BlueJeans Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Oscar Eduardo Velasquez Escobar profile photo
September 16, 2019

My everyday experience

I work at the University of Valley of Guatemala, and we currently use BlueJeans as our only video conference platform. We use it for directors, for e-learning courses, for talks and webinars, and for Facebook broadcast. Basically the whole organization, teachers and students and directors, are using BlueJeans as an alternative option for other others platforms like Skype or WebEx. We like that we can record the session and also that BlueJeans is really easy to use and can be installed on many devices. We can also use it with the conference codec we have without the need of purchasing an additional plugin. I have been able to try some other platforms like Zoom but I found BlueJeans the best cost effective solution for us.
  • Easy to use and install on many devices and very intuitive. The GUI app is very friendly and you only have just the right amount of options you need to make the conference work: share screen, chat, control over your camera and mic. For the users, this is great since you don't have to spend a lot of time teaching them how to use BlueJeans.
  • The compatibility with the videoconference codecs we have (Polycom, LifeSize, etc). There's no need for extra plug-ins. You just dial to the BlueJeans IP address and enter the meeting ID and passcode, and you're done.
  • The recording option is excellent for the unlimited storage on the cloud and the option to locally download the recordings.
  • The app 2.0 has some missing options, like the option to directly send an invite by entering the email address to add new people, and some problems, like a black screen for certain users. We understand that this is a new version and might have some bugs, but we hope you can fix it soon.
  • It needs the ability for a moderator to share content like videos or record without the need of a BlueJeans user login.
  • Some users are able to share videos with sound and some users are not. I guess that depends on the PC sound settings, but it would be nice to have a brief guide on how to share videos with sound.
BlueJeans is well suited for all type of users, especially if they are not tech savvy. The interface is good—you have only the options and controls you need. It is friendly and is cost effective. It's really hard to find a place where you cannot use it. Tech support is good. For large webinars, you need to buy BlueJeans for webinar.
Read Oscar Eduardo Velasquez Escobar's full review
Marcus Manderson profile photo
BlueJeans is used for more high profile meetings in our more technologically advanced conference rooms. It is also available to the entire organization as an option for specific needs. The main need is if presenters would like to share videos.

