High on Highspot
June 25, 2018
High on Highspot
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Highspot
We use it primarily in the sales and marketing department, but other departments can request access. We use highspot in 2 primary ways; as a repository for internal documents and as a way to manage our delivery of case studies, white papers and success stories to prospects. Internally, it is very easy to find all of the SOP's, reference documents and other relevant sales related information. Externally, it makes tracking responses very easy and we can see clearly what impact our sales strategy is having and what topics are getting the most traction.
- Outlook Plug-In is very easy to use and allows users to easily access Highspot content
- Highspot provides instant feedback when an email is opened and data about the length of time the reader spent in the document.
- Overall ease of use. Highspot is very easy to use and navigation is very intuitive.
- The mobile platform is not as user-friendly, missing some of the ease of use from a mobile device.
- The Help section is not as comprehensive or accurate. Often a search yields answers that are not relevant to the issue trying to be resolved.
- Content can only be sorted alphabetically or by date, it would be useful to be able to sort by author or department as well.
- We have seen a positive ROI with efficiency. Our reps know where to go look for internal documents, as well as case studies, white papers, brochures so they do not need to ask their manager or colleagues for help.
- The analytics have also provided a positive ROI because we can see which activities generate responses and can tailor our days to fit the most productive activities.
- We have also seen a positive ROI in engagement. Highspot makes it easy to share content with prospects and our reps have embraced that as a part of the prospecting process.
- One negative, and it is a consistent theme with a lot of sales teams, Highspot has made it almost too easy to share and some reps rely too heavily on those communications and are hesitant to pick up the phone. We (the sales leadership team) see Highspot as a piece of the puzzle, not the whole solution and do not want reps relying on Highspot as their only outreach.
I use it extensively in the onboarding process with new reps. It makes my job of onboarding much more efficient because I am able to give new hires the document title and let them look it up on their computer. This serves several purposes; reduction in paper costs for printing docs, reduction in time spent printing, and an immediate familiarization of the reps with how to use the tool. We also use it extensively in prospecting and track the effectiveness of varied approaches so we can refine what works and what does not.