Hootsuite Reviews

Nicholas Shields | TrustRadius Reviewer

HootSuite Made My Job and Life Easier

Pros and Cons

• Publishing and scheduling social posts.
  • Continuing to build and add new apps that make life easier.
  • Unlimited analytics made for a numbers man dream. Creating and exporting reports was easy.
  • Great account rep, always attentive to my needs.
  • My only real concern is that some apps they provide require signing up and pay for the services. I felt that if it was being made available to me via Hootsuite which is already paid for then there should not be additional costs. I realize that this probably would drive the price up dramatically but still a bit disappointing seeing a new toy but not being able to touch it.
  • It's not much to look at, drab grey and black. Could be a bit more aesthetically pleasing.
Read Nicholas Shields's full review
Matthew Veil | TrustRadius Reviewer

Hoostuite Free - A Must for Start Ups and Small Businesses

Pros and Cons

• For small or startup businesses, time is scarce, and being able to schedule up to 30 messages at one time means you sit down once per month and you are done. Spending one to two hours focussed on content relieves the stress of remembering to log on multiple times per week when other things get in the way.
  • I also like the analytics, you can log into each social site and look at it, but again that is time that could be spent doing something else. I like seeing how each post is performing over different channels, especially because each channel will vary in the way content is consumed. Very helpful for planning future content and posts.
  • When I was starting up it was nice to have a trusted source of information helping me determine what and how to post to social media, Hootsuite provides some online free courses to help a small startup business get off the ground with what to post. Helping with information on specific social media platforms, optimizing your social media profiles and pages to get more out of social media. Some people tend to think it's just creating a profile and posting, it's way more than that and Hootsuite provides a lot of information for non experts to become proficient for their own business.
  • They have the Hootlet owl that can be used to schedule posts on the fly for Chrome and Firefox browsers. Very helpful, I have noticed it can be quite buggy at times, so I generally don't even use install it or use it. I'd like to see it work better because a small part of posting is done on the fly. But considering it is a free resource I don't complain.
  • I'd love to see a keyword report or hashtag report which is currently not available on the free version, but considering it's free, again I wouldn't complain. When I used the free plan the main goal was to just post content and show more presence that was consistent on multiple channels.
  • When I first signed up there wasn't a lot of information in regards to how the dashboard worked and the functions of streams but I believe they have added more information, for non techy people that may seem a bit confusing at first, but they have added more information in explaining that and the publishing stream.
Read Matthew Veil's full review
Wes Horrocks | TrustRadius Reviewer

Using Hootsuite Enterprise

Pros and Cons

• Hootsuite Enterprise allows us to access more social media channels than the other products we've looked at. They've also been open about upcoming additions, which has allowed us to plan which channels we may use in the future.
  • When we've had a problem with a post or using Hootsuite Enterprise in general, the support team has responded quickly. While it is never convenient to have something stop working, it is nice to count on their quick response.
  • The Team Hierarchy structure is straightforward and has been simple to use as we've had to adjust access for individuals who have moved to various teams.
  • There is no simple way to preview how a post will appear on the various social media platforms. It makes it tough to know what to expect without some trial and error.
  • I wish there was more transparency about how each feature works. For example, Hootsuite allows you to post multiple pictures on Facebook in one post. However, when they go live it actually posts each picture separately. Knowing how it works ahead of time allows us to tailor our approach.
Read Wes Horrocks's full review
Chani Loeb | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 30, 2020

Hootsuite makes life convenient, but at a cost.

Pros and Cons

• Easy to monitor multiple streams in one place.
  • You can have a team manage your social media empire.
  • It helps you manage customer service on Twitter.
  • You can get free reports by email.
  • It's the best way to connect lots of services together.
  • Hootsuite Analytics, Multiple Users (Teams), & Custom URL Shorteners are REALLY expensive.
  • There are no thumbnail & summary previews on Facebook in certain situations.
Read Chani Loeb's full review
Chris Lesner | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 18, 2020

Hootsuite is a great company with a quality product

• Scheduling content.
  • Posting content remotely.
  • Collaborating with team members.
  • Shows great stats.
  • Helps us keep track of conversations using keywords we care about.
  • Makes it easier to post random content we find online on other websites.
  • Instagram data is limited.
  • Cannot post directly to Instagram through Hootsuite Pro.
  • There is no automation at all for following/unfollowing/responding to people.
Read Chris Lesner's full review
Che Odom | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 17, 2020

Hootsuite is efficient, effective, and relatively affordable

Pros and Cons

• Schedules social media posts - it is easy and efficient and once you have completed you can walk away knowing it will be done properly.
  • Links easily to social accounts - this is important for the tool to be effective, if it was a challenge or had to be updated every time, it would take the ease of use out of the product.
  • Communicates - If there are problems, they are communicated quickly so that they can be addressed prior to anything "not being posted" on your behalf.
  • I cannot think of anything that comes to mind that would really improve functionality. I would love to see a redesign that was easier to "look at" but that is simply a design preference on my part.
Read Che Odom's full review
Jasmeet S Babra | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 17, 2020

Hootsuite Pro review-Used both in student and work life

Pros and Cons

• Manage social media feed.
  • Manage different social media channels in one.
  • Give specific access to users and managers.
  • Allows you to post at a particular time.
  • Cross channel content pushing.
  • Integrate Instagram well.
  • Managing events on FB.
  • The archive feature could be improved.
Read Jasmeet S Babra's full review
Ron Rothstain | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 17, 2020

Hootsuite, why you should be using them for your social media activities

Pros and Cons

• Ability to integrate multiple social media accounts (twitter, Fackbook, LinkedIn ...)
  • Very intuitive interface.
  • A bit tedious with adding images, links, etc.
  • Sometimes, social media posts do not post as intended
Read Ron Rothstain's full review
Maxmillien Rosenberg | TrustRadius Reviewer

Hootsuite: The Place To Be For Social Media Management

Pros and Cons

• The Tweet Scheduling tool allows social media managers like myself to take care of content days in advance and allows others within the org. to see those scheduled Tweets to ensure there is no timing overlap.
  • The different stream functionalities allow me to have different set ups for Game Days, special events and easily track our teams, players and media.
  • The content library allows me to easily share content with the other org users with the simple click of a button.
  • The 24/7 support team is always ready to help should anyone in the org. have any questions, concerns or notice any bugs.
  • For me there is no real weakness to the Hootsuite software except the Facebook publisher tends to have a bug or two when using it to publish multiple photos.
Read Maxmillien Rosenberg's full review
Emily Hammell | TrustRadius Reviewer

Great Value

Pros and Cons

• Scheduling social media - it helps me control when things are published and can even predict when a good time to publish would be.
  • User-friendly interface - the interface is very easy to use and nearly anyone could use it!
  • Convenient tools - it's nice to be able to scroll through different feeds and interact with posts from one tab.
  • Formatting issues - I have to save images and PDFs in different formats and sizes in order to share on different platforms.
  • Sizes - The max image size you can upload is 5 gb which means I'm having to resize my professional images before uploading them
  • Instagram integration - this could really use some help. I manage 5+ Instagram pages and it does not integrate well with that many accounts. I'm constantly getting error messages.
Read Emily Hammell's full review
Kim Hoogenboom | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 15, 2020

Hoot hoot! Hootsuite gets the message out.

Pros and Cons

• Flexible scheduling system for social ahead of time.
  • Works on a phone and desktop.
  • Many ways to connect using their apps.
  • We can see who is talking about us socially or via a review all in one place.
  • Does not work with snap chat without other apps/integrations.
  • Difficult to work with youtube and Instagram in all the ways people communicate on those platforms.
  • Wish they would make it easier (less expensive) to run contests.
  • Would be nice to have better analytics for free.
Read Kim Hoogenboom's full review
Jess Messenger | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 14, 2020

Great scheduling tool for social media

Pros and Cons

• I like that Hootsuite makes it very easy to shorten a URL into an ow.ly link within the dashboard.
  • I find it very easy to schedule messages and to see all of the upcoming messages for one client or all clients with just a few simple clicks.
  • I like that you can review custom dashboards for each client, such as the Twitter homepage, scheduled Facebook posts, and inbox messages.
  • I wish that the reports didn't use a "point" system. We have a Pro account and still do not have enough points to generate some of the great reports that Hootsuite offers.
  • Hootsuite should make it easier to schedule messages in different time zones. You can change the time zone of your dashboard but that's too cumbersome when you have employees accessing it from different countries. I want to easily know when to schedule a message so that it will go out at the correct time in another country without calculating the time difference myself.
  • Sometimes profiles randomly get disconnected from Hootsuite and you have to reauthenticate the account by logging in via Hootsuite.
Read Jess Messenger's full review
Kent Lewis | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 14, 2020

I give a Hoot about HootSuite. It's affordable, intuitive and convenient.

Pros and Cons

• Auto-scheduling posts easily, especially via the mobile app.
  • Tracking clicks across channels with URL shortener.
  • Provides helpful real-time and automated weekly reports via email.
  • I believe the app is very intuitive and valuable, but the desktop app is a little more clunky, especially when scheduling posts. It takes too many steps to create a post compared to the mobile app.
  • The free reporting has not improved over time, surprisingly. Reporting options are somewhat limited in value.
Read Kent Lewis's full review
Amy Paterson | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 14, 2020

Hootsuite, so easy to use even our entire department can use it!

Pros and Cons

• Hootsuite allows us to schedule postings days/weeks in advance so we can manage other aspects within our work functions and not miss a beat.
  • I love Hootsuite because I can see my post before I schedule it to go live, which allows me perfect my messaging.
  • Hootsuite allows me to page through my social platforms, see the activity on my page, upcoming scheduled posts and what others are posting. This really keeps everything in front of me to help manage all of the different social platforms I manage.
  • I wish Hootsuite would update their Facebook feed icon. Currently, it shows as a flag, which is very confusing when trying to manage multiple platforms. For example, twitter is the bird icon which makes it super easy to identify that it is Twitter... no guessing games.
  • To view all of my posts in the planner page, I would like to see the whole month, versus only showing weekly. It's a strong asset to see your scheduled posts on a calendar, but to see the entire month would be most beneficial.
  • When you are already viewing your streams for facebook, twitter, etc., I wish Hootsuite would automatically refresh new feed, rather than me having to click to refresh the stream.
Read Amy Paterson's full review
Zaina Kroschinski | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 16, 2020

Hootsuite for private and company rental management

Pros and Cons

• Targets the desired audience that mostly use this website.
  • Helps narrow down your needs and wants in a home.
  • Provides many different cities, towns and areas of the country.
  • Expensive reports for small businesses.
  • Custom URL shorteners are pricey.
Read Zaina Kroschinski's full review
Marissa Pick | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 14, 2020

Hootsuite gets an A++ check it out!

Pros and Cons

• Great pricing and free options for basic management
  • Great analytics
  • Very user friendly
  • Video isn't always the easiest to post within the platform.
  • Sometimes Hootsuite has system wide issues and doesn't send posts, but an email always comes to let me know.
Read Marissa Pick's full review
January 17, 2020

Hootsuite Makes Social Management Easy

Pros and Cons

• Easy to interact with other users or consumers--fast. Hootsuite allows a real-time feed like Twitter used to have. Notifications are more easily seen.
  • Easy to monitor all aspects of social, including through multiple accounts. Did someone mention your account(s)? There's a panel for that. Only want to see specific content? You're able to create data profiles on whatever you choose. What to minter multiple accounts at once? Done.
  • Scheduling tweets are easy, which means you can fully develop your social calendar and not have to worry about taking a break from your dinner to send out that 6 pm tweet.
  • When scheduling tweets, it can be easy to hit the wrong button and send the tweet out immediately. Would love to see better design to avoid that.
  • With so much data on the screen, sometimes it can look overwhelming and, maybe this is just me, quite ugly. Personal preference, sure, but I would love to see a cleaner looking design.

Great Social Media Tool for multiple accounts

Pros and Cons

• Create streams for multiple accounts and platforms and offer an easy overview
  • Schedule, comment on, like and reshare posts on multiple platforms
  • Track trends, hashtags and search terms in separate column
  • schedule content and have clients/colleagues check for approval
  • I've used the platform for a long time but do get some resistance sometimes from others saying it's not very user-friendly
  • Maybe add more features to the analytics side

Boolean keyword searches (68)
Filtering out noise/spam (70)
6.2
Sentiment analysis (63)
6.7
Broad channel coverage (85)
Content planning and scheduling (103)
Audience targeting (78)
Content optimization (83)
Workflow management (87)
Automated routing and prioritization (65)
Customer interaction histories (72)
Bulk actions (78)
Lead generation (49)
Content marketing (80)
Paid media management (51)
6.6
Campaigns and promotions (72)
Twitter (100)
9.4
Facebook (100)
LinkedIn (90)
Google+ (60)
Instagram (82)
Pinterest (49)
YouTube (48)
Campaign success analytics (81)
Real-time tracking (82)
Competitor analysis (57)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (84)
Mobile access (91)

About Hootsuite

Hootsuite aims to help people connect on social media with the communities they live in, the teams they work with, and the brands they love as well as customers who believe in them.

Whether managing a small team or making leap forward to completely transform a social enterprise, Hootsuite presents solutions to help unlock the power of human connection.

The vendor states that Hootsuite is trusted by more than 18 million customers and employees at more than 80 percent of the Fortune 1000. They further provide that Hootsuite's expertise, customer insights at scale, and collaborative ecosystem empowers organizations large and small to strategically grow their brand, business, and customer relationships with social. They invite visitors to learn more, at www.hootsuite.com.

Hootsuite Features

Listening/monitoring Features
Has featureBoolean keyword searches
Has featureFiltering out noise/spam
Has featureSentiment analysis
Has featureBroad channel coverage
Publishing Features
Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Has featureAudience targeting
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management
Engagement Features
Has featureAutomated routing and prioritization
Has featureCustomer interaction histories
Has featureCampaign success analytics
Has featureReal-time tracking
Has featureCompetitor analysis
Account management Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access

Hootsuite Integrations

Hootsuite Competitors

Conversocial, Sysomos Expion, Falcon.io, Radian6, Sprout Social, MavSocial, ThoughtBuzz, Socialbakers, Khoros Care (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium), Khoros Marketing (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium), Sprinklr

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes