Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Jama Connect, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Jama Connect creates Live Traceability™ through siloed development, test, and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement.
The vendor boasts a growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
- Jira Software
- Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect
- Rally Software
- Tricentis qTest
- Micro Focus ALM Octane
- Tasktop Integration Hub
- Digital.ai TeamForge
- Vector (CANoe
- ANSYS (SCADE Suite and Medini Analyze)
- formerly from CollabNet
- Azure DevOps Server (previously TFS)
- SmartBear QA Complete
- CATIA No Magic (formerly Cameo/MagicDraw)
- Mathworks: Simulink
- BigLever: Product Line Engineering (PLE)
- Modern Requirements4TFS
- OpsHub Integration Manager
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||30%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||70%|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
- Collaboration on requirement development.
- Establishing traceability between elements.
- Review and approval functions of individual elements.
- The user interface can be cumbersome and difficult to perform certain tasks efficiently. In particular, mass editing of items is not easy to do--items generally need to be handled on an individual basis.
- Although individual needs can vary widely, some basic expected functionality is hidden or altogether unavailable.
- Large projects become very difficult to manage.
- Review process.
- Records system.
- The learning curve is steeper than we would have liked.
- Cumbersome at times.
- We have had issues with sharing information.
- Document Traceability.
- Uploading Documents.
- Exporting Files.
- A search feature needs improvement.
- Creating Filters.
- Integration of other Applications.
- Requirements breakdown.
- Compliance assistance.
- Increase collabration.
- Online resources and guides.
- Web UI can be made intuitive.
- Organize tasks and projects in multiple methodologies (agile, etc).
- Allow clear task assignments so teams understand their responsibilities and workload.
- Allow reporting of tasks/workload/etc so the lead/managers/etc can make informed decisions for our team.
- Integration with other tools is always something that can be improved, although Jama does pretty well with it.
- Allowing cross-organization task assignments to be easier. You can do this now but it would be nice to find a way to make it more seamless.
Since Jama can be used as a complete project management tool, complete details of a product /project can be tracked in one place easily.
- Mapping Requirements, Test runs with Test cases along with Version history
- Synchronizing Test cases across multiple projects
- Test case reviews
- Very flexible as per the process
- Nice tool for collaborating with external partners
- Would have been better if the Jama Connect reviews had an option to attach documents.
- Complete support for Keyboard shortcuts not available.
- Initial setup of Jama is [a] bit cumbersome, as it's not easy to be hosted on premises and requires linux and docker technology skills to install it easily.
- The process of exporting Test case to Word documents is not very user friendly for complicated Test case.
If the organization is small / if the product /project is small & can be tracked easily, then Jama is not the better tool. Also, if we would like to automate any process /flow in Jama, then its bit difficult to develop the scripts and get the complete support for the same.
- Highly integrated features (input, review, communicate, approval)
- Very responsive
- Highly configurable to suit business needs
- To enable instruction/explanation if the mouse is stopped for a certain time (2secs); would like to give people preview of what this is about
Not suitable to manage cases like issues experienced in project development for which we use other tools like Jira.
- Requirements management
- Test management
- Custom reporting ability on the cloud instance
- Items getting out of synchronisation and needs manual re-indexation
I definitely recommend other organisations to use this tool.
- Re using process is easy
- Uploading the documents and files can be done.
- We can export our file's and TC's as well
- Adding new projects in jama along with the TC templates, can be done in minutes
- We can lock our Test cases and Results as well, which is a good one. So that our data is safe and secured
- Search results need be improve a lot. Once i tried to find a Test case. But it displayed more than 80k TC's from all the projects
- Creating filters are bit complicated. Try to make the process easy if possible
- While exporting the files, I've seen a common issue in all formats, where first 2 pages are blank. I don't know why, but it's waste of cloud storage. Even though it's "KB" it matters
- Some times I've seen one issue, in very rare conditions. I've authored the TC it took almost 5hrs to author. When i clicked on save & done button. It just kept on loading, i left it for hours. But sadly it didn't saved. 5 hrs of my work was wasted. This issue was faced by multiple people in my company
I definitely recommend other organisations to use this tool.
If you guys can fix all cons which i mentioned before then it'll be great tool without any doubt
I definitely recommend other organisations to use this tool.
- Collaboration between users
- Review module helps to bring users together and give tools for them to collaborate and approve
- Having all resources in one place is great for having an easy-to-use and clean DHF
- Jama Connect is a database of information at it's core. It would be nice to be able to query it like such.
- It would be nice to be able to write queries to build our own custom reports
- is a repository of project documents with change control
- allows full tracking for software development
- allows you to manage everything related to quality tests
- Filtering can be made more convenient to use
- I love that Jama components are individualized between engineering requirements, product requirements, Change Requests, Waivers (something we made), and so on. I like seeing all the different items in one project and not having to change windows or tabs.
- The Jama reviews are straightforward and easy to navigate. I like seeing the progress and the electronic signatures. This was an added bonus.
- I wish users could have read access for some projects and write access for others. This is a big struggle for us right now.
- The launch of the Project admin vs Org admin wasnt smooth and I find myself navigating it solo. I wish there was a webinar that goes over it.
