PayPal Payments is a payment gateway software solution offered by PayPal.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/HK/rB/2W1M6CKO3SO6.pngPaypal Payments: An Almost Complete SolutionI've been using Paypal Payments for my small business, as well as a fundraiser event I produce, for a number of years. Our experiences have been with transactions coming from our websites, not card swiping on location. Paypal Payments is kind of the original, easy to use, online payment portal, in my opinion. It's easy to use and doesn't cost any more than the transaction fee, plus accepts all major credit cards. Many people already have Paypal accounts and are familiar with it. However, even if you don't have a Paypal account, a customer can still use the portal for the transaction.,Paypal Payments does a great job of interfacing with a website. If you have one product or item for purchase, it's easy to have the site create the code for a payment button. In other cases, we have integrated WooCommerce with Paypal so the entire shopping cart transaction can be simply handled by Paypal Payments. Once a transaction is completed, it often ends up in your Paypal account immediately. From there, you can transfer the funds to your account (usually 1 or 2 business days). As many businesses take Paypal as payment these days, you can use those funds for your own business purposes if you would like. The fraud protection of Paypal Payments is worth noting. If a transaction seems unusual, a hold may be put on the transaction until the funds clear. This doesn't happen often. In addition, Paypal does provide phone support if a transaction turns out to be fraudulent.,It would be nice to be able to customize the payment page in Paypal Payments to better match the website look. Currently, we can only add our logo and business name. While the button code feature is nice and very helpful, it would be great to have more choices of how those buttons look. We get around that by designing our own button and using the link code (on our clients' sites that only need one button, not a whole shopping cart.),8,Definitely, a positive impact for our business is to be able to easily take credit/debit cards. Compared to a few years ago, waiting around for checks to be written and sent can impact cash flow. Currently, we have about 50% of our clients paying via Paypal Payments, and the fee we pay for that payment balances out (we think) versus waiting several weeks for a check to arrive in the mail. One negative impact is the misconception we've run into over the years is that you have to have a Paypal account to use this gateway. Of course, that's not true and once we point this out, usually we have no trouble. Occasionally still, we have to make arrangements for our clients to pay via Square or accept a check, because they are not quite into the 21st century. Another positive impact for us is that money transfers from our Paypal account to our bank account take, on average, one business day. Paypal states it will take up to three, but our experience is that it is much shorter.,Square POS,HubSpot, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Illustrator CCPayPal Payments Saves Time and Money for Small BusinessMy organization is using across the entire organization. We use it to take mobile payments as well as e-commerce across multiple domains. Without PayPal we would looking at much higher transaction rates so this saves us time and money across the board. PayPal user friendly platform for mobile, online and invoicing allows us to complete a full circle spectrum of collecting money.,Payment Dispute Handling Mobile Payments Secure Payment for E-commerce,API functionality setup is tricky without a developer Integration with additional sources for enhanced marketing capabilities,7,Positive - Low Service Fees make profit margin realistic Cons - Service Fees take away from the bottom line, but its merely a point of business,Squarespace,HubSpot CRM, MailChimp, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Weebly, Wix, WordPress, Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins, GoDaddy, SpyFu, Bing Webmaster Tools, Facebook for Business, Hootsuite Pro, Yext Knowledge Manager, LinkedIn Marketing SolutionsMy PayPal Payments Review: "The Best Payment Method".Sending invoices to customers and receiving customer payments. It is much easier and safer than calling by phone and writing down a card number. My clients feel comfortable paying an invoice through PayPal. This helps with sales, since it is a point of resistance when you try to make the sale. Intuitive and convenient billing allows me to generate invoices easily and receive the fastest and safest payment. Especially when it comes to existing customers who have already been billed in the past or are in a re-real-time plan, since it allows me to access their previous invoice and make the necessary minor editions, such as updating the due date and any other additional item you need. to be included. I can receive payments from clients so that we do not have to schedule meeting times to check or cash. I can also receive money from my clients around the world without having to worry about checks.,SPEED: It is very fast for customers to pay their bills. SECURITY: It is the safest payment platform in the world. RELIABILITY: This platform is very reliable because it is years old and up to now it is very reliable.,The delay time to transfer money from my PayPal account to my banking account. For me it has to be improved. The rates are a little higher compared to other payment methods. They should improve that. Sometimes, the automated protection measures mean that you put a hold on our cards for "suspicious activity.",10,We in our organization have had a very positive impact with our sales. Since being PayPal international we can do jobs to any person anywhere in the world if problems when paying for our work. And negative impacts have been the fees placed by Paypal because they are very high and we lose money.,,Amazon Pay, BitPay, SkrillPayPal lets me expand my freelance projects.As a graphic designer, I have many opportunities to work on freelance projects. PayPal enables me to confidently offer my services to clients outside my geographic area and on a flexible schedule. Before, I was limited to working with people who were close enough to me to be able to meet with in person to accept payment or wait for physical checks in the mail. Now, I can accept a design request from someone on the other side of the globe, complete the work and get paid in a matter of hours without leaving my home.,Accept payments from a variety of sources. Send and track invoices easily. Add financial services as needed without a lot of overhead.,Fees could be lower. The time it takes to transfer money to bank accounts. No way to opt out of "special offer" screens on login.,9,The way PayPal charges fees doesn't penalize me for slow months. It has allowed me to expand my customer base. It frees me from duplicate record keeping in shipping and invoicing.,,Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator CC, Apache OpenOfficeMy pal, the PayPalPayPal payments is a fast way for me to send payments to contractors, or vendors I work with. It saves me from having to open up QuickBooks, look the vendor up, load a check into the printer, print the check, sign the check and stamp and mail it. That right there is about 5 - 10 minutes of work. If I have to send payments to 10 or more vendors... ugh, check printing NO THANK YOU. In summary, I make heavy use of PayPal to send payments to people and this saves me time to run my company and not just send payments.,It draws from your banking account (linked accounts) making it easy to send money. Allows me to leave notes and if need be, get a refund fast! Everything moves pretty quick with PayPal, I have not had an issue with funds getting tied up.,My biggest gripe with PayPal is the way it handles bookkeeping at a time. When I pay someone, PayPal takes money from my banking account, and deposits it into my PayPal, then it un - holds the funds and issues payments. When I go to do my taxes at the end of the year and import my expenses, it looks like I have x2 the deposits and this requires a bit of sorting. When I started to work with an accountant from Pakistan, they just had access to see my funds and reconcile my accounts.. PayPal froze my account until the contractor from Pakistan could submit verification documents, this was a bit of a stress.,9,The ROI is good. PayPal is more or less free... Yes, there are the 2.9 + $. 30 transaction fees that sort of suck.. But beyond that, it's easy to set up and free. The example before, 10 people to send checks to print style would take about 60 minuets to do. Do this 4 times a month, at 1 a year, and you just saved yourself 48 hours of work. Look at how much you pay yourself per hour, less the PayPal fees... And that is a good ROI.,Accounting by Wave, QuickBooks Pro and Facebook for Business,Facebook for Business, Shopify, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Photoshop
PayPal Payments

