Reviews (1-25 of 493)
- Security: BlueJeans provides a properly secured platform for private meetings and discussions.
- Audio: BlueJeans audio is transmitted crisply and with little to no latency.
- Collaboration: BlueJeans comes with a well-thought-out suite of tools for onscreen collaboration, mark up, chat, and more, which helps ensure productive work meetings.
- Recording: BlueJeans allows for high-quality recording of meetings, particularly useful for onboarding and training, and the recorded video is available almost immediately.
- Video: In general, video quality is acceptable, but could be improved. Understandably, this is a tough nut to crack, given the proliferation of different cameras and variances in bandwidth, but having seen far better and more reliable video quality elsewhere, I am certain BlueJeans can do better... particularly with the power of Verizon's 5G network behind it.
- Scheduling: A "nice to have" would be the ability to schedule meetings directly within the standalone application, rather than having to log in through the browser.
In my mind, BlueJeans really shines in the area of meetings where activity needs to be recorded for later use, such as training and onboarding.
And of course, meetings requiring any sort of privacy or security (which is EVERY meeting, as far as I am concerned) are squarely in BlueJeans' sweet spot. It is truly wonderful not having to even think about the possibility of uninvited "guests" crashing the party, nor having to deal with clumsy, tacked-on "security" measures.
Mostly sales and technical teams use this application. It saves a lot of time and travel expenses.
- Very good video and audio quality with limited access to internet.
- Screen sharing with limited access to internet.
- Security. It provides enough security to share confidential documents.
- Whiteboard presentation.
- There is no options to change background.
- Polls. It doesn't have any features for polling or voting.
- Easy to use and install on many devices and very intuitive. The GUI app is very friendly and you only have just the right amount of options you need to make the conference work: share screen, chat, control over your camera and mic. For the users, this is great since you don't have to spend a lot of time teaching them how to use BlueJeans.
- The compatibility with the videoconference codecs we have (Polycom, LifeSize, etc). There's no need for extra plug-ins. You just dial to the BlueJeans IP address and enter the meeting ID and passcode, and you're done.
- The recording option is excellent for the unlimited storage on the cloud and the option to locally download the recordings.
- The app 2.0 has some missing options, like the option to directly send an invite by entering the email address to add new people, and some problems, like a black screen for certain users. We understand that this is a new version and might have some bugs, but we hope you can fix it soon.
- It needs the ability for a moderator to share content like videos or record without the need of a BlueJeans user login.
- Some users are able to share videos with sound and some users are not. I guess that depends on the PC sound settings, but it would be nice to have a brief guide on how to share videos with sound.
- Multiple options to connect (mobile devices, PCs using browser OR app, VC Room systems)
- Ease of connection (once you are used to it)
- Relatively low bandwidth works well as compared to most other competing platforms
- I have found customer service to be particularly responsive, and rare occasions when they fail to come up with an answer/solution.
- Options for layouts (for participant videos); beats most other competing platforms, though it could still be improved
- Live streaming to Facebook Live/Workplace
- Almost unlimited recording (soft limit of 50GB)
- Polls (it is unbelievable that such a basic and useful feature it STILL missing)
- Waiting room (anyone with the link or meeting details can join in)
- Lack of "registration option" for joining meetings (this would be a nifty feature to have)
- Breakout rooms aren't easy at all; for meetings of 30-50 people, some get left behind. Each participant needs to be allotted to a group individually, rather than have multiple participants selected for each breakout room). Also, once a breakout session is over, one has to start the allotment to groups all over again, from scratch, which is a hell of a lot for the meeting organizer or even a moderator to do
- A limit of 100 (or 150) participants still is low as compared to most other competing platforms
- More controls over layouts (for instance, ability to pin more than one participant, or have more than 9 participants visible at a time)
- Background blurring
- Background noise cancellation
- Verbal cues for mic on and mic off would be nice
- A feature for a parallel audio stream (for translation) would be fantastic. India speaks in many, many languages (at least 30 different languages which are widely used); this would set BlueJeans apart from all others
- BlueJeans is very good at allowing sharing.
- It's quite reliable as we have never had connection instability problems.
- The technical support is responsive.
