ZoomInfo Reviews

TrustRadius TRUE BadgeTrustRadius Top Rated for 2020

Terry Lesyk | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 26, 2020

ZoomInfo makes life easier in sales

We use ZoomInfo throughout sales and marketing. ZoomInfo allows us to have the information we need to effectively prospect and grow relationships without wasting time tracking down phone numbers or emails. It allows us to have valuable information on our prospects and also information on companies within a targeted industry.
  • Information gathering
  • Contact database
  • Interfaces can be more intuitive
  • At times can be buggy
Well suited for sales prospecting, marketing, exploring new opportunities with current accounts.
Read Terry Lesyk's full review
Caleb Billesbach | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 26, 2020

Great source for up-to-date leads!

We use ZoomInfo across our whole organization. It has allowed us to stay up to date with contacts across companies that we had previously struggled connecting with!
  • Up-to-date contact information
  • Detailed hierarchy of contacts within a company
  • Locations of businesses
  • User support
  • Quick search
  • Consistent Accuracy
While searching within a company, sometimes it is a struggle to best past the gatekeeper. We use ZoomInfo often to provide names of individuals within the company to show credibility to reach the correct person.
Read Caleb Billesbach's full review
Joshua Partyka | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 25, 2020

Essential for prospecting and finding new contacts

ZoomInfo is being used for prospecting by our sales team. It really helps in finding the appropriate contacts to reach out to at a company.
  • Gathers useful information on a prospect or company.
  • Interface is clean and easy to maneuver.
  • I love how it is integrated with Salesforce and Linkedin.
  • When a company's HQ is outside of the US, it does not allow me to transfer the contact to Salesforce as a lead. I'm not sure if there is a way around this, but I then have to enter the lead manually on Salesforce, which takes more time.
I've already recommended ZoomInfo to my Sales Manager at my previous company. I wish I had it with all my previous sales jobs.
Read Joshua Partyka's full review
Sean Mir | TrustRadius Reviewer

ZoomInfo is Priceless

ZoomInfo is being utilized across our Business Development team to locate new prospects and also confirm current employment status of employees. I also utilize it to uncover news about companies in the Scoops section. ZoomInfo is a vital tool for my prospecting efforts, as it provides me with contact information of employees across several departments. I really enjoy being able to navigate through a company's employee base by department and uncover roles that I may have not thought to contact.
  • Prospecting
  • Contact information
  • Validating
  • Updated contact information.
  • Updated company insight.
  • Notifying us when there is movement between roles or when people leave the company.
I think ZoomInfo is priceless. The amount of value it brings is hard to measure, as you never know what deal or contact you can make by locating someone on Zoom. I utilize Zoom for my role as a BDR and also in my personal life and business. I use Zoom on a daily basis to connect with employees across different finance departments and production teams.
Read Sean Mir's full review
Andrew Gale | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 25, 2020

ZoomInfo is one of the most essential sales tools thus far in my career as a BDR.

It is used by the entire sales organization. It addresses the problem of finding contact information for accounts. ZoomInfo is a massive database and very reliable for both emails and phone numbers. That is how we use it primarily. It can also be great for looking into the technologies that a company is using, which can be very important in the tech space when one's technology complements another. ZoomInfo is the best that I have seen thus far for finding phone numbers. In a sales org within tech, it is basically essential.
  • ZoomInfo has an ease of use that is unparalleled in my opinion. They recently revamped their UI and it looks great and everything is very straight forward. They also offer detailed instructions for new users.
  • Their phone numbers and emails listed are very reliable, I use it as my source of truth because the tool we use to complement it isn't as reliable.
  • ZoomInfo basically contains every company you can imagine.
  • I have zero complaints in regards to Zoominfo. No database is perfect, but this is the most reliable I have ever used.
If you have a sales organization that is outbounding, you absolutely need a database. So far, 2/3 organizations I have worked for have used ZoomInfo. The one that didn't could probably have used it, as the phone number aspect is crucial, especially with COVID. ZoomInfo is the best source of phone numbers that I have heard of.
Read Andrew Gale's full review
Tiffany Karabin | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 24, 2020

Very useful software for sales people!

My company subscribed to ZoomInfo just over a month ago and I've been using it almost daily to see how my customers structure their organizations. I also look up contact info when I was provided with either no info or bad info. I find it very handy to equip myself with knowledge about certain organizations before I call them up.
  • The contact info for people is pretty great.
  • I love the company info so I can get the backstory.
  • Organizational charts for companies.
  • Searching for specific job titles in the company doesn't always show everyone with that title.
  • Not all organization charts are there for every company.
It is perfect to find the missing info about people to get in contact with them directly and to see information about the company that you can use to break the ice. It is not appropriate when you are looking for info on smaller companies, they probably are not in there.
Read Tiffany Karabin's full review
Jordan Harnum | TrustRadius Reviewer

ZoomInfo: Would recommend

We use ZoomInfo to find prospect phone numbers and emails. We also use it for the org charts and the ZoomInfo scoops—those are very good. It is used only by the Sales department. It is great for phone numbers and for scoops.
  • Phone numbers: plentiful and accurate.
  • ZoomInfo scoops are great insight and they send emails every week.
  • Org charts are accurate.
  • Some HQ phone numbers get mixed in with personal phone numbers.
Well suited for contact information, org charts, and inside scoops. Not as well suited for company information gathering.
Read Jordan Harnum's full review
Justin Lowell | TrustRadius Reviewer

ZoomInfo: Best tool for contact info & marketable insights

We use ZoomInfo to identify companies who would benefit from the services we offer and to reach stakeholders at these companies. We use it across the Sales team to get current contact information, as well as tech stack data to determine likely fits where we know we can drive value. The new Chrome extension is amazing—the coolest plugin I've seen in a while.
  • Current, accurate contact information.
  • Scoop and news info in the same place helps start relevant conversations with insight.
  • Easy, smooth integration with Salesforce (plus an awesome Chrome extension).
  • I'd like to be able to export tech stack data.
  • I'd love to be able to sync this with my LinkedIn Sales Nav Account to reduce the manual burden of re-creating target Accounts in both systems.
ZoomInfo is great for navigating prospective companies and determining, based on their profiles, how you can provide marketable insight. It also allows for quick, easy access to org charts and up-to-date contact info, making it relatively easy to reach the folks you want to connect with.
Read Justin Lowell's full review
Jeremy Schmerer | TrustRadius Reviewer

Zoom info

It is being used by our Sales team as a prospecting tool to help us be faster and more efficient when it comes to locating the right contacts at a wide range of organizations. This is very time-consuming work and ZoomInfo provides a lot of value by giving contact information for our targets.
  • Provides contact info for difficult to reach prospects.
  • User-friendly
  • Syncs well with other systems.
  • How often it is updated.
  • Perhaps simplifying the search query options, there are many that I don’t use.
  • Perhaps more ability to sort the contacts that come up in a search.
We use it rather singularly for lead generation. We find it to be a great tool for data collection and account development of leads at prospective company targets. It saves a tremendous amount of time for those job functions where prospecting is a part of their role. Great for junior and mid level salespeople!
Read Jeremy Schmerer's full review
Cameron Davis | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 16, 2020

Data quality: good. Usability: bad.

We use Zoominfo for our own marketing and on behalf of our clients.
  • Seems to have more contact points than other platforms (personal emails, cell phones).
  • Management hierarchy display is somewhat helpful.
  • NAICS/SIC filter options are nice... if...
  • Intent feature is very cool.
  • The boolean logic is terrible and extremely confusing to enter a "not" command.
  • LinkedIn URL's require an email to support to append an exported file.
  • Because of the (lack of) boolean logic, the platform requires a lot of downloading of preview files, scrubbing and then re-uploading a file and again - exporting it to get a clean contact list.
  • Depending on the export type (companies, contacts, intent), the CSV file formats (column headers) are different for each export.
The one thing ZI has going for it is the data quality itself... if you can actually narrow your search correctly, the accuracy and number of contact points is pretty good.

The biggest drawback - singularly - is usability. It is extremely complicated to use any boolean logic. The general logic is also skewed in that the combination of some filters equal "this + that" and others are "where this and that intersect" and there is no obvious way to identify or control that without a lot of trial and error. (The solution would be to build in boolean features at the platform level rather than the search level. Meaning, for instance, if I enter a job function in ("c-suite") and want to exclude CFO's, similar to the include "Job Title" field, why not make an exclude field? Would be so much easier than figuring out all the "add a positive so that you can create a negative" that is the current process.)

The NAICS/SIC filters are nice except that there doesn't seem to be a lot of effort in maintaining or updating those codes. You're better off searching by company or industry keywords than relying on these codes... you'll get a bigger pool to start with.

