Highspot Reviews

April 14, 2021
AJ DeMarco | TrustRadius Reviewer
Everybody within our Sales Org has a Highspot account (Sales, Marketing, CX, Legal). We utilize the platform in a variety of ways. The most common use is to house our Marketing documents, PowerPoint decks, key content for our sellers to utilize in their prospecting and presentations. We also utilize the platform to run our onboarding/training programs and our sales plays for our sellers. On Highspot, we also have our clients in an 'accounts' section that they can store important documents like presentations, proposals and contracts. Lastly, we recently upgraded and purchased the Highspot LMS that allows us to run new trainings and courses with our reps.
  • From an admin perspective, the platform is very easy to navigate, build and launch new content and informational pages for our team.
  • The search feature within the platform is very accurate and does a great job of curating the top content based off of what our reps are looking for.
  • The ability for our reps to hit 'edit in word online' or 'edit in Excel online' is great because our reps don't have to download a doc, edit it and then re-upload into the system. Any changes they make are auto-saved and stored right in Highspot. They can then present straight from the platform.
  • Depending on the number of 'spots' that each person has access to, it can slow down the platform. We found that issue last year and made changes/edits with the help of the Highspot support team and it's working very quickly again.
  • The presentation out of Highspot could use a few upgrades to allow our reps to have notes like what PowerPoint offers.
If you're looking for a platform to house and manage content for your sellers to leverage in presentations as well as in emails, Highspot is a great asset. It's a very intuitive platform that doesn't have a bunch of fluff to sort through to get to what you are looking for. The ability to create different homepages depending on which department a user is a part of is also a great feature. Our Sales team will log on and see the most important documents for them, and then our Marketing team can log in and see something completely different.
Read AJ DeMarco's full review
May 14, 2021
Highspot is used by the sales and marketing teams and is primarily used as a sales toolkit. We store and maintain marketing materials, competitive intelligence, and sales plays. Sales plays are a good way to keep the sales team and SRDs up to date on the campaigns we are running, including the campaign details, 'what to say,' and 'what to show.'
  • Easy to maintain and update marketing materials
  • Sales plays allow us to keep sales up to speed on campaigns
  • Create pitches
  • Administration is not as intuitive as I would like
Highspot is great as a sales toolkit. Sending a sales pitch is easy and because it integrated with Gmail and Salesloft, the sales team and the SDRs can quickly and easily include the appropriate content in an email. If sent from Highspot, you can see details about who opened the pitch and how long they accessed the content. If sending from Gmail or Salesloft, you cannot see those details.
April 29, 2021
We use Highspot across the entire organization. The Customer Success department leverages HighSpot to learn about new products and solutions. Within Highspot everything is organized based on departments and types of content. The search function is really helpful as I can quickly find materials for reference. Highspot is also a good source of presentation materials where we keep our default slides and designs to be used with customers.
  • Keep materials organized.
  • Easily share things across the organization.
  • Able to access meetings that already happened.
  • Search function is really helpful.
  • Sometimes there are duplicates.
  • Not easy to know which material is the most recent version.
  • Sometimes if you don't use the exact search keyword, you get a different result.
When I need to build presentations to our customers, Highspot is always the place to go. In Highspot, I can find useful materials, business use cases, and other references that help me build presentations quickly. The platform offers our company a good way to organize our content and quickly share it across different departments.
February 15, 2020
Our sales org uses Highspot as a one-stop-shop of all of our' internal and external documents. It is especially helpful when I need to get an info sheet or some case study over to a customer. You can tag that document to an opportunity and track how often it is opened/read/shared. It's nice to bundle information, send it over, and then have the ability to track what is being done, if anything, with that information.
  • Tracks resources that you send to a prospect.
  • Easy place to upload and consume internal training's.
  • Sometimes it is hard to tell whether a document is supposed to be internal or external facing.
  • It would be nice to add a recently used doc link straight from your email, rather than having to go into Highspot.
Sales organizations that require a lot of follow up information in regards to pdfs, info sheets, etc
I have only reached out to their support team once, but I received helped very quickly.
December 20, 2019
Katie Carlson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Highspot is used by departments within MultiView to present sales collateral during sales presentations.
  • Easy to upload and access content.
  • I love that you can see when people are paying attention and when they access the presentation after the initial pitch.
  • Sometimes I cannot see what slides are in my deck during a live pitch, so I'm flying blind as I'm presenting. I know my content well so I can manage it, but it makes it hard when you have to jump from slide to slide instead of just straight through the presentation.
Highspot is great for simple presentation/screen-share needs. I love how easy it is to upload and sort content. It's also great for sharing presentations/collateral company-wide. If you need a comprehensive solution with more advanced screen share capabilities, you may want to look elsewhere.
We've always had issues resolved in a timely manner. They are consistently making sure there are improvements to their platform.
Read Katie Carlson's full review
Tanner Shaffer | TrustRadius Reviewer
Highspot is currently being used by our entire organization for training, workflow processes, and materials that are internal/external. It is vital to our team when sharing externally as it can provide visibility into the specific material that may be shared and/or viewed.
  • Searchable documents/materials by keyword and/or type as Google Drive is very disorganized
  • Trend and track resources externally for sales enablement teams to see which materials are getting the most views or popularity
  • Customizing customer/prospect portals via templates
  • Adding video thumbnails within an email paragraph
Any BDR, Sales and/or Customer Success team should be using Highspot to track how their own team is utilizing marketing resources. Externally, Highspot offers high visibility into opens, level of engagement and overall views.
Any time our team has a question, the Highspot team is super responsive and able to help us resolve a question. A++
Read Tanner Shaffer's full review
October 30, 2019
Mauricio Belmonte Mireles | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Highspot all over the company to have a place where we can find documents about our products, use cases, sales guides, client-facing documents. It gives the associated metrics like the number of times a document is used or shared. You can also see if a document has been read by a prospect.
  • It is very good for sharing information with customers and track if the client has already seen it.
  • It works really great for being updated with the company information and always have the latest version of any document.
  • Gives insightful metrics of both your client/prospect and your team.
  • When you share the same link to many persons, you can not know who opened the document.
  • They could give information about our other colleagues so we have a view of how others are using the best tools.
  • With the same shareable link, you can be able to track the usage of many prospects/clients.
The best scenario is sharing documents/information with customers and prospects and having the possibility of tracking the interactions. Highspot is very useful to have official information and documents, it is great that you can select if a document is shearable outside the company or if it is only for internal use.
I have not needed any customer support until now, I guess this is because they work on a proactive maintenance of the platform. We have an internal team working with Highspot so if I need help I go to my internal team not directly to Highspot. I have never heard any complaints.
Read Mauricio Belmonte Mireles's full review
December 20, 2019
Tyler Lyerly | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's being used by the entire organization to view company information. It is used to access files and presentations, and to share info with fellow employees and customers.
  • Organization of files.
  • File sharing.
  • Relevance of file searching.
  • Easier to find things.
It's great for storing presentations and product information. It's good for sharing info within the company.
Good support so far.
Read Tyler Lyerly's full review
August 23, 2019
Karam Virk | TrustRadius Reviewer
Being used across the whole organization as a central hub for all content and resources. Sales, Customer Success, Enablement, Pro Serve, Marketing and Product.

