ZoomInfo Reviews

Terri Kennedy | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 23, 2020

ZoomInfo provides up-to-date contact information

ZoomInfo is being used within our sales organization. It provides us with an in-depth tool to research our customer base. We are able to export the information directly into Outreach, our CRM, or into an Excel spreadsheet to work with. We are able to connect with more up to date contacts than ever before.
  • Current information on contacts.
  • Easy to use filters.
  • When I click on an industry, I wish it would just list the companies.
I have been very satisfied with the information I have downloaded from ZoomInfo. I have been able to create email lists for new prospects due to its help.
Read Terri Kennedy's full review
Katie Carlson | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 10, 2020

ZoomInfo - Highly Recommend!

Our executive sales team uses ZoomInfo to build lists, find more information about companies we're looking to partner with, and help us to identify the proper contacts/teams to work with. It saves me time while prospecting while helping to ensure I'm reaching the most appropriate companies and contacts. I am a huge fan, and there are so many features I don't have the time to use. Highly recommend.
  • Easy to search for the data you're looking for (i.e. company information, contact information, groupings of similar companies, etc.).
  • Great customer support. I've only had an issue maybe once or twice, and each time the issue was resolved promptly.
  • Sometimes there is company or contact information that can be inaccurate, but I almost always have enough information to get me to my next step.
  • I wish there was more insight on smaller companies sometimes, but I understand why this information is more difficult to identify/populate.
ZoomInfo is great for companies looking to add another great tool to your sales, marketing, and potentially data team's arsenal. That said, if you're looking for clients that are startups, are small businesses (less than 10M in revenue, less than 10 employees, etc.) - it may not be the best fit for now.
Read Katie Carlson's full review
Lucas Armstrong | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 17, 2020

If you are seeking fresh contacts to increase prospecting efforts look into ZoomInfo

ZoomInfo is being used by all of our sales teams. We use it to find and manage contacts within accounts. ZoomInfo also allows us to maintain updated addresses. We have ZoomInfo connected to our CRM for ease of use. Sales reps can search and add single contacts or bulk upload new contacts.
  • Updated contacts.
  • Ease of adding contacts to CRM.
  • Monthly mass uploads of new contacts.
  • The actual ZoomInfo browser could make uploading contacts easier.
  • Better filters to find when a contact started.
ZoomInfo is a great option for sales folks that are trying to prospect into new accounts or expand relationships within accounts. The ability to pull in new contacts has been a huge boost to productivity and prospecting efforts. If your team isn't looking to track down contacts it would not be much worthwhile.
Read Lucas Armstrong's full review
Patrick Cormier | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 05, 2019

ZoomInfo, pretty, pretty good!

ZoomInfo is being used daily by our organization. The teams that currently use Zoom Info are our sales development reps, account executives, account managers, and the customer success team. All of these teams are sales focused. From the time a new lead comes in, ZoomInfo is used for data improvement and appending. It provides contact information, industry and address information which is crucial to our sales processes.
  • Provides Great Contact Information.
  • Industry information is crucial for our SDR team that cover specific verticals.
  • Ability to import new accounts using browser extension.
  • Employee range information seems to differ from LinkedIn frequently.
  • The browser extension is a bit bulky.
  • Job titles could use more frequent updating.
ZoomInfo is well suited to provide any additional necessary company and people information that a sales team would need in order to be successful. It should not be treated as an end all be all when assigning leads or moving prospects through the pipeline. Some additional due diligence should be expected to make sure things are correct.
Read Patrick Cormier's full review
Maian Tran | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 17, 2020

ZoomInfo Pros and Cons

It's used across the Revenue Team and Marketing Team for the business development reps. We use it to prioritize account lists and multiple lines of prospecting (phone, email, etc.).
  • I have more access to phone numbers than I used to.
  • The tool itself is quite fast.
  • Some contact information is out of date. I would say like 20% of the time the person isn't at that same job or has a different title
  • Our plan is only limited to 25 exports at a time.
If your team is moving to a more call-heavy approach, it's a good tool for that. However, it lacks the ability to find prospects using good filters and the information is far from perfect.
Read Maian Tran's full review
Nick Flory | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 04, 2020

Zoom Into Pipeline Generation with ZoomInfo

This is used as a complement to our prospecting game & pipeline generation. We identify target audience through other methods (social media, conferences, open-source users, etc.) cross-reference this with ZoomInfo contact details, as well as laddering up in organizations. :) This tool is super helpful for our Biz Dev, Sales, and Marketing teams.
  • ZoomInfo supplies Org Charts, which are good for laddering up to Dirac, VPs, and C level.
  • Provides the ability to filter by desired contact info (biz email, direct phone, etc.).
  • Boolean (logic) searches within organizations.
  • Add the ability to select multiple tag lists at once for viewing.
Well Suited Scenarios:
- Targeted Email & cold calling campaigns.
- Strategic Pipeline generation.
- Laddering up.
- Becoming multi-threaded in Accounts.

