Overall Satisfaction with Join.me
We use Join.me to conduct demos for clients. We use the system 'Zoom' internally for remote employees to join meetings, etc., but specifically when we are dealing with clients and making a sale, we prefer to use 'Join.me'. Our sales department mainly uses Join.me. It's great for getting clients to see something on our screen as quickly and easily as they can, with little technology difficulty.
- Very easy to join a join.me - simple instructions
- Free to use (at least on the most basic level)
- Easy to teach other employees how to use
- Bit of a lag with when my screen moves to when the other screen moves
- Some clients still have difficulty using this
- Great for 2 people to be on, but not the best medium for 3 or more
- Positively helped our sales
- Positive resource for our salespeople to try out and get familiar with
- Positively helped us create ways to engage with clients
- Skype and Zoom
I use Skype for personal video calls, and Zoom for business calls internally. The video and audio quality is better on zoom - but if you're not already a member, it can be a bit confusing to set up for a client who has never used it. Hence, we use join.me for people who don't have zoom, but much prefer to use Zoom when we can internally.
If you are on the phone with a client, and want to quickly show them something that is on your computer (a presentation, graphic, software, etc.) this is absolutely the best service to use for that. It's very easy to give your client instructions and have them start viewing your shared screen.