DocSend gives you analytics and control on documents you send. See who opens your documents, who they forward them to, and how long they look at each page. You can turn off access, password protect, or set an expiration at any time. DocSend integrates with SalesForce as well as Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive.Great for document sending, terrible for audio conferencing.The sales team uses DocSend as a way to go through decks in a presentation, but also as a way to send info to prospects and track the open rates. It's a little silly though because DocSend does not have a conference line for prospects to call into. In order to provide this DocSend has partnered with join.me to offer the audio portion which is a bit problematic, but more on that later.,Really good at tracking whenever someone views your presentation, including where they are opening the presentation. They allow you to control whether a prospect is able to download the presentation or not. I like the ability to skip around in my deck without the viewer seeing that.,I would like the ability to turn off tracking when I share a deck with someone. For example, I shared my deck with an internal team member and I don't want to receive an email alert every time they open it. I would also like the flexibility to be able to clone presentations and add/remove slides in docsend instead of having to export the presentation, manipulate it in powerpoint, and then re-import it. I wish they had their own native conference line instead of relying on the join.me integration which does not work well. 1/3 of the time when I try and switch my screen to my desktop (utilizing join.me) my prospects aren't able to see my screen. I realize this is an issue with join.me, but if Docsend had their own native screenshare capabilities we wouldn't have to mess around with integrations with other systems that aren't reliable. Frequently people will click on the DocSend link thinking they can use the audio through their computer and it's very confusing for them. Wish they had their own conferencing information.,7,As a sales person I think having some way to share documents with prospects and track their viewing activity is critical. DocSend has met my needs in this regard. DocSend is not an all-in-one demo tool. They lack the audio conferencing and screen share capabilities so they must rely on their partner join.me to provide this. This integration does not work well and has caused a lot of pain on demo calls. For this reason we will be switching back to ClearSlide when our contract is up with DocSend because while it's more expensive than DocSend, it actually works as an all-in-one solution. DocSend has helped me identify when my deck is being passed around an organization and being opened up all over the world.,ClearSlide,Reports with DocSend are good- they will break down how much time is spent on each slide and on the presentation overall. I like that in the emails they send they give you a quick snapshot of how much time your prospect spent viewing your deck and what percentage of the deck they viewed. The reporting has met my needs.,Calendly, ClearSlide, SlackGreat Tool to Manage your Files and Store them SecurelyDocSend is a comprehensive toolbox for your documents/paperwork. You can share your files and it works pretty much like sharing a document on Dropbox. You select your file and create a link. You can create multiple links for a single file if you want to track different people or groups of people. Every time someone clicks on this link, it opens the document in DocSend’s HTML viewer in your browser — and of course, it also collects data. You know if the recipient went through all the slides or pages, and you even know how much time he or she spent on every slide. You also know if he or she forwarded the document to someone else as DocSend collects email addresses of people who opened the document.,Creates shortened link Stores documents safely Tracks people or groups of people who are accessing the shortened link Opens the document in DocSend’s HTML viewer in your browser,Website sometimes crashes and takes a while to respond, and then I have to go back to the first step. Improve user interface I hope there could be a PDF converter feature,9,Manage well your files securely It can be used by the entire team as one account can log in to multiple browsers Good quality and gets the work done easily and efficiently,Nitro Productivity Suite,We have been using Docsend mostly for client presentations. Documents being stored in the Docsend are as follows: PowerPoint Presentation slides, PDF documents such as client information or job description. Candidate's CV or resumes,Skype, LinkedIn Talent, Salesforce Analytics Cloud, Dropbox, OneDriveDocSend, easily track and follow who's interested in your documentsWe are using DocSend to deliver marketing materials to our prospects that we get through our Facebook lead generation campaign. DocSend helps me get to know who has already read our documents and how many times they have accessed them.,Lets you track who has access to a document how many times they have entered to read your document And how much time they spent in each of the pages of your document,Log in and registration for people consulting the document Reporting of statistics of use,10,I think Docsend has just given us positive impact to the sales and marketing department, as now we can deliver our documents in a great and orderly form,I only get the weekly report with the most active users via email. I think reports could be more robust,Trello, SugarCRM, Google Ad Manager, Google Drive, Adobe Photoshop, MailChimp, WordPress, Facebook for Business, Skype, CanvaGreat toolDocSend was a godsend among the entire marketing and sales departments and was heavily used by our entire organization. On the marketing side, we actually hosted almost all of our gated content on DocSend which gave us an amazing amount of analytics into things like which specific pages people were viewing. You can see this by going to Aspireiq.com/customers and clicking on one of the case studies. We also used it for things like our nurture sequences where all of the links in our automated emails drove to DocSend. DocSend has a mail-merge feature that allowed us to look at individual views for anyone in a nurture sequence. Our SDR team used it heavily to see whether the content they were sending people was being opened and read. Our sales team used it heavily to send all assets related to our deals. The DocSend "Rooms" feature (I think that's what it's called) allows you to combine all the relevant content in one easy to use place.,Ease of use Adoption Real time data around asset usage,More detailed dashboard to get high level insights,10,DocSend made it extremely easy for us to get actionable insights into how content was being used.,Showpad and Seismic,Content usage reportsDocSend is da bomb for sharing slide decks!We use DocSend for sharing investor pitch decks, executive summaries, and other startup collateral. I love that you can see the page by page metrics on viewing sessions and see drop off points, interesting or confusing slides, etc. The fact that you can do it in real-time is just gravy. Other features that are important are having multiple tracking links per document (e.g. one per account, or in our case, VC), being able to update the backing files for documents since they change over time, and having stats indexed on the document version.,Real-time viewing statistics, indexed by document version Per-account/recipient sharing links Updatable backing files as documents change,DocSend has a newer feature called Spaces, it lets you place multiple files into a single "deal room". Unfortunately for us, we need it to support nested file structures for larger content sets. Their support team says this is on the way. I'd like to be able to change the icons for links add to Space, currently, they're a default icon. Navigating the UI is just a bit laborious, it feels like it should be easier to get to link creation since that is what you're doing 90% of the time you go to the site.,10,We've converted document recipients to investors It allows you to know what to focus on in follow up calls based on viewing stats Sometimes people prefer to just get an attachment instead of a link,Dropbox Business and iDeals Virtual Data Rooms,We generate weekly reports that get emailed to key team members. They show overall activity and the accounts/VCs that the activity came from. These are generated automatically, so on weeks when we have little or no activity the seem extraneous, but overall they are useful and pretty much the exact right amount of info.,Fusion 360, DocuSign, Dropbox, Slack
DocSend