The teams the currently uses BlueJeans the most are our Pristine Seas team and the Education team. For both, it provides that video sharing functionality that other services do not currently have.
  • Customer service is great! A company may have a great product but if customer service is terrible, that company may lost customers. On the other hand, a company may have an ok product but the customer service is so exceptional, that it might not even matter what the product is. With BlueJeans, both the product and customer service are top quality!
  • Our major selling point is that BlueJeans provides a way to seamlessly share videos remotely. No other platform we have tried has a way of doing this as well as BlueJeans.
  • BlueJeans is also very flexible on the amount of people that may join a call. Customer service may provide options for even higher counts (150+) if needed.
  • The BlueJeans analytics for each meeting are an important part for any company looking to have a transparent eco friendly approach. We often share how many miles, gas, etc. funds have been saved because the meeting was virtual instead of in person.
  • Video sharing could be made better by allowing people to simply go through their presentation (Keynot/PowerPoint, etc.) without having to upload the video ahead of time (I believe BlueJeans is working on this).
  • Providing an option to choose what join information to share with remote participants would also be great. Currently, every option is sent (joining from phone, mobile, and a videoconference unit). Most of the time, we are sending to participants who do not and will not be using a videoconference unit. I usually just delete that information from the message, but it would be easier (and one less step) if that could be an option.
Well suited for applications where you want to have a high quality video conference experience and incorporate screen sharing and video sharing. May not be necessary for lower profile meetings with just a handful of remote participants that do not require screen sharing (or require very minimal screen sharing).
Read Marcus Manderson's full review
Adam Martin profile photo
BlueJeans was used across all departments in our company up until the end of June. It was used heavily by the Digital Products team that develop apps for the company from the Seattle office and NY office. It helped keep teams well connected no matter where they were physically located.
  • The ability to set global preferences on your account for things like "mute on entry" or "Don't show video" were a huge plus.
  • Plug-in integration with Outlook and Slack was very well built
  • Setting up reoccurring meetings within the app was a breeze
  • From my perspective as a desktop engineer who packaged and deployed this app, it was fairly obvious that the PC devs knew what they were doing and the Mac app was a bit of an afterthought. It took me a good 2-3 months of escalating a ticket to finally get the dev team to properly package their app for mass deployment on the Mac side. Previous to my ongoing push, the app would only successfully install if a user were logged in versus being installed while the user were logged out like many other apps can be done via an MDM system.
  • Audio and video quality were always an ongoing issue with BlueJeans. If more than 10 people were on a call, audio would cut in and out constantly. Video quality even in 1:1 calls was blurry/grainy.
  • BlueJeans claimed to suppress auto-updates from their mass deployment webpage but I still found the package to always auto update anyways which wasn't necessarily a bad thing except for when a new version came out and I wasn't prepared for it, I would quickly have to adjust my deployment scope to exclude installing the now older version of BlueJeans over the newer version.
Overall, BlueJeans got the job done. It was rarely ever down and making a call was fairly straightforward. It had an ability to set up a speed dial to a meeting ID from a room system which was handy. We used it for a weekly 15 minute stand up meeting to connect the Seattle and NY teams every Monday and it worked well most of the time.
Read Adam Martin's full review
Ashley Cooke profile photo
My whole company uses BlueJeans widely, across every department. Every employee is on-boarded with SSO enabled access to a BJ account, to be able to log in and activate/license an account. We use BJ for every type of VC scenario; from external calls to clients, to internal department meetings, reviews, QBR's, etc. This helps a global company, such as mine, to connect offices and users around the world.
  • High Quality video
  • High Quality audio
  • Low latency
  • Excellent customer support
  • Adding further API support for some systems
  • Adding more features to the Admin Console web-interface
  • Improving the mobile phone app for Apple users - adding more functionality.
It is seamless and streamlined to be able to press a few buttons and instantly get into a call. This puts it head and shoulders above some of the competition due to the hassle that some applications provide to actually connect users and place them into a meeting. You can also connect without having to download any app on your computer, which is another bonus for external calls.
Read Ashley Cooke's full review
Padraig McDonagh profile photo
It is used for client conference calls and all-company broadcast events. Some of our clients use BlueJeans and we use it for internal meetings also. The all-company broadcasts are for 3500+ staff globally at 11 sales centers and remote users.
  • The Audio/Video quality is always good.
  • We have not experienced any hosting server issues.
  • It supports browser-based meetings. There's no requirement to install the full client.
  • Pairing with room systems can be a bit convoluted.
  • The event recording/conference start should be automatic.
For large events and broadcasts, it works really well. We have between 500 and 1000 individual connections to events with no discernible quality impact. The interface is quite easy, though the moderator screen is very "busy".
Read Padraig McDonagh's full review
Yoni Dvorkis profile photo
November 12, 2019

BlueJeans is great.

The whole organization uses BlueJeans for video conferencing and meeting recording. I use it as a backup for in-person lectures for days where classes are canceled. I record a meeting of just myself and send a link to students. I also use it to host remote office hours for struggling students.
  • Recording meetings
  • Screen sharing
  • Sharing recordings with other users using the could
  • Easy to use interface. It is very intuitive and much better than the competition I've seen (Century Link and Adobe Connect are much more difficult to learn)
  • I don't want to download the plugin. It's much easier to use the browser version and takes less time to load the meeting. Consider making that option the default and not having a separate plugin that loads a new BlueJeans application. I find that unnecessary
  • When in screen share, I would like a pointer/highlighter function. I currently rely on my mouse pointer but that can't highlight or draw text as far as I can tell
Well suited for office hours, remote sessions, and for online lectures to facilitate e-learning. Less relevant for corporate meetings that should be held in person. I find that sometimes organizations use it as a crutch thinking that having 100+ people on a call will facilitate engagement but this would be better done as an in-person meeting for folks to attend.
Read Yoni Dvorkis's full review
Sarah Wallbridge profile photo
All employees can have a BlueJeans account, so across the whole organization. It helps to hold virtual meetings as we are a global business.
  • Ease of use
  • Reliability
  • Easy to swap users/presenters
  • Recording facility often stops working mid-way through.
  • Sometimes it just doesn't load up.
  • It doesn't like working on some types of screens, I.E. plasma screens sometimes have issues.
Good for audio and visual meetings. Less suitable for phonecalls, we tend to use conferencing facilities for that. Good for presentations and can use internal mic or external AV. Good when holding meetings with people in different countries or when people can't be there in person. The recording feature is also useful.
Read Sarah Wallbridge's full review
Stefano Bellote profile photo
The whole organization uses it for meetings and calls, internal and external. It's a well designed solution for connecting teams all over the world. I mostly have good experiences without lag or delay on connection, and it's really practical to set up a meeting link and send the invitation.
  • Audio calls
  • Video calls
  • Easy access and connection
  • Easier access for people outside the organization - that don't have the app, for example.
  • Sometimes there are problems with connection, would be good to have some way to run an analysis and problem solving.
Easy to set up meetings, create links to access and share with people. Has a very good connection for audio and video calls.
Read Stefano Bellote's full review
Bartlomiej Jozwiak profile photo
All of our Marketing team uses BlueJeans for phone & video conferences with our partners (local distributors of Pernod Ricard) in the MENA region and with other companies within the Pernod Ricard organisation (mainly brand companies located in other countries). It limits the necessity of travelling and helps (in case of video conferences) to have more human relations.
  • Flexibility to accept connections from different tools (PC, mobile, etc.)
  • Rather intuitive and user friendly application
  • Integration with Outlook calendar
  • Sometimes it's difficult to use when there are more than 2 participants and all are using different ways of connection/sharing the screen
It suits our need for video/audio conferences ver well when only two locations are involved. Meetings up to 2 hours can be held via BlueJeans. Longer than that is not efficient.
Read Bartlomiej Jozwiak's full review
Luca Rossini profile photo
October 23, 2019

BlueJeans is Excellent!

