BlueJeans Reviews

TrustRadius TRUE BadgeTrustRadius Top Rated for 2020

Chris Vacano | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use BlueJeans at Vacano Creative for all meetings with our clients and strategic partners. It serves as a perfect platform for face-to-face conversations, collaborative work sessions, onboarding and training, design reviews, and creative scrums. This is ideal for our agency, as we are an entirely remote team that serves clients nationwide. It's even more essential to us now, during the global pandemic, in that it further facilitates dialog with our clients' teams who would previously be gathered in a single office space.
  • Security: BlueJeans provides a properly secured platform for private meetings and discussions.
  • Audio: BlueJeans audio is transmitted crisply and with little to no latency.
  • Collaboration: BlueJeans comes with a well-thought-out suite of tools for onscreen collaboration, mark up, chat, and more, which helps ensure productive work meetings.
  • Recording: BlueJeans allows for high-quality recording of meetings, particularly useful for onboarding and training, and the recorded video is available almost immediately.
  • Video: In general, video quality is acceptable, but could be improved. Understandably, this is a tough nut to crack, given the proliferation of different cameras and variances in bandwidth, but having seen far better and more reliable video quality elsewhere, I am certain BlueJeans can do better... particularly with the power of Verizon's 5G network behind it.
  • Scheduling: A "nice to have" would be the ability to schedule meetings directly within the standalone application, rather than having to log in through the browser.
BlueJeans is a great platform for small group meetings and collaborations. I have not really experienced how it handles groups of 10 or more, but I imagine its performance is comparable with competitors in this regard.

In my mind, BlueJeans really shines in the area of meetings where activity needs to be recorded for later use, such as training and onboarding.

And of course, meetings requiring any sort of privacy or security (which is EVERY meeting, as far as I am concerned) are squarely in BlueJeans' sweet spot. It is truly wonderful not having to even think about the possibility of uninvited "guests" crashing the party, nor having to deal with clumsy, tacked-on "security" measures.
Read Chris Vacano's full review
January 12, 2021
Ashish Ranjan Naik | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's a user-friendly application to connect that offers the finest video and audio qualities for conferences. With extremely simple functionality [and] good features like screen sharing, presentation, [and] document sharing, you can easily set up online meetings and share information. You can share invitation information in the mail [or] WhatsApp [and] it will be automatically integrated with your calendar. There is also an on- and off-screen [option], you can record a session, [and] you can do real-time chat with members. It doesn't take much space on mobile. It's easy to install and operate.
Mostly sales and technical teams use this application. It saves a lot of time and travel expenses.
  • Very good video and audio quality with limited access to internet.
  • Screen sharing with limited access to internet.
  • Security. It provides enough security to share confidential documents.
  • Whiteboard presentation.
  • There is no options to change background.
  • Polls. It doesn't have any features for polling or voting.
In the current situation, we have not faced any issues to resolve queries or discussions with clients or colleagues. We have done many training programs for our clients as well for our employees. You can do a sales meeting without going to [the] client's place, [or] you can run a training program without booking a conference hall. This is the right platform to connect with people across the globe without reaching them physically.
We have used BlueJeans Events for online training for our client's employees for newly deployed software. This is the right application for online training. It provides real-time chat options. You can share videos and presentations with others. It gives an option to share and chat with an individual. You can segregate members and speakers.
Read Ashish Ranjan Naik's full review
August 28, 2020
Oscar Eduardo Velasquez Escobar | TrustRadius Reviewer
I work at the University of Valley of Guatemala, and we currently use BlueJeans as our only video conference platform. We use it for directors, for e-learning courses, for talks and webinars, and for Facebook broadcast. Basically the whole organization, teachers and students and directors, are using BlueJeans as an alternative option for other others platforms like Skype or WebEx. We like that we can record the session and also that BlueJeans is really easy to use and can be installed on many devices. We can also use it with the conference codec we have without the need of purchasing an additional plugin. I have been able to try some other platforms like Zoom but I found BlueJeans the best cost effective solution for us.
  • Easy to use and install on many devices and very intuitive. The GUI app is very friendly and you only have just the right amount of options you need to make the conference work: share screen, chat, control over your camera and mic. For the users, this is great since you don't have to spend a lot of time teaching them how to use BlueJeans.
  • The compatibility with the videoconference codecs we have (Polycom, LifeSize, etc). There's no need for extra plug-ins. You just dial to the BlueJeans IP address and enter the meeting ID and passcode, and you're done.
  • The recording option is excellent for the unlimited storage on the cloud and the option to locally download the recordings.
  • The app 2.0 has some missing options, like the option to directly send an invite by entering the email address to add new people, and some problems, like a black screen for certain users. We understand that this is a new version and might have some bugs, but we hope you can fix it soon.
  • It needs the ability for a moderator to share content like videos or record without the need of a BlueJeans user login.
  • Some users are able to share videos with sound and some users are not. I guess that depends on the PC sound settings, but it would be nice to have a brief guide on how to share videos with sound.
BlueJeans is well suited for all type of users, especially if they are not tech savvy. The interface is good—you have only the options and controls you need. It is friendly and is cost effective. It's really hard to find a place where you cannot use it. Tech support is good. For large webinars, you need to buy BlueJeans for webinar.
Joining a meeting is easy for most of the users; however, certain people still have difficulties joining a meeting and configuring their audio settings. We provide users with guides, but they don't read them, so short videos would be nice to have. Overall usability is great.
Read Oscar Eduardo Velasquez Escobar's full review
August 21, 2020
Vipin Khanna | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use BlueJeans across our organization. Whether it is for routine meetings, reviews, meetings with clients, or training, we use it extensively to cut travel (thereby saving an enormous amount of time, productivity, and also money), as we are small teams spread across India. It does help that BlueJeans isn't dependent on only a restricted number of devices, for we can connect from mobile phones, PCs, and even VC Rooms, and, more importantly, the attendees need not necessarily be subscribers. Keeping an ecosystem for communications closed defeats the very purpose of its existence, in my opinion.
  • Multiple options to connect (mobile devices, PCs using browser OR app, VC Room systems)
  • Ease of connection (once you are used to it)
  • Relatively low bandwidth works well as compared to most other competing platforms
  • I have found customer service to be particularly responsive, and rare occasions when they fail to come up with an answer/solution.
  • Options for layouts (for participant videos); beats most other competing platforms, though it could still be improved
  • Live streaming to Facebook Live/Workplace
  • Almost unlimited recording (soft limit of 50GB)
  • Polls (it is unbelievable that such a basic and useful feature it STILL missing)
  • Waiting room (anyone with the link or meeting details can join in)
  • Lack of "registration option" for joining meetings (this would be a nifty feature to have)
  • Breakout rooms aren't easy at all; for meetings of 30-50 people, some get left behind. Each participant needs to be allotted to a group individually, rather than have multiple participants selected for each breakout room). Also, once a breakout session is over, one has to start the allotment to groups all over again, from scratch, which is a hell of a lot for the meeting organizer or even a moderator to do
  • A limit of 100 (or 150) participants still is low as compared to most other competing platforms
  • More controls over layouts (for instance, ability to pin more than one participant, or have more than 9 participants visible at a time)
  • Background blurring
  • Background noise cancellation
  • Verbal cues for mic on and mic off would be nice
  • A feature for a parallel audio stream (for translation) would be fantastic. India speaks in many, many languages (at least 30 different languages which are widely used); this would set BlueJeans apart from all others
Having used BlueJeans for around 5 years or more now, I am used to the platform and quite like it, which is a disincentive to move to another. For our kind of company, with small teams spread across a country like India, where travel is rather time-consuming and expensive, BlueJeans is an ideal platform to communicate over video, particularly more so as we can connect in a variety of ways, from mobile devices to room systems. That being said, with the current pandemic and havoc it has created, some lack of certain features such as polling AND waiting room, etc. are glaring and have forced me to use some alternate platforms. I don't want to get into a place where I find I need to make a choice, so it would behoove BlueJeans to be more responsive to present-day needs. Currently, BlueJeans is no longer an innovator and hasn't even begun to play catch-up, which is a contrast to the scene a couple of years ago.
I liked BlueJeans Events. However, I found that the 2-hour time limit is unrealistically small, and the charges for time over-runs are exorbitant. The subscription itself is on the more expensive side. It may not be polite to here to mention competitors, but Zoom allows more features at a much lower cost; its feature of allowing participants to register for an event is quite nifty. Plus, I am not restricted by the time limit. (I will be happy to take part in a discussion as to why this time limit is impractical in my opinion.) The same goes for Webex Events and Microsoft Teams Events, though they have other issues that make them far from ideal.
In all these years, there has been ONE instance when a problem I pointed out (with screenshots, no less) was DENIED. That apart, though there have been a few instances where there has been a delay in resolution (more to do with offering new features), I have NEVER felt frustrated about help not being on hand when I needed it most.
Read Vipin Khanna's full review
Peter Spencer | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used it across 120 users, 12 meeting rooms with 2 Dolly room systems. Also, for 3 global sales offices. The ability to use 2 TV screens, 1 for content and 1 for the heads, was a key factor in deciding to go with BlueJeans. Another reason was the detailed quality statistics in the admin center.
  • Duel screen
  • Admin
  • Call quality
  • Early on we thought security was poor
  • Not customizable
  • Some odd default settings for user meetings
Microsoft Teams is swallowing the universe. With video conference built into that product for no additional cost, it is hard to justify retaining BlueJeans for the whole user base. We would drop BlueJeans except where we have Dolby conference phones. In this example, we will use the BlueJeans Teams gateway product.
Read Peter Spencer's full review
Sonia Giudici | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using BlueJeans to offer on-line classes and one-to-one meetings that should be recorded. It has proved to be a valuable tool to overcome logistic problems when people are scattered in different areas and to make recordings available in an easy way.
  • BlueJeans is very good at allowing sharing.
  • It's quite reliable as we have never had connection instability problems.
  • The technical support is responsive.
  • Lack of instructions in Italian, which is a widespread language available on other platforms
  • A local recording option to prevent loss of recordings would be great.
  • When you upgrade you cannot compensate with the amount you have already paid, but you have to pay the whole amount and keep the credit for the following year.
BlueJeans is good for English language learners, and the use is quite intuitive. It's not so good for those speaking other languages due to a lack of translations. Moreover attending meetings without downloading the app is not so intuitive...I think it's bad to force people to download the app. Safari users sometimes have problems in connecting without the app.
Read Sonia Giudici's full review
Kevin Keith | TrustRadius Reviewer
Since we're a pretty small company (7 people), we use BlueJeans across the whole organization. We mainly use it for team talks where we detail product planning and presentations, then we can move forward with product qualification. We also use BlueJeans to have initial customer calls if they do not have a preferred platform.
  • User interface
  • Video quality
  • Moderator tools (easily mute)
  • Startup is fast
  • I don't like that I can't schedule from the desktop Mac app.
  • Ever since the merge with Verizon, I've had freezing issues in almost every call. I corrected the severe freezing by turning off location services for my calendar app (it caused BlueJeans to overload my CPU).
  • It's misleading when you say "Dolby audio" or video is being sent/received when it's a very low resolution or standard audio quality.
I usually like to use Blue Jeans in customer calls and team meetings. I like using the platform in these scenarios because it allows me to select certain windows to display instead of just "presentation" or "whole window." This is really great when I have multiple presentations to show and certain data points to read from that I don't want to show.
Read Kevin Keith's full review
Gregg Porter | TrustRadius Reviewer
When Covid hit, we like many companies, found ourselves unable to travel for business. I had an important four day long meeting with a client scheduled in May which it looked more and more was likely to be canceled or indefinitely postponed. But we didn't want to cancel and lose the momentum we had gained up to that point. So, we looked for an alternative solution. A solution which allowed interactivity on many levels. BlueJeans was the choice we made.
  • We use the white board feature at nearly every meeting.
  • The audio and video quality are very good.
  • It just works. It meets our needs to hold in-person meetings with clients from across the country and gives us the tools to enable creative discourse and production planning.
  • The process of joining a meeting can be confusing to less than technically savvy users. We have one client who is older and consistently has difficulties synchronizing between the desktop client and the web-based interface. I'm still not exactly sure what he's doing. But, we'll be five minutes into a meeting and he will see a pop-up window appear asking if he wants to log into BlueJeans. I should have taken the time to contact support. But, I have yet to do so.
  • One other issue is that there is no white board save feature. If we are done explaining a concept on the whiteboard and have gone back to the "general session" and then someone has a novel idea about the white board diagram, we go back to the whiteboard function and the previous work is gone. We now work around that by snapping screenshots periodically (when we remember to) but often, when ideas are flying and concepts are being flushed out, there is not a lot of time to remember to screenshot something. I'm not sure how this would work technically, or if it's even possible. But, it would be great to leave content on the whiteboard until the user decides to "erase" it.
My company produces videos for various clients across the country. We use BlueJeans to allow us to conduct pre-production meetings, sharing concepts, ideas, designs and working through the intricacies of the production process. We can (and usually will) spend hours per meeting in very detailed discussions of scene-by-scene visuals, graphics, artwork and backgrounds. BlueJeans has allowed us to continue pushing forward with a number of clients despite limited travel abilities.
Read Gregg Porter's full review
September 11, 2020
Steven Thomas | TrustRadius Reviewer
BlueJeans is being used across the organization. It has become an invaluable tool in maintaining business function during the current coronavirus pandemic. It is absolutely indispensable. It allows teams to communicate with each other on a secure, stable platform that is user friendly and reliable. It has enabled the charity to benefit from the expertise of professionals and to attract new trustees who would otherwise not have been able to attend physical meetings.
  • Host multiple participants with ease
  • Is accessible for blind users using speech software
  • Setting up meetings is particularly easy and efficient.
  • Include an audible clue when participants want to contribute to a discussion - useful for a chair who is blind.
  • Phone dial-in could be simplified.
  • The name isn’t obvious or recognized - when suggesting to other companies that we use BlueJeans, they are all on Zoom or Teams (both are inferior).
BlueJeans is well suited for internal meetings. We have held meetings and training sessions with multiple participants with ease. Extremely reliable connections, the chair being able to adjust screen displays for all participants is particularly useful.

