Overall Satisfaction with Harvest
We are using Harvest to track time on all projects. This tracking allows us to manage expenses and bill our clients at an accurate rate. We also use Harvest for building project estimates that don't require a full proposal. We use Harvest for all invoicing. This has helped our business keep all our financial reporting in one easy to access location.
- Harvest tracks time. Enough said. There is a great desktop and mobile tracking app for Harvest that makes it very easy to track all billable time.
- Harvest is easy invoicing at it's best. We are able to create invoices based on project tracked time and quickly get paid from our clients.
- Harvest also allows us to build estimates for smaller projects giving the client the ability to accept the estimate online. This helps us kick off smaller projects faster.
- We would love to see Harvest build a feature for more detailed proposals that could be signed by the client and then automatically be turned into a billable invoice. The estimate falls short of this for larger projects.
- Sending an invoice directly to the client from the Harvest dashboard can sometimes fail. Because it's coming from a spoofed email- some clients never get the invoice because it get's trapped in their spam folder.
- Harvest has improved our payment schedules. Since we switched, we get paid for projects much sooner.
- Harvest has saved us a ton of time with payroll. We are able to track our users time and pay them appropriately based on their billable hours.
- Harvest is becoming a lifesaver around tax time. The reporting features have allowed us to pull reports for our tax accountant.
We tried QuickBooks Online for project invoices and Harvest far exceeds its ability. QuickBooks did not allow us to easily track time or create easy to use line-item estimates. We have not been able to find a service that can offer everything Harvest can help with. Harvest helps us manage our business.
Harvest is perfect for small to medium-sized companies with multiple users working on multiple projects. It allows business owners to easily manage invoice and expense tracking without the need of hiring for a bookkeeping position. Larger enterprise companies may find the features useless if they already have an accounting department in place.