Overall Satisfaction with Kentico
We use Kentico to manage two brand sites. One site is available in 23 language variations with the other being translated currently. It's used by the Marketing and IT departments for content publishing. It easily manages all the language variations we have for the different countries and users.
- Translations and Language Management - with UI Culture Strings you can specify anything you want to be easily replaced with a language variation
- User Management - Roles and Rights management is deep, but once you learn it's a powerful tool.
- Search index is fantastic out of the box
- UI is too busy but seems to be addressed in v8
- Ability to define a global site and not have language unique pages show up for translation would be helpful for a large global company
- Better blog and tagging
- Increased translation and markets keeping content up to date.
- Easier to maintain site wide changes - such as navigation as compared to our old system.
- Customer can now search and browse our entire product line (over 500 products) which they couldn't do before.
- WordPress,Ektron Web Content Management System
Kentico is to most full featured for large corporate sites needing multiple versions. WordPress may update more frequently, but Kentico has released 2 updates in the 2+ years I've been using it, which is fantastic.
Good support and great features. Honestly, we wouldn't switch to something else this early in the life cycle if we weren't happy but it's a great system.
Like to use
Feel confident using
Slow to learn
- Blogging and tagging
- Performing actions on multiple documents
- Editing UI Culture Strings