Less Appropriate:
- Email blasting.

Read Nick Flory's full review
Patty Mae Angeles | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 27, 2020

Sales teams at early start-ups are able to hit the ground running with ZoomInfo

We're using it across the sales organization, including inside reps and strategic account executives, and our growth marketing manager. This is a single-source of creating contacts and accounts. We wouldn't have an active sales database without it! When it comes to populating and building lists for marketing initiatives such as webinars, events, lead-generation - all of it is done with ZoomInfo, and for sales, all of our outreach and targeting is done through ZoomInfo alone.
  • List building.
  • Filtering contacts/accounts.
  • Fortune 5000 accounts.
ZoomInfo is a powerful tool for:
  • List building
  • Verified contacts/account information
  • Populating lists for marketing initiatives; ie. events, webinars, drip campaigns
  • Building a sales database
Read Patty Mae Angeles's full review
Aliyah Lofton | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 25, 2020

ZoomInfo is AWESOME

ZoomInfo is being used by my sales department; we moved from Hoovers to ZoomInfo, and it's been very helpful to find the right leads in the correct positions and have accurate information.
  • Provides accurate Info 98% of the time.
  • Great lists.
  • Not being able to search by timezone.
  • Not being able to search for companies that have HQ in Canada and a location in the US (for example).
ZoomInfo has really helped my team find more useful and accurate names and info.
Read Aliyah Lofton's full review
Dean Rutter | TrustRadius Reviewer

New ZoomInfo User Review

We have been a DiscoverOrg customer and just started with the combination of ZoomInfo+DO. I love the expanded number of contacts, cleaner interface and added features of the platform. I am still learning how to get the most out of the platform but have over the past few weeks, concluded that this is going to be a meaningful improvement over the DO database/toolset.
  • Pull contacts' email and phone.
  • Build email target list by level and position.
  • Smaller company contacts.
  • Some hierarchies need work.
ZoomInfo is good for prospecting and verifying prospect information, refreshing/updating stale Salesforce data, integration with Salesforce, and eliminating the need to create an uploadable .csv file.
Read Dean Rutter's full review
Craig Lipscomb | TrustRadius Reviewer

ZoomInfo Data Compilation

ZoomInfo is being used to help manage the hierarchy of our customers and to manage the buyer-seller ratio to best accommodate our professional relationships. When additional support is needed and responsibility needs to be delegated accordingly, we're able to respond in a timely manner. ZoomInfo also helps us best strategize which companies fit the demographic for our prospecting as well.
  • Organizing information on who can best benefit from a professional relationship.
  • Data Efficiency in finding what's needed in the fewest possible clicks.
We needed to quickly identify all of the employees in a particular role with a company after establishing a new professional relationship and ZoomInfo was able to pull that information and make it readily available to our sales teams in the same day. It was awesome and we like having the ability to have software able to quickly help identify partnerships.
Read Craig Lipscomb's full review
Leo Woods | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 21, 2020

ZoomInfo is Still a Top Product!

We use ZoomInfo to source leads for our conference programs. The data it provides is quite accurate most of the time, and its searching capabilities helps us to find people within organizations that are sometimes not present in other corporate search databases. It offers a variety of click / dial features and lets us cut / paste information easily into other formats. All factions of our organization use this service.
  • Accuracy of information is as good, or better than others.
  • Displaying "all" records within a company.
  • Seems that it is not always as current as some of their competitors.
  • Would be nice if it synced up with the CRM service I use.
ZoomInfo is a perfect service to use when you need to find additional employees within an organization. The big competitor in the space is reliant on employees creating a profile. Because of that, ZoomInfo often has more entries for any given company. It is also nice with regard to how they present the data: Direct - Mobile - Email - number of employees - company revenues - etc...
Read Leo Woods's full review
Samantha Juett | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

ZoomInfo for Prospecting!

It is used in Sales by Sales Development Reps and Account Executives to find prospects, find accounts, and find contact information about prospects. It is a great too for account mapping and building pipeline. Most useful for finding contact information once you know a prospect's name. I use ZoomInfo almost daily.
  • Accurate contact information about people
  • Provides detailed insights about a company (departments)
  • Sometimes the integration in Salesforce does not work properly
  • Certain contact information is outdated and no longer accurate
Well suited to find people that work at a particular company and their contact information. Great for sales people. Not sure what other departments would use it.
Read Samantha Juett's full review
Renee Siems | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 16, 2020

Super Efficient and Comprehensive Data Searches

In my business development role, I search for C-suite Finance contacts and their direct dials and email info. I've found the content to be very accurate and comprehensive which has eliminated unnecessary, time-consuming, and many times, inaccurate searches via the internet, LinkedIn, etc.
  • Contact direct dial`
  • Contact title
  • Would like the organizational charts to be included in the basic Zoom subscription.
  • I'd like to set default search criteria rather than having to set it each time.
It's very easy to use and has comprehensive information for C-Suite Finance contacts—their direct dial and email information. It's also convenient to search for a company by industry, location, or revenue.
Read Renee Siems's full review
Brian Wiese | TrustRadius Reviewer

ZoomInfo: Helping Find the Right Leads

ZoomInfo is currently being used by our company in three different departments including sales, marketing, and vendor enrollment. Marketing uses ZoomInfo to find the best companies and leads to do outreach to while casting a wide net. Sales utilizes ZoomInfo to target specific accounts and personas within those accounts to create the largest impact. Vendor enrollment uses ZoomInfo to find the most accurate vendor contact info to help get the different vendors signed up.
  • ZoomInfo has had the most accurate contact info of the different systems I've used.
  • ZoomInfo's search accounts by domain function makes searching easy.
  • ZoomInfo maps well to Salesforce, but not perfectly.
  • ZoomInfo is the most accurate database I have used, but it still has old contacts sometimes.
ZoomInfo is fantastic for lead generation activities in sales and marketing for mid-market to enterprise accounts. The contact information and general company information are seemingly always accurate with the exception of some old emails and phone numbers. ZoomInfo is not as well suited for going after small business accounts around 500 and under.
Read Brian Wiese's full review
Fraser Murphy | TrustRadius Reviewer

ZoomInfo - The fastest prospecting tool out there

ZoomInfo is solely used by our sales department currently. We have a number of different users who use it slightly differently (Business development researchers and SDRS). The research subteam gets the most value out of the tool as it allows them to very quickly find and enrich accounts with contact information. It also allows them to quickly build up lists of potential companies to contact as the tool has a very nice search and filter feature where you can match existing customer profiles with other companies who meet the same criteria.

SDRs use ZoomInfo to acquire contact information, especially if they don't work with the researchers.
  • Finding correct contacts and their job title
  • Matching company profiles to make it easier to find “best fit” companies
  • The chrome extension can be slow
  • Increasing the range of search and company match criteria further would be good - not flexible enough currently
ZoomInfo is very well suited for its purpose. I wouldn't say that there is a scenario where we want to use it but are unable. The only thing that would be nice is to have a greater range of search criteria. But, they do seem to be doing a good job of adding that. They recently added the ability to filter based on what funding round the company has achieved.

Well suited for:
  • Quickly and efficiently finding useful contacts within a company
  • Exporting their information to Salesforce
  • Finding contact email and phone numbers
  • Generating lists of potentially good fit companies
Read Fraser Murphy's full review
Himanshu Taneja | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 09, 2020

ZoomInfo: Better results, better reachout, better findings

Our Sourcing Department is using ZoomInfo to find the right talent/candidates for our client. It is a very helpful tool to find talent—outside of LinkedIn—where you can find their email and phone numbers to reach them.
  • You can get direct phone/email for 95% of contacts.
  • You can find talent you don't find on other resources.
  • ZoomInfo needs to provide data from other countries as well such as India, Germany, China, etc.
  • Sometimes ZoomInfo's speed gets too slow. Please improve it.
If you want to reach out to people directly by phone/email, ZoomInfo is the right tool. If you want to check companies by industry, use ZoomInfo.
Read Himanshu Taneja's full review
Leo Fernandez | TrustRadius Reviewer

ZoomInfo: Save Time Researching Customers

ZoomInfo is being used across the sales organization as a "source of truth" for business intelligence. When researching prospective or existing customers, it's hard to find all of the information you need in just one tool. ZoomInfo's intuitive UI makes that possible.
  • The Org Chart function makes it easy to see who you should be targeting/involving in a sales process.
  • The Technologies function gives you insight into tools being used that complement or compete with the solution you're trying to sell.
  • n/a. I feel like I need to learn more about ZoomInfo's additional capabilities to leverage it for full impact on my day-to-day prospecting, selling strategy, etc.
I believe I'm using ZoomInfo for what it's best suited for: to gather information on prospective customers I'm targeting as part of an overall Enterprise sales strategy. However, it is not a social media tool or a way to communicate directly with your clients.
Read Leo Fernandez's full review
Cleve Shirley | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 09, 2020