DocSend Reviews

DocSend
Filter 20 vetted DocSend reviews and ratings

Lindsey Stevens profile photo
November 09, 2018

DocSend Review: "Great for document sending, terrible for audio conferencing."

• Really good at tracking whenever someone views your presentation, including where they are opening the presentation.
  • They allow you to control whether a prospect is able to download the presentation or not.
  • I like the ability to skip around in my deck without the viewer seeing that.
  • I would like the ability to turn off tracking when I share a deck with someone. For example, I shared my deck with an internal team member and I don't want to receive an email alert every time they open it.
  • I would also like the flexibility to be able to clone presentations and add/remove slides in docsend instead of having to export the presentation, manipulate it in powerpoint, and then re-import it.
  • I wish they had their own native conference line instead of relying on the join.me integration which does not work well. 1/3 of the time when I try and switch my screen to my desktop (utilizing join.me) my prospects aren't able to see my screen. I realize this is an issue with join.me, but if Docsend had their own native screenshare capabilities we wouldn't have to mess around with integrations with other systems that aren't reliable.
  • Frequently people will click on the DocSend link thinking they can use the audio through their computer and it's very confusing for them. Wish they had their own conferencing information.
DocSend works really great if you want to send out a doc to a prospect and want to track when they open it and what content they view. The reporting on this works really well and I've been happy with this functionality.

Where it falls short is when you're trying to use it for a live demo utilizing the join.me integration. There are a lot of issues when you try to switch your screen and it only works 2/3s the time. I'd prefer an all-in-one solution instead of this Frankenstein model.
Read Lindsey Stevens's full review
Jay-ar Angkad profile photo
December 14, 2018

DocSend Review: "Great Tool to Manage your Files and Store them Securely"

• Creates shortened link
  • Stores documents safely
  • Tracks people or groups of people who are accessing the shortened link
  • Opens the document in DocSend’s HTML viewer in your browser
  • Website sometimes crashes and takes a while to respond, and then I have to go back to the first step.
  • Improve user interface
  • I hope there could be a PDF converter feature
DocSend is best to use when you would like to store important documents. It gives you a shortened link wherein you can track the activities easily. One good part of using this is good quality when it comes to work output resolution. It's not really appropriate if you are just editing files or converting to a different file format.
Read Jay-ar Angkad's full review
Edgar Romero Maciel profile photo
December 14, 2018

Review: "DocSend, easily track and follow who's interested in your documents"

• Lets you track who has access to a document
  • how many times they have entered to read your document
  • And how much time they spent in each of the pages of your document
  • Log in and registration for people consulting the document
  • Reporting of statistics of use
DocSend is very useful in my opinion for marketing and sales purposes, since you can update documents and all your contacts will see the most updated version of the document the next time they consult it.
Read Edgar Romero Maciel's full review
James Winter profile photo
December 10, 2018

DocSend Review: "Great tool"

• Ease of use
  • Adoption
  • Real time data around asset usage
  • More detailed dashboard to get high level insights
Rolling out a new tool to a sales team is always a bit of a nightmare but DocSend makes that adoption super easy. With things like Outreach, Salesforce, and Gmail integrations, there's tons of ways to use it and nobody ever complained. As a marketer, it made it super easy for me to deploy.
Read James Winter's full review
Ben Lachman profile photo
July 24, 2018

Review: "DocSend is da bomb for sharing slide decks!"

