Hootsuite Reviews

Nicholas Shields | TrustRadius Reviewer

HootSuite Made My Job and Life Easier

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I used HootSuite Pro in two different capacities. First as a very passive user when an agency we worked with brought it to us. After not finding much use other than scheduling a few Twitter updates, I was ready to end our contract. I reached out to HootSuite directly and quickly changed my tune. Once the agency was cut out of the equation I found the tools available were great. I could publish content to various social channels, review analytics and a monthly call with my very helpful account rep kept me up-to-date on the latest additions. I quickly found myself doing all my engagement via HootSuite. It was a one-stop shopping experience that allowed me to post, respond, and review social activity. Keyword and hashtag searches were easy to set up for both Twitter and Instagram and if I ever had a concern my rep was addressing it ASAP. Now that I don't use it at my new role I realize how helpful their tools were. While it is not the prettiest layout on the market it is effective. The mobile app also came in handy when out in the real world and not near a computer.
Read Nicholas Shields's full review
Matthew Veil | TrustRadius Reviewer

Hoostuite Free - A Must for Start Ups and Small Businesses

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We used Hoostsuite Free when we first started the business. We needed a low cost solution, free is definitely low cost, I heard about Hootsuite from online blogs I follow, and searched on the web more about it. The main functions I wanted to use were to schedule social media posts on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+ so I didn't have to manually do it. I know Facebook has the option to schedule it for later but logging onto 3 different platforms and copying pasting over was a lot more time consuming. Still at the time the other social platforms didn't allow to schedule the post for later. It was easy to get started with and freed up our time in scheduling social media posts. Initially it was just myself, and now I have others using the upgraded version of it. I meet with a lot of smaller businesses who don't have a large budget for marketing and I recommend Hoostuite free to them all the time. We have since upgraded to the version where you can have more social profiles and are still happy with it. Pricing is hard to beat, and the time savings is very helpful.
Read Matthew Veil's full review
Wes Horrocks | TrustRadius Reviewer

Using Hootsuite Enterprise

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are using Hootsuite Enterprise to better coordinate our social media channels/messages. It has helped to streamline our external recruiting processes and has allowed multiple departments to begin working together to produce content and schedule posts.
Read Wes Horrocks's full review
Ed Hart | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 14, 2020

Hootsuite Free helped us to get our social media back on track

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Hootsuite to automate our social media posts across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for our entire organization. We also use it as a convenient platform to monitor engagement with our target audience of interior designers. Having our social platforms accessible in one place is a real time saver for us since our marketing team is lean and responsible for many functions.
Read Ed Hart's full review
Chani Loeb | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 30, 2020

Hootsuite makes life convenient, but at a cost.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use it across the company in the Office of Marketing & Creative Services as well as the Center for Recreation & Wellness to schedule social media posts for days that the school is closed or at off-hours. Even with smartphones, it sets everyone's mind at ease knowing that there's a post scheduled instead of having to remember to post to social media on the weekend.
Read Chani Loeb's full review
Barbara Carneiro | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 20, 2020

Good tool!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We've used it to schedule posts on Facebook and Twitter. One person on my team is responsible for curating content, uploading it to HootSuite and then scheduling it to many channels, for us and some of our clients. We used it as a tool to streamline our social media engagement and presence. I believe that overall it is a powerful tool and affordable but I'm finding it to be too cumbersome and in a way a bit more complex to manage. The interface is not the most intuitive one. It was great a few years ago but we've seen interfaces that are simpler and not so cluttered. Overall it is a great tool but we eventually decided to move to something that others in the team could manage as well. Also, price went up significantly in recent years.
Read Barbara Carneiro's full review
Chris Lesner | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 18, 2020

Hootsuite is a great company with a quality product

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Hootsuite Pro allows us to schedule out over 2 months of posts ahead of the dates we actually have them post. They help us keep full track of what is going on with all of our social accounts by providing great insights (data) on what the outcome of each post is and our social account as a whole.
Read Chris Lesner's full review
Che Odom | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 17, 2020

Hootsuite is efficient, effective, and relatively affordable

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It is being used by our Marketing department, specifically our social media team. The problem that it addresses is that in today's age of constant information overload, we as a company do not want to be drowned out of the social media picture, but we don't want to have to employ someone to constantly be posting and/or monitoring.

Hootsuite specifically allows us to develop a strategy for the day, week or month, including holiday messages and other posts that can be planned in advance. We then develop and prepare the posts and let Hootsuite do the actual posting at appropriate times so that our team members can move along to something else. We know that the post will show in our company feeds at the predetermined time, sometimes, for example, on holidays when no one is working, which is, in fact, the origin of our Hootsuite usage.
Read Che Odom's full review
Jasmeet S Babra | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 17, 2020

Hootsuite Pro review-Used both in student and work life

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Hootsuite pro was used as a central activity center for all our social media. I have used Hootsuite to manage various social accounts for the last company I worked for and also in a project for my masters class. Using features like streams and lists we were able to identify various aspects of business which touched our domain and were able to engage and track them.
Read Jasmeet S Babra's full review
Ron Rothstain | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 17, 2020

Hootsuite, why you should be using them for your social media activities

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We have used Hootsuite mainly for departmental use, mostly around our different blogs, from one central place. This allows us to get a single pane update of all the interactions on our blog twitter feeds. Sometimes we also like to cross-post the same tweet onto our different social media accounts, and even that is very easily enabled by the Hootsuite "New Post" widget.
Read Ron Rothstain's full review
Maxmillien Rosenberg | TrustRadius Reviewer

Hootsuite: The Place To Be For Social Media Management

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We at the CFL use Hootsuite Enterprise for not only social media management of our own channels, but have a contract that sees all 9 CFL teams use the Hootsuite platform. This allows all the teams to have their social media (most notably Twitter) all under one umbrella giving access to great functionality such as content library and the ability for everyone to see what everyone else is doing. Placing all team and league accounts under the enterprise software has been a great tool for not only me at the league office, but for all teams.
Read Maxmillien Rosenberg's full review
Emily Hammell | TrustRadius Reviewer

Great Value

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am the marketing and social media coordinator and I use Hootsuite nearly every day to schedule social media across platforms. It saves me a ton of time and energy while being able to produce consistent content for all of our brands.
Read Emily Hammell's full review
Kim Hoogenboom | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 15, 2020

Hoot hoot! Hootsuite gets the message out.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It helps us see what our manufacturers and competition are saying every day. We are able to have similar communication but make it our own instead of a straight-up "share" forward. We can schedule ahead, yet have great flexibility with timing. It has helped us give our customers a consistent message from one source out to where they want to follow us.
Read Kim Hoogenboom's full review
Jess Messenger | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 14, 2020

Great scheduling tool for social media

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Hootsuite Pro to manage numerous social media platforms for several different clients around the world. Hootsuite is used by most people within our firm. It helps address the problems associated with scheduling lots of content for clients. We can pre-schedule content to make it easier to get messages out during the early and late hours. We can also tracks the number of clicks in order to better tailor our content to followers.
Read Jess Messenger's full review
Kent Lewis | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 14, 2020

I give a Hoot about HootSuite. It's affordable, intuitive and convenient.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I'm the primary user of HootSuite in our organization, for business and personal use. I currently manage 5 profiles but used to manage 12. One employee uses the platform to support our social media efforts at Anvil. HootSuite allows me to have a much deeper presence on social media (via scheduling) and informed about what content is performing (analytics and reporting) to inform future efforts.
Read Kent Lewis's full review
Amy Paterson | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 14, 2020

Hootsuite, so easy to use even our entire department can use it!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Hootsuite is utilized at our organization to help schedule and share on our social media pages by the personnel within the marketing department. It helps us organize posts across different markets we serve, submitted by different people in our organization. This is a real game changer in how we can see who is posting when, where and what.
Read Amy Paterson's full review
Zaina Kroschinski | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 16, 2020

Hootsuite for private and company rental management

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Hootsuite to advertise for our residential rental properties and promote our company as well. Hootsuite is great for targeting locals and the surround area that are looking for rental properties. This software is commonly used by the middle age demographic that we are aiming for as renters. The marketing department typically uses the software to advertise daily. It is great for promoting and advertising our business.
Read Zaina Kroschinski's full review
April 18, 2020

Great service, but needs updates quick to keep up in the marketplace.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We have three users. All of us curate and post content for our approximately 50 social media channels. It helps each of us know what the other has posted, so we are not duplicating efforts. We can also pop into the scheduler to see what is coming up and we often use bulk uploading which is a great feature.

Great Social Media Tool for multiple accounts

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We've been using Hootsuite Pro for a number of years. I started using it to monitor twitter parties, tracking hashtags and schedule posts for instagram. Today, I use it for multiple clients and share some of the feeds with clients/colleagues (makes for easy approval process). I use it for Facebook, twitter, instagram and sometimes LinkedIn.
April 20, 2020

Hootsuite Review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Hootsuite as a marketing manager to aid in managing the daily social and blog outputs. Hootsuite allows me to manage numerous platforms from one easy and convenient location. We have multiple users signed up to use the software as well as the director who will occasionally pop in and check it out. Hootsuite makes is super efficient for posting and planning.
Vishal Wadkar | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 26, 2020

Hootsuite - One of the best social media scheduling tools.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Hootsuite is being used by the marketing and communications team of different geographies to schedule social media posts to the respective channels that each team is handling. Hootsuite allows to manage all social media content - scheduling, posting, responding to followers' comments and analytics all in one place. It also helps to approve and assign certain comments to other users of the platform as well.
Read Vishal Wadkar's full review

Boolean keyword searches (68)
Filtering out noise/spam (70)
6.1
Sentiment analysis (63)
6.7
Broad channel coverage (85)
Content planning and scheduling (103)
Audience targeting (78)
Content optimization (83)
Workflow management (87)
Automated routing and prioritization (65)
Customer interaction histories (72)
Bulk actions (78)
Lead generation (49)
Content marketing (80)
Paid media management (51)
6.5
Campaigns and promotions (72)
Twitter (100)
9.4
Facebook (100)
LinkedIn (90)
Google+ (60)
Instagram (82)
Pinterest (49)
YouTube (48)
Campaign success analytics (81)
Real-time tracking (82)
Competitor analysis (57)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (84)
Mobile access (91)

About Hootsuite

Hootsuite aims to help people connect on social media with the communities they live in, the teams they work with, and the brands they love as well as customers who believe in them.

Whether managing a small team or making leap forward to completely transform a social enterprise, Hootsuite presents solutions to help unlock the power of human connection.

The vendor states that Hootsuite is trusted by more than 18 million customers and employees at more than 80 percent of the Fortune 1000. They further provide that Hootsuite's expertise, customer insights at scale, and collaborative ecosystem empowers organizations large and small to strategically grow their brand, business, and customer relationships with social. They invite visitors to learn more, at www.hootsuite.com.

Hootsuite Features

Listening/monitoring Features
Has featureBoolean keyword searches
Has featureFiltering out noise/spam
Has featureSentiment analysis
Has featureBroad channel coverage
Publishing Features
Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Has featureAudience targeting
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management
Engagement Features
Has featureAutomated routing and prioritization
Has featureCustomer interaction histories
Has featureCampaign success analytics
Has featureReal-time tracking
Has featureCompetitor analysis
Account management Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access

Hootsuite Integrations

Hootsuite Competitors

Conversocial, Sysomos Expion, Falcon.io, Radian6, Sprout Social, MavSocial, ThoughtBuzz, Socialbakers, Khoros Care (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium), Khoros Marketing (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium), Sprinklr

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes