJeans does not seem to be as appropriate for synchronous and asynchronous teaching. I believe the features that are available (annotate, whiteboard, etc.) can be enhanced by allowing the participants to control one or the other. For example, if I wanted to "send a student to the board" to work a problem, I don't believe the current version of BlueJeans allows me to do that. I have generally used Blackboard Collaborate for teaching purposes because I believe they have a well-developed platform that works for instructors delivering content remotely.
Read Tammy M. McCoy, Ph.D.'s full review
Mike Galyen | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 20, 2020

Solid video conferencing tools for bringing remote teams together

BlueJeans is a tool utilized across the Expedia Group team globally. With large distributed teams, effective remote communication is critical and BlueJeans is used at the team level, for cross-team purposes, for large and recurring employee meetings and for company-wide meetings. BlueJeans provides video, audio and screen sharing capabilities which are useful for any situation where meeting attendees are in different physical locations.
  • For larger meetings, BlueJeans does a great job of handling active speakers and bringing their video to the forefront while they are speaking. This goes a long way toward bringing all employees to the table in a meeting setting and makes it easy for participants to follow the flow of the meeting, especially in event format meetings with hundreds of participants.
  • BlueJeans does a good job of calendar integration making it easy to add/create single or recurring meeting invites with an associated BlueJeans meeting within the invite so all attendees are able to manage and join meetings with ease.
  • Reliability is the biggest challenge I see with BlueJeans. There are times when BlueJeans seems to handle the demands of a big company seamlessly, but then there are other times when BlueJeans runs into issues that I've seen affect entire offices for extended periods of time which creates a challenge for the teams who depend on BlueJeans to effectively run their remote meetings. While in the grand scheme of things, these outages have been few and far between, when they happen people aren't able to start their BlueJeans meetings and have to scramble for an alternate way to meet (while attendees are simultaneously having issues trying to dial into the BlueJeans meeting).
  • Aside from the occasional outage, the quality of the video and audio is pretty solid. With variables that are likely outside of the BlueJeans product (office connectivity, bandwidth issues, internal routing) there are times where BlueJeans would either lag or echo which would either impact the output for the host of the meeting (who likely has a room full of participants) or multiple attendees. It would be great to see BlueJeans enhance their packet handling in these cases to prioritize audio over video (and perhaps auto-adjust video quality when there are bandwidth issues).
BlueJeans is a great collaboration tool for remote teams, both large and small. With solid video, audio and screen sharing tools it brings teams together for face-to-face dialogue which is crucial for running effective meetings and active participation with all attendees. I've experienced BlueJeans handling the demands of large scale company events including our monthly product reviews (attended by hundreds of employees) and company-wide meetings (Town Halls, etc.). It's used daily by most everyone at the company whether they are running meetings and/or attending and participating in other meetings.
Read Mike Galyen's full review
Jonny Findlay | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 03, 2020

Training & remote meetings made very simple

I primarily use BlueJeans as a way to train, explain and support my sites and their managers in all of our systems - EPOS, labour & procurement. We have sites spread over the South West of England and travel to each is not always viable so online training has become a brilliant tool for us.

As part of a small, often remote head office team for a growing restaurant company, we can't always afford the time/costs involved in bringing us all together for meetings so we use BlueJeans for this purpose also, especially in recent times.
  • Call connection and sound/video quality is very good.
  • Screen sharing is well done and quick.
  • It's a very well priced product.
  • It may already have this feature and I haven't seen it but annotating the screen would be useful.
  • As it's the first software of its kind I've used, I honestly don't know what else it could do, it's very good.
For my online training sessions where I can screen share and walk my staff through exact processes, it's very good.
Read Jonny Findlay's full review
andrew parker | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 31, 2020