PayPal Payments Reviews

PayPal Payments
Filter 67 vetted PayPal Payments reviews and ratings
Tim Vahsholtz profile photo
September 07, 2018

Review: "Paypal Payments: An Almost Complete Solution"

• Paypal Payments does a great job of interfacing with a website. If you have one product or item for purchase, it's easy to have the site create the code for a payment button. In other cases, we have integrated WooCommerce with Paypal so the entire shopping cart transaction can be simply handled by Paypal Payments.
  • Once a transaction is completed, it often ends up in your Paypal account immediately. From there, you can transfer the funds to your account (usually 1 or 2 business days). As many businesses take Paypal as payment these days, you can use those funds for your own business purposes if you would like.
  • The fraud protection of Paypal Payments is worth noting. If a transaction seems unusual, a hold may be put on the transaction until the funds clear. This doesn't happen often. In addition, Paypal does provide phone support if a transaction turns out to be fraudulent.
  • It would be nice to be able to customize the payment page in Paypal Payments to better match the website look. Currently, we can only add our logo and business name.
  • While the button code feature is nice and very helpful, it would be great to have more choices of how those buttons look. We get around that by designing our own button and using the link code (on our clients' sites that only need one button, not a whole shopping cart.)
Paypal Payments is superb for sites with a single product, a few products, or a donation. It also works well for e-commerce shopping carts where you have a small to medium amount of items. Paypal Payments usually handles the one-time payment of the shopping cart, then directs you back to the merchant's site. This also puts the burden of a secure transaction SSL on Paypal, rather than your own website.

If a commerce site is much bigger, or requires many items and/or selections, it may be more advantageous to look at some other options that would handle the payments "on site." This set up would require a site to be tightly secured, as credit card info would be transmitted on the merchant site.
Read Tim Vahsholtz's full review
Victoria Smith profile photo
August 02, 2018

Review: "PayPal Payments Saves Time and Money for Small Business"

• Payment Dispute Handling
  • Mobile Payments
  • Secure Payment for E-commerce
  • API functionality setup is tricky without a developer
  • Integration with additional sources for enhanced marketing capabilities
PayPal Payments is great for an e-commerce site as well as an online membership site. These are growing site functionalities as Amazon and other corporate affiliations expand thus making payment options affordable and manageable for the small business and mid-level business who chose to pay to play in this industry. Without PayPal Payments linking to Amazon, Ebay, and others smaller companies would be lost to accept online payments.
Read Victoria Smith's full review
Andrew V. Tims profile photo
November 12, 2018

"My PayPal Payments Review: "The Best Payment Method"."

• SPEED: It is very fast for customers to pay their bills.
  • SECURITY: It is the safest payment platform in the world.
  • RELIABILITY: This platform is very reliable because it is years old and up to now it is very reliable.
  • The delay time to transfer money from my PayPal account to my banking account. For me it has to be improved.
  • The rates are a little higher compared to other payment methods. They should improve that.
  • Sometimes, the automated protection measures mean that you put a hold on our cards for "suspicious activity."
We use PayPal to receive money from our international client. We also use the catwalk. If you wish to send and receive money internationally, use Paypal.

If you want to send a small amount, I do not recommend it, since everything would go in the commissions.
Read Andrew V. Tims's full review
Amelia Edwards profile photo
July 05, 2018

PayPal Payments Review: "PayPal lets me expand my freelance projects."

• Accept payments from a variety of sources.
  • Send and track invoices easily.
  • Add financial services as needed without a lot of overhead.
  • Fees could be lower.
  • The time it takes to transfer money to bank accounts.
  • No way to opt out of "special offer" screens on login.
PayPal is especially useful when you're exchanging goods and services at a distance. As a graphic designer, my "product" is mostly virtual and my clients can be anywhere in the world. Without the ability to safely send and receive funds in a convenient and secure way, my freelance opportunities would be extremely limited. My experiences with trying to accept payment through a regular bank were frustrating because the regularity of this work is not reliable enough to ensure that I don't lose money in monthly fees.
Read Amelia Edwards's full review
Tim Mack profile photo
September 25, 2018

PayPal Payments Review: "My pal, the PayPal"

• It draws from your banking account (linked accounts) making it easy to send money.
  • Allows me to leave notes and if need be, get a refund fast!
  • Everything moves pretty quick with PayPal, I have not had an issue with funds getting tied up.
  • My biggest gripe with PayPal is the way it handles bookkeeping at a time. When I pay someone, PayPal takes money from my banking account, and deposits it into my PayPal, then it un - holds the funds and issues payments. When I go to do my taxes at the end of the year and import my expenses, it looks like I have x2 the deposits and this requires a bit of sorting.
  • When I started to work with an accountant from Pakistan, they just had access to see my funds and reconcile my accounts.. PayPal froze my account until the contractor from Pakistan could submit verification documents, this was a bit of a stress.
If you are a small to medium sized business and you can't afford a bookkeeper to cut checks, or you just don't have time to write checks, then this is for you. You can send funds to the people you work with, transfer funds from one bank account to another, and it's all straightforward.
Read Tim Mack's full review
Brandon Zell profile photo
August 31, 2018

PayPal Payments Review: "Accept credit card invoice payments as a freelancer"

As a freelance web designer working with clients across the country, PayPal is the easiest way to invoice my clients who want to pay by credit card. For one-time payments, PayPal doesn't even require my clients to have a PayPal account in order to pay the invoice. This is a major plus as it's inconvenient to ask a client to sign up for a new account somewhere. PayPal even handles sending the invoice out.
  • Helps you create invoices, and sends them out.
  • Doesn't require that my clients have a PayPal account to pay the invoice.
  • Low processing fee for accepting payment via credit card.
  • Free funds transfer from PayPal to my bank account.
  • Invoice tool seems outdated compared to the polished look of the main dashboard.
  • Setting up recurring payments from clients is not easy and also seems outdated.
If you need to accept payments from someone via credit card, PayPal is an excellent option, especially if that payee is not nearby.
Read Brandon Zell's full review
Marissa Artman profile photo
July 26, 2018