ZoomInfo has been very helpful

I am using ZoomInfo to identify target accounts and personnel to connect with. I try to identify up to 100 new accounts per month and the ability to access reliable data on employee information with contact info, along with Linkedin links is priceless. Our company uses Salesforce and the integration with ZoomInfo is a huge time saver and great for keeping things organized.
  • Org charts
  • Social media links
  • Framing in Salesforce
  • Changing departments in org charts (it locks up in SF)
My use is fairly narrow, but in my day to day use, I find ZoomInfo extremely valuable. My use centers around researching companies in verticals and looking to see if their technology is consistent with our target clients and then utilizing org charts to facilitate outreach.
Read Cleve Shirley's full review
Jeremy Peters | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 09, 2020

Better than most options, but far from perfect

We use ZoomInfo across the sales and marketing teams. It allows us to find the contacts we need, as we need them, within Salesforce. There are functionalities that aren’t fully built out yet, that will someday be awesome. But if you’re looking for a finished product (no such thing in software) then, this tool will fall short.
  • Salesforce Importing
  • Easy to Use
  • Mobile number import
  • Contacts < 1 year in role
Salesforce environments, teams with no sales ops leads, or startups with DIY work environments are well-suited. However, this tool is not well-suited for enterprise environments or marketing teams looking for accurate/reliable contact data out of the box. This data is on average about 70% accurate, and requires blending/modeling with other data sources.
Read Jeremy Peters's full review
Mackenzie Bannister | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 09, 2020

ZoomInfo - Great numbers, good names/emails, and worth the money if you're targeting bigger companies.

We use ZoomInfo for sales and marketing purposes to learn the identities of decision-makers at companies that we want to work with.
  • User-friendly interface
  • Relevant supplemental material
  • A surprising amount of emails bounce, considering their "never bounce" promise
  • Several small companies aren't even in their database, which is unfortunate as that's our main target audience
ZoomInfo is great for lead generation and giving you the right number to call. As for the right name and/or email, it's still more dependable than other databases but maybe not $10,000/year worth, especially if you're a small business looking for other small businesses.
Read Mackenzie Bannister's full review
Chris Callaway | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 09, 2020

Worth the price if you're willing to use it

We are a small organization, so ZoomInfo allows us to use our time efficiently to reach out to many different prospective clients, whether it is reaching out to businesses for ticket sales, sponsorships, group sales or whatever else we may need. We use it as a great way to reach out initially, and then follow up with an in-person drop-in if applicable.
  • Broad range of information available
  • Accurate information
  • The search feature can be a tad clunky, but "saved search" helps out there
  • The initial cost is high
I would definitely recommend the functionality of ZoomInfo, if you can get over the high initial start-up cost. The business directory that ZoomInfo has is vast and, for the most part, accurate, which helps allow our business to reach out to many business efficiently. It's also useful to help find business close to us that we may not be familiar with, as well as expand our reach to grow our business radius.
Read Chris Callaway's full review
Jace Anderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 09, 2020

ZoomInfo is definitely a category leader

Used by the sales, marketing and partnership departments to identify contacts within target organizations. Most heavily used by the account based marketing team to filter prospective companies based on their industry, technology stack, location, employee count and revenue numbers. It truly helps connect with the contacts within these companies by uncovering more direct lines and emails than any other platform.
  • The direct phone lines are usually pretty spot on
  • The organization charts are handy for our ABM team
  • The search feature could be greatly improved
  • The ability to see other colleagues "Tagged" contacts is necessary
ZoomInfo is great when in the ABM sense, when you have highly targeted parameters for companies you are targeting. It quickly identifies these companies and makes it easy to search by the desired characteristics. However, if you are doing bulk outreach, the data, emails, information, often has to be double checked which can make this time consuming.
Read Jace Anderson's full review
Daniel Knigge | TrustRadius Reviewer

Simplifying the prospecting challenges

We are using ZoomInfo in my department as a prospecting tool, to find the best individuals in an organization to contact. It's been a great addition to our department to locate, and contact the proper individuals that work with vendor management within their organization.

