Overall Satisfaction with HubSpot
BIGSHOT is a HubSpot certified company that utilizes the program across the board in all departments. It really addresses what could have been an issue of organization, a way to keep all of our work in a coherent and well-thought out system, and is a huge help in the workspace. It also keeps all departments linked from start to finish in our client interaction and conversion to marketing material.
- HubSpot's training program is out of this world. Seriously, I couldn't have caught on better than through their certification programs, and am thrilled with how well thought out their training is.
- Publishing is so easy through HubSpot's social tools. I haven't experienced a platform for publishing that I have enjoyed as much as HubSpot.
- HubSpot's layout is simple and beautiful. It makes switching between clients and juggling projects seamless!
- Having the ability to keep all previously marketed landing pages and utilized material in one spot is very accommodating for people who are just joining the workspace. It's not always easy to find time to train someone in a marketing position, but HubSpot practically does it all for you!
- We have experienced some glitches in posting to social. A couple of times, it has dropped its verification of our social accounts and we have had to go through manually and re-verify. This wouldn't have been an issue if HubSpot had emailed anyone to warn us about it. Something like, "Oh no! Did you delete a social account?" Just so we could have re-verified and re-scheduled previously scheduled posts for clients. We got behind last week because of a glitch.
- I think that social should have a tab for Instagram. Posting in advance to Instagram would be such a key feature--especially for visually-driven clients.
- Social should have the capability of tagging Facebook friends/groups/fan pages/etc. so that we can increase our clients' exposure. I feel like we are losing out on a lot of leads by not having that capability.
- Increased employee efficiency
- Decreased necessity for training time taken out of established employees' days, which leads to efficiency
- Increased overall organization
- Increased fluidity of information for the company
If you are just dealing with one client, then it is hardly necessary to subscribe to a program like HubSpot. The certification process, however, is a really good resource for anyone in the marketing industry or who would like to go into sales. I benefitted greatly from this program even for social media for my own website. It is a pretty universal system.
HubSpot makes it a point to be constantly evolving, just like the marketing and business industries that it serves. They stay up-to-date on trends, are always improving their certification programs, and are just in general a great company to work with.