BlueJeans is a web conferencing and unified communications software with multi-vendor, multi-device interoperability with both mobile and browser integration for businesses of any size.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/3D/pB/JIJ514N302NX.PNGBlueJeans Is A Great Videoconference And Screensharing OptionBlueJeans is used for more high profile meetings in our more technologically advanced conference rooms. It is also available to the entire organization as an option for specific needs. The main need is if presenters would like to share videos. The teams the currently uses BlueJeans the most are our Pristine Seas team and the Education team. For both, it provides that video sharing functionality that other services do not currently have.,Customer service is great! A company may have a great product but if customer service is terrible, that company may lost customers. On the other hand, a company may have an ok product but the customer service is so exceptional, that it might not even matter what the product is. With BlueJeans, both the product and customer service are top quality! Our major selling point is that BlueJeans provides a way to seamlessly share videos remotely. No other platform we have tried has a way of doing this as well as BlueJeans. BlueJeans is also very flexible on the amount of people that may join a call. Customer service may provide options for even higher counts (150+) if needed. The BlueJeans analytics for each meeting are an important part for any company looking to have a transparent eco friendly approach. We often share how many miles, gas, etc. funds have been saved because the meeting was virtual instead of in person.,Video sharing could be made better by allowing people to simply go through their presentation (Keynot/PowerPoint, etc.) without having to upload the video ahead of time (I believe BlueJeans is working on this). Providing an option to choose what join information to share with remote participants would also be great. Currently, every option is sent (joining from phone, mobile, and a videoconference unit). Most of the time, we are sending to participants who do not and will not be using a videoconference unit. I usually just delete that information from the message, but it would be easier (and one less step) if that could be an option.,10,Money saved on travel expenses for remote participants. (Food, transportation, hotels, etc.) Time savings on important matters; instead of waiting a day or 2 to coordinate travel to get a remote participant in town to discuss, we can set up a BlueJeans meeting within minutes. Better remote experience for our teams that have a large catalog of video content that must be share with remote participants.,Google Hangouts, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Zoom, WebEx Event Center and GoToMeeting,8,BlueJeans may be integrated with calendars. However, since BlueJeans is not our main platform, we do not use that feature. We do not use many of the BlueJeans integration features because of the other platforms we mainly use.,The command center is well equipped for our needs to monitor usage, administer rights to users, view and print up meeting analytics, etc. It also helps us in troubleshooting issues that are reported in meetings.,5,5,Using it so share videos International phone dialing options Recording meetings,As a way to document meetings (recording) without necessarily having someone on the other end As a way to interface with non BlueJeans videoconference products,As better features are added, BlueJeans becomes more valuable Hoping to take advantage of some new features in the works,5,Google Hangouts, WebEx Event Center, GoToMeeting, Zoom,Yes,Product Features Product Usability Prior Experience with the Product,I'm not sure if it would change too much or at all.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled,User testing User adoption,8,Online training Self-taught,8,Yes. There may be a slight learning curve for those with admin rights...,8,Perhaps provide a way to have global settings for different groups. For example, an admin team may want to have remote participants muted on entry, but other meetings may not want that option. Although this setting may be set on a per meeting (or recurring meeting) basis, maybe it could also be tied to a group or team...,No - there is no facility to customize the interface,No - the product does not support adding custom code,No configuration has been made,7,Yes,Yes...We have been dealing with an issue for most of the year where audio would drop out for one of our remote participants from only one of our conference rooms. We tried everything, including switching out systems, rewiring the rooms, upgrading firmware, etc. The BlueJeans team sat in on a couple of calls and provided more details regarding what could possibly be happening. Some of these calls lasted 4 hours! They did not have to do that, but they did. Although the issue was not resolved (we think it's just a bad room, although it is one of our more technically advanced rooms), we appreciate the support team going above and beyond....,Chat Screensharing Mic control options,Video sharing Polling/Q&A,Yes,8,10,9,Google Calendar,Google Hangouts,Single Signon,9,Ensure you have the right components necessary for a successful integration.,8,8,N/A,Keep the lines of communication open!,No,Pending upgrade: video sharing process improved!,Video sharing is supposed to be seamless (no more pre uploads!) Better audio quality New interfaces with better navigation,No,NoOur team likes BlueJeansWe are a 100% online business with employees scattered all over the country (and some team members abroad), working from their homes. BlueJeans is what we use for all of our group meetings, as well as some one-on-one sessions. Aside from simply having a way to meet together with our geographic separation, we extensively use the screen sharing feature to talk about the systems we are working with. Most people choose not to turn their video cameras on. I also sometimes use this to help customers with technical issues they are having; if it's something where I can't figure out why it's working for me but not them, I use BlueJeans to have them share their screen so I can figure out what's happening on their computer specifically.,The sound is always clear -- a number of employees have commented on that. We used to use GoToMeeting, and when we got BlueJeans, that was the most frequent comment about why they liked BlueJeans better. I've used GoToMeeting with our company and attended WebEx and Zoom with other companies, and while there are generally no complaints about the sound at the others, something about BlueJeans sound seems exceptionally clear. It's cheap. I'm not sure about the current price comparison, but when we switched from GoToMeeting to BlueJeans, BlueJeans was about one-third of the price of GoToMeeting. It's easy to use. I've had much fewer issues with people joining, being able to mute them, and things of that nature than I had with GoToMeeting. Screen sharing is easier also. There's also a permanent personal meeting number that I can use anytime for an instant, unplanned meeting. Customer support has been excellent. They're generally easy to get in contact with and are knowledgeable and helpful.,One thing that I liked better about GoToMeeting was the separation of the chat box from the main screen. It's important to be able to see the chat box while I'm presenting, but the way it's set up on BlueJeans, it's combined with the main screen and so it's quite inconvenient. Another problem with this is that if I'm sharing my screen for presenting, when I look at the chats-- which would even include private chats-- they show up for everyone to see. This is a major flaw. The chat box should be separate. I have recurring meetings, with meeting numbers, which I would like to send out reminders of to team members. In version 1 of BlueJeans, I could copy and paste those. In the current version (2), I cannot; I have to memorize and type them in manually to my reminder messages. For my permanent person meeting number, I can copy it easily. However, this is not possible with other meeting IDs. Why would they make the meeting numbers not possible to copy? Similarly, in version 1, after the meeting, I could copy the chat box, which I kept with the meeting's presentation and meeting minutes for recordkeeping. The chats could also remind me who said what in the meeting for the purpose of writing my meeting minutes. With version 2, chat is no longer copiable, so I have to use multiple screenshots to get all the chats -- what a pain. Scheduling meetings is not convenient. It forces me to a web page to do so.,9,The biggest return on investment is that it only costs one-third of what we were paying with Citrix GoToMeeting. We've always used online meetings, so there isn't really any other change in ROI from what we used previously.,GoToMeeting, Zoom and Webex Meetings,9,I would like to be able to schedule meetings directly in BlueJeans, but it seems to only work with Google and Outlook, and I don't use either of those tools (I use Mac Calendar). So, when I want to schedule a meeting, it takes me to a web page -- I don't like that. Beyond that, I haven't investigated how it integrates with anything else.,We don't have this feature at our organization.,No,9,Yes,During the time we couldn't get version 2 to work, I was glad when someone finally offered to allow us to downgrade back to version 1 again.Blue jeans is easy!We use BlueJeans to communicate smoothly with our outside sales team. Corporate sends out an invitation to the guys in our territory so they can remote in. This saves our company money and time. No gas, no hotels... no nights away from their families.,Ease of use, no exhaustive directions needed. Sign on and follow the prompts Never a struggle. Send out the room link, and they are on Affordable Communication of updates helps keep us informed,We would love to have multiple rooms accessed Since we are a small company only using internally, the bigger packages don’t make sense for us, but would be interested in a middle ground You guys really do a great job,9,Less travel Less hotels More time with family due to less travel, is priceless,Skype for Business (formerly Lync) and Cisco Webex Room Series (formerly Cisco Spark Room Series),9,I’m inside the office, but the technology challenged sales guys in our territory can use the app seemlesslyBlueJeans has transformed how we do business for the better!We use BlueJeans on almost a daily basis, across our whole LA office staff. From our producers, to our creative teams, to admin/business manager, to our VPs, BlueJeans has played a crucial role in opening up a new level of communication, not only between our other office locations (NY, London, Tokyo), but between our current and potential new clients. BlueJeans is one of those things where you can't imagine how you possibly operated without it. Prior to implementing BlueJeans at our company, we were a huddled mass of people, crammed around someones laptop, doing a FaceTime or any other of the low-rent video conferencing solutions out there. When you have BlueJeans in your office, not only is the quality amazing, the ease of use with setting up meetings to using it in the conference room [is as well] - my mom could do it. We use the Dolby Base Station in conjunction with the BlueJeans conference system camera combo and it works like a charm. Tap in a meeting ID into the Dolby unit, enter a password and presto-chango, you're in a meeting. I swear, it's that simple.,Easy to use. Amazing video conference call quality, with little to no audio delay. Amazing value for the price you pay. Super friendly support staff. Great and easy to use web portal.,Very rarely, but sometimes when starting up a video conference with the Dolby base station, you enter the info, the system starts up but then it sits there and loads and then just quits out. You have to re-enter a second time and then it works. Because I also use my iPhone as a hotspot with T-Mobile and have that left on by default, when using the BlueJeans mobile app via an iPad, it defaults to using my hotspot over our company's wifi. Before figuring it out, I was getting a not so great strength of signal, with the app telling me it was switching to low-bandwidth. I finally figured it out, but would be nice for the app to go with the stronger signal overall, not necessarily the signal that is "closest" to the iPad.,10,Money saved on travel to our other office locations around the world. Allowed us to pitch ideas and concepts to clients, which has resulted in us getting the job. Has cut down on email chains and opened up new levels of communication, only thought previously to be done in person.,Cisco Webex Teams (formerly Cisco Spark) and Lifesize Video Conferencing,10,When you schedule a BlueJeans meeting, in the email invite, a calendar invite is auto-generated. You click on it and it is added to your calendar. All the details for the meeting is in the calendar invite, along with the email. We haven't really used the messaging apps for it, so can't really comment on that. Like mentioned earlier, the ability to have a client or colleague just click on a button in an email and have it open up the meeting, has saved so much time for us compared to pre-BlueJeans.BlueJeans is Superior - Increased Productivity and RelationshipsI am with a Network Marketing company and have about 3,000 people in my organization. I use BlueJeans for video calling with leaders. I use it for smaller "meetings" of 3-5 people and also for larger video meetings of 10-20. The primary reason I initially switched from Zoom to BlueJeans is because of the ability and ease to broadcast LIVE to my Facebook group with my leaders. This allows us to collaborate and do teaching with multiple teachers on our team page. We also use the video call feature to do more private meetings without broadcasting it. it allows us to work smart from home!,Broadcasting to Facebook - this is key to be able to broadcast LIVE with multiple teachings on our team page and other information pages. The Video Call feature is key. It allows us to work from home but still collaborate, and seeing each other makes it even more personal. The ease of use for the program and multiple ways to use it make it a must-have for a business owner! The price point is amazing for everything you receive!,The majority of my coworkers use Zoom. I wish BlueJeans was more widely known and used!!! The Live function for FB is amazing but I am always confused when I hit the button to go Live and then type in the title. I don't know if I'm Live yet and unsure of when its gone Live. This is minor. I would love to see the ability to go Live on multiple Facebook pages with one broadcast.,10,More productive leader planning meetings. Improved relations with team members. Brings a more personal touch when you are talking with a prospect or team member that doesn't live nearby. If something happens where you can't meet in person - this is the next best thing!,,9,I honestly don't use this integration.
BlueJeans

BlueJeans Reviews

BlueJeans
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 441 vetted BlueJeans reviews and ratings

Marcus Manderson profile photo
April 13, 2019

Review: "BlueJeans Is A Great Videoconference And Screensharing Option"

• Customer service is great! A company may have a great product but if customer service is terrible, that company may lost customers. On the other hand, a company may have an ok product but the customer service is so exceptional, that it might not even matter what the product is. With BlueJeans, both the product and customer service are top quality!
  • Our major selling point is that BlueJeans provides a way to seamlessly share videos remotely. No other platform we have tried has a way of doing this as well as BlueJeans.
  • BlueJeans is also very flexible on the amount of people that may join a call. Customer service may provide options for even higher counts (150+) if needed.
  • The BlueJeans analytics for each meeting are an important part for any company looking to have a transparent eco friendly approach. We often share how many miles, gas, etc. funds have been saved because the meeting was virtual instead of in person.
  • Video sharing could be made better by allowing people to simply go through their presentation (Keynot/PowerPoint, etc.) without having to upload the video ahead of time (I believe BlueJeans is working on this).
  • Providing an option to choose what join information to share with remote participants would also be great. Currently, every option is sent (joining from phone, mobile, and a videoconference unit). Most of the time, we are sending to participants who do not and will not be using a videoconference unit. I usually just delete that information from the message, but it would be easier (and one less step) if that could be an option.
Well suited for applications where you want to have a high quality video conference experience and incorporate screen sharing and video sharing. May not be necessary for lower profile meetings with just a handful of remote participants that do not require screen sharing (or require very minimal screen sharing).
Read Marcus Manderson's full review
J Lee Harshbarger profile photo
February 15, 2019

User Review: "Our team likes BlueJeans"

• The sound is always clear -- a number of employees have commented on that. We used to use GoToMeeting, and when we got BlueJeans, that was the most frequent comment about why they liked BlueJeans better. I've used GoToMeeting with our company and attended WebEx and Zoom with other companies, and while there are generally no complaints about the sound at the others, something about BlueJeans sound seems exceptionally clear.
  • It's cheap. I'm not sure about the current price comparison, but when we switched from GoToMeeting to BlueJeans, BlueJeans was about one-third of the price of GoToMeeting.
  • It's easy to use. I've had much fewer issues with people joining, being able to mute them, and things of that nature than I had with GoToMeeting. Screen sharing is easier also. There's also a permanent personal meeting number that I can use anytime for an instant, unplanned meeting.
  • Customer support has been excellent. They're generally easy to get in contact with and are knowledgeable and helpful.
  • One thing that I liked better about GoToMeeting was the separation of the chat box from the main screen. It's important to be able to see the chat box while I'm presenting, but the way it's set up on BlueJeans, it's combined with the main screen and so it's quite inconvenient. Another problem with this is that if I'm sharing my screen for presenting, when I look at the chats-- which would even include private chats-- they show up for everyone to see. This is a major flaw. The chat box should be separate.
  • I have recurring meetings, with meeting numbers, which I would like to send out reminders of to team members. In version 1 of BlueJeans, I could copy and paste those. In the current version (2), I cannot; I have to memorize and type them in manually to my reminder messages. For my permanent person meeting number, I can copy it easily. However, this is not possible with other meeting IDs. Why would they make the meeting numbers not possible to copy?
  • Similarly, in version 1, after the meeting, I could copy the chat box, which I kept with the meeting's presentation and meeting minutes for recordkeeping. The chats could also remind me who said what in the meeting for the purpose of writing my meeting minutes. With version 2, chat is no longer copiable, so I have to use multiple screenshots to get all the chats -- what a pain.
  • Scheduling meetings is not convenient. It forces me to a web page to do so.
BlueJeans is well-suited for our group meetings of about 15 people, and also well-suited for one-on-one screen sharing. Something along that line that I like is also the feature of "screen share only." Sometimes I start talking to someone on the phone, and we realize it would be better to see each other's screens. I can give them my permanent personal meeting ID and we can join as "screen share only," still talking on the phone, so that we don't have to switch audio but can just keep talking as we get the screen set up. As for where it's less appropriate, if you are screen sharing and rely a lot on chat, especially chat that cannot be seen by others, it's not well-suited for that.
Read J Lee Harshbarger's full review
Heather McNulty profile photo
February 15, 2019

BlueJeans Review: "Blue jeans is easy!"

• Ease of use, no exhaustive directions needed. Sign on and follow the prompts
  • Never a struggle. Send out the room link, and they are on
  • Affordable
  • Communication of updates helps keep us informed
  • We would love to have multiple rooms accessed
  • Since we are a small company only using internally, the bigger packages don’t make sense for us, but would be interested in a middle ground
  • You guys really do a great job
We really use the open room application, but have struggled a FEW times with not putting it on the calendar. Having two rooms available would be helpful.
Read Heather McNulty's full review
Matthew Poletto profile photo
February 11, 2019

Review: "BlueJeans has transformed how we do business for the better!"

• Easy to use.
  • Amazing video conference call quality, with little to no audio delay.
  • Amazing value for the price you pay.
  • Super friendly support staff.
  • Great and easy to use web portal.
  • Very rarely, but sometimes when starting up a video conference with the Dolby base station, you enter the info, the system starts up but then it sits there and loads and then just quits out. You have to re-enter a second time and then it works.
  • Because I also use my iPhone as a hotspot with T-Mobile and have that left on by default, when using the BlueJeans mobile app via an iPad, it defaults to using my hotspot over our company's wifi. Before figuring it out, I was getting a not so great strength of signal, with the app telling me it was switching to low-bandwidth. I finally figured it out, but would be nice for the app to go with the stronger signal overall, not necessarily the signal that is "closest" to the iPad.
I honestly think BlueJeans is well suited in most situations at our office, where easy communication between teams and clients is needed. I don't think there are any scenarios where it would be less appropriate to use. More communication and less confusion with what you want to do or say is always going to be a good thing in the workspace. When you're talking about other alternatives to not using BlueJeans, I can't imagine how that would be appropriate when you have BlueJeans available to use. Maybe you don't use the video portion of BlueJeans and only utilize the audio for certain clients or a vendor, but besides that, I am of the opinion of using BlueJeans whenever/wherever.
Read Matthew Poletto's full review
Kymber Williams profile photo
January 25, 2019

Review: "BlueJeans is Superior - Increased Productivity and Relationships"

• Broadcasting to Facebook - this is key to be able to broadcast LIVE with multiple teachings on our team page and other information pages.
  • The Video Call feature is key. It allows us to work from home but still collaborate, and seeing each other makes it even more personal.
  • The ease of use for the program and multiple ways to use it make it a must-have for a business owner!
  • The price point is amazing for everything you receive!
  • The majority of my coworkers use Zoom. I wish BlueJeans was more widely known and used!!!
  • The Live function for FB is amazing but I am always confused when I hit the button to go Live and then type in the title. I don't know if I'm Live yet and unsure of when its gone Live. This is minor.
  • I would love to see the ability to go Live on multiple Facebook pages with one broadcast.
BlueJeans is a key for those in network marketing. It allows connecting with prospects and is much more personal than the phone. With the importance of Social Media in businesses, it is incredible to go live with multiple people in a FB group for training, motivation or just information. You can have team members and prospects in multiple places - and they are still getting personal training from their leader.

