Overall Satisfaction with HCSS
I am always treated with the upmost respect from the personnel. Most time the person will be able to fix the issue I have, give me a work around or get back to me after they have consulted and figured out my issue. Sometimes I feel like the call tree does not direct you to the correct person to handle your issue.
My company is 1/5th of the WALBEC GROUP. Prior to my company getting and using Dispatcher it had previously been used in one of our other companies. With that being said a lot of the struggles that would have been felt during implementation had already been worked through 2 years earlier. I did however have to device some work a rounds for the speed at which things move and or change with our operation compared to how dispatcher is truly meant to be used.
HCSS products are being used at almost every level of our company. Project managers are using Heavy Bid. Foreman are using Heavy Job to report time and quantities. The Scheduling group is using Dispatcher to schedule and move equipment, Heavy Job to follow up on production and quantities on certain projects and GPS on all rolling stock. The repair shop is using Equipment 360. Dispatcher is a tool I would no longer want to be without. The advantages it gives me from an organizational stand point are tremendous. I can quickly see where are of my equipment is or has been, what resources I have available and where they are located.
- Dispatcher's history function is of great use. The ability to quickly know what job and what crew used a certain piece of equipment is very useful.
- Dispatcher's ability to transfer information from one user to the next to reports for end users saves a lot of time and confusion.
- The amount of time and money that is saved by our lowboy drivers is huge because of the ability to located the piece using the GPS units
- In Dispatcher you should be able to make adjustment (date, time, equipment, notes) to scheduled equipment after it has been assigned to driver in dispatch screen
- In Dispatcher you should be able to select multiple pieces of equipment to modify in dispatch window
- Dispatch screen in Dispatcher would be better if displayed horizontally instead of vertical
Our operation uses several pieces of what we call specialty equipment (not used every day on every job). The foreman when finished will give a location of where this equipment is left, this many times can be very vague and lead to a lowboy driver trying to block around to find the piece or driving down a street he cannot get turned around in. With the GPS devices, the driver can pinpoint exactly where the unit is and if he has room to turn around at that location.