BlueJeans great software, an unfortunate name

It is being used over the entire organization. All the teams use it all the time and especially during the current lockdown. Connects us to remote workers, regional international offices and members. Team meetings and 1:1 calls all benefit from BlueJeans. We're currently starting to use it for company member and larger webinars.
  • Team meetings
  • Regular staff 1:1 calls
  • Company communication
  • Larger meetings, quality is variable for 100 + participants.
  • Mac integration.
  • Mobile video experience needs improvement.
Regular meetings with remote team members, especially international regional teams. You can share presentations, documents, ask questions and share information. Captures lists of attendees which is useful for meeting notes. Not suitable for starting relationships with new people and struggles with very large meetings. Sometimes issues with the US and Mac users.
Read andrew parker's full review
Melissa Flores Prieto | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 31, 2020

Never had troubles in BlueJeans, great communication tool!

We used BlueJeans across the whole organization, both for internal calls and external calls with clients.

• The screen sharing feature, great for tutorials or webinars with all foreign teams.
  • Also, chat has been helpful, and certainly, the Google Calendar and SalesForce integration that allows to have every single thing tracked is great!
  • Love that there is no limit for people logged into and also that it's easy to use from TV or almost every device.
  • Sometimes the connection is unstable when dialing via phone number.
  • It's not clear for me or my colleagues who are the admin and how to start a meeting as the admin. What's the difference between each roll?
  • I think most clients don't realize its always the same ID for my meetings, not sure how we could make that more clear.
I'm solving my meetings with foreign clients with the share screen feature and a lot of long-distance training and webinars. Would definitely use it for transnational companies or when working with out of the country clients. The most helpful thing is that you can even take calls from your cellphone with a quick dial, no need to be on a computer or in front of a screen.
Read Melissa Flores Prieto's full review
Dan Trinidad | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 31, 2020

I found BlueJeans to be the perfect fit for Dealer Fox.

We use BlueJeans for multiple purposes...
  1. To consult with clients and deliver reports.
  2. Online demos for new prospects.
  3. Weekly meetings with team members to discuss strategy.
  4. Weekly dev team updates w/ team members in other countries.
  • Easy to schedule an appointment.
  • Easy to start an impromptu meeting.
  • UI/UX is user friendly.
  • After scheduling an appointment if you change the timezone it resets the day and time.
I recommend it to colleagues every day. I've sat through Join.me meetings with drop user issues, Skype drops screen shares, others have video issues. I always say "you guys should use BlueJeans." These are big companies that I refer to on a daily basis.
Read Dan Trinidad's full review
Elísio Silva | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 29, 2020

BlueJeans: Beyond and above.

It's used across the whole organization especially in calls between offices (internally we use Slack). I'm not sure which team uses it mostly because every team and department uses it. The only problem I've experienced is some bad connection in some calls but that happens rarely.
  • User-friendly
  • The unique personal meeting ID
  • Reliable
  • Possibility of screen share
  • Popups advising for the meetings.
I think BlueJeans can be used either in business and personal scenarios although it is more appropriate to business scenarios especially because you can share your screen and everyone can see what you are exactly referring to. Maybe it's too good for personal scenarios, so less appropriate to those cases.
Read Elísio Silva's full review
Stephen Thomas | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 24, 2020

BlueJeans Succeeds for Community College

BlueJeans has become our corporate standard for staff meetings, internal trainings, and interviews. At this point, it's being used !by Student Services, Advising, IT, Human Resources, and especially Workforce Services. We have four campuses--using BlueJeans means that staff meetings, which used to have everyone drive from all locations, can save time (up to an hour each-way per campus) and money (no travel expenditures), plus have recordings of meetings! It has been really good for our organization!
  • Great audio and video quality
  • Easy to setup meetings, appointments
  • Handles groups of up to 20 easily
  • Love the whiteboarding features!
  • Would like an easy private chat feature
  • Android client could be more robust
BlueJeans really has been a game-changer for the college. We're not a large university but a community-college--having an easy video conferencing solution makes us much more efficient and saves us money! Also, its bandwidth requirements are easily met by almost any connected device--even over cell plans. Like I said, staff meetings with branch offices are one good example. Offsite interviews are another (again very low bandwidth needs). In IT we use it for staff training. The only real situation that we haven't been able to use it for (licensing-wise) is actual instruction for students (such as tutoring--which would be great!).
Read Stephen Thomas's full review
Glen Schulz | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 13, 2020