Highspot houses all internal and external content that is for internal knowledge and that can be shared to clients. It's also used for all new hires to access any archived and recent collateral that may be relevant across the different business functions.

Highspot is also used as the personal drive for all employees to save their decks or infosheets. Easy to access or share out to clients from within Highspot
  • Searchable Content + Collateral
  • Organized info by department and provide transparency
  • Allows you to share content externally and track views
  • Solid reporting on which content is performing well
  • More filters on searches
  • More simplified view
Medium to large organizations that have a large amount of content and resources. It is a great tool to organize content by department, industry/vertical, type of content (PDF, Resources, One Pagers, etc.), and internal/external content.

Additionally, it allows users to get what they need very quickly. By a quick search in the search bar you can find the most relevant content that may be buried at the bottom of a more traditional pile.

Highspot is great for sales-focused companies. Allows your Sales Reps to work efficiently and quickly. Lots of features like the "Pitch" feature that allows reps to send out content to a prospect and be able to customize the setting and track the views of that content. Internally admins can then get analytics on what content works and what doesn't.
I have not had to use support for Highspot
Read Karam Virk's full review
October 03, 2019
ABRAHAM PABLO | TrustRadius Reviewer
Highspot is used as the place where we have access to all product information, we use cases and educational content. The most common uses are by vendors to find the content to send or content to educate us.
  • Content Place
  • create content links
  • Analitycs
  • Directory may be better
  • A more easy interface
  • recommended content may be important
We use the pitch part to share content with customers is a very functional tool. It lets you know when a customer sees your email.
I haven't used a support, it never has failed.
Read ABRAHAM PABLO's full review
December 17, 2019
Highspot is being used by our Sales and Marketing departments. We use this tool to share assets with the aforementioned teams, and to allow them to share them back with their partners or customers.
  • Highspot makes it easy to share content both internally and externally.
  • Highspot allows the tracking of your asset after it has been sent to your customer (pitching functionality).
  • The tool is not designed for localized assets. Although we are able to host localized assets on the platform, there should be an option to switch from an English version to a localized version (e.g. French) more easily, for example with a drop-down menu.
Highspot is well-suited for Sales professionals who want to engage their prospects/customers through content, as it allows them to share and track their engagement. It is also suited for content sharing among teams, and has easy-to-use remixing functionalities. However, the tool is not well-suited for regional teams who use localized assets, since there is no option to switch from an English version to a localized version (e.g. French), making it difficult/more time-consuming for non-English sales reps to locate an asset in their preferred language, after they have found it in English.
I only gave an 8 because I requested multiple times, over the last 2-3 years, to create a better user-experience for regional teams using localized assets, but these issues still haven't been addressed.
December 17, 2019
We use Highspot internally to share and delegate internal/customer-facing content. Having come from Google Drive, Highspot has changed the way we store and send out content. It's much more organized and efficient. The reporting/statistics that come with shared content, is also a plus. Especially when in sales as we are always looking to find content that warrants the most responses.
  • Statistics on share/customer-facing content
  • Simplistic UI
  • The UI is simple/easy to navigate, but it could use facelift.
  • Functionality points -- no improvement needed
Any organization. Highspot is a platform that I've found myself needing at every startup I've ever worked at. It's also a tool that I've heard various marketing personnel wish for. Their recent round of funding is a perfect example of how badly a tool such as Highspot, has been needed for quite some time.
Personally I've not had the chance to speak with Highspot's CS team. However, I have heard from our Sales Operations team that Highspot tends to be more responsive/engaged than most other support teams.
October 02, 2019
HighSpot is how we surface our internal and external documentation relating to our product. We've built sections for each department to house the information they need.
  • Great visualization for your documents.
  • Great customization to create spaces for your employees to find the content they need.
  • Great keyword searching.
  • Uploading and tagging documents are sometimes cumbersome.
  • Side menus don't always show the things I want to see and don't allow for much customization.
HighSpot is a great place to surface documents that you already have in-house. HighSpot is not a great place to create new documents for sharing.
I've never had to work with HighSpot support.
August 30, 2019
Highspot is used internally to house our content marketing material, case studies, and internal documents that we use for reference. It is well organized so that different teams have their own material to look at, easily search for any documents in relation to what I need answers on, and to link and track documents that I send out internally to understand what my prospects are looking at the most.
  • Highspot organizes internal content extremely well, making any company resources easy to find.
  • Highspot has great analytics and insights on link tracking for the content you send out externally.
  • Highspot is great for the integrations it has with SSO and gmail.
  • Highspot can be a bit difficult to navigate at times due to how much material can be stored. At times it's just a bit overwhelming
  • I find it a bit cumbersome to add additional content into Highspot.
  • Pitching content is not as simple as it could be. Being able to add templated snippets would be useful.
Highspot is well suited for organizations who have lots of internal documents that people constantly need to be referencing. It's especially good for companies with 200+ employees so that people don't have to constantly ask, "where do I find this content?"
Highspot is not as well suited for small organizations that have fewer internal documents and employees.
We have internal people who manage Highspot that are so well trained on the product that it must come from the customer success manager from Highspot. The platform is basic and pretty straightforward to use, meaning that there is not that much help or assistance needed on an ongoing basis.
December 18, 2019
I used Highspot constantly to send high-quality collateral to prospects. It gave great feedback and analytics on how prospects were interacting with the collateral to give me an idea of which pieces were the most effective. It was also incredibly simple to use and the search feature was some of the most robust I've seen in a content tool. I wish we were still using the tool today.
  • Searching.
  • Content management.
  • More analytics on the content that works.
  • Tracking who had received what pieces of collateral.
Highspot is incredible if you do any sort of outreach with collateral or content. Knowing when someone looked at a piece of collateral is incredibly important to knowing when to reach out to a prospect.
Highspot is a fantastic tool and deserves high marks for what it does.
June 25, 2018
Martyn Baker | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it primarily in the sales and marketing department, but other departments can request access. We use highspot in 2 primary ways; as a repository for internal documents and as a way to manage our delivery of case studies, white papers and success stories to prospects. Internally, it is very easy to find all of the SOP's, reference documents and other relevant sales related information. Externally, it makes tracking responses very easy and we can see clearly what impact our sales strategy is having and what topics are getting the most traction.
  • Outlook Plug-In is very easy to use and allows users to easily access Highspot content
  • Highspot provides instant feedback when an email is opened and data about the length of time the reader spent in the document.
  • Overall ease of use. Highspot is very easy to use and navigation is very intuitive.
  • The mobile platform is not as user-friendly, missing some of the ease of use from a mobile device.
  • The Help section is not as comprehensive or accurate. Often a search yields answers that are not relevant to the issue trying to be resolved.
  • Content can only be sorted alphabetically or by date, it would be useful to be able to sort by author or department as well.
I use it extensively in the onboarding process with new reps. It makes my job of onboarding much more efficient because I am able to give new hires the document title and let them look it up on their computer. This serves several purposes; reduction in paper costs for printing docs, reduction in time spent printing, and an immediate familiarization of the reps with how to use the tool. We also use it extensively in prospecting and track the effectiveness of varied approaches so we can refine what works and what does not.
Read Martyn Baker's full review
June 21, 2018
Kyle Dowling | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our sales and marketing teams use Highspot to manage/update/share content within the organization as well as with our customers and potential customers. Highspot also provides us with valuable insight as to the best content to share with our customers and the best time to do so.
  • Sales and Marketing Content Management
  • Customer Engagement and Analytics
  • Ease of Use
  • Outlook Integration
  • Flexibility in the organization of content
  • They make things so easy in content management that I wish they could design tools to replace all my point software solutions
