Overall Satisfaction with LogicMonitor
We use LogicMonitor for both internal uses, within our Hosting and cloud environments. The two largest benefits we have seen are Time to deployment and Technical Support. Our company often acquires other companies. With LogicMonitor I can have them added to our monitoring solution literally within 1 day. If I do run into any issues, the 24x7 availability to get an engineer on chat is great and they resolve my issues 95% of the time without the need to escalate the case.
- Rapid Deployment
- Out of the box threasholds
- Auto detecting Server/services that need to be monitored with little or no manual configuration
- LMLogs is a new feature they are working on that lets you correlate event logs with alerts. Great idea but they still have a little ways to go to make it user-friendly.
- Reporting needs some work. Especially around configuration reporting.
- Reduced time of deployment from weeks to days or even day.
- Customization lets us integrate customer monitoring solutions that are unique to us.
We have 16 offices in 7 countries. In addition, we have 7 Datacenters as well as Azure, AWS, and Rackspace. We are monitoring several thousand devices.
The deployment of LogicMonitor is extremely easy and very fast. With LogicMonitors out-of-the-box data sources that automatically discover most servers, network equipment, etc., and all the important services or devices on those hosts save hundreds of ours manually configuring monitoring.
As a company that acquires other companies, we have been able to consolidate all the different monitoring solutions into a single integrated solution, LogicMonitor, saving us time and money.
Do you think LogicMonitor delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with LogicMonitor's feature set?
Did LogicMonitor live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of LogicMonitor go as expected?
Would you buy LogicMonitor again?
If you want to be able to roll out monitoring and do not want to manually have to specify each item to be monitored, wasting days or weeks then you really should look at LogicMonitor. On top of that, LogicMonitor is very customizable allowing you to create custom data sources to be monitored. LogicMonitor is not an APM, though I hear that is coming out very soon.