PayPal Payments Review: "Great Product for Sole Business Owners, More Features Would be Excellent"

I am a sole proprietor, so my entire business is me. I use PayPay Payments to send clients invoices remotely, which solves the problem of them needing to send me a check or call with a credit card over the phone to use something like Square. It is seamless and very easy to use.
  • Invoices
  • Billing
  • Reminders
  • Tracking multiple invoices across customers
  • Customer databases
  • Reminders on late invoices
  • Automatically billing customers who are regular users of a service
PayPal is well suited to one-off invoices, such as a consulting gig, but perhaps less useful when you have a regular recurring relationship with a client and have to reinvent the invoice each and every month for the same services rendered. It would also be nice to have a catalog of customers with contact information that you could select from.
Read Marissa Artman's full review
Reagan Baird Nash profile photo
July 12, 2018

PayPal Payments Review: "Gets Me my Money Fast!"

I am the owner of a Life Coaching business and have chosen PayPal as my preferred method of payment from my clients. PayPal helps me accept payments securely, get money transferred to my business account quickly, and keep everything organized.
  • Secure transfers
  • Deposited into bank quickly (quicker than Stripe)
  • Integrations with other software
  • Automated invoices
  • I’d love if it integrated with Acuity
  • It stinks that I lose a percentage of my payments (though I understand that PayPal needs to be paid!)
PayPal has, so far, been the absolute easiest way to accept payments from clients. The PayPal.me link is especially easy to send!
Read Reagan Baird Nash's full review
Caryn Purdy profile photo
July 12, 2018

PayPal Payments Review: "PayPal is everything you need to send and receive payments"

I prefer PayPal over all other methods of sending and receiving payments for remote contracts, sales or commissions. I also prefer PayPal Here over other methods of processing credit card payments at vendor shows. Although the transaction fee is about the same, with PayPal the money is available in my account immediately.
  • Trustworthy
  • Fast transfer (no waiting for your payment to clear)
  • Back up funding sources
  • N/A
PayPal is well suited for online payments as well as on the spot credit card processing.
Read Caryn Purdy's full review
Lia Burres profile photo
July 09, 2018

PayPal Payments Review: "PayPal for business is your Pal in many useful ways."

As a blogger, I use PayPal to help with payments from my clients for doing social media work for them. It is easier for the payments to come through and to also pay for a VA (virtual assistant) when needed. It makes it easier to have payments in an instant, instead of waiting for a money order or something similar. It also makes it easier for my clients to make payments for their services to be rendered in a timely and quick manner.
  • One strength is that payments are instant and not taking a while to arrive via snail mail.
  • Your clients get their services delivered quickly.
  • They send an email to alert you when the payment has been made.
  • It would be helpful that when you have a currency set, that it would automatically change it when payments come through from another. An example would be you have your currency set to USD, then a payment comes through as British pounds. Then PayPal would automatically convert it to USD. That would keep us from having to go to PayPal to convert it after the payment has been made.
I cannot think of anything where they are less appropriate. They are always on top of things and help when someone on the other side doesn't hold up on their end of the purchase. We're protected. Therefore, I can't really think of anything that is less appropriate.
Read Lia Burres's full review
Jennifer Walschap profile photo
July 09, 2018

PayPal Payments Review: "Simple and Convenient Payment Option for Small Businesses!"

We use PayPal Payments to receive tuition payments from our students. It can be used by any of our clients and me, the Director, as well as my Assistant Director, can access it and transfer funds to our bank account. The feature that allows me to post a "Pay Now" button on our website is very helpful, as it is in a central location that is easy for customers to find and use. It is very easy to transfer money into our bank account, and now that we have been using it for a while, it only takes about 1 day, which is also very convenient.
  • Pay Now Button on Website
  • Easy Transfer to Bank Account
  • Overall Easy to Use and View Transactions Online
  • Invoicing Features - I use Quickbooks for my invoicing because I feel that PayPal's functionality is not as fleshed out in this area. For example, I don't think I can add and save customers
  • More Competitive Pricing - PayPal's pricing is about the same as most other companies, so if there was a way to make it even less, I think that would increase the appeal even more.
PayPal Payments is great for small businesses that don't have a ton of invoices and transactions each month. The PayPal Here card reader is very useful and the whole system is very easy to use on pretty much any device. The PayPal debit card is a convenient feature if you want to be able to access your money immediately, which often small businesses do. It is also great for businesses where most customers pay online, as these features are very convenient and easy to use.

If your business starts to grow and you need to make many invoices each month and/or keep track of customer's balances, something like Quickbooks will be a little better.
Read Jennifer Walschap's full review
Jackie Bassett profile photo
July 06, 2018

PayPal Payments Review: "Makes the Entire Buying & Paying Process a Seamless Experience"

We use PayPal Payments in two ways:

1) B to B: We do AI Voice testing for clients and since the testing is end-user experience focused there are many tests. Payments are by the test and we use PayPal Payments to automate the entire process which lets us invest our time and intelligence on the research, rathe than back office accounting. In turn our clients get to do that same, and it actually builds a stronger relationship.

2) B to C: We work with millennials and now that Venmo is owned by PayPal, they are very comfortable with our use of PayPal Payments. In addition, millennials are considered "unbanked" (from traditional banking) so if you're not using something familiar to their world, it takes away from their need for seamlessness. Or worse, they'll want you to use another app, that you may not find as trustworthy.

• Positively seamless experience of moving money, when and where both parties in a transaction need that to happen. When we do AI Voice testing, our clients pay through PayPal Payments in just 2 days. There are multiple vendors doing this, and there are lots of tests that come in at all times of the day - even on week-ends as it's very much an international mission, so keeping them all straight would be an overwhelming challenge if done any other way. And the payments are done through project management, rather than Finance, which is far more efficient.
  • Agility: PayPal is a heritage brand that keeps up with emerging market demand. We work with millennials, delivering online training, custom program services and eBooks. It's a market that uses too wide a variety of Fintech solutions. So, rather than using 20 different apps, our choosing PayPal Payments, now that they own Venmo, it was pretty easy to just offer Paypal for our online products. It's seamless for them, and for us.
  • Customer service: In the beginning it seemed there were too many steps to their onboarding process. We'd made a handful of outreaches to customer support on why approvals were taking so long and queries on what they said was required vs what we had submitted. CS was very helpful in answering our questions in a way that we both understood and appreciated. Afterall, it's money movement in the age of cyber everywhere. But after the onboarding of us, we've had no issues at all.
  • Mobile: It's still easier to use a PC or Mac
  • More retail store acceptance. They're working on it, but their retail store acceptance is still quite limited.
  • Pricing: It seems to be going up, and to unacceptable levels. It's at a point now where many of our AI Voice clients are covering the costs for their service providers which is not the way to go. A competitor FinTech app will take the market away from them with a very small discount.
[PayPal Payments is a] Seamless end-user experience where with one click you can both get paid or pay out, and both parties receive an immediate, accurate transaction record. We all work hard to create a seamless experience for the end customer, and this allows the same for us who are providing that too.
Read Jackie Bassett's full review
Tarun Mangukiya profile photo
July 06, 2018

Review: "PayPal Payments is best for your SaaS Startup"

PayPal is being used by us on daily basis for processing on our website and peer to peer transactions. Having our customers distributed around the world, it's very helpful & convenient for our users to transact on our site using PayPal.
  • International Payments
  • Supports majority of Credit & Debit Cards
  • Recurring Billing available worldwide
  • Less transaction fees
  • Easy to send payments to our sellers
  • Dashboard is a bit tough to navigate through
  • Reporting of different transactions can be improved
PayPal Payments is best suited for cases where your target audience is worldwide. They have fewer transaction charges comparative to many other Payment Providers. If your audience is based on some specific country, I would suggest you go with their local payment gateway.
Read Tarun Mangukiya's full review
Steven Senft profile photo
June 29, 2018

Review: "PayPal Payments as an entry way to payments"

PayPal Payments was the first way we collected payments and donations. It was the answer to community members who wanted to use a known processor to make donations. The entire organization was using the platform although it was only being managed by one person.
  • It is a very simple method of payment for donors
  • Simple on the backend to use
  • It allows multiple users and devices
  • It is somewhat too simple. Sometimes being simple is great, but to have more detail and being able to do more with a processor would've been great.
  • You cannot designate payments for a specific bank account. We currently have many ways donors can designate donations and the processor didn't let us do that.
  • Doesn't let you customize the payments to your priorities. As much as you can personalize, no designation or direction for payments.
As a small organization or company, PayPal Payments will give you the basic functionality to run payments automatically. Don't try to do anything complex since you won't be able to.

We are a small organization and when our donations were on the lower end (quantity and amount) we were able to use it. Now that we have grown, the system couldn't grow with us.
Read Steven Senft's full review
Amy Ahrens profile photo
June 29, 2018

PayPal Payments Review: "Skip PayPal and use Wave Accounting Instead and Save Yourself Time and Money!"

I am a full-time, freelance Content Marketing Consultant and Writer, with an average of 5-6 clients at any given time. Typically, I use another application for payment processing with client. However, a client requested to pay me via PayPal, so I agreed to use it with this client for about six months. I found the way the PayPal listed transactions to be confusing as compared to WaveApps, which is what I typically use for estimating, accounting and invoicing. Also, at the time I was using it (late 2016/early 2017), PayPal did not allow payments via ACH, which I prefer to provide as an option to my clients. WaveApps offers this and its a lower per transaction rate that processing by credit or debit card.
  • Easily processes debit and credit card transactions
  • It's widely used and known as a brand that others trust as a payment option
  • Syncs up with your bank account
  • They way transactions are listed is confusing
  • I need one solution that accepts payment, allows me to track my incoming/outgoing business expenses and send estimates and invoices
PayPal is well known by many as a brand so if a client prefers to use it, it is an option. However, I don't care to use it.
Read Amy Ahrens's full review
Michelle McGhee profile photo
June 29, 2018

PayPal Payments Review: "Get money fast!"

I use PayPal payments to easily take payments from customers on the go. It really addresses the issues with taking payments on the go. I can make invoices through PayPal and send it to the customer, who in turn just pays the invoice and they instantly have a receipt. It is easy to use and understand.
  • Creating invoices
  • Quickly process payments
  • Process payments anywhere
  • Honestly, I have no complaints or ideas for improvement. PayPal works great!
PayPal Payments has been a lifesaver for me and my company. I love that I can take payments no matter where I am, I also love that I can create and send invoices right from the PayPal app or the website. The invoicing feature is one of the best selling points of this app. The fees are minimal and it works great for everyone.
Read Michelle McGhee's full review
Mandy Shipler profile photo
July 06, 2018

PayPal Payments Review: "PayPal is easy to use and I would highly recommend it for any business"

I use it to accept payment from customers on my website www.mandysmoodfoods.com. It is simple and easy to use. I also like that I can pull all sorts of information from it. If my accountant needs anything I can pull it with zero hassle. It also helps to keep me organized which is very important to me. I am the only one using this for my company in one department.
  • Its easy to use
  • I feel safe and protected
  • Helps keep my information from my customers organized
  • Able to pull statements easily and transfer funs with no problems
  • N/A
I had to pull some information for my accountant for 2017 taxes and it was super simple and easy to do.
Read Mandy Shipler's full review
July 06, 2018

PayPal Payments Review: "PayPal Still the Leader"

It's not being used by the organization but rather by me for contract work I do outside of the organization. You could say the organization that uses it is me. It makes collecting payments on contract work I do very easy and efficient. It is also instant and since most people have some sort of PayPal account there is rarely ever a time when this method won't work. Lastly not having to cut checks is a something most people would rather not do.
  • Tracks transactions
  • Makes recording and making payments very easy
  • When making a payment the payer doesn't have to sit and wait for a check to clear to balance their books
  • Fee's other services are cheaper
  • I've found importing contacts doesn't always work. Maybe it's just me
  • Customer support isn't the greatest, actually pretty bad
It's an established brand and has a large user base so it's perfect to collect professional payments. I wouldn't recommend it for large sums of money because I hear of horror stories where accounts get locked and money is stuck in limbo. But if you are doing small jobs online that are sub $500 then I think this the way to go.
July 12, 2018

PayPal Payments Review: "I have used PayPal in a professional capacity for over 10years"

PayPal is used company-wide. We typically use PayPal to process payments for registrations, sponsor payments, client payments, etc. PayPal makes the transactions very straightforward and streamlined. We use our accounts to link to different systems so we have one fluid way of accounting. PayPal makes payment processing with multiple platforms easy and, also, we have multiple accounts with PayPal to help differentiate clients funds.
  • PayPal platform is easy to use.
  • PayPal methodology is streamlined.
  • PayPal search could use some work. Finding transactions quickly with minimal data can be challenging at times.
  • PayPal Resolution Center could be a little more clear. Even when you provide proof of service requested and rendered, it is hard to tell if you were on the upside of the case.
PayPal can be linked to many other platforms, which makes it easy to use. Refunds are sometimes a little costly, so that would be something to look out for.
July 06, 2018

PayPal Payments: "Small business review of PayPal for e-Commerce"

We are an e-commerce business that accepts PayPal as a form of payment on our cart, along with credit cards and Amazon Pay. Currently, about 7% of our customers choose to use PayPal.
  • Offers PayPal Credit interest-free on purchases above $99
  • Gives an added layer of payment comfort with the well known PayPal brand
  • Easily stores their payment info and allows them to select their payment info instead of having to re-enter it on our site
  • They don't work well with subscriptions. They have a requirement where if a customer is on subscription billing, they have to be billed on the same day each month. That just doesn't work for us since we offer a perishable product, customers are often changing, skipping, delaying a delivery. We don't bill them until 3 days before their package ships, so we cannot use them for our subscriptions.
  • Integration on websites seems like it could be better, along with where I work. Whether I am using Paypal as a customer or as a business owner, I don't feel like the use of PayPal to pay is very smooth. Could be improved for sure.
  • I don't feel like we get very good support or a rep.
  • Sometimes they assign someone, then you don't hear from them. Their back office isn't very easy to use, log into, or get help.
Paypal is great to offer another solution to pay. It gives brand recognition if you are a small business and people might not be as comfortable making payments on your site. I wouldn't add it however unless you have a strong dev team that can help you through implementation. I'd also avoid it if you are a subscription-only service.
Mandy Cramer profile photo
January 18, 2018

PayPal Payments Review: "PayPal is like your friend who keeps asking for money. You love 'em, but it might be time to cut 'em loose."

PayPal Payments is a great way to accept payments in a secure manner from anyone around the world for your services or products. Paypal is one of the most trusted ways that consumers pay for products and services as your information is never shared with the seller. I like this option because I get paid immediately which is always convenient for anyone who is traveling all the time. My work takes me all over the world so being able to accept payments on the go and transfer funds to my account is essential for me.

PayPal Payments does cost a bit much, of which I'm not a fan, but it's to be expected when you are dealing with anything to accept money.
  • Accept money via PayPal, debit, credit cards
  • Transfer funds easily to your bank account
  • Send invoices or reminders to clients who owe you money
  • A trusted way to pay for consumers
  • High monthly cost of $35/mo for use of services
  • Additional 0.30 cents per transaction as well as 2.9% of your takeaway which can be detrimental to a smaller business.
  • Definitely you should use the website on your computer or use the app. Without those the mobile website isn't quite adapted properly.
I travel often as a freelance designer which means I'm not always near my nearest bank or able to pick up my check from a client if it arrives at my house. This means I can't always deposit my money immediately. So being able to have an option to invoice my clients and have payment immediately is a fantastic feature.
Read Mandy Cramer's full review
Anne Theriault profile photo
December 19, 2017

Review: "PayPal Payments Are Effiecient & Quick ~ Highly Recommended!"

I currently use PayPal payments to accept payments for the services and products I provide to my customers. I use it across my entire organization. It's safe and efficient and I am able to accept payments quickly from customers across the globe. I am also able to issue a refund very efficiently is the need arises.
  • PayPal Payments has superior customer service.
  • PayPal Payments is very quick and convenient.
  • PayPal Payments has a very effective resolution center if a problem should be encountered.
  • I am extremely pleased with PayPal Payments and have no comment on how they could do things differently.
PayPal Payments is extremely well suited for anyone building an online business. It is easy to use and integrates well with any WordPress site.
Read Anne Theriault's full review
Tony Phan profile photo
June 29, 2017

