Overall Satisfaction with InsideView
InsideView is currently being used company-wide to help with data insights & triggers. We use InsideView to find reasons to reach out to companies and to better understand what is going on within the organization. Additionally, I'll often use InsideView to understand the company's hierarchy, alongside better understanding the industry challenges.
- Industry Challenges: A succinct list of challenges & factors within the industry.
- Company News: An aggregate of relevant news within the company.
- Company Hierarchy: Understanding which sub-accounts are owned.
- Company Financials: Total revenue.
- Contact Info: Updated direct mobile numbers.
- Search Filters: Filtering ("Agents") could be more accurate to remove irrelevant info.
- Non-Financial News: Adding additional company news (non-finance related).
- Ramp Time: Ability to quickly ramp a rep to understand an industry.
- QBR: Info gathering to do account overviews.
- Social Selling: Finding account triggers for reasons to reach out.
Data.com is being phased out, and InsideView has been chosen as a recommended alternative for updating CRM data and company information. InsideView is best in class for data aggregation, specifically for account-based marketing purposes. At both companies where I've used InsideView, we've also used ZoomInfo to find contact information such as emails and phone numbers. The platforms go well hand-in-hand as they both serve different purposes.
I'd recommend using InsideView for a couple of specific use cases:
1) Account Based Marketing & Social Selling: Finding relevant company news and triggers as reasons to reach out. Additionally, if you're looking to better understand your prospective company, it's easy to quickly find information on the challenges within the company, supply chain, industry, etc.
2) CRM Data: InsideView's ability to integrate with Salesforce and automatically update account data can be useful to a company that is looking for company revenue, employee count, industry, etc to be regularly updated.
The area which I'm unable to strongly recommend InsideView is for contact information. If you're looking for a complete list of contacts with direct phone numbers, then InsideView might not be the best option. This is something the company has said they're working on, but it's not industry-leading like the news & data aggregate portion of their platform is.