Overall Satisfaction with HCSS
10 +++ HCSS support is well above average and basically, they are the benchmark that we place all other software support against. We have no other software in our business that is even close to the level of support and attention that HCSS has to educate, train and create an environment where you can be successful with utilizing every bit of their software that you need. Most software purchased has more to it than most companies need. The difference with HCSS is they explain how to make all their features work and help you be successful with training and implementation. Once you are done with training and implementation they follow up and ask questions to make sure they are convinced you are fully trained to operate their software.
You will get tired of HCSS calling you back to make sure you are fully trained! I don't say that in a bad way only to help others understand their resolve in properly training you to operate their software. They are very proactive during training and implementation and follow up once you are operating.
HCSS is being used across most of our organization. It starts with estimating projects, continues thru project management. The software is extremely versatile and powerful and HCSS is always continuously strengthening their products. HCSS helps us to be extremely competitive in our field and allows us to keep track of our costs in the field as well as managing our resources that are needed throughout our project locations.
- #1 is support! HCSS is by far the best software support of any product we have ever used. Unlike most software companies HCSS utilizes their support calls to help upgrade their software. When you here them tell you that they will write down a particular issue you come across during a support call if they can't help you then and there they will research and get an answer to you extremely fast. If the software will not do it, you can bet there is a good chance it will be on the list of enhancements you will see come out in the near future.
- Estimating software is very extensive. Their software is capable of handling the smallest estimate all the way to the largest joint venture estimate. It has advanced features that make it extremely useful for analyzing job materials, subcontractors etc.
- HeavyJob is an extremely useful tool for the field to keep the office up to date with job costs. Everything is at the Foreman's fingertips on Tablets to allow the information from the field to get uploaded to HeavyJob manager which then can export to accounting. We are also able to give our Foreman the ability to deal with the Daily and weekly safety needs (Tailgate Meetings, incident Investigation, observations etc.) right on the Tablets thru HeavyJob.
- Dispatcher is not offered in a mobile version which we have asked for several times. I think they just don't have enough users to make it worthwhile.
- Heavybid needs to have the flexibility to add markup to add ons such as Bond and Small Tools etc.
- HCSS needs to have an onscreen takeoff to allow seamless integration of takeoff from the screen to Heavybid without having additional manual input.
HCSS is well suited for the Heavy General Engineering Contractor of any size. HeavyJob needs more flexibility for tracking T & M and Change Order work. HeavyJob needs to have the ability to import Plans and specifications to tablets and make onscreen notes on plans so Foreman can better track job changes on one device.