This wouldn't be ideal for a business where every employee lives in the same place and sees one another daily. It's perfect for those with employees or clients spread out all over.
Read Kymber Williams's full review
Mauro Osvaldo Sepulveda Gutierrez profile photo
January 17, 2019

Review: "Bluejeans: excellent option for web conferences."

We have been using Bluejeans over than 3 years, we selected this solution especially for the capability to interconnect with other devices from different vendors by H.323 connection. We use the option for room systems and it works very well. We also think BlueJeans is a good option for businesses that don't have a hard infrastructure for meetings because you only need a web camera and a simple microphone to achieve excellent call quality. We deploy this solution for the entire company and we are very satisfied with it. we have 5 accounts and the IT department manages these accounts and create the meetings when the users need it. This solution has many features like screen sharing, recording meetings and join PSTN audio. In general, it is a good choice for a web conference solution.
  • BlueJeans has excellent quality audio, when you join PSTN + VoIP the quality still excellent.
  • BlueJeans has a good advantage by allowing an Interconnection with multiple vendors by H.323
  • The Service is always up in the more than 3 years we have been using the solution.
  • I think the app has stopped being so intuitive over the years
  • The quality of the video is good but sometimes it takes a few minutes to adjust the quality
  • I think it would be a great idea if BlueJeans develops its own hardware, camera, microphones, etc.
A good scenario is when you don't have a video conference infrastructure in all your offices and you need to join them together. In this case, BlueJeans can join them with good quality. A less appropriate scenario is when you have all your infrastructure based on only one vendor. I think in this scenario BlueJeans is not a good solution.
Read Mauro Osvaldo Sepulveda Gutierrez's full review
Dara Naphan profile photo
December 12, 2018

BlueJeans Review: "Blue Jeans makes life convenient; it has room for improvement but they seem eager to work on that"

We use Blue Jeans for a grant-funded research project. There are small groups of people meet biweekly members, and have been using blue jeans for the past 8 months or so every two weeks for about an hour and 1/2. We purchased the license last November and have been using it since then. We also use the program to meet with each other about the program, and with our external evaluator. Finally, our research group (separate from this project) uses it to meet virtually every now and then. For the program, I guess it's meeting the problem that not everyone is in the same place; it allows for people across the country to meet.
  • The scheduling is pretty easy, and straight forward. It's easy to invite people to the meetings. It's also easy for people who aren't on the account to just download the app, and the fact that it's on their computer, tablet or phone is pretty nice as well. Some of our participants have had to meet while in the car, for example, so being able to use the app on their phone is helpful.
  • I really like the screen sharing feature, and it works with a number of programs. When using Blue Jeans to work on a paper/publication with someone else, I find it's actually easier to have it right in front of you, as opposed to looking at someone else's screen if you were in the same room.
  • The quality of the videos is usually quite good. All of the actual functions when using the app have worked well for us.
  • It's nice you can record and share videos as well.
  • For our project (like I explained earlier) we have groups of people meet every few weeks, and they talk about very sensitive material, so, we decided (for assessment/research purposes) to not record the videos. Therefore, we decided we'd have the moderators of the meeting meet briefly afterward and debrief, and record THAT meeting, and share it with us, the research team. I believe we had to pay quite a bit to get this feature, and it unfortunately has not been very easy to deal with, because the coaches have to share the video with me. In the beginning, sometimes they would send it to me, and it was not download-able, or at least I thought, because the "download" button was not apparent on my screen (I had to widen the screen). I don't know why it's all the way to the right. That's probably a mis-step on my part, but you could just move that button to where it's visible. Also, I had to periodically nag these busy people to share their videos with me, and that was a bit of a pain. I was supposed to watch the videos immediately afterward to keep abreast of what was going on, and it just slowed us down. I guess what I'm suggesting is to give the option for an administrator (like myself) to access recorded videos in their enterprise. What we'll have to do next time around, is that I think I will have to be the moderator, schedule all the meetings and someone not "attend" the meetings (cancel my audio and video) and record all the videos. ALSO, I don't like that it's just shared through my email, I click on a link to get to the video, and that they actually DISAPPEAR after some time. Why can't they just appear in my recordings or something? They are hard to dig through my email again to find them. That's a silly feature that I would think could be fixed, and has been a source of my dissatisfaction for the software.
  • The internal control system for the admin is very confusing. For example, for some reason I thought that for people in my enterprise (my coaches) to share their videos with me, they had to be designated as administrators themselves. Recently, it turned out that one of the moderators of the sessions could not see her scheduled meetings, and for some reason one of the other coaches personal meetings was popping up in her list of scheduled meetings. All of her past meetings had disappeared from control board as well. She was very concerned about this for reasons of confidentiality related to our project. I have no idea what this was the only time, to my knowledge that this had happened for other coaches. Anyway, I talked to a customer service rep and he explained that videos disappear from the command center tab, and that you have to go to your profile on the main dashboard, then scroll down, click on a few things.. you get my point. I don't know why it's not more intuitive.
  • Customer Service has been annoying. Generally speaking, I get very frustrated that these types of jobs are outsourced to other countries, in part because I have a very hard time understanding the customer service agent. They are always incredibly nice, but the last time I called it should not have taken 45 minutes out of my day for me to figure out what was going on; it should have taken no more than 15 minutes in my opinion. Practically everything the last representative I talked to said I had to ask him to repeat himself, and it was very embarrassing for the both of us. I really don't know the solution here, it's just a source of frustration for me.
I think it's well-suited for general online working meetings within small groups. It's great for people who need to connect and not be in the same place, obviously. If someone can't make it to a work meeting, it's nice to just link them in via Blue Jeans.
I'm not sure in what scenario it would be less appropriate, to be honest, but we haven't used it in larger meetings with 10+ people.
Read Dara Naphan's full review
H. Kipsang Choge profile photo
December 11, 2018

BlueJeans Review: "The Ultimate Cloud-based Video Conferencing Solution"

We use BlueJeans across our entire organization, as well as some of our overseas affiliates for all kinds of meetings: from small team meetings within the same premises when users do not have access to the limited number of physical meeting rooms, to countrywide/global meetings spanning several time zones. The heaviest users are in the core business divisions - pharmaceutical sales, marketing, planning, and accounting.
  • BlueJeans provides an easy and seamless experience for users joining meetings from a multitude of devices, with a minimal number of steps between receiving a meeting invite and getting into the meeting. There are is no clutter in the joining instructions or interfaces, making it easy even those of our users than do not understand English.
  • The low-bandwidth mode that is available for mobile devices is very helpful for many of our mobile users who do not have a guaranteed 4G LTE signal as they join meetings from remote locations. In this mode they are able to view shared content and receive audio with minimal distortions or dropped calls.
  • Setting up meeting invites is particularly simple and with the Outlook Add-in that most of our users use, Bluejeans elevates the experience to new heights. The updated add-in, after the issues and hiccups with the first version, is easy to install and set up and once it is set up, works like an integral part of Outlook with no issues at all.
  • The upgrade of the BlueJeans desktop client from 1.x to 2.x saw the transition to completely redesigned interface which is quite impressive from a UI point of view. However, the upgrade seems to have been rushed without enough testing and confirmation of feature availability when using all possible OS and processor combinations. Features that our users had come to love in 1.x, such as remote desktop control, sharing of recorded/uploaded video during meetings, and temporary un-mute ('push-to-talk') capability during meetings seem to have disappeared or are not working with the new desktop version.
  • Another feature that is no longer available with the newer versions of BlueJeans is the ability to see all scheduled meetings in the web portal once a named host logs in. This was available until about Autumn 2017, after which a user does not have visibility to meetings scheduled in the Outlook add-in when they log on to their web interface.
  • Support for more languages would certainly be great, beyond the few it now supports. Our Japanese users would really love to have their language supported, as am sure other major language-users in Asia are.
BlueJeans is a great conferencing/collaboration solution for organizations transitioning from on-premise video conferencing MCU towards a cloud-based service as it provides an easy-to-use, high quality video and audio experience combined with seamless connectivity from existing room systems without any new investments in software or hardware. BlueJeans excels in medium to large meetings where attendees join from a variety of devices including PCs, smartphones and tablets, providing a uniformly engaging user experience.
Read H. Kipsang Choge's full review
Brett Hill profile photo
November 01, 2018

Review: "BlueJeans IS the best solution for Small to Medium Business - don't settle for less."

BlueJeans was initially selected as the only viable and affordable solution for meeting rooms. BlueJeans did not and does not require us to use expensive proprietary hardware for meeting rooms.

We currently use BlueJeans company wide for all video conferencing. Employees use BlueJeans for one-on-one meetings, team meetings, town halls, customer presentations & collaboration, training and more. All of our conference rooms, large-to-small, are equipped with the meeting room software. All employees are given access to host/joins meetings from their laptops.

Our heaviest use teams are Sales and Client Success however the most consistent use is for teams with remote users hosting team standups and other collaborative meetings.
  • Meeting room scheduling and use. Each user has the ability to schedule a meeting room and then to start the meeting only needs to click join meeting to start the meeting. Very simple.
  • Command Center gives us some ability to determine from user feedback or live meetings why a particular user had or is having a bad experience. This is so much more than any other competing product offers.
  • Finding solutions that work great on all OSs and web browsers can be difficult. Even more difficult is finding solutions that integrate with Microsoft Outlook on a Mac. BlueJeans did it. Thank you for supporting my Mac/Outlook users!
  • Our biggest challenge is that BlueJeans still isn't as well know as some of the competitors. Our customers are financial institutions who regularly only allow a white list of web addresses to come through to their networks. BlueJeans has not made it in to many of the financial institutions and as a result we had to retain a few licenses of a competing product for when this issue hits.
  • This issue may seem a bit petty, but has hit us a few times. When and employee leaves employment and then returns we have to contact BlueJeans support to re-enable their user account.
  • I would love to have the ability to record to the local machine at a higher resolution then sync up to the cloud after the meeting is over. I don't know how this can be done, but that would be great.
I recommend BlueJeans all the time. I push it on vendors I talk to who are using competing products that just don't work as well.
Read Brett Hill's full review
Daniel P. Geer, MMin, MATS profile photo
November 01, 2018

User Review: "BlueJeans for Everyday Communication"

World Harvest Bible College uses BlueJeans for including remote learners in live class sessions. Every course offered on campus is available for remote learners regardless of their location. Because of our use, the Executive Board also adopted BlueJeans to hold meetings when time constraints prevented traveling for face-to-face meetings. Several of our board members are pastors and time is already restricted. BlueJeans allows them to get together without traveling for several hours, enabling them to communicate without the hindrance of travel time.
  • BlueJeans is an easy user experience. Our remote students use a variety of technology, including notebooks and tablets. BlueJeans created an app that makes use easy as well.
  • BlueJeans has a small footprint, enabling users to use whatever technology they own. I have had one user join class with a cell phone.
  • BlueJeans enables remote students to both hear lecture and ask questions, while in class. We have also had remote users join small groups in break-out sessions; one local student simply brings their laptop to the group, and the remote learner is in the group via that laptop.
  • In a normal size classroom, the mic on the camera (Logitech C922 Pro Stream) is adequate to capture both lecture and student comments, creating a truly live experience.
  • Recording the session creates a large file. We use streaming on YouTube to capture the session for later viewing. Sessions are then posted in our online classroom for students who could not attend live.
  • The school has one older iMac that cannot use the app. Blue Jeans works in the web browser, but the app is really a good experience. The school is not going to replace a functioning piece of equipment if it can help it!
We recommend BlueJeans, not only for its useful function but also because its cost is reasonable. WHBC is using inexpensive equipment;our cameras are not what might be called professional quality. High-end expense is not necessary for BlueJeans to do a great job relaying both audio and video in a meeting. Users on the other end who also have a mic can enjoy two-way communication, such as in classes or meetings. Because it is easy to use, an organization does not need a "technology department" to benefit from BlueJeans.
Read Daniel P. Geer, MMin, MATS's full review
David Paton profile photo
November 01, 2018

Review: "BlueJeans keeps us working together in a global environment"

BlueJeans is the preferred tool across the entire organization where I work. I typically have 5 - 10 meetings a day using BlueJeans. Our company is distributed globally. BlueJeans allows our organization to communicate effectively. BlueJeans is feature rich and yet easy to use. The settings and options available have been thought thru to be useful and easy to configure.
  • BlueJeans can handle meetings of the size typically found in the business environment. If video is being shared, the video of the person speaking will appear in the interface. If only audio is being shared the name of the person will be bolded. BlueJeans has the information you want to see in the interface displayed in an intuitive way.
  • A BlueJeans add-on provides a seamless integration with Microsoft Outlook. You can schedule recurring meetings, start a meeting immediately or have a standing BlueJeans "number" to include in all of your meeting invitations.
  • BlueJeans allows you to share all or part of your screen with meeting participants. Sharing control can be passed to the participants which provides a dynamic meeting environment.
  • We occasionally have times when BlueJeans doesn't want to function. A notice appears that says there are server issues. But we really don't know why this is occurring. When you rely on BlueJeans as heavily as we do it can be frustrating.
  • The "notification" that you are sending your video feed is not obvious enough. I often attend meetings where participants are unaware they are sending their video. Setting the "default" mode to "not sending video" is easily overridden and forgotten by the user.
BlueJeans is great in the business environment. For meetings up to 20 people it is my favorite tool. As the number of attendees goes beyond that, it can get more chaotic if many people want to engage in the conversation. For those working at home, a large number of video feeds can cause some increase in the bandwidth needed.
When working at home it is bests to switch to using your home phone with BlueJeans. It is integrated into the interface to switch to a phone. Even at work I have seen the audio drop out at times for some participants.
Read David Paton's full review
Jorge Luis Cabrera Chirre profile photo
February 22, 2019

BlueJeans Review: "The best blue jeans I've ever tried"

BlueJeans is the main networking platform for COGNIZUL, because this is used to share knowledge with other people, and coordinate meetings to solve engineer problems. All our main objectives are the development of engineer software, and we have a team that is over many cities. This software is very useful for us and for all our team.
  • Good calendar app.
  • Good mic options.
  • Good user interface.
  • More security for the teleconference.
  • Add passwords for each participant.
  • Better resolution with the camera.
It is very useful when your team is not in the same city, or if you want to be in a conference when you are not in the office, so you can pick up your cellphone and can get into the meeting. This is a very helpful issue.
Read Jorge Luis Cabrera Chirre's full review
Grady Cartwright profile photo
October 29, 2018

Review: "So comfortable to use and implement, its like putting on your favorite pair of BlueJeans!"

BlueJeans has been a fantastic addition to our organization. We utilize the service across all divisions, management levels, and operational tasks. From daily "round ups" to quarterly meetings. we are able to connect our staff between states and even continents.
  • BlueJeans excels at onboard training. Both from a content and availability stand point.
  • Ease of use is a high mark. The connectivity is very intuitive and easy to train.
  • The plug-in app for Office 365 makes scheduling meetings simple, fast, and intuitive.
  • In the current format video uploads are missing the mark. The foundation seems to be in place for uploading videos but the functionality of playing videos with sound or utilizing PowerPoint presentations with videos embedded does not function well.

BlueJeans is perfect and easy to use for "on the fly" meetings.

Ease of use - I have added new users, walked them through the process and had them scheduling their own meetings within 30 minutes.

Paring BlueJeans with the Dolby Voice Room set-up was absolutely perfect for our conference room. No extra wiring. The platforms participants utilize (PC, Laptop, Apple iBook) do not matter.

Read Grady Cartwright's full review
Frederic Martinoty profile photo
February 22, 2019

BlueJeans Review: "Good professional video conferencing service"

We use BlueJeans on a global scale, for conference calls between employees in different locations and time zones, or with customers and partners. We're an R&D company working on projects with many countries, and creating agrotech software. We have partners all around the world, so a reliable video conferencing tool is important to us, and it is influential on our our credibility.
  • Switching from one camera or one microphone to another while the call is running proved to be quite easy to do.
  • Good connection quality.
  • On the administrative side, BlueJeans's dashboard provides useful information to understand what happened when a video conference went wrong. From which side, whether the problem is audio-based or video-based, etc.
  • Providing a Linux based native app, compatible with Debian/Ubuntu would be a plus.
  • Providing a way to connect through the web browser without adding any plug-in would help too. Some users in big companies have a professional PC locked, without the possibility to add the Firefox/Chrome plug-in.
On the plus side :
Great for international companies, since it's easily possible to send invites from any language. We got a reliable connection quality from many countries (tried it in Europe, USA, Asia). The smartphone app is very effective (both Android & iOS).

Could be improved :
The experience for Linux-based users, especially support for Ubuntu-like systems.
Read Frederic Martinoty's full review
Seevers James profile photo
February 21, 2019

Review: "BlueJeans Video Conferencing -- Improving on Virtual Face-to-face meetings in the physical world"

BlueJeans is used across the whole of the Americas: USA, Canada, Mexico and recently, our two sites in Brazil.
BlueJeans is used by every department, and in 2018 we clocked over two(2) million meeting minutes.
Utilizing BlueJeans has helped us improve the number of face-to-face meetings (virtually) while reducing actual expense costs.
  • Face-to-face meetings are inherently important for many meetings. BlueJeans does this very well.
  • BlueJeans support is surprisingly responsive and, in m experience, has a high first call closure rate
  • The integration with Outlook is seamless and easy for even novice users of MS Outlook to quickly master
  • BlueJeans is continuously improving their offering. Plus, with the automatic updates for our users, we are able to ensure they each have the latest version with no (or mostly no) support needed from our Infrastructure Teams
  • There is no "white-boarding" feature in BlueJeans. This is the number one complaint from our User Base.
  • Sharing screens is not always a smooth process. While not every time there is a conference meeting, it is frequent to have the screens freeze -- especially on one of the Video Conference units.
BlueJeans is well suited for F2F meetings where there is not a huge amount of file (screen) sharing. Screen sharing is where the product runs the greatest risk of freezing
Read Seevers James's full review
William Davison profile photo
February 20, 2019

BlueJeans Review: "Good value for a conferencing and screen sharing software"

We use BlueJeans for 3 functions:

• Sales - We use it to demo our software to new clients.
  • Tech Support - Training and supporting users of our software.
  • Project management - Meetings and problem-solving discussions.
  • Conference calls - It has very good call quality.
  • The screen sharing quality is high with no noticeable lag.
  • I like the calendar features - Email invites and meeting details with a link to the BlueJeans' meetings work well in Google Calendar and Outlook.
  • The chat feature is oddly poor. You cannot highlight the whole conversion and just copy and paste it into a document, you can only copy one comment at a time. Needs to work more like Skype chat.
  • If Bluejeans gave you Skype-like chat functions, such as being able to drop a file into a chat to send it to everyone on the call, we could stop using Skype when contacting clients.
  • It's not always obvious who is speaking. Particularly if someone enters the call on a phone. It'd be nice for the owner of the meeting to have the ability to change the people's names.
Good conferencing and screen sharing at a reasonable price.
Read William Davison's full review
Jordan Astrope profile photo
February 20, 2019

"BlueJeans Review"

It is being used as our main Board and Committee meeting software. We use this instead of conference call codes.
  • We like the video recording feature.
  • The ability that multiple people using multiple platforms to join a meeting.
  • Struggles with scheduling. TimeZone is Central Time which for us in Saskatchewan never changes but for some reason the program defaults it to an hour ahead (due to daylight savings in some areas).
  • When you download the video file it has the same file name which causes confusion when you download many of them at once. It should be the date of the meeting.
  • Ability to create a meeting that is in a listen-only mode so people can log on and just see a presentation.
It works well for us as people are spread out over hundreds of kilometers. The pricing is high considering we are a nonprofit. There are other cheaper or free solutions we could use as an alternative. I wish they supported nonprofits more.
Read Jordan Astrope's full review
Roman Seibel profile photo
February 15, 2019

BlueJeans Review: "Overall very valuable for our company because of low friction functionality."

Used daily for:
  • Remote conferences for a distributed team.
  • Standups.
  • Occasionally for clients/partners.
  • Occasionally for potential employee interviews.
  • Integration with legacy lifeSize conference room system over an H.xxx standard.
  • Sometimes very good quality, most of the time fair.
  • It is impossible to call someone over BlueJeans, you must make an appointment and meet in a virtual room.
  • No Slack integration.
Well suited: Regular team meetings.

Less suited: Ad-hoc communication to solve a problem in remote fashion.
Read Roman Seibel's full review
Steven Carmean profile photo
October 22, 2018

Review: "BlueJeans against 4 other UC platforms. Does it hold up?"

BlueJeans is used across WGU for a plethora of reasons. From student to staff, with staff creating the meetings. I would imagine our Enrollment and Course Mentoring would use this project the most, since those groups can reach across the United States. The problem that other departments face is that they seek something they are more familiar with. Our company as a whole is pushing towards Microsoft Teams.
  • In many instances we have used BlueJeans Events for a monthly Town Hall. It has served 4,000 attendees at a time with only a small percentage of issues.
  • BlueJeans has done well with moderation controls. A moderator has the power to change the meeting as seen fit for the needs of the meeting with recording, booting attendees, approving Q&A, locking meetings, and more.
  • BlueJeans also does well with Administration. We have the ability to change SSO certificates at will, push permissions to users at a large rate, and step into live meetings to assist on demand.
  • Many people don't yet prefer BlueJeans in our company due to the lack of breakout rooms, PPT uploads, and the requirement to upload videos to play them.
  • Using the SSO login doesn't give me the control of manually provisioning accounts. I have to call their customer support line if there is an issue with SAML provisioning.
  • The service charges for events in customer hours watched. This racked up a large bill as the company scaled.
For meetings between company associates or interviews outside of the company, this product can do very well.
If there is an education system where staff are reaching out for methods of displaying educational content, this platform can feel limiting.
For people who are willing to test out new software platforms, BlueJeans does very well. There is enough of a learning curve for its use that higher education staff can feel hesitant.
Read Steven Carmean's full review
John Martin profile photo
February 09, 2019

User Review: "BlueJeans FITS ME FINE!"

BlueJeans is used across our entire organization. It allows us to meet remotely with our staff and volunteers in other states to conduct staff meetings and training (our board of directors also uses BlueJeans to meet at times) and saves us the time, money and hassle of having to travel and meet in person.
  • BlueJeans allows for video conferencing without lag time.
  • BlueJeans allows you to share your screen and/or presentations with ease.
  • BlueJeans allows you to record meetings to review at a later time or to share with others.
  • I would like to see them allow for multiple users to share screens and presentations during the same presentation.
BlueJeans is an excellent resource for online meetings! It is easy to use and works well for those who need to be able to interact with colleagues and make presentations with others in remote locations.
Read John Martin's full review
Chris Ott profile photo
February 08, 2019

User Review: "Unhappy BlueJeans User"

Our business is a creative services agency, which relies heavily on regular video conference communication with high-level executives and clients, to convey our ideas and provide our services. It is is critical to our business to have a video service to emulate, as close as possible, an in-person meeting experience. Our typical meeting consists of 2-3 members of our staff, and 2-4 client members.
  • We initially chose BlueJeans for the fact that it could be used without the need to download an application, and could work for a broad range of clients regardless of what their internal conferencing platform.
  • Ability to personalize and brand the experience
  • The biggest issue we faced with BlueJeans was the extremely poor quality video, and connection issues from every connection point. Both audio and video connection would freeze, pixelate, or disconnect altogether.
  • BlueJeans did a poor job in their efforts to resolve the issues, over a 3yr + period. Their technical support, as well as customer service was not helpful in coming up with solutions, testing, or determining ways to improve the quality of service.
  • The sales team did not help to accommodate a clean separation of the service, but held us to pay out an obligated contract, even though they failed to provide an adequate service for which we were paying for. We wanted to part ways amicably, and currently use ZOOM (which we haven't experienced any issues with, and a far better service). Unfortunately the team we dealt with a BlueJeans was very short-sighted and did not want to work with us, even though we patiently (at our own cost) utilized the service for more than 3yrs in hopes the quality of the service would improve.
  • Pricing of BlueJeans is higher than competitors, with a vastly inferior product.
In our experience with BlueJeans, we did not find a scenario where the service ever worked adequately, yet we paid a significant premium for the service. We have switched to ZOOM, which is a far better product... ZOOM is reliable, good quality, good user experience, less expensive, better customer service, better sales team, and addresses every aspect of the service far better than BlueJeans.
Read Chris Ott's full review
Ana Ivette García profile photo
February 07, 2019

BlueJeans Review: "The most personal and efficient communication tool without meeting personally"

We use Bluejeans for connecting with clients and suppliers that are located all around the country. We also use it for internal communication and following up on projects between people that are not located in the same office or are working from home.
  • It has an excellent communication tool without any interference.
  • It is flexible as you can connect via any computer, mobile device or phone.
  • Screen sharing is a very useful feature for collaborative work.
  • I wish that the room number was the same as the audio code when connecting by phone.
it is well suited for:
  • teams working collaboratively in different locations: different offices, cities, countries or doing home office
  • being in touch with clients or vendors located in different cities or countries
  • connecting several persons that are not in the same location to follow up on a specific topic or project or solve a problem
It's less appropriate for people working in the same building or location.
Read Ana Ivette García's full review
Joseph Martindelcampo profile photo
February 05, 2019

Review: "BlueJeans is a Revolving Aid to Traditional Conferencing Solutions."

BlueJeans is currently used across the whole organization. The users base is sporadic, as not all employees have requested an account. The power users are BD, IT, and Operations Managers.
  • BlueJeans creates a seamless join-in experience.
  • BlueJeans has global reach numbers.
  • BlueJeans' audio/video experience automatically works.
  • Ensure enhancements to their software are communicated to the appropriate contacts within the organization.
Bluejeans has made it simple for me to start a meeting ad-hoc with minimal effort.
Read Joseph Martindelcampo's full review
Tim Bickel, CTPM profile photo
February 05, 2019

User Review: "BlueJeans use for TeleHealth"

I use BlueJeans in education (distance learning), administration (executive conferences and interviews) and clinical applications (connecting physicians with rural patients that do not have access to transportation or will not follow-up for their continuity of care due to long distances to our urban medical center). As you can see, this is a broad spectrum of use.
  • Ease of use for new users.
  • Ability to share content from a computer device for education, collaboration, and information.
  • Excellent video quality.
  • Client version does not work properly for Moderators with high utilization (number of created) of meeting rooms.
  • Could improve user functionality with a green screen function.
Other than a couple of issues, BlueJeans is a great fit. Most particularly when connecting with new users. A URL link for patients, executive interviews and conferences, and a simple "click" step download makes this an excellent product. New users that are not particularly 'tech-savvy' easily connect to us with simple instructions. This works especially well with patients in rural areas calling physicians they normally would not have access to.
Read Tim Bickel, CTPM's full review
les kollegian profile photo
February 05, 2019

Review: "Who knew you could do much better stuff with BlueJeans than just wearing them?"

We are using the platform to communicate visually with clients globally and with remote employees. It has been instrumental in enabling us to collaborate and enhance overall production.
  • High-quality video/audio
  • integration with Google calendar
  • great mobile app
  • Warnings about a poor connection that would enable a user to quickly drop a video or enable them to maintain communication more easily.
  • If using multiple accounts in a company, it would be nice to be able to switch accounts quickly.
Great for collaboration and remote teams.
Read les kollegian's full review

High quality audio (261)
High quality video (259)
Low bandwidth requirements (241)
Mobile support (221)
Desktop sharing (253)
Whiteboards (101)
Calendar integration (230)
Meeting initiation (244)
Integrates with social media (87)
Record meetings / events (212)
Slideshows (153)
Live chat (190)
Audience polling (74)
Q&A (97)
User authentication (168)
Participant roles & permissions (178)
Confidential attendee list (118)

About BlueJeans

The BlueJeans meetings platform aims to bring video, audio and web conferencing together with the collaboration tools people use every day.

It is a cloud service that connects desktops, mobile devices and room systems in one video meeting. According to the vendor, BlueJeans makes meetings fast to join and simple to use, so people can work productively where and how they want.

BlueJeans Features

Performance & Compatibility of Online Events Software Features
Has featureHigh quality audio
Has featureHigh quality video
Has featureLow bandwidth requirements
Has featureChrome compatible
Has featureFirefox compatible
Has featureSafari compatible
Does not have featureIE compatible
Has featureAvailable for Linux
Has featureAvailable for OS X
Has featureAvailable for Windows
Has featureMobile support
Screen Sharing Features
Has featureDesktop sharing
Does not have featureDocument/File sharing
Has featureApplication sharing
Has featureWhiteboards
Online Meetings / Events Features
Has featureScheduling
Has featureCalendar integration
Has featureMeeting initiation
Has featureEnd meetings
Has featureIntegrates with social media
Has featureRecord meetings / events
Has featureParticipant list
Has featureConfidential attendee list
Has featureSecure file sharing

BlueJeans Integrations

Slack, Microsoft Office 365, Workplace by Facebook, HipChat, Canvas, Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Google Calendar, Alexa for Business

BlueJeans Competitors