Took us to the next level.
Updated May 01, 2017
Took us to the next level.
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with HubSpot
HubSpot is the backbone to our marketing automation program. We use the system to run targeted campaigns built on workflows and events to ensure we are moving our online visitors along the lifecycle stages. At this point, it is being used primarily by our marketing department but the Salesforce integration allowed our sales and technical service teams to have further insight into the marketing efforts.
- Workflows and automation: the possibilities are seemingly endless when creating workflows. I've been able to build and automate the entire lifecycle journey for our contacts utilizing the workflow tool.
- Salesforce integration: the Salesforce integration was very easy and quite seamless. Maintaining the integration is super easy and the ability to run workflows based on SalesForce criteria is incredibly valuable.
- Smart content: Smart content took our email campaigns to the next level. Determined by list membership, we can personalize photography, CTAs, content, and more on all of our emails and webpages.
- CMS integration: Our website is built on WordPress so we never adopted the HubSpot CMS. Though I cannot discuss the quality of their CMS, I can say the WordPress features are a bit clunky. Though I can utilize all that HubSpot offers in WordPress, having to constantly toggle between systems when adding CTA's can be a bit of a burden.
- Email and landing page design: When we first signed up for HubSpot we received several templates for landing pages and emails which were pretty terrible. When I inquired about having them make changes to the templates I was told they did not offer template design as a service. It would be awesome if HubSpot had developers that could create landing page templates and email templates based on .psds which met the latest and greatest web standards. That said, the codex area is incredible and I've never had any problem building custom templates myself...I just wish I didn't have too!
- Permissions: The different permission tiers are not customizable, to my knowledge. I would really like to give our sales representatives access to more features but the strict permissions require me to make them "marketers" which gives them access to quite a bit and has required me to train people in sections which they shouldn't be looking at in the first place.
- Increased transparency across departments: has allowed sales to stay up to date with marketing efforts and get further insight into a contacts entire experience with our company.
- Driving people through lifecycle stages: We are now able to move people along the buying journey much faster than we could previously.
- Marketing automation: Building email templates and triggers has made our marketing campaigns more efficient. It has allowed us to spend our time enhancing our email campaigns and we no longer need to spend the majority of our time building custom emails.
HubSpot has allowed us to transition away from several smaller platforms, including our email marketing system and our landing page CMS. Although we utilize many of the tools, we have found our current CMS, analytics tool, and CRM are more flexible and meet our needs better than the HubSpot platform.