- Baselining needs some serious improvement. Jama baselines items after every review, which is frustrating when items in my review are not approved. As a result, I had to create a locking in the item workflows for Baselines (which I created), but I think this makes things complicated. I really only want to baseline items that have unanimous approvals.
- Having access to requirements from everywhere in the world.
- Requirement reports for document-centric parts of the development.
- Support for online reviews and discussions.
- Cloud-based installations don't have full access to all reporting tools.
- Online reporting templates are not too customizable.
- Glossaries are not first-class citizens in Jama; it should be possible to link to glossary entries directly from requirements, and vice-versa.
- requirements management
- customization of projects
- safety risk management -> make it more automated in terms of filling of metrics.
- More integrations to agile tools beyond JIRA.
- The versatile filters in Jama make it easy to look at the requirements you're particularly interested in.
- Bidirectional trace views make it easy to digest how items are traced and identify improperly linked items.
- Jama's search function is difficult to use. It typically finds results that are completely unrelated to what I was searching for.
- It would be nice if projects could have project-specific relationship rules. For instance, if you could base a new project's relationship rules off of a different one, but then customize it for that specific project without having to create a whole new set of relationship rules.
- "Related to" and relationships is very strong.
- Reviews are very well structured.
- Reviews show outline numbering and NOT the actual requirement number.
- Roles/permissions are confusing.
- To create, modify and remove customized templates using MS Office.
- Customization of item types and item fields.
- Add more advance formatting options.
- Fix issue with date import. JAMA Connect changes the date to be one day ahead.
- Jama organizes requirements extremely well into logical hierarchies.
- Jama uses a general requirements structure that is highly customizable.
- Jama's test management is weak for allowing medical device companies to manage verification efforts to meet the FDA's 21 CFR 820.30 design controls.
- Jama still doesn't understand and give enough tools to integrate part 11 compliance.
- In a system of systems way we appreciate a lot JAMA Connect capabilities for items reuse and synchronization.
- Jama Connect provides a high level of features for people collaboration that is key for ensuring a good level of project stakeholders approval and working as a team.
- Basic dashboard capabilities are missing to highlight RM and TM progress on a weekly basis.
- There is no existing JAMA connector with Tableau Software that will allow to access Jama Database and build the customized reports each project could be interesting in depending of their context.
- Centralized location for coordinating requirements and test cases.
- Ability to capture various stakeholder comments and extract real time status.
- Ability to create relationships between various products to facilitate impact analysis.
- Real time interface with DOORS and Cameo EA.
- Ability to create custom metrics such as pie charts, bar graphs, etc.
- System of Record
- Review Center
- General UX
- Report Configuration
- Feature Request turnaround
- Jama Documentation
- Can have access to a number of clients using the same credential.
- A stream option is available for any quick Jama related chat/ queries with colleagues working on the same project.
- An advance Search option is also available apart from the regular search bar.
- Compare Options is available for comparing new and old versions.
- Daily notifications alerts from Jama for any recent changes or updates on your work email.
- I felts that some icons are too small in size that sometimes it's difficult to find them.
- UI has scope for improvement.
- Jama provides flexibility to add customized types of items, e.g. functional requirements, components or projects. Jama is useful for adding any specific attribute in any type of item.
- Jama is useful to track approvals or get approvals for any specific requirement and proceed with it.
- Jama provides a complete history of activities related to any item.
- Jama doesn't provide any functionality or features to add any item type that has user validation in place. i.e. we added Jama_Authors item type and then used the same to create an attribute for the story. That attribute can't have the user validation, or we can not add it in Jama.
- ALM protocol doesn't support URL type attributes in Jama 8. That must be fixed.
- Jama doesn't provide an audit history of administrators on the UI to track the administrative activities.
- Jama says 25,000 active items per project is good to get better performance, but it is less.
Jama doesn't provide self onboarding if it uses the LDAP directory and that is creating extra work for L1/L2 team. so, automation forJama can not be possible to reduce the manual efforts. Also, Jama doesn't provide the proper audition history which also doesn't satisfy most of the needs.
- Jama provides each member of our team with organized and detailed documentation. We can add all of the information we need in a very structured way that is user-friendly.
- Jama helps our teams know we are looking at the latest and greatest requirements. It is easy to know which document is the latest and easy to see what changes were made to each version.
- Jama allows us to store a mass of information. Previously our teams relied on excel documents to store our requirements. This was very limiting to what we could do and how much data we could store. Jama has helped us upload many detailed requirement documents without lagging.
- Jama could make it easier to toggle between different projects or search between multiple projects.
- One can access all its client projects with a single set of credentials.
- Advance search option is also available apart from regular search in a project which makes an easy job to filter for items.
- Compare option is available for the versions to compare the updates made on previous requirements.
- Recent activities and chats of other colleagues working on the same project can be seen.
- Most important is the HELP icon that enables you to understand the workflow in Jama Connect.
- Some additional tutorials can be added in the HELP icon that could make the user familiar with all of the functionality of Jama Connect.
- Many icons are too small to find in the first place. Need a visual tutorial to know about their functionality in detail.
Any Organization needs a platform that can fulfill business objectives and is easy to understand and handle. Jama Connect helps in achieving business goals by providing many efficient functionalities that are easy to understand and suitable to use in client projects.
Comparing Version tools, Chatting options, Activity logs, etc. features make the workflow smooth and compatible enough to make the organization projects go smoothly.