- Lack of instructions in Italian, which is a widespread language available on other platforms
- A local recording option to prevent loss of recordings would be great.
- When you upgrade you cannot compensate with the amount you have already paid, but you have to pay the whole amount and keep the credit for the following year.
- User interface
- Video quality
- Moderator tools (easily mute)
- Startup is fast
- I don't like that I can't schedule from the desktop Mac app.
- Ever since the merge with Verizon, I've had freezing issues in almost every call. I corrected the severe freezing by turning off location services for my calendar app (it caused BlueJeans to overload my CPU).
- It's misleading when you say "Dolby audio" or video is being sent/received when it's a very low resolution or standard audio quality.
- We use the white board feature at nearly every meeting.
- The audio and video quality are very good.
- It just works. It meets our needs to hold in-person meetings with clients from across the country and gives us the tools to enable creative discourse and production planning.
- The process of joining a meeting can be confusing to less than technically savvy users. We have one client who is older and consistently has difficulties synchronizing between the desktop client and the web-based interface. I'm still not exactly sure what he's doing. But, we'll be five minutes into a meeting and he will see a pop-up window appear asking if he wants to log into BlueJeans. I should have taken the time to contact support. But, I have yet to do so.
- One other issue is that there is no white board save feature. If we are done explaining a concept on the whiteboard and have gone back to the "general session" and then someone has a novel idea about the white board diagram, we go back to the whiteboard function and the previous work is gone. We now work around that by snapping screenshots periodically (when we remember to) but often, when ideas are flying and concepts are being flushed out, there is not a lot of time to remember to screenshot something. I'm not sure how this would work technically, or if it's even possible. But, it would be great to leave content on the whiteboard until the user decides to "erase" it.
- Host multiple participants with ease
- Is accessible for blind users using speech software
- Setting up meetings is particularly easy and efficient.
- Include an audible clue when participants want to contribute to a discussion - useful for a chair who is blind.
- Phone dial-in could be simplified.
- The name isn’t obvious or recognized - when suggesting to other companies that we use BlueJeans, they are all on Zoom or Teams (both are inferior).
Currently, the tool is only used by our Marketing Team for our internal calls and also for webinars with customers, but down the road, I plan to have the rest of the PourMyBeer team start using this great tool as well. Keep up the great work!
- Ability to manage webinars
- Great quality of recording
- My only struggle right now is that no one knows of BlueJeans so anytime I've tried sending bluejeans link, the prospects, customers, or our partners were worried that they have to install another app, etc.; that is why I am still also using Google Hangouts with 3rd parties.
- Lack of education on what exactly I can do with BlueJeans, for example, we would love to organize a webinar of a larger size but don't know how to allow people to register via a link and make the process smooth.
- It never freezes even though we live in a place with limited internet connectivity.
- It is easy to set up meetings within the platform.
- The seamless and easy way to include backgrounds to hide my messy office.
- The chat room is easy to us.
- I don't have any issues with the platform.
- BlueJeans does not buffer like Zoom, so my customers say!
- BlueJeans is quick to setup for my customers who have never used BlueJeans.
- BlueJeans is easy when it comes to sharing documents and screens.
- When scheduling meetings, it would be great to set my schedule at CST time but it defaults to PST. Uggghhh! If you skip around the meeting set up, sometimes the time zone switches back to Pacific.
- It would be great if you could view the entry to the scheduling tool like more of WYSWYG and then be able to hit submit. Too many times I have goofed up on the time.
- Screen share capabilities.
- Audio/Video never functioned properly during screen share. Video would play fine but the audio lagged behind and ruined the experience for our team members. This is a main feature we needed from Bluejeans and it always failed. Very disappointing.
- The reliability of the connection was never consistent. In many recent meetings the whole platform would freeze for all users and kick us all out of the meeting. This was across the board for all users. It would start with extreme latency and then we would see "Resolving Network Issues." Soon we would be kicked out and need to use another platform such as Zoom or Google Meet to reconvene the meeting.
With Covid-19 realities we have had to pivot from doing all this work in-person. So far it's been a great tool and we were attracted to the end-to-end encryption which some competitors were not offering back in March of 2020.
- Good video quality.
- Easy to use.
- Some break-out into small group features.
- Small break-out groups can be improved - one competitor has an advantage there for sure.
- It would be great to allow users to move the video boxes around their screen to help those of us who have large screens and external webcams to move people and the video of ourselves into the most useful spot.
It would be great if it could be used for protected B or secret conversations but I am not sure what would have to be done to get it to that level of security.
- As compared to other tools it allows us to see more than 5 video screens of team members even when presentations are being shared.
- There is a slider for us to choose so as to not not compromise the size of presentation or audience.
- The latest improvement of seeing more than 9 video screens is simply amazing!
- It sometimes has audio connection issues.
- The customer service team is also very tardy at responding.
- The pop-up screen of videos cannot be hidden easily during presentation.
- It does seem very sensitive to bandwidth support hence it is important for everyone to have good bandwidths to use BlueJeans.
- I am confident about the privacy and security of our meetings and classes using BlueJeans.
- The audio and video connections are crystal clear.
- Having the option to record sessions has also proven a huge plus to us.
- It is sometimes difficult to insert email addresses because there is no copy and paste feature available.
- The use of email addresses only rather than names also adds an added layer of frustration.
- It is sometimes difficult to mute all participants.
So for us almost all teams including Finance, Technical Units, Procurement, Monitoring everyone uses this software.
- BlueJeans has clean pristine interface, Its simple easy to use an intuitive. Most of our senior colleagues are Senior Doctors, Governmental Professionals with very little IT experience. They find it very easy to connect and use BlueJeans compared to other similar software.
- The voice quality in BlueJeans is very good. The difference is obvious as soon as you connect to BlueJeans after a Skype call. With the same hardware and drivers BlueJeans produces much better result.
- The ability to send invites, create a permalink to meeting which can launch meeting instantly, the ability to fallback on browser based interface makes it perfect. The system is perfect to the point that if participant is unable to join a meeting, the IT department can say with surety that, it is only because of connectivity issues at user end. The software has ample fallbacks in place.
- Recordings are very well managed with BlueJeans, the person that's making minutes are attend the meeting at ease knowing that he can refer back to recordings and contribute usefully to the meeting. You do not need to have expensive recording equipment.
- BlueJeans Mobile App, even on the go 'in a car' or 'outdoors' with mobile data plan you are not stuck in front of your desk.
- The landline numbers are limited to very few-geolocations. It will be amazing to have landline numbers to connect to meeting from a lot more places.
- With my plan the participant number is limited to 50. I think it should be more because similar software allow for more participants in paid versions.
- The system has experienced some glitches at times. We have conducted many dozens of meetings in last 6-8 months a couple of times it did happen when users at different locations could not connect to the meeting. We ended up creating a new meeting and then it started to work.
There is an official/formal tone to using software such as BlueJeans compared to Skype. This maybe because Skype is widely used for personal use. Using Business software just keeps everyone focused on meeting agenda and it has been observed that there is less cross-talk/noise and there are more controls to administered meetings.
- Voice clarity is exceptional.
- Sharing and annotating on screen is easy and very effective.
- Having international phone access lines have been helpful for clients overseas.
- The ability to schedule, record and review.
- We had issues with some machines that used multiple sound outputs, had to fine-tune BlueJeans to make sure communication was flawless
- Wish we had more annotation options, or multiple user annotation while doing on screen share.
- Perhaps adding a multiple interface, so one could directly annotate on a tablet device while having video feed.
- Accessibility, app and in browser access is key to the success of our roll out.
- Secure, encryption and strong moderator tools enable a secure meeting platform.
- Quality, excellent audio and video quality.
- Ease of use, from moderator to meeting attendee the system is very intuitive and easy to use.
- Reporting could be improved, although there is a good reporting suite, it would be beneficial to have more flexibility with some of the reporting. For example running activity reports across a set of accounts over a user defined period.
- We have had some issues with meetings overlapping and where the room is locked. It would be good to have a waiting area for those attempting to get into meetings or functionality to let you know someone is waiting.
- We have had some issues of users not logging in as a moderator by mistake and it would be helpful to have a way for a user to switch to a moderator without having to leave the room.
Meetings where attendees are likely to exceed 75 are not appropriate and would suggest looking at the BlueJeans event platform for such meetings.
- Very easy to use. Setting up conferences is highly intuitive and simple.
- Reliable. I have only experienced on instance in the last 12 months when I was not able to set up a conference due to a system-wide failure.
- Excellent video and audio quality across the board. Our users like BlueJeans better than other services for this reason.
- Scheduling options. Specifically in the area of recurring conferences. The basic recurring patterns will cover most instances, but there are times when a conference will fall on a holiday, or additional instances of conferences need to be scheduled outside the main recurrence pattern. This is not possible the way this area of BlueJeans is structured today.
- Modern looking UI. Easy for end users.
- Partnered with Dolby - audio is fantastic. We used to have an external mic/speaker as part of our remote employee package so they didn't use the built in mic/speaker on video calls. Now, not only is that not needed, but as long as the call is placed with the BlueJeans app, the caller could be on a noisy street and their voice would be isolated and crystal clear!
- Good layout and detailed Command Center for IT admins to monitor usage and identify audio/video/connection issues with individual connections on each meeting.
- There needs to be better options for automating a regular install/uninstall of Bluejeans. There's no reason to have different registry paths for most of the installs in an organization or to put it in appdata.
- It would be so much easier for end users if they could make changes to Meeting Settings and Default Scheduling Options in the desktop app instead of via the web interface. With the desktop app and Outlook plugin installed, they shouldn't have to ever touch the web interface.
If this is going to be deployed in an enterprise environment, plan that first, since managing installs later on that were installed using the one-off installer is next to impossible since it installs to a different registry location for different users.
- It is a very stable and highly secure tool.
- It is a very easy to use tool, very intuitive and easy to use for any user.
- I think sometimes if it could be advisable to see more than 25 people at the same time, especially in group classes.
- When using the wallpaper, the processor of my PC consumes a lot of use of the processor and if I use it for a long time the video stops, forcing me to restart the application, I think this application can be improved by making it lighter.
In classes with the interaction of many students I think it has the disadvantage of not being able to observe all the participants at the same time or being able to move between groups of participants.
In the current conditions of social distancing it has become an indispensable tool for daily work.
New opportunities are still being explored for its use, especially in daily classes in our graduate programs.
During COVID and the restrictions that followed, it was not possible to have physical meetings. Also, as there were restrictions on travel, we needed an efficient digital tool to connect our teams based in two different cities in two of our offices. BlueJeans has helped to overcome these limitations and we have been effectively conducting team meetings as well as board meetings on this platform with equal ease as a physical meeting.
- BlueJeans supports multiple platforms such as mobile phones, tablets, and PCs providing convenience to its users to select the instrument of their choice.
- The sound quality in BlueJeans is crystal clear and natural due to Dolby Voice.
- Smart meetings highlights is a very unique feature provided by BlueJeans where participants can highlight specific moments in meetings.
- Security features provided such as meetings encryption, screen share control, participants' meeting code, etc.
- The meeting invite sent to participants displays the meeting code as well as participant code in the link, which ideally should not be displayed but encrypted.
- There have been instances when the BlueJeans application has frozen and it would have had to be restarted and such a situation is embarrassing when it is the moderator's application. This needs to be corrected by improving reliability.
- When there are multiple users attending the meeting from the same room and their speakers are on, there is an issue of echo.
BlueJeans Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is BlueJeans?
The BlueJeans meetings platform aims to bring video, audio and web conferencing together with the collaboration tools people use every day.
It is a cloud service that connects desktops, mobile devices and room systems in one video meeting. According to the vendor, BlueJeans makes meetings fast to join and simple to use, so people can work productively where and how they want.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
|Meetings - Standard||$9.99||per month|
|Meetings - Pro||$13.99||per month|
|Meetings - Enterprise||Contact Sales|
|Events - Video Webinars 100 Attendees||$83.00||per month|
|Events - Video Webinars 200 Attendees||$313.00||per month|
|Events - Video Webinars 500 Attendees||$499.00||per month|
|Events - Large Scale Events (Up to 50k Attendees)||Custom Quote|
|Gateway for Teams - Per Room Plan||$99.00||*per month|
*Custom pricing for more than 20 rooms.
BlueJeans Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
BlueJeans Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, German, French|