Perhaps not so useful when trying to convene meetings with different companies as the name isn’t as well known as it should be in the UK.
Read Steven Thomas's full review
September 06, 2020
Tana Rulkova | TrustRadius Reviewer
When the pandemic hit, I was really frustrated with Zoom's lack of communication and their lack of customer service, this is where BlueJeans came into the picture. My assistant researched several other tools for us and BlueJeans turned out to be a very reasonably priced option, so we gave it a try and are so glad we did!
Currently, the tool is only used by our Marketing Team for our internal calls and also for webinars with customers, but down the road, I plan to have the rest of the PourMyBeer team start using this great tool as well. Keep up the great work!
  • Ability to manage webinars
  • Great quality of recording
  • Highlights
  • My only struggle right now is that no one knows of BlueJeans so anytime I've tried sending bluejeans link, the prospects, customers, or our partners were worried that they have to install another app, etc.; that is why I am still also using Google Hangouts with 3rd parties.
  • Lack of education on what exactly I can do with BlueJeans, for example, we would love to organize a webinar of a larger size but don't know how to allow people to register via a link and make the process smooth.
I think it is great for recurring meetings with your team who already installs the app, not ideal for less tech-savvy people that only know of Google Hangout and are worried to try using anything else.
I would love to learn about BlueJeans events.
Read Tana Rulkova's full review
September 06, 2020
Dawn Houser | TrustRadius Reviewer
With the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic, we had to move all of our business meetings, bible study, prayer groups, and fellowship groups, into an online platform. I used BlueJeans with another larger organization in the past with a positive experience. I knew I could trust BlueJeans with the private information of the people I serve. There was no question about installing BlueJeans as our primary online platform to connect the congregation during this difficult time. BlueJeans has allowed out congregation to stay connected while being under shelter in place orders and to help us grow participation in those groups from other places across the world.
  • It never freezes even though we live in a place with limited internet connectivity.
  • It is easy to set up meetings within the platform.
  • The seamless and easy way to include backgrounds to hide my messy office.
  • The chat room is easy to us.
  • I don't have any issues with the platform.
It works great for groups of less than 10 people. When I tried using it in a more of a discussion format, it does not work so well because of internet lag time. People begin to talk over one another.
Read Dawn Houser's full review
September 05, 2020
Haley Marie Keith | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use BlueJeans for our internal meetings as a team across the whole organization. Sometimes when we book customer meetings, we will schedule using BlueJeans too. In our organization, we like using BlueJeans because it is a secure platform that doesn't have as many audio and video issues as other platforms do
  • Audio quality
  • Video quality
  • Platform design
  • Not as well known as Zoom.
  • Forces you to install the app rather than using the web browser.
  • Limits scheduling calls with big companies.
For smaller companies, this platform is secure, user friendly, and has all the standard benefits of a video calling service.
Read Haley Marie Keith's full review
September 05, 2020
Pamela Chears, BBA, MSCM | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use BlueJeans as a consultant. While working with Intuit we used BlueJeans every day and I decided to implement it in my personal business. With my customers, it tends to work better than Zoom. Fortunately, I implemented BJ just before COVID hit. So I went from long hours on the road to cutting my travel down from 50% to approximately 10%. It was very important to my growth during a time when we experience this pandemic. I have not lost any business and BlueJeans increased the quality of my customer service.
  • BlueJeans does not buffer like Zoom, so my customers say!
  • BlueJeans is quick to setup for my customers who have never used BlueJeans.
  • BlueJeans is easy when it comes to sharing documents and screens.
  • When scheduling meetings, it would be great to set my schedule at CST time but it defaults to PST. Uggghhh! If you skip around the meeting set up, sometimes the time zone switches back to Pacific.
  • It would be great if you could view the entry to the scheduling tool like more of WYSWYG and then be able to hit submit. Too many times I have goofed up on the time.
BlueJeans is a good tool. A scenario would be during COVID a new client has never met me and we pop on Blue Jeans to do an introduction. Makes the client more comfortable with me and the services I provide.
Read Pamela Chears, BBA, MSCM's full review
September 03, 2020
Tony Orum | TrustRadius Reviewer
BlueJeans is mainly used in our Youth Department to coordinate meeting with staff and youth members. It gives the ability to engage our team members without needing to be physically present while providing the convenience of being a mobile platform.
  • Accessibility.
  • Screen share capabilities.
  • Organization.
  • Audio/Video never functioned properly during screen share. Video would play fine but the audio lagged behind and ruined the experience for our team members. This is a main feature we needed from Bluejeans and it always failed. Very disappointing.
  • The reliability of the connection was never consistent. In many recent meetings the whole platform would freeze for all users and kick us all out of the meeting. This was across the board for all users. It would start with extreme latency and then we would see "Resolving Network Issues." Soon we would be kicked out and need to use another platform such as Zoom or Google Meet to reconvene the meeting.
Great for just simple video conferencing. For additional features it's not the best platform.
Read Tony Orum's full review
September 03, 2020
Manuel Luna | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used for the board of directors meetings, and for all meetings with staff or athletes. We are a small organization with a staff of only 6 people and a board of directors of 10 people. I am the executive director and I am the only one who schedules all the meetings, so it is easy to follow up for all the attendants to be part of the meeting.
  • Connectivity and quality of it.
  • Security.
  • Screen sharing.
  • Can't use back panel.
  • Raise hand... not so friendly.
  • Webinars not so friendly.
For our organisation, BlueJeans is a very good platform. It is great for board of directors meetings which are held every 2 months, and it is user friendly both for users in desktop or mobile. But in my experience it's not as good for Webinars. With a membership as the one that I have I should be able to organise Webinars, at least of 100 people.
Read Manuel Luna's full review
Dave Farthing, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are currently using BlueJeans to conduct meetings, consultations, team-building sessions, interviews and even for some educational videos.
With Covid-19 realities we have had to pivot from doing all this work in-person. So far it's been a great tool and we were attracted to the end-to-end encryption which some competitors were not offering back in March of 2020.
  • Good video quality.
  • Easy to use.
  • Some break-out into small group features.
  • Small break-out groups can be improved - one competitor has an advantage there for sure.
  • It would be great to allow users to move the video boxes around their screen to help those of us who have large screens and external webcams to move people and the video of ourselves into the most useful spot.
BlueJeans is well suited to team meetings, consults, etc...

It would be great if it could be used for protected B or secret conversations but I am not sure what would have to be done to get it to that level of security.
Read Dave Farthing, MBA's full review
Shanniel Xu | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used by the leadership team of a specific business segment. We use it on a weekly basis when we have our calls. It addresses the current situation of not being able to travel but still see video images of team members based across the world as well as sizable presentation slides.
  • As compared to other tools it allows us to see more than 5 video screens of team members even when presentations are being shared.
  • There is a slider for us to choose so as to not not compromise the size of presentation or audience.
  • The latest improvement of seeing more than 9 video screens is simply amazing!
  • It sometimes has audio connection issues.
  • The customer service team is also very tardy at responding.
  • The pop-up screen of videos cannot be hidden easily during presentation.
  • It does seem very sensitive to bandwidth support hence it is important for everyone to have good bandwidths to use BlueJeans.
it is not within company policy which I can only assume that there might be some security issues, like Zoom. However as compared to Webex and Teams it definitely works better.
Read Shanniel Xu's full review
FrGregory Horton | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it primarily for the teaching of classes but it is also used for board meetings and private meetings as well. The advantage that it affords is its availability across a wide geographic region and internationally. Previously, we were unable to conduct classes with such a national and even global availability.
  • I am confident about the privacy and security of our meetings and classes using BlueJeans.
  • The audio and video connections are crystal clear.
  • Having the option to record sessions has also proven a huge plus to us.
  • It is sometimes difficult to insert email addresses because there is no copy and paste feature available.
  • The use of email addresses only rather than names also adds an added layer of frustration.
  • It is sometimes difficult to mute all participants.
BlueJeans is very well suited to classes and meetings of a small to medium size. We have found this to be an excellent and workable platform during the time of social isolation and can often expand our reach far beyond our local geographic area. Of course, it is sometimes difficult to achieve that level of intimacy desired in very private meetings but I have found that even here I am well satisfied with the results.
Read FrGregory Horton's full review
Junaid Mufti | TrustRadius Reviewer
We started out using BlueJeans during COVID-19 period for the development of funding request for 2021-2023. But after using the software we found it very useful to collaborate in large teams. Even large face-to-face meetings are hard to moderate at conference rooms. But using BlueJeans you have a complete record of what has been discussed, share screens and every can stick to the agenda.

So for us almost all teams including Finance, Technical Units, Procurement, Monitoring everyone uses this software.
  • BlueJeans has clean pristine interface, Its simple easy to use an intuitive. Most of our senior colleagues are Senior Doctors, Governmental Professionals with very little IT experience. They find it very easy to connect and use BlueJeans compared to other similar software.
  • The voice quality in BlueJeans is very good. The difference is obvious as soon as you connect to BlueJeans after a Skype call. With the same hardware and drivers BlueJeans produces much better result.
  • The ability to send invites, create a permalink to meeting which can launch meeting instantly, the ability to fallback on browser based interface makes it perfect. The system is perfect to the point that if participant is unable to join a meeting, the IT department can say with surety that, it is only because of connectivity issues at user end. The software has ample fallbacks in place.
  • Recordings are very well managed with BlueJeans, the person that's making minutes are attend the meeting at ease knowing that he can refer back to recordings and contribute usefully to the meeting. You do not need to have expensive recording equipment.
  • BlueJeans Mobile App, even on the go 'in a car' or 'outdoors' with mobile data plan you are not stuck in front of your desk.
  • The landline numbers are limited to very few-geolocations. It will be amazing to have landline numbers to connect to meeting from a lot more places.
  • With my plan the participant number is limited to 50. I think it should be more because similar software allow for more participants in paid versions.
  • The system has experienced some glitches at times. We have conducted many dozens of meetings in last 6-8 months a couple of times it did happen when users at different locations could not connect to the meeting. We ended up creating a new meeting and then it started to work.
BlueJeans has a very neat and clean interface, its smart and intuitive. Even someone who has not used the platform before easily lands on the meeting they have been invited to without any additional click. As someone in IT department it is very hard to navigate people to click the right button over phone. BlueJeans completely eliminates this problem all together. You get a link and when you click on it. It checks if you have the software, if you don't it downloads it for you, it opens up the meeting. It has fall back in place if the software fails to respond you can use Website to connect to meeting.

There is an official/formal tone to using software such as BlueJeans compared to Skype. This maybe because Skype is widely used for personal use. Using Business software just keeps everyone focused on meeting agenda and it has been observed that there is less cross-talk/noise and there are more controls to administered meetings.
Read Junaid Mufti's full review
Oscar Mauricio Castro | TrustRadius Reviewer
Given the current COVID situation, we are using BlueJeans to communicate with clients, within our offices, within project teams and to do presentations. BlueJeans is primarily used in our main Florida office, and will be expanded to our other locations in NY and MA. It has bridge the gap between other collaboration software and the ability to quickly share ideas and commentary from design principals.
  • Voice clarity is exceptional.
  • Sharing and annotating on screen is easy and very effective.
  • Having international phone access lines have been helpful for clients overseas.
  • The ability to schedule, record and review.
  • We had issues with some machines that used multiple sound outputs, had to fine-tune BlueJeans to make sure communication was flawless
  • Wish we had more annotation options, or multiple user annotation while doing on screen share.
  • Perhaps adding a multiple interface, so one could directly annotate on a tablet device while having video feed.
BlueJeans is well suited for team communication, client communication, and client presentations.
Unfortunately we have not used this feature, but look forward to implementing it soon
Read Oscar Mauricio Castro's full review
Alexander Cowen | TrustRadius Reviewer
BlueJeans was originally purchased as a meeting room video conferencing solution and grew into a corporate video conferencing solution. Following the recent pandemic it quickly grew to be a corporate solution being utilised across all the council departments for all meetings that could no longer be conducted face to face.
  • Accessibility, app and in browser access is key to the success of our roll out.
  • Secure, encryption and strong moderator tools enable a secure meeting platform.
  • Quality, excellent audio and video quality.
  • Ease of use, from moderator to meeting attendee the system is very intuitive and easy to use.
  • Reporting could be improved, although there is a good reporting suite, it would be beneficial to have more flexibility with some of the reporting. For example running activity reports across a set of accounts over a user defined period.
  • We have had some issues with meetings overlapping and where the room is locked. It would be good to have a waiting area for those attempting to get into meetings or functionality to let you know someone is waiting.
  • We have had some issues of users not logging in as a moderator by mistake and it would be helpful to have a way for a user to switch to a moderator without having to leave the room.
BlueJeans is ideally suited where you have a mix of meeting attendees and particularly where you have external people attending as the solution lends itself to being very flexible for access.

Meetings where attendees are likely to exceed 75 are not appropriate and would suggest looking at the BlueJeans event platform for such meetings.
We have been using the Events platform for the last few months and can quite clearly see the benefit of the platform. We are still in an exploratory stage but have used it for council meetings with our councilors and also for a staff conference. The moderator experience is sublime and we are excited to roll this out further.
Read Alexander Cowen's full review
September 01, 2020
Alberto Jimenez | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our college supports an extensive use of interactive video, as we make our classes available to most counties in the rural portion of Nevada. This portion of the state covers an area of 90,000+ sq. miles. Our students in different population centers in this area come to classrooms that are equipped by the college to interact via a private video network. The connections between classrooms are established using a scheduling software that controls when equipment is turned on and it also places calls to all participating locations when the class is ready to start. GBC has the option to include a BlueJeans "classroom" to these class sessions as a connection, allowing students who may not have access to a designated GBC classroom to still participate in class with the rest of their group.
  • Very easy to use. Setting up conferences is highly intuitive and simple.
  • Reliable. I have only experienced on instance in the last 12 months when I was not able to set up a conference due to a system-wide failure.
  • Excellent video and audio quality across the board. Our users like BlueJeans better than other services for this reason.
  • Scheduling options. Specifically in the area of recurring conferences. The basic recurring patterns will cover most instances, but there are times when a conference will fall on a holiday, or additional instances of conferences need to be scheduled outside the main recurrence pattern. This is not possible the way this area of BlueJeans is structured today.
We use BlueJeans successfully every day. It is well suited to address most common needs for at-a-distance audiovisual communication. The only area that seems to be lacking flexibility is scheduling conferences that do not have rigid recurrence patterns. The only workaround seems to be the use of multiple conferences for those instances that fall outside the aforementioned rigid recurrence pattern.
Read Alberto Jimenez's full review
September 01, 2020
Trevor Lewis | TrustRadius Reviewer
BlueJeans was first considered and implemented at Celtic Bank as a replacement for another video conferencing solution that had been acquired by another company and was being deprecated. This was mainly used as our bank's way of having our Loan Committee meet with the different remote loan officers and underwriters to discuss whether a loan would be approved or not. We quickly found that this could also replace the many different paid conference call lines our sales team used for meeting with borrowers, and gave them the option to meet over video instead of just a phone call. We also replaced our archaic conference phones with the new Dolby Conference Phones to use in all our conference rooms. This quickly started being used by everyone for meeting with clients, partners, interview candidates, remote team members, team-specific trainings, and bringing together multiple teams/departments. Especially noticed by our CEO meeting with our Loan Committee, the quality of the audio was GREATLY improved from other solutions we had used in the past.
  • Modern looking UI. Easy for end users.
  • Partnered with Dolby - audio is fantastic. We used to have an external mic/speaker as part of our remote employee package so they didn't use the built in mic/speaker on video calls. Now, not only is that not needed, but as long as the call is placed with the BlueJeans app, the caller could be on a noisy street and their voice would be isolated and crystal clear!
  • Good layout and detailed Command Center for IT admins to monitor usage and identify audio/video/connection issues with individual connections on each meeting.
  • There needs to be better options for automating a regular install/uninstall of Bluejeans. There's no reason to have different registry paths for most of the installs in an organization or to put it in appdata.
  • It would be so much easier for end users if they could make changes to Meeting Settings and Default Scheduling Options in the desktop app instead of via the web interface. With the desktop app and Outlook plugin installed, they shouldn't have to ever touch the web interface.
With the static meeting ID for each user, BlueJeans can replace old conference call lines and is a great solution for conference rooms to have an identity. Since audio quality is so great, audio quality can be improved by just using the BlueJeans app. Integration with Outlook calendars is very useful, including integrating with conference room calendars so users can see on the screen right away if there is an upcoming meeting in that conference room.
If this is going to be deployed in an enterprise environment, plan that first, since managing installs later on that were installed using the one-off installer is next to impossible since it installs to a different registry location for different users.
Read Trevor Lewis's full review
August 31, 2020
JOAQUIN CAZARES | TrustRadius Reviewer
At the beginning, it was a tool that was acquired in a consolidated way by CONACyT and that was given to us by the research centers belonging to it. It was used occasionally and in addition to our videoconferencing equipment, but little by little it gained ground and largely displaced the teams assigned to it, and at present it is the main communication tool used in my Institution due to the health emergency that has forced us to work at home.
  • It is a very stable and highly secure tool.
  • It is a very easy to use tool, very intuitive and easy to use for any user.
  • I think sometimes if it could be advisable to see more than 25 people at the same time, especially in group classes.
  • When using the wallpaper, the processor of my PC consumes a lot of use of the processor and if I use it for a long time the video stops, forcing me to restart the application, I think this application can be improved by making it lighter.
BlueJeans is very useful for work meetings, seminars, degree exams, courses and workshops.

In classes with the interaction of many students I think it has the disadvantage of not being able to observe all the participants at the same time or being able to move between groups of participants.

In the current conditions of social distancing it has become an indispensable tool for daily work.
In our institution various academic events are held, such as student seminars and degree exams that have been achieved efficiently using BlueJeans, congresses and public events have also been given with the participation of more than 160 direct users with great efficiency.
New opportunities are still being explored for its use, especially in daily classes in our graduate programs.
Read JOAQUIN CAZARES's full review
August 30, 2020
Vishal Makwana | TrustRadius Reviewer
BlueJeans is used in our company for multiple purposes. We have been using it to connect with employees between our head office and branch office, to have discussions with our stakeholders including banks and consultants, and also for conducting meetings of our Board of Directors.

During COVID and the restrictions that followed, it was not possible to have physical meetings. Also, as there were restrictions on travel, we needed an efficient digital tool to connect our teams based in two different cities in two of our offices. BlueJeans has helped to overcome these limitations and we have been effectively conducting team meetings as well as board meetings on this platform with equal ease as a physical meeting.
  • BlueJeans supports multiple platforms such as mobile phones, tablets, and PCs providing convenience to its users to select the instrument of their choice.
  • The sound quality in BlueJeans is crystal clear and natural due to Dolby Voice.
  • Smart meetings highlights is a very unique feature provided by BlueJeans where participants can highlight specific moments in meetings.
  • Security features provided such as meetings encryption, screen share control, participants' meeting code, etc.
  • The meeting invite sent to participants displays the meeting code as well as participant code in the link, which ideally should not be displayed but encrypted.
  • There have been instances when the BlueJeans application has frozen and it would have had to be restarted and such a situation is embarrassing when it is the moderator's application. This needs to be corrected by improving reliability.
  • When there are multiple users attending the meeting from the same room and their speakers are on, there is an issue of echo.
BlueJeans, being a paid only application, is better suited for mid-sized and large companies but may not be appropriate for small enterprises or for informal meetings. In other words, it would be best suited to have a meeting of the Board of Directors or your team meetings but may not be suitable to have an informal chat with your friends and family.
Read Vishal Makwana's full review

High quality audio (486)
High quality video (482)
Low bandwidth requirements (434)
Mobile support (396)
Desktop sharing (476)
Whiteboards (206)
Calendar integration (433)
Meeting initiation (459)
Integrates with social media (145)
Record meetings / events (405)
Slideshows (301)
Live chat (354)
Audience polling (139)
Q&A (186)
User authentication (309)
Participant roles & permissions (324)
Confidential attendee list (206)

What is BlueJeans?

The BlueJeans meetings platform aims to bring video, audio and web conferencing together with the collaboration tools people use every day.

It is a cloud service that connects desktops, mobile devices and room systems in one video meeting. According to the vendor, BlueJeans makes meetings fast to join and simple to use, so people can work productively where and how they want.

BlueJeans Features

Has featureScheduling
Has featureCalendar integration
Has featureMeeting initiation
Has featureEnd meetings
Has featureIntegrates with social media
Has featureRecord meetings / events

Events - Video Webinars 200 Attendees$313.00per month
Events - Video Webinars 500 Attendees$499.00per month
Events - Large Scale Events (Up to 50k Attendees)Custom Quote
Gateway for Teams - Per Room Plan$99.00*per month

*Custom pricing for more than 20 rooms.

BlueJeans Support Options