From Taleo to iCIMS...
Updated September 30, 2015
From Taleo to iCIMS...
Score 7 out of 10
- iCIMS ATS
- iCIMS Onboarding
Overall Satisfaction with iCIMS Talent Acquisition Software Suite
iCIMS is used as our applicant tracking system. In addition, we use it to have all new employees complete onboarding paperwork prior to the first day. The system also integrates with our IT department and ADP system so that we could eliminate the need to re-key information into multiple systems. The system helps address the administrative attention that our previous ATS and paper onboarding process required.
- The system is intuitive from an ATS standpoint. It is easy to review candidates in a job.
- Customer service is available via phone or online ticketing system. It is rare that a customer representative who answers the phone can't handle the issue during the call.
- The software streamlines our offer letter and approval process.
- Integrating iCIMS with other software or departments is painful. We had a scheduled 12 week integration with iCIMS & ADP last more than 15 months.
- Not all members of the iCIMS team share the same customer service centric attitude that the help desk and our Client Relationship Representative has.
- The onboarding product could be improved. Currently this is done through "iFORMS" which are essentially word documents with fields that can be completed. It would be nice if the system allowed the fields to be re-formatted or have a more visually appealing look.
- Positive - We spend much less time having to administratively manage our job files to maintain compliance from an EEO/Affirmative Action perspective.
- Positive - Our previously heavily administrative offer letter creation process was eliminated with the ability to generate offers based on multiple templates from the system.
- Positive - The reporting features have allowed a greater insight into applicant trends.
- Negative - we spent too much time and resources on different integrations
There is almost no comparison between Taleo Business Edition and iCIMS. iCIMS has a better product, that provides easier self service and a better support team when dealing with issues. Our biggest reason for leaving Taleo was because the support availability had become so poor. In order to have anything changed or addressed you had to call in, describe the issue, then it was ranked, and someone called you back in 1-5 business days. Any issue with iCIMS is typically handled on the first phone call. The more attentive customer service was the primary reason we made a switch.
For any mid-size to large size company iCIMS would be appropriate. You want to make sure to evaluate your future needs because anything that is not included in your initial set-up quote or agreement can add significant cost as you progress through the implementation process. I would ask the sales person for a list of all incremental charges you could face in the future and determine if these may be a part of your needs. If so, negotiate those as part of your original agreement.
Using iCIMS Talent Acquisition Software Suite
I would say that we are very likely to renew with iCIMS. They seem to continuously be improving their product based on the feedback from their clients. In addition, the thought have having to go through another implementation of this level is daunting and as long as the software continues to meet the business needs of the company and provides the appropriate level of support we will most likely stay. Costs regarding future renewals will also impact this decision and if necessary we will go to market to evaluate other options.
We never experience outages that impact our usage. I also can't remember any recent time where there has been an error within the system that has prevented us from using the application as needed on a regular basis. If there are ever any issues, iCIMS has a customer service department that is very easy to reach.