Resolved the problem of not being able to find the decision makers within the organization, and time spent looking for the correct information.
  • Accurate company information
  • Accurate phone numbers and contact information for individuals in a company
  • Feel it meets the needs of my position.
Provides great information, and very helpful. Not all companies have a full list of individuals, but understand ZoomInfo is only limited to what a company can provide.
Read Daniel Knigge's full review
Kevin Mills | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 09, 2020

ZoomInfo Review for Companies that need to Grow! GET IT.

We are growing our database with new contacts. We are trying to grow our cloud business and gaining updated contact information is key. We have a marketing campaign using SalesForce Engage to send Intent Topic emails to key people. Goal is to be "Johnny On the Spot" and nail the timing with good information to interested companies.
  • Searchability by size, location, title
  • Intent Topics that are relevant
  • 90% accurate, but not 100% accurate
  • Intent topics are helpful but we never know who was doing the searching
We are assigning 5 companies to each rep to call on. We identify these companies by Surging Intent Topic - like Backup Software. We then provide each rep with a few contacts and assign a SFDC task for them to start prospecting towards them. We have generated 10 emails using SFDC Engage for our reps to send Intent Topic specific emails. Everything is automated and works well.
Read Kevin Mills's full review
Alexa Terry | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 26, 2019

ZoomInfo, if you want good data

ZoomInfo was being used by my previous organization for lead generation. We would use ZoomInfo to supplement information (or to confirm information) that was generated by Sales Navigator on LinkedIn. We also used it to pull lists of Small Market Business, Mid Market Business and of course Enterprise Businesses. Mostly, as an SDR, once I found a company I wanted to pursue I would use ZoomInfo to find phone numbers and emails of prospects.
  • Sometimes it can find personal numbers/extensions, but if not it can find business numbers!
  • Really great accuracy for finding emails of prospects.
  • Can create lists based on region, company, size of company, revenue (as long as it's public), etc.
  • Some data is old - they should allow you to "earn credits" for confirming information available on there and vice versa for bad information.
  • ZoomInfo is quite expensive for licenses for your whole team, and then you have a limited number of credits. Seems redundant for pricing.
It's great for a sales development representative or account executive looking to find leads and put them into a cadence. ZoomInfo also speaks to your CRM or sales tools (for us at the time it was Outreach) to log correct information for when you go to follow-up with them. I would say it's not as applicable of a tool if you're not external/customer facing. Not sure what you would need it for!
Read Alexa Terry's full review

Advanced search (273)
Identification of new leads (255)
List quality (267)
List upload/download (239)
Ideal customer targeting (253)
Load time/data access (261)
Contact information (275)
Company information (271)
Industry information (256)
Lead qualification process (52)
Smart lists and recommendations (52)
Salesforce integration (177)
Company/business profiles (253)
Alerts and reminders (111)
Data hygiene (238)
Automatic data refresh (204)
Tags (137)
Filters and segmentation (244)
Sales email templates (75)
Append emails to records (25)
5.9

About ZoomInfo

ZoomInfo powered by DiscoverOrg combines a comprehensive business database with technology to fuel a go-to-market strategy from start to finish, and provide an accurate, 360-degree view of customers, prospects, and opportunities. With features and integrations incorporated into your workflows, the company is on a mission to deliver more leads for sales and marketing, with more closed deals, more efficiency for operations, and more control for leadership.

ZoomInfo Features

Prospecting Features
Has featureAdvanced search
Has featureWeb browser extension
Has featureIdentification of new leads
Has featureList quality
Has featureEmail contacts
Has featureDirect dial contacts
Has featureList upload/download
Has featureIdeal customer targeting
Does not have featureLinkedIn integration
Does not have featureData.com integration
Has featureLoad time/data access
Does not have featureReverse IP lookup
Sales Intelligence Data Standards Features
Has featureContact information
Has featureCompany information
Has featureIndustry information
Data Augmentation & Lead Qualification Features
Does not have featureLead qualification process
Does not have featureSmart lists and recommendations
Has featureSalesforce integration
Has featureTags
Has featureFilters and segmentation
Does not have featureNotes
Has featureSalesforce opportunity creation
Has featureAbility to append contact, lead, and account level data
Sales Intelligence Email Features Features
Does not have featureAutomated initial emails
Has featureSales email templates
Does not have featureSales landing pages
Does not have featureEngagement tracking
Does not have featureAppend emails to records
Does not have featureGmail integration
Has featureExchange integration
Has featureMarketing automation integration

ZoomInfo Competitors

Data.com, InsideView, Hoover's (Legacy)

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes