Jama Connect Review
May 03, 2019
Jama Connect Review
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Jama Connect
Jama Connect is being used to track product development from requirements collection through validation evidence presentation. We use it to provide our customers with information about what we are building, why and when it will be delivered. Jama Connect is used across our entire team, but not across my entire company.
- Requirement traceability - Understanding what a requirement entails where it came from and whether it has been incorporated into the design.
- External collaboration - Jama Review Center has been a transformative tool for us to use to present status to external collaborators.
- External tool interface - Bi-directional communications with JIRA has helped bridge the data gap between the Systems Engineering and the Software development teams.
- Jama's hierarchy tree needs improvement, allowing mixed items types within a branch is a critical improvement we would like to see.
- Jama's native dashboard is weak...there is so much more that could be done here to improve the user experience.
- Jama has been key to us bringing our external collaborators, vendors, and customers into a secure, and filtered version of our databases to ensure clear communications and to correct data errors.
We expected to use Jama to clearly communicate our product features and roadmaps internally and externally. We have successfully achieved this goal in both a traditional Systems Engineering "Vee" model and within an Agile framework.
Jama Connect's user experience beats out all competing technologies I have used. The review center part of the tool is a game-changer and really separated Jama Connect from their competitors. Additionally, the fact that Jama can be run in the cloud makes integration with dispersed teams very easy.
Jama Connect is well-suited for teams that need to track systems engineering data of all types. It's also helpful for those needing traceability to provide data context and the ability to present that data internally and to external collaborators.