- Getting phone numbers with a high accuracy rate
- Getting emails with a high accuracy rate
- Allowing us to sift through companies for people with titles we're looking for
- Occasionally people have left company (but not such a high rate)
- Sometimes phone numbers are off
- Login is extremely annoying
- Provides background information on organizations. This helped me to get a quick understanding of potential accounts prior to reaching out.
- Provides an easy solution for getting information on new leads into Salesforce. This saved me time from creating new leads.
- Provides information on a network of individuals to target your outreach.
- When they upgraded, the transition could have been smoother. I found that I switched back and forth a lot.
- At times I came across outdated information.
- ZoomInfo has great organization within the database. It is very easy to find people and companies.
- ZoomInfo has outstanding integration with Salesforce and I love the Chrome extension.
- The information I've gotten on ZoomInfo would have been very difficult for me to find elsewhere.
- As a software company, having data on what systems our prospect is using is vital information.
- Often I run into people who are no longer with that company. There is no way to flag for errors or make changes.
- Often there are people who are not in ZoomInfo.
- ZoomInfo can't import data from its website on the lower version of Salesforce.
- The Salesforce version of ZoomInfo is more difficult to use. I find I often have to import one person at a time.
- I have huge pressure to perform better because the cost is so high for this product.
- ZoomInfo does a great job of providing info for smaller companies that do not have employees listed in other databases, such as Discover.org
- I like that I can just click on the company and usually find an accurate employee head count to be able to align the prospect to the correct rep.
- Many times I've used ZoomInfo to determine if an employee is still with a company. If they have moved to another company, I can still find the new company and phone number, usually.
- I think that an annoying thing about ZoomInfo is that you don't get an exact address for remote employees or current employees other than, for example, the state and city. I would like to see the actual mailing addresses.
- ZoomInfo does not always have the most accurate company info for every employee. I personally find that I have to compare any person I find on ZoomInfo with LinkedIn just to try my best to determine if they actually are still working at that company.
- If you spell a prospect's name wrong, there is no feature to do a best guess on who it might be as does Google if you misspell a name. I wish this could happen on ZoomInfo.
- ZoomInfo allows you to find potential clients and partners by searching within a particular industry as well as for a particular company size.
- ZoomInfo categorizes contacts into specific categories such as HR, Finance, IT, Customer Service, etc so you can ensure you are reaching the right department for your needs.
- ZoomInfo also provides company info such as the revenue cap, number of employees, and how long they have been in business.
- ZoomInfo allows you to create lists of contacts & store them right on the website.
- I have found that contact info is not always the most up-to-date on ZoomInfo.
- ZoomInfo charges "credits" to export contacts into SalesForce, so you either spend extra money or a lot of time getting the contact info transferred over.
- It is frustrating that if the page is refreshed you have to start all the way over with your search.
- ZoomInfo allows users to search by people, companies, job titles, functions, seniority level, and more
- ZoomInfo also provides 30-minute training for salespeople and recruiters to better use the tools available on the platform
- ZoomInfo also allows users to build lists while researching and then exporting them
- ZoomInfo integrates well into SFDC (right onto lead/contact records) with the ability to update the record with information from ZoomInfo, however, there does not seem to be a way to Copy + Paste the information that appears in the SFDC integrated screen
- ZoomInfo contacts are often outdated; they lag behind when someone has left a company
- ZoomInfo often provides Company/HQ phone lines (which are already easily accessible via-Google search) that cannot get the caller anywhere near the intended contact; this is common
- The ZoomInfo Salesforce integration is very user-friendly, especially the "update all" functionality.
- The ZoomInfo chrome plugin ReachOut is another convenient and user-friendly. Speed and convenience are prerequisites in the fast-paced sales world.
- ZoomInfo provides a value effective global Account and Contact solution. We use this platform in dozens of countries on five continents and get good information without breaking the bank.
- I get a number of questions asking if there is any way we can prevent ZoomInfo from logging out of the Salesforce integration. if there was an SSO solution that could tie in with Azure login it would be very helpful.
- Some of our associates in the APAC region feel the ZoomInfo Contact data is often lacking completeness and is sometimes out of date.
- ZoomInfo has a great workflow with Outreach and Salesforce.
- Most data ZoomInfo has is accurate.
- ZoomInfo has a large database with just about every industry.
- ZoomInfo customer service is great.
- The data credits are inefficient when trying to reach out to mass amounts of prospects.
- The cost of the program can be very steep.
- There is room for improvement on some of the search tools.
- Finding a prospect's email
- Finding direct lines to prospects
- Finding percentages of each department within a company
- Sometimes outdated information
- Does not have email verification on it. Currently, use a 3rd party free tool
- Takes 6-12 months to add new employees to companies
ZoomInfo is not the best place to find new employees who were hired within the last 6-12 months.
- ZoomInfo integrates very well with other solutions. For example, we integrate it within our Salesforce so that we can access it while using Salesforce. It creates a seamless prospecting experience.
- ZoomInfo has a very user-friendly interface. The options for filtering the list of contacts by name or by position make it easy to sift through the data and find the best contacts.
- ZoomInfo has contact info for most of its contacts. This is a huge strength because just having the name of the CEO, CTO, or Product Manager isn't the best strategy. That's where ZoomInfo comes in and can give you their email and phone number.
- Sometimes the contact is no longer at the company, which can be a bit annoying.
- Sometimes the email or phone number is not accurate.
- Provides critical contact information such as direct line, email, affiliations, employment history, and even education. All of this can be used while prospecting clients.
- ZoomInfo is able to integrate with Salesforce, which makes importing and updating new contacts 100 times easier. Within the ZoomInfo portal on a Salesforce company record, you have the ability to filter by location, department, and even employee name to find the correct contacts.
- Once the Zoominfo Chrome extension is downloaded, you are able to access basic company information from within your Chrome browser. This feature is especially helpful when sales representatives are conducting research on potential clients (companies), but do not have a record created in the CRM. You can see number of employees, company phone, location, industry, etc.
- Sometimes provides outdated information.
- If your Salesforce has customized fields on contact records, uploading new contacts directly from ZoomInfo might not work properly.
- I cannot think of a third con about ZoomInfo.
- List contacts in terms of relevance
- Ability to filter by job title and function
- Account List upload option and bulk prospect search
- Some of the contacts listed in there are long gone out of the company
- Some contacts do not have a job title listed
- Occasionally, the phone numbers provided are wrong numbers
- Segmentation - They do a good job of segmenting lists by multiple categories.
- Accurate information - email addresses and phone numbers are accurate 98% of the time.
- They work with us to makes sure our needs are met.
- They help us come up with creative solutions that meet our needs.
- More segmentation - more segmentation is always good.
- Slightly better interface for downloading and managing lists.
- Slightly better "standard" pricing.
It's great for verifying contact information.
- ZoomInfo shows a lot of people within one organization.
- It gives you a lot of data about the prospect like phone, mail, address, social media and etc.
- You can upload the prospects to the tools that it integrates with.
- Contact & Company Search features can be improved in a way that you can apply SQL language.
- More people have to be added to the database because generally when I can't find someone on ZoomInfo I go to DiscoverOrg and find that person.
- It'd be very nice if ZoomInfo can give advice on your searches like these companies/contacts might be relevant to your search.
- ZoomInfo is great at providing contact information for a large number of people at thousands of companies.
- ZoomInfo often times has direct lines for prospects that aren't available elsewhere.
- The vast majority of the contact information that ZoomInfo provides is accurate.
- Occasionally, ZoomInfo has old information or inaccurate info for prospects. For example, my contact information (and job title) are inaccurate on ZoomInfo.
- Some of the phone numbers that ZoomInfo has that are considered to be "direct lines" are personal cellphones of prospects. When used, there are times when prospects are upset that you have their personal number and reached them on it.
- ZoomInfo doesn't have the most accurate company related information. ZoomInfo is a much better resource for providing individual info vs. at a company level.
- Credible information
- Simple contact export features
- Easy-to-use interface
- More direct phone numbers would be useful
- Adding notes to a lead so that others from your company can see your engagement
- More flexible licensing
- Sorts by most important title so decision makers show up first typically
- Click to add saves time and data entry
- Shows how current the data is with a date stamp to the right of each contact
- First, sometimes I still have to search LinkedIn and add people manually at times. That is somewhat natural due to turnover I am sure.
- Second, and this may be a setting on my company's part, not certain, I now have to login to ZoomInfo ever day whereas it used to keep me logged in for long periods of time, even months.
- You can find data that you can't get from LinkedIn
- You can get a lot of direct phone numbers
- Even if the contact info for a specific person is not available, you can fine the email nomenclature for another employee in the organization.
- I'm not a fan of the updated interface
- It integrates well into Salesforce and LinkedIn Sales Navigator, offering a Chrome extension that allows you to open Zoom from the side to save a few steps when looking for a contact's email/phone info.
- I'm able to find many emails that I otherwise would not be able to find.
- Even when I can't find a particular contact, you can find the structure of the company email fairly easily, allowing you to more accurately guess at your contact's email.
- My only issue is that many of the contacts in my industry are not listed in Zoom, or have not been updated recently, which can be frustrating.
- Very accurate contact information for prospects' direct lines and emails.
- Allows you to quickly sync prospects into your CRM with the click of a button.
- Gives you a great, updated overview of titles & positions within your targeted account.
- Simple UI and user friendly tool.
- Security issue discussions have popped up in the news and by word of mouth.
- Some of the filtering capabilties in general with the tool could be improved.
- Some information, like how long a contact has been with a company, is a bit outdated and could be better cleaned up.
- Easy to use
- Delivers reliable information
- Works great with Salesforce
- Occasionally will have inaccurate emails
- The list exporting process can be cumbersome
- The Chrome extension is occasionally slow
- Provides direct phone numbers
- Provides correct email addresses
- Help find contacts that may or may not be on LinkedIn
- Provides history on the contact and previous places they worked and some interesting facts that can be used while contacting them
- More updates. 6 months is a long time to run an update and often people are no longer at the company
- Do some more verification steps. I've had people who have passed away, however, since their email signature is still active, it shows as them still working at the company. Awkward phone calls.
- Lower the price to enable more usage.
- The best thing ZoomInfo has going for it is its reputation for being one of the most up-to-date and accurate sources for direct phone numbers. There are many other tools out there that can find company emails, but the phone numbers is a big selling point.
- The UX/UI is far from ideal. That said, they are investing in this piece and even pushed a major update to the UI this year with ZoomInfo 2.0, along with a new Chrome extension (which still has some kinks to work through).
- Great contact filtering options. For example, you can search by company HQ location or by an actual employee stationed location. This is a great feature
- Credit system to redeem contacts with a list with a direct integration to .csv and SF
- Many contacts have direct dials! A golden information in the world of sales
- ReachOut Browser extension is great. If you are browsing a Linkedin profile you can search for their contact information with one click.
- A lot of old contact information, at least in EMEA. My U.S. colleagues seem to have better information, but we struggle with that in Europe.
- List build tutorial is very clumsy. I had to call support a few times.
- Account support could be better. We were reaching out to set up a call discuss renewal and no one got back to us.
- I have found that contacts in the database have a high percentage of direct dials. As any business development or sales person who cold calls can tell you, having the ability to get in touch directly on the phone with prospects makes life so much better and makes hitting your goals way easier.
- All of the data is pulled directly from users contacts, which usually equates to more accurate info. While Data.com is very useful, there are still a lot of users who add numbers as direct or make erroneous changes to contacts trying to earn points which can be frustrating. That problem doesn't exist on ZoomInfo.
- You can also find some talking points as it can include previous positions and education. Having some additional intel on a prospect is always a good thing when trying to build rapport on a cold call.
- More accurate company data, specifically when it comes to employee counts. This information is just put into a range and many times just isn't accurate anyways.
- While not a huge issue, there are times when I'll run into contact information that is very out of date. That is the one downside to the crowd sourced data. If numerous people don't have updated contact information, you can come across folks who were last updated YEARS ago.
- Downloading lists can make it hard to have enough account information. While you can filter on the site, subcategories don't show up in downloaded CSVs for some reason, which means at times you need to go back and create multiple lists. If they added the subcategories it would take a lot of steps out the process.
ZoomInfo Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Professionals from all fields, including sales, marketing, recruiting, and finance, rely on ZoomInfo for high quality, actionable contact and company data that keeps pace with ever-changing business needs.
With ZoomInfo, users can improve their marketing campaigns and sales outreach, and the quality of their database with highly actionable data, enabling better segmentation, deliverability, and response. Users can also shorten the sales cycle and increase revenue with on-demand email addresses and direct phone number information, thus helping them reach decision makers faster. ZoomInfo also helps recruiters source top candidates, with access to meaningful data necessary for success.
Additionally, users can build high-quality, segmented lists based on industry, company location and size, revenue, title, job function, and more using the step-by-step wizard. The vendor’s value proposition is that by fueling campaigns with accurate information, users ensure that their emails reach prospects and that their database is clean and actionable.
ZoomInfo Videos (3)
- Learn how ZoomInfo helps Demand Gen Marketing professionals
- Learn how ZoomInfo helps Marketing Ops professionals achieve some of their most pressing objectives.
- Learn how ZoomInfo helps Recruiters connect with quality candidates and key clients.
- Learn how Sales professionals use ZoomInfo to increase their connect rates & drive more conversations.
- How SalesLoft reached 4x more of their key contacts.
- With comprehensive technographics from HG Data and reliable contact information from ZoomInfo, you can save significant time segmenting and connecting with your ideal buyers.
- Learn how Outreach cut time to connect rates by 67%
- Contact & Company Search
- ZoomInfo's Reachout Extension
- Target Accounts
- ZoomInfo for Salesforce Suite
ZoomInfo Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ZoomInfo Technical Details