Overall Satisfaction with Hootsuite
We use Hootsuite to help organize, schedule, and post social media messaging for our team across a variety of platforms (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc). Instead of having to post all of these individually on each platform, Hootsuite makes it easy to post automatically across all of them from one unified dashboard.
- Scheduling tool
- Easy to navigate user interface
- Support for many different social media platforms
- The integration on some of the social media platforms is a bit cumbersome (it will post, but the formatting will be off unless you do additional editing within the social media platform).
- [It needs] more flexibility in the pricing tier structure.
- Hootsuite has allowed our social media manager to free up their time from otherwise mundane tasks that now can be automated.
- Using the "free" version makes this a pretty low risk opportunity.
Hootsuite is doing a good job of staying current with the ever-changing updates and shifts of social media. Their support team is also friendly and prompt whenever I do have a question. Having some live chat options for when I'm stuck on a certain process would be a welcome addition though.
Do you think Hootsuite delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Hootsuite's feature set?
Did Hootsuite live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Hootsuite go as expected?
Would you buy Hootsuite again?
Hootsuite is an incredible tool if you are a small operation that is trying to get more discipline in your social media presence and want to help make the job easier for someone who is already probably wearing multiple hats. However, once you reach a certain level of professionalism, it seems that the "simplicity" Hootsuite offers also begins to come at the cost of "functionality."