Highspot is hands down the best solution for managing/organizing/sharing content and tracking analytics of customer engagement and content performance. Highspot has lapped our previous solution for content management (Dropbox and Sharepoint) 10x over. Right now their bread and butter is in content management but, hopefully one day they will expand into replacing my other sales tools (Lead management, CRM, etc.) as well!
Read Kyle Dowling's full review
June 29, 2018
Loren Lund | TrustRadius Reviewer
The best way we use Highspot is as a repository of content. I have it connected to my email so I can easily centralize, tag, and send out whitepaper content or demo resources.
  • Search content
  • Creating campaigns
  • Easily tagging to email
  • Content expansion
  • Folders for content
  • Teaching users
Well suited for business development while prospecting. It is not well suited for enablement unless you can assign content to people or tasks.
Read Loren Lund's full review
Sam Cooper | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company uses Highspot throughout our nation-wide sales organization. HIghspot allows a central access point for sales materials and provides instant notifications when clients, or prospective clients, view our proposals.
  • Proposal Tracking. Highspot sends notices whenever emails are opened & viewed. I know immediately when a prospective client views a proposal. It also provides specific information on which pages are viewed and how much time each page is viewed.
  • I'm sure there are areas for improvement, but I'm at a loss at the moment to recommend changes.
If your company has a lot of documents, forms, sales materials, etc., Highspot can serve as a central portal for such. Easy access with the ability for each individual to tailor and organize as they wish. Analytics attached provides a nice snapshot of activity.
Read Sam Cooper's full review
June 28, 2018
Laney Dominick | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our entire sales team across the company uses Highspot for all of our sales support materials. It has helped streamline the process of getting important information out to our clients.
  • Organizes all of our sales information so we can easily send out to clients
  • Easy to send information through the Highspot plug-in for Gmail
  • Easy to track who has opened our emails and viewed the information
  • No areas for improvement that I have found
  • No areas for improvement that I have found
I think Highspot is a great tool for any sales organization.
Read Laney Dominick's full review
Andrew Raby | TrustRadius Reviewer
Highspot is used across our company and addresses the problem of a one-stop shop for company information. It's the "Google" of our company information.
  • Collection of relevant and pertinent company information.
  • Becomes an easily accessed training hub for videos, one sheeters or other formats.
  • Houses my personal company documents for easy access.
  • No complaints
Easy for proposals, finding creative examples, testimonials, industry information,...etc etc
Read Andrew Raby's full review
Natalie Almeleh | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have been using Highspot to keep track of clients and make sure we are sending them the most relevant information
  • All of our material is up to date and relevant to our organization at the current time
  • We can see exactly what parts of the resources are most relevant to the client
  • Our sales are more strategic, effective and relevant to our clients with Highspot and that is an invaluable resource to us
  • Highspot is a fantastic tool, it would be great to have a bit more room for organization within the tool,
  • A specific tutorial when getting started as well
Highspot is great when sending multiple resources to a client, and understanding what is important to that specific client
Read Natalie Almeleh's full review
March 23, 2017
Chris Sharpless | TrustRadius Reviewer
The Sales team uses Highspot. It helps us track who is most interested after our demos as well as keeps us from sending large attachments.
  • Tracks Interest from prospects, what slides they are looking at and for how long.
  • If a prospect re engages and looks at something a year later, you will get a notification and know who to reach out to.
  • Easy for prospects to share content internally with each other.
  • Sometimes the links will wear down because of email trackers or other technology. If they can fix that, then this would be a perfect product.
Well suited for meeting follow up. Decent for sending links to prospects, but not the best for mass prospecting because you wouldn't be able to tell who exactly looked at it, if it's the same link to multiple companies.
Read Chris Sharpless's full review
March 27, 2017
Keshia Carlson | TrustRadius Reviewer
The account executives and leadership at PayScale rely heavily on Highspot to gauge the prospect's interest throughout our sales process. It is absolutely crucial in order to spend our time wisely and close biz. I would highly recommend this platform to anyone selling software, specifically.

• Immediate view notification, allowing me to pick up the phone and know they'll answer.
  • Shows the length of time spent on each content's page, showing me what is most important to them.
  • It is quick to upload content, never to delay my followup.
  • I would like to know on highspot's feed exactly who is viewing it. While it shows in Salesforce, it is limited to if the contact is uploaded in Salesforce.
Highspot is suited for follow up materials, to keep the prospect engaged and understand likelihood of buying.
Read Keshia Carlson's full review
March 24, 2017
Rachel Goldberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Highspot as a sales team to 1) share and organize content internally and 2) streamline how we share content and business cases with our customers. It allows our team to collaborate and improve how we message and present our product/services. As individual sales reps, Highspot provides unparalleled visibility into who and how prospect are engaging with the materials we send them. For our prospects, they're able to access, share, and download content with links or preview emails so their inboxes don't get clogged with big files.
  • Notification and clarity into engagement of content. I get an email notification and platform update when someone opens a PDF and I can see in real-time what page they view and for how long.
  • Search function.
  • Customer Service. The Highspot team is quick to respond, asks for feedback, and is continually making their tool even better.
  • Super simple. It's easy to train users.
  • The zoom in/out is a little wonky.
  • If a tab is left open, the counter continues to mark this as a view. This is the person and not Highspot. I'm pretty sure they've added a kill switch, I don't get notifications of people viewing slides for 10+ hrs anymore.
Anyone that has to send PDFs to an external party, or internally for that matter, could benefit from Highspot.
Read Rachel Goldberg's full review

What is Highspot?

Highspot is an advanced sales enablement platform, with sales content tools and content analytics. Users can find the most relevant content for each situation, have flexible ways to present content to customers, and gain real-time visibility into whether customers find the content engaging. Highspot sales content tools include asset management, sales playbooks, online presentations, etc. Advanced analytics lets marketing and sales understand how content is performing across the sales cycle and provides actionable insights so pitches and content can be optimized. Highspot aims to close the loop across marketing, sales, and customers, in order to help companies engage more effectively with their audiences.

Highspot Features

Has featureSales Content Management
Has featureOnline Pitching
Has featureSales Performance Analytics
Has featureGuided Selling
Has featureIn-context Sales Training
Has featureSales Email with prospect engagement alerts

Highspot Screenshots