BlueJeans is a Dream for Dreamcraft

BlueJeans is used by one of our project teams, approximately 10 people, for all of its internal and external meetings. It enables our remote or out-of-office staff to participate in daily production meetings, as well as all of our external client meetings.
  • Voice calls very clear
  • Screen sharing
  • Video calls
  • It would be easier to use the web browser only, without needing to launch a separate BlueJeans app.
  • Whiteboard style markup from all participants would be nice.
BlueJeans is very well suited for holding meetings with participants from various different locations.
Read Glen Schulz's full review
Scott Wilson | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

Video meetings with no hassle

Our entire organization uses BlueJeans to great effect. It's seamless in operation, and that's one of the most attractive features of it. There's no complicated setup
  • It enables face to face discussions, which are important for reading body language.
  • There is no complicated setup so anyone can use it.
  • It's immediate, and you can start a meeting immediately.
  • I'd like to be able to arrange the small pictures of other participants around the screen.
It's ideal for multi-location conferences, so we don't have stakeholders traveling from different locations.
Occasionally, some customer's IT departments won't allow Bluejeans.
Read Scott Wilson's full review
Andrew O'Such | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

Fix your software!

It's automatically integrated with Google calendar, and I use it for hosting remote meetings between 1-5 times per day, every day. Some of these meetings are video; some are just audio. It's used by all sales reps, sales engineers, customer success, and other business teams for customer-facing and also internal meetings.
  • Mobile App is pretty easy to use, and I like the low bandwidth feature when I'm driving.
  • Plain dial-in phone conference is easy/simple to use.
  • Nice company colors
  • The customer experience for OUR customers is terrible; customers constantly wind up joining late because they get prompted to download the app and can't figure out the setup.
  • It's annoying to be prompted to give a 1-5 star rating EVERY single time I end a meeting.
It's important in every meeting, but our customers can't stand it so often ask us if they can use their own conferencing system.
Read Andrew O'Such's full review
David Sharman | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 07, 2020

BlueJeans: the right fit!

Current use cases for BlueJeans include conference calls, simple collaborative meetings, and interviews. Multiple departments across campus make use of the service and choose it for its reliability and ease of usefulness. Most recently, the College of Business used BlueJeans to host a multi-institutional competition. Most of the time, BlueJeans is used as an alternative to Zoom, with the ease of creating meetings with no moderator and auto-recording features.
  • Meeting scheduling with various advanced options.
  • Bandwidth prioritizing for low connection speeds.
  • Ease of use. Friendly interface.
  • Good customer service. I have made a few calls, and a solution is always presented.
  • Mass meeting scheduler would be nice, with certain advanced features being set as a default.
  • Advanced recording features shared screen options. Export options that match in the in-app video viewing.
  • Opt-out of e-mail notifications.
BlueJeans works excellently as a collaborative webinar tool for meetings with an excellent way of handing off just a meeting ID and simple instructions to a group for use and, as with most programs of this type, managing your offsite attendees audio and video can be challenging. If there were an option to disable interaction and then later enable it, that would be an excellent addition.
Read David Sharman's full review
Christopher Cochran | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 06, 2020

BlueJeans is a great valuable product for our group.