• BlueJeans is used across the company.
  • Especially by me and my Global team and by all the contractors that work with us to build new projects. We built the project in at least 15 countries: North & Central (USA and Mexico) America, South America (Brasil, Chile, Colombia, Peru) Europe (Italy, Spain, Greek), Africa(Morocco, Zambia, SouthAfrica), Australia and India, Australia).
  • Each Project Team uses BJ, mainly locally but even globally because a lot of team members are located in different countries. The main issue is: when you are doing a call with persons from the company's offices, the quality of the connection is not good (or voice or video) and we are obliged to use to separate connection at the same time (one using the telephone and another one using a computer). If we use the connection staying at home the call quality of the call is good. Even the quality of the connection of the contractors is good. This issue started, 6 months ago. My ICT colleagues are still finding the solution.
  • It uses a low band system that allows connecting people from the site who don't have good bandwidth (construction site, train, etc).
  • It's easy to use. When you have a lot of new contractors each year is an important point.
  • The director can mute people.
  • It is included in the description of my open issue.
  1. When we have to do a call with a contractor (external person).
  2. When we have to do a call with colleagues for the open issue already described. This issue didn't exist 6 months ago.
Read Luca Rossini's full review
Anurag Mitra profile photo
BlueJeans is being used as a collaboration tool between various teams within the back. Currently, in my department, we use it to collaborate between various IT teams resolving an issue. Also, often we use it as a utility to facilitate technical resolutions with vendors. This helps us address communication issues while we are only on the phone, the video-sharing of desktop screens makes exchanging information seamless and there is no misunderstanding within the teams and we can get a resolution in the quickest possible time.
  • Screen Share: collaborate with people across different regions with ease.
  • The mobile app is phenomenal, help is assisted while I am in transit.
  • Admin has the ability to moderate the call with ease. Help mute disruptive folks on the call.
  • Screen Scaling: this is one area that the app can improve. My only gripe is it doesn't do a very good job between various screen sizes. If someone shares a 32in screen and someone is seeing the same on a 24in monitor at the same time the streaming gets blotchy.
  • Collaboration with people (calls across multiple regions).
  • Planning an exercise (review of plans/PPT and timeline on a shared screen).
  • Technical troubleshooting and remediations (helpdesk/support).
Read Anurag Mitra's full review
Shriroop Parikh profile photo
BlueJeans is being used by the whole organization across the UK. Technology Consultants and Business Consultants including the VPs use it the most. It addresses the fundamental issue that any Consultant faces, presence on multiple projects while traveling.
  • Connectivity.
  • Clarity of Video and Audio.
  • Easy of recording sessions and revisiting them.
  • Scheduling meetings from the portal.
  • Improve compatibility with slower internet connections.
In most situations, BlueJeans is brilliant.
It can be an issue when there are more than 10+ people on the conference call - when they join in and drop off.
Integration with Office 365 will be good.
Read Shriroop Parikh's full review
Paul Bates profile photo
October 07, 2019