PayPal Payments Review: "Quick and Convenient Way for Your Customer to Make Payment"

Paypal is used as one of the main payment gateways for our company. In addition, it is also used as a supporting payment channel for my fashion start-up business. Paypal makes it easier for our customers to have access to our services and products by allowing customers to make payments hassle free and securely.
  • Online Payment: when it comes to e-commerce, being able to make payments creates a huge difference in sales conversion. Paypal does this amazingly well due to its popularity with online consumers.
  • Secure (for both seller and buyer): with years of experience, Paypal is able to provide warnings about a potential risk when doing a transaction with a particular account. Therefore, both the seller/buyer knows who they are dealing with and will be able to make a decision to proceed with the transaction or not.
  • Convenient: while other online payment gateways (such as Xoom or Pesopay) make it difficult to integrate with your website. Paypal is extremely easy to integrate which makes it a popular payment gateway for a start-up business.
  • Collaboration: Paypal could create some collaborations with the local banks so the process of withdrawing from a Paypal fund [and transferring] to a bank account is faster and easier, especially for new users.
  • Adding more payment methods: Currently, people can only make a payment if they have a debit or credit card. If more local bank cards are allowed, this surely a big help for e-commerce business owners.
  • Location convenience: sometimes if you are logging in your account at different locations, it might create an issue. For example: if you are logging in a Paypal account in Vietnam while your account wass Currently Philippines, Paypal reserves the right to lock your account until you provide further clarification.
If you want to have a quick way for customers to make payments, this is your best choice on the market due to its popularity and easy-to-integrate features. However, the transaction fee is normally much higher than the local payment gateway so you will have to make this up with your sales volume. Also, if your target market is not an international market, you might want to consider a local payment gateway since Paypal only allows credit/debit card users to make payment.
Read Tony Phan's full review
November 02, 2017

PayPal Payments Review: "Easy to use!"

Paypal is used in our company whenever a user has paid using it as it the payment method. In our customer support department whenever we need. Not sure if it is used across all the organization. For sure, on our website, it is not available as a payment method for all the countries at the moment. In our case, it used by our customers to pay their subscriptions and renewals.
  • PayPal's strengths benefit all of a user-friendly interface. The simple layout and clean design make it a nice environment to work with.
  • Easy and fast refunds that are usually processed straight away or within a couple of hours.
  • PayPal gives an intuitive path to follow in order to refund any payments, look up for transactions and review payments.
  • We are unable to disable the auto-renewal for our customers. They have to do it by themselves.
  • For our purposes, it is pretty complete so I cannot find any feature missing.
Whenever it needed a fast and reliable payment method, PayPal Payments can be taken in high consideration. Plenty of customers prefer to pay by PayPal than by credit or debit card. It has seen as a form of payment verified and trustable and it seems more appealing for a good cluster of customers. Their interface is clear and simple to use and it gives you all the tools for payments, invoicing, refunds. All the details about transactions can be forward to your management platform too.
June 20, 2017

PayPal Payments Review: "Never Leaving PayPal"

We use PayPal Payments to process registrations for events and membership. We are able to integrate PayPal into our iMIS software for easy processing of credit/debit card payments. When we need to process refunds to card payments, we are able to do so through PayPal. We also use PayPal Payment to reconcile our finances.
  • Reporting: We are able to reconcile our payments processed through our platform using PayPal Payments. Pulling reports is easy.
  • Collecting and Refunding Payments: We can record and code payments directly into PayPal payments. If we need to refund a payment, it is easy to find the record and reverse the credit/debit transaction.
  • Integration: We are able to integrate PayPal into our system flawlessly. We don't have to worry about a payment not going through because they communicate flawlessly.
  • Refunds: I would like to be able to refund from other platforms and it go through PayPal, however, this may be an issue on our software end.
PayPal payments is helpful when selling items online or in person. After you sell something, your money usually hits your PayPal account within minutes. A user visits our website to register for an event or arrives onsite at the event to purchase a ticket and we immediately know if the payment is accepted. There is no guess work. It either goes directly through the site and into our PayPal account or it lets us know that the customer needs a new form of payment method. PayPal also automatically deposits the funds into our bank account.

PayPal Payments Scorecard Summary

About PayPal Payments

PayPal Payments is a payment gateway software solution offered by PayPal.