• Real-time viewing statistics, indexed by document version
  • Per-account/recipient sharing links
  • Updatable backing files as documents change
  • DocSend has a newer feature called Spaces, it lets you place multiple files into a single "deal room". Unfortunately for us, we need it to support nested file structures for larger content sets. Their support team says this is on the way.
  • I'd like to be able to change the icons for links add to Space, currently, they're a default icon.
  • Navigating the UI is just a bit laborious, it feels like it should be easier to get to link creation since that is what you're doing 90% of the time you go to the site.
It's super great for sharing sales collateral, investor pitch slide decks, and other one-time viewing content. It's mainly built for sales but has been a huge benefit as a small startup. It best for PDF content that is okay to be horizontally oriented and scrolled (e.g. the forward and back buttons are on the side of the viewing interface).
Read Ben Lachman's full review
December 10, 2018

Review: "DocSend is a great tool - would recommend!"

DocSend is used by my co-founder and I to share sensitive documents and also to tailor our pitches to what we know our clients are interested in by seeing where they spend their time on the documents we share.
  • It has an amazing statistics dashboard - making it easy to analyze your documents and come up with game plans tailored to each client/project
  • You can turn off deprecated links ensuring clients only have access to up to date information
  • If an employee leaves your company or you can easily manage account access from one central place
  • I think stopping screenshots or notifying the sender if their was a screenshot would be cool albeit not totally ecessary for the majority of businesses but it’s a nice to have!
Sharing your pitch deck, a sales deck, or any type of material where you want to know where people lose attention and where they’re enthralled.
Joseph Krammer profile photo
June 28, 2018

Review: "DocSend helped us get better about what content we share"

DocSend is used primarily by the sales and business development team to track content and engagement with our sales leads. Other orgs like customer success also use it to understand what content resonates with our customer base. Marketing uses DocSend to understand which pieces of content have market traction.

Overall the business problem it solves is knowing which content resonates, what part of the content is consumed most, and how long people spend reading or viewing our content. Prior to DocSend we had no real way of knowing which content was most impactful and now we do.
  • Tracks content engagement via email
  • Tracks how long people engage with content
  • Tracks which parts of the content are most likely to resonate with a particular person or lead
  • Allows you to create personalized landing pages for specific accounts
  • Needs better content presentation
  • Don't like that it includes a link to docsend.com in metadata
  • They recently may have changed this but we didn't like that Thumbnails of content in email displayed DocSend logo rather than content thumbnail
Well suited for sales and business development teams tracking engagement of content.
Read Joseph Krammer's full review
July 13, 2018

DocSend Review: "Real-time client interest for Account Managers"

It is currently being used in client facing roles such as account management, marketing, and sales. The business problem we are addressing is around sharing large files. Additionally, it's great for conference calls where there is a presentation mode for users to follow. One of the best features is the analytics. The sender is able to track document open rate, how far they've completed a document and if there are any areas where a user spends more time reviewing.
  • The user metrics are incredible. I'm able to see if a recipient has opened my deck and then monitor which slides they spend the most time on. This sets up for a more productive and delivered pitch.
  • The shared drive is also nice as you can create personal folders that are either public or private. The search/keyword functionality also works really well.
  • One of my favorite features is that you can upload new content with the same link so if you've misspelled a word, for example, you can re-upload without having to send a new email or letting anyone know.
  • Currently the platform does not support video.
  • They have started to create "smart folders" where you can add multiple pieces of content in one area but its not super intuitive at the moment.
It is great for someone in sales as they have full transparency into how their documents are being received. This is not a great tool for someone in design that has multiple files for uploading as you need to drag and drop one item at a time.
February 11, 2016

Review: "Docsend good analytics tool for your presentation documents"

We had been using DocSend to send marketing and pitch presentations to our clients. We found it was very helpful to access the information of how the viewer is exactly interacting with our presentation documents. Moreover, the team creating feature was very helpful to use in our organization. We had been using both DocSend and PITCHXO for our marketing and pitch presentations.
  • Creating teams
  • Analytics for our pitch presentations
  • Easy to understand analytics for our documents
  • Support for many document types
  • Support for pitch videos
  • More information about investors to the startup companies through their LinkedIn or Facebook login feature
DocSend is well suited for document type presentations.

DocSend Scorecard Summary

About DocSend

DocSend Features

Has featureTime spent on each page
Has featureLead collection