Great for Small Meetings

It used across the whole company for all video meetings. With 11,500 employees it get a huge amount of use in all areas. I personally use it about 3 times a day. It is available throughout the world where wifi or phone signal exists and with the video being available it increases the acceptance and communication in meetings and reducing the need to travel.
  • The ability to show your screen to an audience is perfect and you don't have to be strong in IT to understand how to use this.
  • Its simplicity.
  • Easy to use with external customers and downloading the app is simple.
  • BlueJeans video is only as good as the camera on the PC and we mostly use PC cameras for meetings.
  • You can often hear people tapping their keys on a laptop during meetings.
  • Great in hotels or even in the car by telephone - very portable
  • Only takes a few seconds to set up a meeting especially if the others attending meetings have the app
Read Paul Bates's full review
Aleksey N. Krylov, CFA profile photo
It is used as a standard phone and video conference platform for the entire organization. I use it to interview job candidates and conduct remote meetings.
  • Easy to join, system punches in the access codes automatically, even if you dial in through phone
  • Ability to control audio/video access
  • All features of app would work as if you are dialed in through the app, even though you are dialed in through the land/cell line
  • Works in China!!!
  • The app automatically adjusts to the quality of bandwidth available to user to ensure optional quality of video and audio
  • N/A
Pretty happy with it. Excellent alternative to Zoom and it was available to our firm for free. It works in China (unlike Zoom) and it makes a huge difference for me as I have clients there.
Read Aleksey N. Krylov, CFA's full review
Sarah Bandy profile photo
BlueJeans is being used across our organization, specifically for board meetings and connecting folks to larger all-staff meetings as we push forward action items on our strategic plan. I, as Executive Director, use it the most, as I am the one who usually initiates all-staff and board meetings. It has historically assisted us with connecting team members on virtual meetings.
  • BlueJeans is great at making a meeting link and making it easy to invite people to meetings via email.
  • BlueJeans is generally easy to use and has a relatively well-designed interface.
  • I think BlueJeans is much like a lot of meeting applications that people have used before so the learning curve isn't bad.
  • BlueJeans is among the longest lag-time for any virtual meeting software that I've used.
  • I think the design and forward-facing parts of BlueJeans could be spiffed up and made to look a little more modern.
  • I wasn't impressed with the glitchy calls we have been navigating, that we don't see on Skype for Business.
BlueJeans is a generally useful and intuitive virtual call management software which does what it claims to do by connecting folks to each other on a virtual meeting. I think that the software is slightly glitchier than its alternatives and there are so many other options that it makes it frustrating to use.
Read Sarah Bandy's full review
Michael Timms profile photo
BlueJeans is being used for video conferencing. It is one of several that we use, but I will say that it is the least troublesome and the easiest to support. BlueJeans can be used from pretty much any device, gives users an option to record the meeting for viewing later, and you can dial into meetings if the need arises. I have the standalone version deployed to all of the users that need it, and the only issue that I have seen is that sometimes it will try to download BlueJeans again instead of launching in the preinstalled application.
  • Allows access from any device
  • Gives users the option to record meetings
  • Chrome plugin is available
  • Occasionally see audio quality issues from users in other countries.
  • Screen sharing causes high CPU usage with some users
  • Some users can't connect when clicking the meeting link. This could be a permissions issue though.
BlueJeans is well suited in a mixed environment of Mac, PC, and Linux, an environment with users all over the globe, an environment with mobile users, or a combination of all of the above which is what I deal with. An example of where BlueJeans would not be ideal would be an organization with a lot of South American users because I have seen a lot of these users stricken with lagging and audio issues. Overall, my opinion is that BlueJeans is well suited for most organizations, and my experience with audio issues with South American users might not be common.
Read Michael Timms's full review
Adam Smith, CTS-I, ME profile photo
BlueJeans is used firm-wide to create a flexible video conferencing platform accessible to all users, both locally and remotely. It also integrates with our Level III audio bridge service.
  • BlueJeans is extremely easy to use and is complemented by its feature set including an Outlook add-in and ability to record meetings.
  • The recent addition of Dolby Digital audio has noticeably increased the audio quality of meetings.
  • Customer service is phenomenal. Whether troubleshooting or testing a new BlueJeans feature, their support is extremely responsive and knowledgeable.
  • Resolution is currently capped at 720p. We would like to see up to 1080p supported.
  • Otherwise, it's hard to find cons...
BlueJeans is suitable for enterprises of any size where users have a need to connect over video. Their subscription costs are scalable to the number of users. Unless a business or education facility has no need to connect over video, then BlueJeans is appropriate for everyone.
Read Adam Smith, CTS-I, ME's full review
Daniel Darabaris, FPC PHR profile photo
We use BlueJeans as a tool during team meetings when we need to have more of a personal touch. BlueJeans allows us to engage our webcams to be able to see the meeting participants. It helps keep everyone engaged.
  • Webcam sharing
  • Audio through computer
  • Virtual meetings
  • Audio Buffering sometimes lags
  • Dashboard is a little complicated
  • Recording could be improved
BlueJeans is great for bringing team members together who are remote or in different offices. It's a great solution to help personalize team meetings and forces people to participate. It's a great collaborative tool. BlueJeans is not so good when you need to share to a large group, like in a training event. The number of camsand computer audio can be distracting.
Read Daniel Darabaris, FPC PHR's full review
Paolo Battimiello profile photo
It's being used internally with colleagues and externally with customers and partners, nationally and internationally.
  • Stability of connection.
  • Good app on mobile phone.
  • Easy to connect directly.
  • Setting up a conference call.
  • Adding email addresses to the conference call while setting it up (why isn't it possible to "cut and paste"?).
For conference calls with multiple participants.
Read Paolo Battimiello's full review
Caolan Mccrossan profile photo
My overall experience with Bluejeans is superb. I am a constant user of this tool. I would say it is the most economical program. It provides me excellent technical support with strong security. Bluejeans events look really amazing. I love the way it combines audio and video without any distortions. The best part about it is that it is light weight video conferencing tool as compare to others.
  • Well designed.
  • Fast systems.
  • Versatile tools.
  • No communication failures.
  • It consumes a lot of resources.
In my opinion, this is the best application for communication. It works more than one's expectations. It is providing all the necessary features for communications which we need. I will surely say that it is a well-suited product with us.
Read Caolan Mccrossan's full review
Daniel Young profile photo
Everyone has access to it. We use it for internal and external meetings with clients and partners.
  • Simple meeting start functionality.
  • Easy sharing of screens.
  • Individual accounts and links work well.
  • Annotations
Sorry, it’s a conferencing platform so I think it’s best suited to conferencing.
Read Daniel Young's full review
Steven Wunsch profile photo
June 28, 2019

BlueJeans Rocks!

We use it to conduct distance learning and training for our staff members, as well as periodic employee staff meetings so participation from remote venues can participate.
  • Users can connect with a wide variety of devices.
  • It is very easy for users to join in on a meeting by following a simple link.
  • Proprietary software and hardware is not needed to participate.
  • Recording and archiving of meetings is cumbersome.
  • Stored meetings cannot easily be shared or accessed by persons who could not attend the meeting.
  • There are frequent audio and feedback issues when making presentations which are distracting to the presenter.
Excellent for allowing off-duty or busy employees to still participate in important training or meetings when they would otherwise have to missed the information presented. Not well suited in areas with limited access to broadband internet.
Read Steven Wunsch's full review
Amit Brutta profile photo
October 21, 2019

Nice tool for meetings

It is used to organise meetings between our multi located teams and our partners offshore. It's used as an effective way of communication.
  • Easy meeting organiser
  • Intelligent voice recognizer. Switched immediately to the video of the person talking
  • Customisable UI
  • Some calls drop
  • Initial setup hiccups when people join and are unable to hear each other
[It's well suited for] Organising large scale meetings and video conferences.
Read Amit Brutta's full review
Steve Durr profile photo
Answer Health is an independent physician organization in the state of Michigan. We recommend the use of Blue Jeans to our member's practices to offer telemedicine services to their patients. We help practices sign up and develop workflows with Blue Jeans. Additionally, we configure their account for HIPAA compliance after creation.
  • No account signup for participants
  • Outlook integration
  • Ease of use
  • When creating an appointment with Outlook, the meeting is not added to the account. It exists only in the schedulers Outlook calendar.
Well suited for basic telemedicine. Not well suited for full feature telemedicine (NOPP, TOU, credit card processing, and patient self selecting appointments).
Read Steve Durr's full review
Mario Tristan profile photo
We use it for administrative purposes, teaching activities, and project planning and evaluation.
  • The voice and and screen transmission is very stable.
  • The access to a meeting is usually very easy and fast for our invitees
  • The recording of the sessions is good.
  • Improvements when doing PowerPoint presentations and access to other tools such as chat are needed.
  • The presenter needs to confirm easily what the participants have in their screen.
In general, it is very good for webinars and management meetings. We use it mostly for both of them and it works very well. I think it would be very good to have a recording alert. Sometimes I just forget to switch on the recording and I realize that the option is off when the session is about to finish. Secondly, we alawys need to edit the recording sesion using alternative software. Lastly, and least important, we recieve 2 recoding files, which is confusing. A collleague received them and just sent the short one. I think you have to fix it.
Read Mario Tristan's full review

High quality audio (318)
High quality video (316)
Low bandwidth requirements (292)
Mobile support (267)
Desktop sharing (307)
Whiteboards (125)
Calendar integration (281)
Meeting initiation (298)
Integrates with social media (102)
Record meetings / events (254)
Slideshows (192)
Live chat (233)
Audience polling (91)
Q&A (120)
User authentication (203)
Participant roles & permissions (211)
Confidential attendee list (141)

About BlueJeans

The BlueJeans meetings platform aims to bring video, audio and web conferencing together with the collaboration tools people use every day.

It is a cloud service that connects desktops, mobile devices and room systems in one video meeting. According to the vendor, BlueJeans makes meetings fast to join and simple to use, so people can work productively where and how they want.