We use BlueJeans mostly at the Manager level and mostly in sales. We recently removed Skype and adopted Teams. Legacy BlueJeans users do not want to give it up. BlueJeans is user-friendly, excellent quality, and easy to schedule in the calendar. I have found it to work excellent on the iPhone and iPad with the App.
  • Excellent Video quality - Makes VC’s realistic as if you are in the same room
  • Excellent audio quality
  • Adapts well to different audio and video options, whether I am using a headset, speaker, Bluetooth speakers, etc. it gives you options to connect.
  • Use on multiple devices such as iPhone iPad laptop.
  • I can’t think of anything except that it would be good to add a link in the calendar from the iPad, but I think that is an iPad thing.
Getting together multiple people and being able to make it personal with video and high-quality audio. Also, screen sharing is the best. Although screen sharing from the iPad is not possible. I also like using the App to dial in rather than having to dial in to a conference line.
Read Christopher Cochran's full review
Tim Davenport | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 06, 2020

BlueJeans is my "go-to" meeting tool, time after time

Most employees at my company have access to their own BlueJeans meeting code and can easily offer a place for people to meet, share, and communicate seamlessly. We use it daily to run development teams as they build cutting edge websites across the globe. The ability to hop into a meeting, see everyone's faces, share chat messages and links, quickly see who is in the session and communicate with them individually make it almost like you are in the same room
  • BlueJean's connection control is fantastic. It keeps you in the loop if there are poor connections, who is available, who is speaking, etc.
  • It's easy for anyone to join a meeting regardless of their tech setups. They have a great app that can be downloaded, or you can share a URL that easily allows anyone to join. Many of the other tools in this space have issues with the initial setup
  • The BlueJeans interface is well thought out. It continually provides relevant tips for the tasks you are trying to accomplish. If you are speaking but on mute, it will ask if you are trying to talk to the group. Whether you are using the volume on a headset or your computer or dialing in on a phone line, it does a great job of letting you know the option you chose and the ways to change to another option if you want
  • I would like the option that when you are one of few sharing your video that your video wouldn't take up the entire screen for everyone else, just a small screen would be great.
  • The chat window can get overlooked at times. A more prominent notification when someone messages would be helpful.
  • When you close the meeting, you lose links, chat messages. Not sure how but having a way to get back to those (without needed to record the session) would be a nice feature.
BlueJeans continues to be the best tool in its class. From ease to get started, intuitive interface, rock-solid technologies that keep you connected. That helps you know what screen you are sharing, know what video and audio devices you are employing make it easy for anyone to start using it, and become more productive. I've never seen another tool get this kind of adoption right out of the gate. I have many options available to me for conducting meetings, and BlueJeans is always the one I chose and offer for others as our meeting tool.
Read Tim Davenport's full review
Matthew Parke | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 06, 2020

BlueJeans has evolved the way we work and connect with each other and our clients.

Our Organisation uses BlueJeans to connect clients, families, and staff who span across a broad region of Ontario. My current program uses it daily to meet clients in their homes or our partner organizations. We use to connect with each other for meetings, check-ins, and scrums. We also use it for training. IE is showing someone a tip or trick in our database by sharing our screens.
  • Easy connection process
  • Easy set up for meeting
  • Transportable (can use the app on phone or laptop)
  • Nine windows only limit us for bigger meetings; some meetings can include up to 26 people. At least let me toggle on who I want to look at.
  • Audio can still sometimes not keep up with the video.
BlueJeans has supported our agency and clients to connect and remain interactive in a region where weather and distance can limit this. It has been excellent for all management team meetings. It has been awesome to connect with other colleagues across the province. We have rarely not found a scenario where it is "inappropriate."
Read Matthew Parke's full review
Jonny Bithell | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 04, 2020

GreatJeans with BlueJeans!

BlueJeans is currently being used by our Product Team, due to its ability to support external users i..e customers, suppliers, vendors, etc. that fall outside of the Telstra VPN and are unable to access the more commonly used MS Teams. Currently, BlueJeans is being used sporadically across the organization by pockets of teams, with MS Teams (Office 365) being the primary conference calling tool used by the organization. I have found it extremely useful and easy to use with bringing external customers into our day to day conversations.
  • Camera and voice quality is fantastic.
  • Ease of access and ability to copy link to meeting.
  • Ability to record is a great feature.
  • Meeting Room dial in capability i.e. non-user specific dial in required.
  • Sometimes can be buggy (especially around update time) where it logs in and out.
  • Experienced some challenges with integration with my Outlook calendar.
BlueJeans is fantastic for engaging with external customers. I have found it to be an extremely useful tool in this regard whilst also simple for the customer to access and log in (who perhaps are not used to conference calls or dialing over the internet). The UI/UX is extremely easy to use and therefore would recommend to anyone.
Read Jonny Bithell's full review
Francois Roets | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 01, 2020

BlueJeans: the app that keeps us aligned and agile

I work in the Manufacturing Excellence Department. We are responsible for ensuring optimal manufacturing performance throughout our network of plants in greater Africa through application, training and coaching operational staff in standardized work practices. Also, to ensure that our organizational design is optimized and personnel capability is being developed continuously. I use the app on a daily basis. I can not function without it or similar software.
  • Clear means of communicating.
  • Real time
  • Ease of use
  • Seamless integration with MS Office Outlook.
It works great for meetings and training where visual aid is required. It is not ideal to have more than 4 active callers at a time. Communication effectiveness reduces dramatically. The quality of the communication is also severely affected if the data connection is poor, which we sometimes suffer from. It would be nice for basic training. Video could be available to teach new users about the key success factors for great meetings in BlueJeans
Read Francois Roets's full review
Takao Sakaguchi | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 25, 2020

BlueJeans is nice

We are using the BlueJeans for all kinds of meetings that involve projecting presentations, sending videos, as well as chatting in case the participants can't speak because of a private situation. We are a collaboration of many scientists all over the world, and BlueJeans is mainly used for discussing scientific results and the strategy of an experiment.
  • Presentations are clearly displayed.
  • Sounds are good.
  • 323 is not supported. It's a downside when your personal meeting wants to connect to a conventional video conference.
  • Sometimes sound break up.
It is suitable to accommodate many people and get all of them on the same page. BlueJeans can easily accommodate more than 50 people. Presentations and live discussions can also be held. The downside is that H323 is not supported. If your network is not good, your sound breaks up.
Read Takao Sakaguchi's full review
John Froehlich | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 25, 2020

Just like my favorite pair of blue jeans! Trusty and hard working.

My whole organization uses BlueJeans. We have speakers in every conference room. Each employee has a BlueJeans log in to set up meetings. Since our office has two different locations using BlueJeans for video conferencing is a great feature. Not only is BlueJeans easy to use, but it also syncs with Outlook for quick inserting into meeting invites.
  • Setting up meetings.
  • Video conferencing is just a click of a button.
  • Only some of the conference room speakers are set up to auto-populate with the meeting and room request.
  • Quality of sounds
I had to set up training for our DC office and needed to include colleagues in Chicago. BlueJeans was a simple process to share the login features, and everyone was instantly connected. I was able to share my screen and walk around the room and give the training. I was also able to RECORD the whole training to be able to send around afterward.
Read John Froehlich's full review
Shashishekar Markandeya | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 14, 2020

Frequent user feedback

In Terex we use BJ for video and audio calls with team members across the globe for meetings discussions, etc. The main issue I have often faced is the call clarity not being good, on-off voice during the call or the message appearing as “ network issues." Many times I have faced issues related to connection despite a high bandwidth internet zone.
  • The share option.
  • Annotation while on the call isn’t great. Need more options for user-friendly ways to annotate or sketch especially for engineering discussions.
  • Presentation mode with 2 LCD screens. A laptop with an additional monitor is a major challenge as sharing doesn’t work often with 2 LCDs.
Easy to use for a video conference call, can share files during the call, screen sharing option is good, and overall, the interface and the options to use while on the call are good. Needs improvement in call clarity, better annotating options and presentation modes. Especially multi-screen sharing with lap prop and extra monitor situations.
Read Shashishekar Markandeya's full review
Chris Haynes | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 12, 2020

Solid Collaboration Tool

We use BlueJeans throughout the organization. The marketing department piloted it and we rolled it out company-wide. Because of that, the marketing group uses it most widely. We work in a separate location from the rest of the org, so it's used heavily for split meetings and presentations.
  • The UI is pretty easy to navigate.
  • Integration with the Microsoft Suite is easy - One button click to add it to your meeting.
  • Background noise is often picked up and makes call quality just alright.
  • Some users have difficulty sharing their screen and it will crash the program.
BlueJeans does best when the users are near the mic and/or they are on a laptop - the quality on a laptop is very high. It's challenged when there is a single mic in a large room of people, the technology has trouble differentiating between a speaker and background noise.
Read Chris Haynes's full review
Annette Lynch, OLY | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 11, 2020

BlueJeans functionality is a winner for video conferencing services

We use BlueJeans for conference calls and the live stream of workshops. It is used by our conference team and business development team. It helps us to connect face-to-face with stakeholders as well as clients that are unable to attend the live workshops—especially important on Maui, Hawaii where our clients include those on neighboring islands.
  • Easy setup and connectivity.
  • Platform is easy to navigate.
  • Can't think of anything.
Really useful for conference calls and livestreaming—we just use it for a small audience. Suites our needs.
Read Annette Lynch, OLY's full review
PETR HRDINA | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 11, 2020

How is Blue Jeans product leveraged in 4Finance company

4Finance is an international company across the EU, Americas, and part of Asia. We use BlueJeans for communication across the whole organization internationally and also for communication with 3-rd parties. All the team - business and IT - are using the BlueJeans daily for regular calls. It addresses all the communication business problems.
  • Calls and video conferences provided by BlueJeans are of high quality. Excellent is also a mobile application for people which are temporarily in terrain.
  • Recording of calls is extremely useful.
  • A mobile application could be better optimized for scheduling calls. At the time schedule calendar is not visible there.
  • When using Polycom end devices, there are sometimes problems when sharing the computer screen by connecting computer to Polycom. Sometimes one has to play around before it starts to work.
Do not find any case where BlueJeans would be poorly suited. It is useful, and the key is the quality of the communication line the whole week - which is satisfactory.
Read PETR HRDINA's full review

High quality audio (433)
High quality video (430)
Low bandwidth requirements (387)
Mobile support (354)
Desktop sharing (423)
Whiteboards (168)
Calendar integration (384)
Meeting initiation (408)
Integrates with social media (127)
Record meetings / events (354)
Slideshows (265)
Live chat (319)
Audience polling (123)
Q&A (162)
User authentication (274)
Participant roles & permissions (284)
Confidential attendee list (182)

About BlueJeans

The BlueJeans meetings platform aims to bring video, audio and web conferencing together with the collaboration tools people use every day.

It is a cloud service that connects desktops, mobile devices and room systems in one video meeting. According to the vendor, BlueJeans makes meetings fast to join and simple to use, so people can work productively where and how they want.

BlueJeans Features

Performance & Compatibility of Online Events Software Features
Has featureHigh quality audio
Has featureHigh quality video
Has featureLow bandwidth requirements
Has featureChrome compatible
Has featureFirefox compatible
Has featureSafari compatible
Does not have featureIE compatible
Has featureAvailable for Linux
Has featureAvailable for OS X
Has featureAvailable for Windows
Has featureMobile support
Screen Sharing Features
Has featureDesktop sharing
Does not have featureDocument/File sharing
Has featureApplication sharing
Has featureWhiteboards
Online Meetings / Events Features
Has featureScheduling
Has featureCalendar integration
Has featureMeeting initiation
Has featureEnd meetings
Has featureIntegrates with social media
Has featureRecord meetings / events
Has featureParticipant list
Has featureConfidential attendee list
Has featureSecure file sharing

BlueJeans Integrations

Slack, Microsoft Office 365, Workplace by Facebook, HipChat, Canvas, Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Google Calendar, Alexa for Business

BlueJeans Competitors