Overall Satisfaction with Groove
We use Groove to integrate with Salesforce, streamline email flows, schedule meetings, and log customer communications. When having to follow up with so many different customers, I find that Groove allows me to track each individual communication more efficiently. The if/then rules allow me to automate a lot of communication and focus on the customers that may have questions or important feedback to give. I also no longer have to provide available days/times and book meetings manually. Customers can easily book using my availability and I get a simple email notification and calendar event.
- The if/then rules for email flows allow me to automate a lot of communication and focus on the customers that may have questions or important feedback to give.
- I also no longer have to provide available days/times and book meetings manually. Customers can easily book using my availability and I get a simple email notification and calendar event.
- Integrates with Salesforce seamlessly and automatically logs email communications and bookings.
- I can't think of much, but it would be nice to be able to edit our individual calendar settings when included in a group scheduling link.
- Salesforce integration.
- Calendar booking.
- Email flows.
- Increase efficiency in communication.
- Now spending zero time on coordinating schedule bookings.
- Now spending zero time on logging emails manually.
Groove is fairly easy to use once you get the hang of it. There is a bit of a learning curve in the beginning but it becomes more intuitive as you go. The Omnibar took a while to get used to. And the email flow settings also took some time to learn what each one is capable of doing for your scheduling needs.
I save anywhere from 2-5 hours per week on administrative tasks and 5-12 hours per week on communicating via email.
Do you think Groove delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Groove's feature set?
Did Groove live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Groove go as expected?
Would you buy Groove again?
Groove is well suited for Salesforce integration when it comes to tracking emails and calendar bookings to specific accounts or contacts. It is well suited for email flows as well to send out mass communications. The Gmail Omnibar extension is great for making easy updates in Salesforce accounts, but not so much for more detailed updates that need to be made. I prefer going into Salesforce to make those bigger, more intricate updates.