Finally - the LinkedIn append process is time-consuming. Seems like such an easy thing to be able to export. If ZI would commit their developers to including this in a contact export, it would save tons of man-hours (and dollars) in customer support with their team manually appending files... and make your clients happier in NOT having to wait 3 days to get a file back.
Read Cameron Davis's full review
Terri Kennedy | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 23, 2020

ZoomInfo provides up-to-date contact information

ZoomInfo is being used within our sales organization. It provides us with an in-depth tool to research our customer base. We are able to export the information directly into Outreach, our CRM, or into an Excel spreadsheet to work with. We are able to connect with more up to date contacts than ever before.
  • Current information on contacts.
  • Easy to use filters.
  • When I click on an industry, I wish it would just list the companies.
I have been very satisfied with the information I have downloaded from ZoomInfo. I have been able to create email lists for new prospects due to its help.
Read Terri Kennedy's full review
Maian Tran | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 06, 2020

ZoomInfo Pros and Cons

It's used across the Revenue Team and Marketing Team for the business development reps. We use it to prioritize account lists and multiple lines of prospecting (phone, email, etc.).
  • I have more access to phone numbers than I used to.
  • The tool itself is quite fast.
  • Some contact information is out of date. I would say like 20% of the time the person isn't at that same job or has a different title
If your team is moving to a more call-heavy approach, it's a good tool for that. However, it lacks the ability to find prospects using good filters and the information is far from perfect.
Read Maian Tran's full review
Katie Carlson | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 10, 2020

ZoomInfo - Highly Recommend!

Our executive sales team uses ZoomInfo to build lists, find more information about companies we're looking to partner with, and help us to identify the proper contacts/teams to work with. It saves me time while prospecting while helping to ensure I'm reaching the most appropriate companies and contacts. I am a huge fan, and there are so many features I don't have the time to use. Highly recommend.
  • Easy to search for the data you're looking for (i.e. company information, contact information, groupings of similar companies, etc.).
  • Great customer support. I've only had an issue maybe once or twice, and each time the issue was resolved promptly.
  • Sometimes there is company or contact information that can be inaccurate, but I almost always have enough information to get me to my next step.
  • I wish there was more insight on smaller companies sometimes, but I understand why this information is more difficult to identify/populate.
ZoomInfo is great for companies looking to add another great tool to your sales, marketing, and potentially data team's arsenal. That said, if you're looking for clients that are startups, are small businesses (less than 10M in revenue, less than 10 employees, etc.) - it may not be the best fit for now.
Read Katie Carlson's full review
John Dooley | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 03, 2020

ZoomInfo BDR review

It is used throughout the business development team here at Mavenlink. It is a really good tool for prospecting and outreach, as it has extremely accurate data. Prior to ZoomInfo, it was difficult collecting accurate data for each individual prospect. Often times, our past tool would give us faulty information.
  • Collection of accurate data
  • Organization Tree is an awesome feature.
  • Seemless integration with our sales enablement tool.
  • Workflow can be slow at times.
  • Quicker up-to-date prospect profiles (Ex. prospect's employer is out of date).
  • Sometimes crashes.
Out of all the tools I have used, ZoomInfo is the best lead generation tool. If you want to be confident in the data your tool is providing, ZoomInfo is your tool. As a BDR, it has been very resourceful and vital to my outreach. I could not do my job without it.
Read John Dooley's full review
Lucas Armstrong | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 17, 2020

If you are seeking fresh contacts to increase prospecting efforts look into ZoomInfo

ZoomInfo is being used by all of our sales teams. We use it to find and manage contacts within accounts. ZoomInfo also allows us to maintain updated addresses. We have ZoomInfo connected to our CRM for ease of use. Sales reps can search and add single contacts or bulk upload new contacts.
  • Updated contacts.
  • Ease of adding contacts to CRM.
  • Monthly mass uploads of new contacts.
  • The actual ZoomInfo browser could make uploading contacts easier.
  • Better filters to find when a contact started.
ZoomInfo is a great option for sales folks that are trying to prospect into new accounts or expand relationships within accounts. The ability to pull in new contacts has been a huge boost to productivity and prospecting efforts. If your team isn't looking to track down contacts it would not be much worthwhile.
Read Lucas Armstrong's full review
Brandon Barnes | TrustRadius Reviewer

ZoomInfo Works Well

Used across the Sales department, succeeds in helping us find accurate contact information. It addresses the problem of having a lack of contacts at new companies that we're prospecting into. With ZoomInfo, it's much easier to find correct personas to call.
  • Easy to search for contacts
  • Detailed contact information
  • Simple export functions
  • Segments of companies could be more stringent.
  • Filters can be redundant, ineffective.
Perfect for business development reps looking to expand into new territories or companies.
Read Brandon Barnes's full review
Daniel Orr | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 24, 2020

ZoomInfo is great for all salespeople, quick list building!

We use ZoomInfo to understand the markets we serve and to build out contact lists for Sales outreach. It helps us quickly run reports and process large quantities of data to make smart selling decisions.
  • High Volume of Data
  • Direct Phone Numbers to Key Prospects
  • Intent and Scoop Information
  • Some Contacts are out of date
  • Some phone numbers are to customer service lines
ZoomInfo is great if you are looking to build territories, and sales targets at the company and contact levels.
Read Daniel Orr's full review
Karen Forester | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 23, 2020

ZoomInfo Review

We use ZoomInfo for our entire sales force. It helps us find new contacts within our existing accounts, find new companies we are not currently doing business with as well as secure accurate email addresses and phone numbers.
  • Scoops.
  • Accurate Direct Phone Numbers.
  • Accurate Titles.
  • Make Lists, MatchLists easier to use.
  • Cross reference with CRM to find all companies in zip codes that are not in our Database.
  • Searchable quick help with step by step short videos.
Very well suited in helping to find new contacts within existing customers. Harder to find new logos.
Read Karen Forester's full review
Nick Flory | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 04, 2020

Zoom Into Pipeline Generation with ZoomInfo

This is used as a complement to our prospecting game & pipeline generation. We identify target audience through other methods (social media, conferences, open-source users, etc.) cross-reference this with ZoomInfo contact details, as well as laddering up in organizations. :) This tool is super helpful for our Biz Dev, Sales, and Marketing teams.
  • ZoomInfo supplies Org Charts, which are good for laddering up to Dirac, VPs, and C level.
  • Provides the ability to filter by desired contact info (biz email, direct phone, etc.).
  • Boolean (logic) searches within organizations.
  • Add the ability to select multiple tag lists at once for viewing.
Well Suited Scenarios:
- Targeted Email & cold calling campaigns.
- Strategic Pipeline generation.
- Laddering up.
- Becoming multi-threaded in Accounts.

Less Appropriate:
- Email blasting.

Read Nick Flory's full review
Patty Mae Angeles | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 27, 2020

Sales teams at early start-ups are able to hit the ground running with ZoomInfo

We're using it across the sales organization, including inside reps and strategic account executives, and our growth marketing manager. This is a single-source of creating contacts and accounts. We wouldn't have an active sales database without it! When it comes to populating and building lists for marketing initiatives such as webinars, events, lead-generation - all of it is done with ZoomInfo, and for sales, all of our outreach and targeting is done through ZoomInfo alone.
  • List building.
  • Filtering contacts/accounts.
  • Fortune 5000 accounts.
ZoomInfo is a powerful tool for:
  • List building
  • Verified contacts/account information
  • Populating lists for marketing initiatives; ie. events, webinars, drip campaigns
  • Building a sales database
Read Patty Mae Angeles's full review
Aliyah Lofton | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 25, 2020

ZoomInfo is AWESOME

ZoomInfo is being used by my sales department; we moved from Hoovers to ZoomInfo, and it's been very helpful to find the right leads in the correct positions and have accurate information.
  • Provides accurate Info 98% of the time.
  • Great lists.
  • Not being able to search by timezone.
  • Not being able to search for companies that have HQ in Canada and a location in the US (for example).
ZoomInfo has really helped my team find more useful and accurate names and info.
Read Aliyah Lofton's full review
Taylor Davis | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 20, 2020

ZoomInfo is Dishonest

We needed some help with a list of employers. Zoominfo said that in order to get that list, we had to get access to their online tools.
  • List was of medium quality.
  • ZoomInfo used misleading language in the contract to auto-renew and pushed us for more payment even though we do not log in anymore and we verbally agreed that this would not auto-renew. They have been very unreasonable.
I can't work with a dishonest company. ZoomInfo has clearly been dishonest. The front page of the contract specified the 'Term' of the contract as 366 days. The back of the contract in very little font specified that the term was 366 until the renewal which auto-renews unless we give written desire to stop before 30 days of renewal. This is ridiculous, dishonest and self-serving. I would understand paying if we went over the renewal and were still using every day but we have not used this information in months.
Read Taylor Davis's full review
Dean Rutter | TrustRadius Reviewer

New ZoomInfo User Review

We have been a DiscoverOrg customer and just started with the combination of ZoomInfo+DO. I love the expanded number of contacts, cleaner interface and added features of the platform. I am still learning how to get the most out of the platform but have over the past few weeks, concluded that this is going to be a meaningful improvement over the DO database/toolset.
  • Pull contacts' email and phone.
  • Build email target list by level and position.
  • Smaller company contacts.
  • Some hierarchies need work.
ZoomInfo is good for prospecting and verifying prospect information, refreshing/updating stale Salesforce data, integration with Salesforce, and eliminating the need to create an uploadable .csv file.
Read Dean Rutter's full review
Craig Lipscomb | TrustRadius Reviewer

ZoomInfo Data Compilation

ZoomInfo is being used to help manage the hierarchy of our customers and to manage the buyer-seller ratio to best accommodate our professional relationships. When additional support is needed and responsibility needs to be delegated accordingly, we're able to respond in a timely manner. ZoomInfo also helps us best strategize which companies fit the demographic for our prospecting as well.
  • Organizing information on who can best benefit from a professional relationship.
  • Data Efficiency in finding what's needed in the fewest possible clicks.
We needed to quickly identify all of the employees in a particular role with a company after establishing a new professional relationship and ZoomInfo was able to pull that information and make it readily available to our sales teams in the same day. It was awesome and we like having the ability to have software able to quickly help identify partnerships.
Read Craig Lipscomb's full review
Leo Woods | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 21, 2020

ZoomInfo is Still a Top Product!

We use ZoomInfo to source leads for our conference programs. The data it provides is quite accurate most of the time, and its searching capabilities helps us to find people within organizations that are sometimes not present in other corporate search databases. It offers a variety of click / dial features and lets us cut / paste information easily into other formats. All factions of our organization use this service.
  • Accuracy of information is as good, or better than others.
  • Displaying "all" records within a company.
  • Seems that it is not always as current as some of their competitors.
  • Would be nice if it synced up with the CRM service I use.
ZoomInfo is a perfect service to use when you need to find additional employees within an organization. The big competitor in the space is reliant on employees creating a profile. Because of that, ZoomInfo often has more entries for any given company. It is also nice with regard to how they present the data: Direct - Mobile - Email - number of employees - company revenues - etc...
Read Leo Woods's full review

Advanced search (298)
Identification of new leads (279)
List quality (293)
List upload/download (262)
Ideal customer targeting (274)
Load time/data access (286)
Contact information (300)
Company information (296)
Industry information (280)
Lead qualification process (52)
Smart lists and recommendations (52)
Salesforce integration (190)
Company/business profiles (273)
Alerts and reminders (125)
Data hygiene (257)
Automatic data refresh (221)
Tags (158)
Filters and segmentation (265)
Sales email templates (80)
Append emails to records (25)
5.9

About ZoomInfo

ZoomInfo powered by DiscoverOrg combines a comprehensive business database with technology to fuel a go-to-market strategy from start to finish, and provide an accurate, 360-degree view of customers, prospects, and opportunities. With features and integrations incorporated into your workflows, the company is on a mission to deliver more leads for sales and marketing, with more closed deals, more efficiency for operations, and more control for leadership.

ZoomInfo Features

Prospecting Features
Has featureAdvanced search
Has featureWeb browser extension
Has featureIdentification of new leads
Has featureList quality
Has featureEmail contacts
Has featureDirect dial contacts
Has featureList upload/download
Has featureIdeal customer targeting
Does not have featureLinkedIn integration
Does not have featureData.com integration
Has featureLoad time/data access
Does not have featureReverse IP lookup
Sales Intelligence Data Standards Features
Has featureContact information
Has featureCompany information
Has featureIndustry information
Data Augmentation & Lead Qualification Features
Does not have featureLead qualification process
Does not have featureSmart lists and recommendations
Has featureSalesforce integration
Has featureTags
Has featureFilters and segmentation
Does not have featureNotes
Has featureSalesforce opportunity creation
Has featureAbility to append contact, lead, and account level data
Sales Intelligence Email Features Features
Does not have featureAutomated initial emails
Has featureSales email templates
Does not have featureSales landing pages
Does not have featureEngagement tracking
Does not have featureAppend emails to records
Does not have featureGmail integration
Has featureExchange integration
Has featureMarketing automation integration

ZoomInfo Competitors

Data.com, InsideView, Hoover's (Legacy)

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes