ZoomInfo Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Katie Carlson profile photo
Our executive sales team uses ZoomInfo to build lists, find more information about companies we're looking to partner with, and help us to identify the proper contacts/teams to work with. It saves me time while prospecting while helping to ensure I'm reaching the most appropriate companies and contacts. I am a huge fan, and there are so many features I don't have the time to use. Highly recommend.
  • Easy to search for the data you're looking for (i.e. company information, contact information, groupings of similar companies, etc.).
  • Great customer support. I've only had an issue maybe once or twice, and each time the issue was resolved promptly.
  • Sometimes there is company or contact information that can be inaccurate, but I almost always have enough information to get me to my next step.
  • I wish there was more insight on smaller companies sometimes, but I understand why this information is more difficult to identify/populate.
ZoomInfo is great for companies looking to add another great tool to your sales, marketing, and potentially data team's arsenal. That said, if you're looking for clients that are startups, are small businesses (less than 10M in revenue, less than 10 employees, etc.) - it may not be the best fit for now.
Read Katie Carlson's full review
Patrick Cormier profile photo
ZoomInfo is being used daily by our organization. The teams that currently use Zoom Info are our sales development reps, account executives, account managers, and the customer success team. All of these teams are sales focused. From the time a new lead comes in, ZoomInfo is used for data improvement and appending. It provides contact information, industry and address information which is crucial to our sales processes.
  • Provides Great Contact Information.
  • Industry information is crucial for our SDR team that cover specific verticals.
  • Ability to import new accounts using browser extension.
  • Employee range information seems to differ from LinkedIn frequently.
  • The browser extension is a bit bulky.
  • Job titles could use more frequent updating.
ZoomInfo is well suited to provide any additional necessary company and people information that a sales team would need in order to be successful. It should not be treated as an end all be all when assigning leads or moving prospects through the pipeline. Some additional due diligence should be expected to make sure things are correct.
Read Patrick Cormier's full review
Samantha Juett profile photo
It is used in Sales by Sales Development Reps and Account Executives to find prospects, find accounts, and find contact information about prospects. It is a great too for account mapping and building pipeline. Most useful for finding contact information once you know a prospect's name. I use ZoomInfo almost daily.
  • Accurate contact information about people
  • Provides detailed insights about a company (departments)
  • Sometimes the integration in Salesforce does not work properly
  • Certain contact information is outdated and no longer accurate
Well suited to find people that work at a particular company and their contact information. Great for sales people. Not sure what other departments would use it.
Read Samantha Juett's full review
Renee Siems profile photo
In my business development role, I search for C-suite Finance contacts and their direct dials and email info. I've found the content to be very accurate and comprehensive which has eliminated unnecessary, time-consuming, and many times, inaccurate searches via the internet, LinkedIn, etc.
  • Contact direct dial`
  • Contact title
  • Would like the organizational charts to be included in the basic Zoom subscription.
  • I'd like to set default search criteria rather than having to set it each time.
It's very easy to use and has comprehensive information for C-Suite Finance contacts—their direct dial and email information. It's also convenient to search for a company by industry, location, or revenue.
Read Renee Siems's full review
Brian Wiese profile photo
ZoomInfo is currently being used by our company in three different departments including sales, marketing, and vendor enrollment. Marketing uses ZoomInfo to find the best companies and leads to do outreach to while casting a wide net. Sales utilizes ZoomInfo to target specific accounts and personas within those accounts to create the largest impact. Vendor enrollment uses ZoomInfo to find the most accurate vendor contact info to help get the different vendors signed up.
  • ZoomInfo has had the most accurate contact info of the different systems I've used.
  • ZoomInfo's search accounts by domain function makes searching easy.
  • ZoomInfo maps well to Salesforce, but not perfectly.
  • ZoomInfo is the most accurate database I have used, but it still has old contacts sometimes.
ZoomInfo is fantastic for lead generation activities in sales and marketing for mid-market to enterprise accounts. The contact information and general company information are seemingly always accurate with the exception of some old emails and phone numbers. ZoomInfo is not as well suited for going after small business accounts around 500 and under.
Read Brian Wiese's full review
Fraser Murphy profile photo
ZoomInfo is solely used by our sales department currently. We have a number of different users who use it slightly differently (Business development researchers and SDRS). The research subteam gets the most value out of the tool as it allows them to very quickly find and enrich accounts with contact information. It also allows them to quickly build up lists of potential companies to contact as the tool has a very nice search and filter feature where you can match existing customer profiles with other companies who meet the same criteria.

SDRs use ZoomInfo to acquire contact information, especially if they don't work with the researchers.
  • Finding correct contacts and their job title
  • Matching company profiles to make it easier to find “best fit” companies
  • The chrome extension can be slow
  • Increasing the range of search and company match criteria further would be good - not flexible enough currently
ZoomInfo is very well suited for its purpose. I wouldn't say that there is a scenario where we want to use it but are unable. The only thing that would be nice is to have a greater range of search criteria. But, they do seem to be doing a good job of adding that. They recently added the ability to filter based on what funding round the company has achieved.

Well suited for:
  • Quickly and efficiently finding useful contacts within a company
  • Exporting their information to Salesforce
  • Finding contact email and phone numbers
  • Generating lists of potentially good fit companies
Read Fraser Murphy's full review
Himanshu Taneja profile photo
Our Sourcing Department is using ZoomInfo to find the right talent/candidates for our client. It is a very helpful tool to find talent—outside of LinkedIn—where you can find their email and phone numbers to reach them.
  • You can get direct phone/email for 95% of contacts.
  • You can find talent you don't find on other resources.
  • ZoomInfo needs to provide data from other countries as well such as India, Germany, China, etc.
  • Sometimes ZoomInfo's speed gets too slow. Please improve it.
If you want to reach out to people directly by phone/email, ZoomInfo is the right tool. If you want to check companies by industry, use ZoomInfo.
Read Himanshu Taneja's full review
Leo Fernandez profile photo
ZoomInfo is being used across the sales organization as a "source of truth" for business intelligence. When researching prospective or existing customers, it's hard to find all of the information you need in just one tool. ZoomInfo's intuitive UI makes that possible.
  • The Org Chart function makes it easy to see who you should be targeting/involving in a sales process.
  • The Technologies function gives you insight into tools being used that complement or compete with the solution you're trying to sell.
  • n/a. I feel like I need to learn more about ZoomInfo's additional capabilities to leverage it for full impact on my day-to-day prospecting, selling strategy, etc.
I believe I'm using ZoomInfo for what it's best suited for: to gather information on prospective customers I'm targeting as part of an overall Enterprise sales strategy. However, it is not a social media tool or a way to communicate directly with your clients.
Read Leo Fernandez's full review
Maian Tran profile photo
January 09, 2020

ZoomInfo Pros and Cons

It's used across the Revenue Team and Marketing Team for the business development reps. We use it to prioritize account lists and multiple lines of prospecting (phone, email, etc.).
  • I have more access to phone numbers than I used to.
  • The tool itself is quite fast.
  • Some contact information is out of date. I would say like 20% of the time the person isn't at that same job or has a different title
  • Our plan is only limited to 25 exports at a time.
If your team is moving to a more call-heavy approach, it's a good tool for that. However, it lacks the ability to find prospects using good filters and the information is far from perfect.
Read Maian Tran's full review
Cleve Shirley profile photo
I am using ZoomInfo to identify target accounts and personnel to connect with. I try to identify up to 100 new accounts per month and the ability to access reliable data on employee information with contact info, along with Linkedin links is priceless. Our company uses Salesforce and the integration with ZoomInfo is a huge time saver and great for keeping things organized.
  • Org charts
  • Social media links
  • Framing in Salesforce
  • Changing departments in org charts (it locks up in SF)
My use is fairly narrow, but in my day to day use, I find ZoomInfo extremely valuable. My use centers around researching companies in verticals and looking to see if their technology is consistent with our target clients and then utilizing org charts to facilitate outreach.
Read Cleve Shirley's full review
Jeremy Peters profile photo
We use ZoomInfo across the sales and marketing teams. It allows us to find the contacts we need, as we need them, within Salesforce. There are functionalities that aren’t fully built out yet, that will someday be awesome. But if you’re looking for a finished product (no such thing in software) then, this tool will fall short.
  • Salesforce Importing
  • Easy to Use
  • Mobile number import
  • Contacts < 1 year in role
Salesforce environments, teams with no sales ops leads, or startups with DIY work environments are well-suited. However, this tool is not well-suited for enterprise environments or marketing teams looking for accurate/reliable contact data out of the box. This data is on average about 70% accurate, and requires blending/modeling with other data sources.
Read Jeremy Peters's full review
Mackenzie Bannister profile photo
We use ZoomInfo for sales and marketing purposes to learn the identities of decision-makers at companies that we want to work with.
  • User-friendly interface
  • Relevant supplemental material
  • A surprising amount of emails bounce, considering their "never bounce" promise
  • Several small companies aren't even in their database, which is unfortunate as that's our main target audience
ZoomInfo is great for lead generation and giving you the right number to call. As for the right name and/or email, it's still more dependable than other databases but maybe not $10,000/year worth, especially if you're a small business looking for other small businesses.
Read Mackenzie Bannister's full review
Chris Callaway profile photo
We are a small organization, so ZoomInfo allows us to use our time efficiently to reach out to many different prospective clients, whether it is reaching out to businesses for ticket sales, sponsorships, group sales or whatever else we may need. We use it as a great way to reach out initially, and then follow up with an in-person drop-in if applicable.
  • Broad range of information available
  • Accurate information
  • The search feature can be a tad clunky, but "saved search" helps out there
  • The initial cost is high
I would definitely recommend the functionality of ZoomInfo, if you can get over the high initial start-up cost. The business directory that ZoomInfo has is vast and, for the most part, accurate, which helps allow our business to reach out to many business efficiently. It's also useful to help find business close to us that we may not be familiar with, as well as expand our reach to grow our business radius.
Read Chris Callaway's full review
Jace Anderson profile photo
Used by the sales, marketing and partnership departments to identify contacts within target organizations. Most heavily used by the account based marketing team to filter prospective companies based on their industry, technology stack, location, employee count and revenue numbers. It truly helps connect with the contacts within these companies by uncovering more direct lines and emails than any other platform.
  • The direct phone lines are usually pretty spot on
  • The organization charts are handy for our ABM team
  • The search feature could be greatly improved
  • The ability to see other colleagues "Tagged" contacts is necessary
ZoomInfo is great when in the ABM sense, when you have highly targeted parameters for companies you are targeting. It quickly identifies these companies and makes it easy to search by the desired characteristics. However, if you are doing bulk outreach, the data, emails, information, often has to be double checked which can make this time consuming.
Read Jace Anderson's full review
Daniel Knigge profile photo
We are using ZoomInfo in my department as a prospecting tool, to find the best individuals in an organization to contact. It's been a great addition to our department to locate, and contact the proper individuals that work with vendor management within their organization.

