Great tool with lots of functionality
August 29, 2014

Great tool with lots of functionality

Omar Salaymeh, P.Eng | TrustRadius Reviewer
Score 7 out of 10
Vetted Review
Verified User

Software Version


Overall Satisfaction with HubSpot

We mainly use HubSpot to manage email communications with our subscribers, this constitutes 90% of our usage. We send emails about our latest product changes, invites to webinars, reminders, notifications about new blogposts, and to distribute content. The remaining 10% of the usage is to host landing pages, manage our blog, and keep an eye on prospects.
  • Manage emails and workflows. In my opinion this is HubSpot's main strength, to trigger and manage workflows based on the buyer's journey.
  • HubSpot's lead scoring is also really handy. It's a great way to loop in sales on any marketing initiatives.
  • The ability to look back at contact and see their level of engagement over time.
  • The landing page is very rigid, in that it's hard to customize it quickly on the go.
  • To set up a new workflow you need to jump into 3-4 tools to get everything prepped and ready to go. Set up a list, a landing page, possible a new form, etc. It would be nice to have the workflow as a central location, and from there a user can quickly create an email, a list, a landing page.
  • Since we used HubSpot for emailing our subscribers we often find our selves having to make a specific list for a specific targeted email. It would be great if from within the email tool, you can quickly specify conditions that need to be met to create a list. In other words, creating a list on the go.
  • More flexibility on the conditions that can set to determine how a workflow folds out.
  • The ability to add multiple exit conditions for a workflow. This would be good where there 2+ streams of content, where a user can enter into any of which and be taken across the rest over time.
  • Our ROI hasn't been that great yet. But I can see the potential of a good ROI in the next year or two as we continue to develop our core content offering.
  • Our lead conversion speed has been about the same. Again as above as a startup it will take time to see significant measurable results as we are just beginning to build our data around the sales funnel.
  • HubSpot has saved us lots of time in managing emails sends to our contacts, an in nurturing our pool of leads.
  • Price can be prohibitive for a young company. Content marketing takes time to take effect, and HubSpot can be a cost centre in the first year+
Having it used it for a year, I have been impressed with the continual updates, the consulting, and the content provided for the users. Really good training program always at the user's disposal. I'm tempted to see what's out there now that I understand content marketing more and how it works.
HubSpot is a great tool to use to develop your content strategy. The support and content they provide are both very helpful, especially for the novice marketer like myself. HubSpot is good for a team looking to pump out content quickly, and organize contact history, and workflows.