DocSend gives you analytics and control on documents you send. See who opens your documents, who they forward them to, and how long they look at each page. You can turn off access, password protect, or set an expiration at any time. DocSend integrates with SalesForce as well as Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/FH/AG/K3MTZ6E44CZX.pngGreat for document sending, terrible for audio conferencing.The sales team uses DocSend as a way to go through decks in a presentation, but also as a way to send info to prospects and track the open rates. It's a little silly though because DocSend does not have a conference line for prospects to call into. In order to provide this DocSend has partnered with join.me to offer the audio portion which is a bit problematic, but more on that later.,Really good at tracking whenever someone views your presentation, including where they are opening the presentation. They allow you to control whether a prospect is able to download the presentation or not. I like the ability to skip around in my deck without the viewer seeing that.,I would like the ability to turn off tracking when I share a deck with someone. For example, I shared my deck with an internal team member and I don't want to receive an email alert every time they open it. I would also like the flexibility to be able to clone presentations and add/remove slides in docsend instead of having to export the presentation, manipulate it in powerpoint, and then re-import it. I wish they had their own native conference line instead of relying on the join.me integration which does not work well. 1/3 of the time when I try and switch my screen to my desktop (utilizing join.me) my prospects aren't able to see my screen. I realize this is an issue with join.me, but if Docsend had their own native screenshare capabilities we wouldn't have to mess around with integrations with other systems that aren't reliable. Frequently people will click on the DocSend link thinking they can use the audio through their computer and it's very confusing for them. Wish they had their own conferencing information.,7,As a sales person I think having some way to share documents with prospects and track their viewing activity is critical. DocSend has met my needs in this regard. DocSend is not an all-in-one demo tool. They lack the audio conferencing and screen share capabilities so they must rely on their partner join.me to provide this. This integration does not work well and has caused a lot of pain on demo calls. For this reason we will be switching back to ClearSlide when our contract is up with DocSend because while it's more expensive than DocSend, it actually works as an all-in-one solution. DocSend has helped me identify when my deck is being passed around an organization and being opened up all over the world.,ClearSlide,Reports with DocSend are good- they will break down how much time is spent on each slide and on the presentation overall. I like that in the emails they send they give you a quick snapshot of how much time your prospect spent viewing your deck and what percentage of the deck they viewed. The reporting has met my needs.,Calendly, ClearSlide, SlackDocSend is da bomb for sharing slide decks!We use DocSend for sharing investor pitch decks, executive summaries, and other startup collateral. I love that you can see the page by page metrics on viewing sessions and see drop off points, interesting or confusing slides, etc. The fact that you can do it in real-time is just gravy. Other features that are important are having multiple tracking links per document (e.g. one per account, or in our case, VC), being able to update the backing files for documents since they change over time, and having stats indexed on the document version.,Real-time viewing statistics, indexed by document version Per-account/recipient sharing links Updatable backing files as documents change,DocSend has a newer feature called Spaces, it lets you place multiple files into a single "deal room". Unfortunately for us, we need it to support nested file structures for larger content sets. Their support team says this is on the way. I'd like to be able to change the icons for links add to Space, currently, they're a default icon. Navigating the UI is just a bit laborious, it feels like it should be easier to get to link creation since that is what you're doing 90% of the time you go to the site.,10,We've converted document recipients to investors It allows you to know what to focus on in follow up calls based on viewing stats Sometimes people prefer to just get an attachment instead of a link,Dropbox Business and iDeals Virtual Data Rooms,We generate weekly reports that get emailed to key team members. They show overall activity and the accounts/VCs that the activity came from. These are generated automatically, so on weeks when we have little or no activity the seem extraneous, but overall they are useful and pretty much the exact right amount of info.,Fusion 360, DocuSign, Dropbox, SlackDocSend helped us get better about what content we shareDocSend is used primarily by the sales and business development team to track content and engagement with our sales leads. Other orgs like customer success also use it to understand what content resonates with our customer base. Marketing uses DocSend to understand which pieces of content have market traction. Overall the business problem it solves is knowing which content resonates, what part of the content is consumed most, and how long people spend reading or viewing our content. Prior to DocSend we had no real way of knowing which content was most impactful and now we do.,Tracks content engagement via email Tracks how long people engage with content Tracks which parts of the content are most likely to resonate with a particular person or lead Allows you to create personalized landing pages for specific accounts,Needs better content presentation Don't like that it includes a link to docsend.com in metadata They recently may have changed this but we didn't like that Thumbnails of content in email displayed DocSend logo rather than content thumbnail,9,Unsure of ROI,We don't use reports in DocSend.,Marketo, ValootoReal-time client interest for Account ManagersIt is currently being used in client facing roles such as account management, marketing, and sales. The business problem we are addressing is around sharing large files. Additionally, it's great for conference calls where there is a presentation mode for users to follow. One of the best features is the analytics. The sender is able to track document open rate, how far they've completed a document and if there are any areas where a user spends more time reviewing.,The user metrics are incredible. I'm able to see if a recipient has opened my deck and then monitor which slides they spend the most time on. This sets up for a more productive and delivered pitch. The shared drive is also nice as you can create personal folders that are either public or private. The search/keyword functionality also works really well. One of my favorite features is that you can upload new content with the same link so if you've misspelled a word, for example, you can re-upload without having to send a new email or letting anyone know.,Currently the platform does not support video. They have started to create "smart folders" where you can add multiple pieces of content in one area but its not super intuitive at the moment.,9,We're able to have more direct high-level conversations based on the user data we are seeing of users spending time on elements of a deck.,ClearSlide,The reports are extremely clean and intuitive. I work in marketing so upload a lot of PPTs. There is a bar graph where each bar represents a slide and the higher the slide the more time a user has spent on that slide. Its based on a hover which is great. You can also monitor group feedback or just per person. This way if there is a senior executive who you are really interested in seeing their opinion you can hone in.,Google Drive, Smartsheet, BasecampDocsend good analytics tool for your presentation documentsWe had been using DocSend to send marketing and pitch presentations to our clients. We found it was very helpful to access the information of how the viewer is exactly interacting with our presentation documents. Moreover, the team creating feature was very helpful to use in our organization. We had been using both DocSend and PITCHXO for our marketing and pitch presentations.,Creating teams Analytics for our pitch presentations Easy to understand analytics for our documents Support for many document types,Support for pitch videos More information about investors to the startup companies through their LinkedIn or Facebook login feature,9,Presentation feature is extremely helpful to explain the document for remote clients,ClearSlide, videoinsight.io and PITCHXO,We generated reports to know on which part of the document the client is interested in.
DocSend

DocSend Reviews

DocSend
Filter 12 vetted DocSend reviews and ratings
Lindsey Stevens profile photo
November 09, 2018

DocSend Review: "Great for document sending, terrible for audio conferencing."

• Really good at tracking whenever someone views your presentation, including where they are opening the presentation.
  • They allow you to control whether a prospect is able to download the presentation or not.
  • I like the ability to skip around in my deck without the viewer seeing that.
  • I would like the ability to turn off tracking when I share a deck with someone. For example, I shared my deck with an internal team member and I don't want to receive an email alert every time they open it.
  • I would also like the flexibility to be able to clone presentations and add/remove slides in docsend instead of having to export the presentation, manipulate it in powerpoint, and then re-import it.
  • I wish they had their own native conference line instead of relying on the join.me integration which does not work well. 1/3 of the time when I try and switch my screen to my desktop (utilizing join.me) my prospects aren't able to see my screen. I realize this is an issue with join.me, but if Docsend had their own native screenshare capabilities we wouldn't have to mess around with integrations with other systems that aren't reliable.
  • Frequently people will click on the DocSend link thinking they can use the audio through their computer and it's very confusing for them. Wish they had their own conferencing information.
DocSend works really great if you want to send out a doc to a prospect and want to track when they open it and what content they view. The reporting on this works really well and I've been happy with this functionality.

Where it falls short is when you're trying to use it for a live demo utilizing the join.me integration. There are a lot of issues when you try to switch your screen and it only works 2/3s the time. I'd prefer an all-in-one solution instead of this Frankenstein model.
Read Lindsey Stevens's full review
Ben Lachman profile photo
July 24, 2018

Review: "DocSend is da bomb for sharing slide decks!"

• Real-time viewing statistics, indexed by document version
  • Per-account/recipient sharing links
  • Updatable backing files as documents change
  • DocSend has a newer feature called Spaces, it lets you place multiple files into a single "deal room". Unfortunately for us, we need it to support nested file structures for larger content sets. Their support team says this is on the way.
  • I'd like to be able to change the icons for links add to Space, currently, they're a default icon.
  • Navigating the UI is just a bit laborious, it feels like it should be easier to get to link creation since that is what you're doing 90% of the time you go to the site.
It's super great for sharing sales collateral, investor pitch slide decks, and other one-time viewing content. It's mainly built for sales but has been a huge benefit as a small startup. It best for PDF content that is okay to be horizontally oriented and scrolled (e.g. the forward and back buttons are on the side of the viewing interface).
Read Ben Lachman's full review
Joseph Krammer profile photo
June 28, 2018

Review: "DocSend helped us get better about what content we share"

• Tracks content engagement via email
  • Tracks how long people engage with content
  • Tracks which parts of the content are most likely to resonate with a particular person or lead
  • Allows you to create personalized landing pages for specific accounts
  • Needs better content presentation
  • Don't like that it includes a link to docsend.com in metadata
  • They recently may have changed this but we didn't like that Thumbnails of content in email displayed DocSend logo rather than content thumbnail
Well suited for sales and business development teams tracking engagement of content.
Read Joseph Krammer's full review
July 13, 2018

DocSend Review: "Real-time client interest for Account Managers"

• The user metrics are incredible. I'm able to see if a recipient has opened my deck and then monitor which slides they spend the most time on. This sets up for a more productive and delivered pitch.
  • The shared drive is also nice as you can create personal folders that are either public or private. The search/keyword functionality also works really well.
  • One of my favorite features is that you can upload new content with the same link so if you've misspelled a word, for example, you can re-upload without having to send a new email or letting anyone know.
  • Currently the platform does not support video.
  • They have started to create "smart folders" where you can add multiple pieces of content in one area but its not super intuitive at the moment.
It is great for someone in sales as they have full transparency into how their documents are being received. This is not a great tool for someone in design that has multiple files for uploading as you need to drag and drop one item at a time.
February 11, 2016

Review: "Docsend good analytics tool for your presentation documents"

• Creating teams
  • Analytics for our pitch presentations
  • Easy to understand analytics for our documents
  • Support for many document types
  • Support for pitch videos
  • More information about investors to the startup companies through their LinkedIn or Facebook login feature
DocSend is well suited for document type presentations.

DocSend Scorecard Summary

Advanced search (2)
Identification of new leads (3)
List quality (2)
5.5
List upload/download (2)
Ideal customer targeting (3)
Load time/data access (5)
Contact information (2)
4.6
Company information (3)
Industry information (3)
6.5
Lead qualification process (3)
Smart lists and recommendations (3)
Salesforce integration (2)
10.0
Company/business profiles (3)
Alerts and reminders (3)
Data hygiene (2)
4.6
Automatic data refresh (3)
Tags (4)
Filters and segmentation (3)
4.2
Sales email templates (2)
Append emails to records (2)
6.4

About DocSend

DocSend Features

Has featureTime spent on each page
Has featureLead collection