IBM FileNet Content Managerhttps://www.trustradius.com/enterprise-content-management-ecmIBM FileNet Content ManagerUnspecified7.4241012018-03-01T20:18:32.584Z
March 01, 2018
IBM FileNet Content Manager
Score 7 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with IBM FileNet Content Manager
I have used this software for past 10 years and implemented this solution to multiple clients who have stored documents from multiple business units like Health, HR, Accounts payable, Banking etc. FileNet content manager provides robust out of the box tools for end users (IBM Content Navigator) and for admins(ACCE) to store and classify documents. It has a very robust security model which secures documents being accessing from the external world.
- It has ability to access documents via a web interface without a client being installed on a device.
- It provides robust solution for Document classification , securing documents, versioning of documents.
- It supports storage of various document mime types which includes: MS office, images, videos etc.
- Cloud deployment is still a work in progress.
- IBM eForms are not compatible with IBM Content Navigator
- FileNet Content Engine administration console (acce) is not user friendly and needs improvement.
- A lot of improvement is required to FileNet error descriptions when we encounter with any FileNet errors.
- For document management, workflow management and content repository. FileNet's capability to manage large number of files is awesome and robust.
- Automation of business process which we developed for our last client has significantly improved their day to day process.
Well we have heard of other competitive products like share point, open text, PEGA but we rely on IBM FileNet content manager because of its robust scalability it provides for business/users.
As said earlier, we have developed applications for IBM FileNet Content manager for past 11 years and I believe FileNet is well suited for almost all industries like health, banking, HR, contracts, accounts paybale etc. where there is lot scope of document storage and business process involved. Definitely requires lot more progression in cloud deployment.