Overall Satisfaction with IBM Robotic Process Automation
We do not RPA now. Here at Perficient, we [strive] to be one of the world's leading consulting firms. As an IBM partner, we were excited to evaluate and learn the capability of this product so we could better position ourselves to assist our clients for their automation needs. When IBM hosted this Build-A-Bot challenge, I did take the opportunity to build a bot that automate our timesheet submission process. As a consulting company, its consultants' timesheet submission is mission critical to overall success of the company. It must be done accurately and in a timely fashion. While it's just a POC, RPA clearly shown that it's a viable solution.
- Documentation provided functional examples for each API
- IDE to develop the script is adequate
- Chrome integration works well
- Script execution is speedy
- I couldn't figure out a way to execute REST call to 3rd party rest API. Or maybe it's not fully supported, I remember I couldn't include file in the payload.
- I think a way to fully disassemble web page elements would make it easier for user to find the element they are looking for.
- Google drive integration doesn't seem to work consistently.
Do you think IBM Robotic Process Automation delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with IBM Robotic Process Automation's feature set?
Did IBM Robotic Process Automation live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of IBM Robotic Process Automation go as expected?
Would you buy IBM Robotic Process Automation again?
IBM Robotic Process Automation Support
Besides the official online documentation, there doesn't seem much resources elsewhere. Given that RPA was WDGAutomation from Brazil, maybe there are more resources in Portuguese? I don't know. The official support forum also doesn't seem to have a lot of activities. The official support forum and its interfaces are also not very intuitive.