Resolved the problem of not being able to find the decision makers within the organization, and time spent looking for the correct information.
  • Accurate company information
  • Accurate phone numbers and contact information for individuals in a company
  • Feel it meets the needs of my position.
Provides great information, and very helpful. Not all companies have a full list of individuals, but understand ZoomInfo is only limited to what a company can provide.
Read Daniel Knigge's full review
Kevin Mills profile photo
We are growing our database with new contacts. We are trying to grow our cloud business and gaining updated contact information is key. We have a marketing campaign using SalesForce Engage to send Intent Topic emails to key people. Goal is to be "Johnny On the Spot" and nail the timing with good information to interested companies.
  • Searchability by size, location, title
  • Intent Topics that are relevant
  • 90% accurate, but not 100% accurate
  • Intent topics are helpful but we never know who was doing the searching
We are assigning 5 companies to each rep to call on. We identify these companies by Surging Intent Topic - like Backup Software. We then provide each rep with a few contacts and assign a SFDC task for them to start prospecting towards them. We have generated 10 emails using SFDC Engage for our reps to send Intent Topic specific emails. Everything is automated and works well.
Read Kevin Mills's full review
Alexa Terry profile photo
ZoomInfo was being used by my previous organization for lead generation. We would use ZoomInfo to supplement information (or to confirm information) that was generated by Sales Navigator on LinkedIn. We also used it to pull lists of Small Market Business, Mid Market Business and of course Enterprise Businesses. Mostly, as an SDR, once I found a company I wanted to pursue I would use ZoomInfo to find phone numbers and emails of prospects.
  • Sometimes it can find personal numbers/extensions, but if not it can find business numbers!
  • Really great accuracy for finding emails of prospects.
  • Can create lists based on region, company, size of company, revenue (as long as it's public), etc.
  • Some data is old - they should allow you to "earn credits" for confirming information available on there and vice versa for bad information.
  • ZoomInfo is quite expensive for licenses for your whole team, and then you have a limited number of credits. Seems redundant for pricing.
It's great for a sales development representative or account executive looking to find leads and put them into a cadence. ZoomInfo also speaks to your CRM or sales tools (for us at the time it was Outreach) to log correct information for when you go to follow-up with them. I would say it's not as applicable of a tool if you're not external/customer facing. Not sure what you would need it for!
Read Alexa Terry's full review
alim mukhida profile photo
ZoomInfo is currently being used by our outbound and inbound sales teams here at Hootsuite. It is being primarily used by the sales department and has plans to be rolled out across the entire company. This allows our sales teams prospect further into organizations that are interested in buying our product as well as cold reach out to organizations that we think might be a good fit.
  • ZoomInfo allows you to download quickly a lot of leads at once
  • Accurate personal information for companies and prospects
  • Easy to use interface
  • At times ZoomInfo lags when starting up and requires a restart
  • Personal email or contact numbers, not work are at times inaccurate
  • ZoomInfo randomly crashes at times but very infrequently
ZoomInfo has allowed us to successfully launch out the Outbound team with a prospecting tool. We have identified key verticals and industries that we have built out strategic cadences for and this tool allows us to execute these sales campaigns. For our Inbound team, we are able to further prospect into accounts that have expressed interest in purchasing Hootsuite.
Read alim mukhida's full review
Pete Otero profile photo
October 01, 2019

ZoomInfo Review

It is being used on an individual level, and you can request access. Mostly business development uses the tool with the exception of some salespeople.
  • Integration to SFDC.
  • Visibility into all social media for the prospect.
  • Better search functionality.
  • Up to date info - You have to change filters and make sure you are only searching for the last 6 months. If you don't, then your data is dated.
  • Creat a better way to create filters when searching.
ZoomInfo is well-suited for email campaigns, pulling in large data, and getting contact info. It is great if you are using a tool like Salesloft and SFDC. If you are using all three, the tool is pretty powerful due to its ability to pull data in and push it out to something like Salesloft.
Read Pete Otero's full review
Aaron Payne profile photo
We use ZoomInfo for prospecting and sales intro techniques.
  • Quality phone numbers
  • Trusty account info
  • Ability to add prospects to cadences faster.
  • Removal of drop down trees like DiscoOrg has
This is a great tool to pinpoint and target specifically the prospects you know are the right people.
Read Aaron Payne's full review
Maria Velasco profile photo
The entire sales development department is utilizing ZoomInfo. It is very helpful with gaining more information about our accounts and clients we are prospecting.
  • Providing contact information for specific departments
  • Providing direct lines to wanted prospects
  • When exporting contacts (especially in a group), it does not choose the already existing account in Salesforce and it makes you manually look up the account for every contact. This is VERY annoying and time-consuming
  • Only allows you to export 25 contacts at a time
As I mention in my review, exporting is very time-consuming because of not already automatically syncing to the previously existing account and being forced to manually change for every single contact. Biggest pain point.

They also have incorrect titles or profile information. This cost me a big mistake, as I booked a meeting with a prospect from the WRONG company of the WRONG territory, which lead me to get in trouble at work.
Read Maria Velasco's full review
Navin Persaud profile photo
We use this product as a means to find target contacts at prospective companies. It's primarily used with our business development teams and allows them to expand their outbound sales efforts.
  • Account list building.
  • Contact profile data.
  • Intent data.
  • Admin usage data reporting.
If your target market is primarily within the USA, with company sizes greater than 300 employees, this is the right list building solution for you. Outside of the USA or for smaller companies, you might find less than ideal data available within this product.
Read Navin Persaud's full review
Fiel Rino profile photo
ZoomInfo is being used primarily by the sales and marketing departments. With ZoomInfo, I'm able to search for a specific building address and determine the companies and contacts that are the tenants in the building to sell my company's services to.
  • You are able to search on a specific address.
  • You are able to see the different technologies a company is using.
  • Have more than 3 favorites for saved searches.
  • Move or hide ZoomInfo updates on the homepage.
I've used DiscoverOrg and now ZoomInfo at my past three companies where I work in sales. I think it is the most reliable source to help build a list of target accounts and leads.
Read Fiel Rino's full review
Corey Hertz profile photo
Being used to find leads and accounts within my territory. Across my department. Helps find complete info that other ones cannot.
  • Searches
  • Integrations
  • Upload limits
  • Sometimes finds numbers that are not specific to that person.
I love how I can upload prospects straight into my outreach sequences.
Read Corey Hertz's full review
Amith Kulkarni profile photo
We use ZoomInfo for contact databases in our sales department. ZoomInfo is great because of its database size and direct dial-in information, emails, etc.
  • Direct dial-ins
  • Mobile numbers of executives
  • Increase the contacts in non-IT
  • Hierarchy/org structure
It's well suited for prospecting, campaigns, webinars, etc.
Read Amith Kulkarni's full review

Advanced search (235)
Identification of new leads (217)
List quality (229)
List upload/download (202)
Ideal customer targeting (217)
Load time/data access (223)
Contact information (238)
Company information (234)
Industry information (219)
Lead qualification process (52)
Smart lists and recommendations (52)
Salesforce integration (151)
Company/business profiles (216)
Alerts and reminders (85)
Data hygiene (205)
Automatic data refresh (171)
Tags (110)
Filters and segmentation (208)
Sales email templates (60)
Append emails to records (25)
5.9

About ZoomInfo

ZoomInfo powered by DiscoverOrg combines a comprehensive business database with technology to fuel a go-to-market strategy from start to finish, and provide an accurate, 360-degree view of customers, prospects, and opportunities. With features and integrations incorporated into your workflows, the company is on a mission to deliver more leads for sales and marketing, with more closed deals, more efficiency for operations, and more control for leadership.

ZoomInfo Features

Prospecting Features
Has featureAdvanced search
Has featureWeb browser extension
Has featureIdentification of new leads
Has featureList quality
Has featureEmail contacts
Has featureDirect dial contacts
Has featureList upload/download
Has featureIdeal customer targeting
Does not have featureLinkedIn integration
Does not have featureData.com integration
Has featureLoad time/data access
Does not have featureReverse IP lookup
Sales Intelligence Data Standards Features
Has featureContact information
Has featureCompany information
Has featureIndustry information
Data Augmentation & Lead Qualification Features
Does not have featureLead qualification process
Does not have featureSmart lists and recommendations
Has featureSalesforce integration
Has featureTags
Has featureFilters and segmentation
Does not have featureNotes
Has featureSalesforce opportunity creation
Has featureAbility to append contact, lead, and account level data
Sales Intelligence Email Features Features
Does not have featureAutomated initial emails
Has featureSales email templates
Does not have featureSales landing pages
Does not have featureEngagement tracking
Does not have featureAppend emails to records
Does not have featureGmail integration
Has featureExchange integration
Has featureMarketing automation integration

ZoomInfo Competitors

Data.com, InsideView, Hoover's (Legacy)

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes